• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Myke Greywolf said:
Thank you so much, I was really starting to go into Pinkamena Diane Pie mode here.

Your suggestion seems like something fun to do and a great challenge, but I can't help but think that we would be venturing well into fursona territory with it.

Not that I care in the least, as long as it's fun. But you know how things work on the Internet, don't you?
How about you just PM everyone the picture so that they can see it for themselves. I don't want my pony to be part of some rule 34 nasty.

Myke Greywolf said:
Thank you so much, I was really starting to go into Pinkamena Diane Pie mode here.

Your suggestion seems like something fun to do and a great challenge, but I can't help but think that we would be venturing well into fursona territory with it.

Not that I care in the least, as long as it's fun. But you know how things work on the Internet, don't you?
I'm glad I could save you from that.

And yea, I know how the Internet works. That's why I suggested these to just be based on usernames. It's personal enough for people to be invested in without being able to take it too far, kinda like NeoGAF and Belle Eve.

Now, when people start requesting other types of pictures and comics with their ponies, that'll be a sight to see. And I won't be held responsible for that.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i dont think any of us is so far gone to delve straight into a fursona just because we got a personal pony. >_>

well, ookami might, but the rest of you seem safe.

It's pretty amazing to refresh this page at work and see that it moved 30 whole pages in one weekend. A lot of that is probably fallout from the finale, moving to Community and the Lauren Faust news, but it puts it into perspective how fast moving a thread this is.

Xadhoom

Neo Member
OMG Aero said:
So now that it's the first week after the end of season 1, does anyone fancy helping me decide what to do with the synchtube over the break?
I think a weekly episode with fan videos would be preferable. As for when, I think last weeks time was okay, but given that it started at 1 AM for most of us in Continental Europe I wouldn't mind if it started an hour or two earlier.

Ark said:
What in the living fuck did I just watch?
I vaguely remember something about that purple river with the gigantic boob-boat floating in it from my childhood, but I remember nothing else about the movie. You know, just that very very vague feeling of recollection.

I'm horrified if that's supposed to be the "best" song in the movie. I almost want to find this on Netflix and see how horrifying it really is. Almost. Maybe. Ugh. Even with the show between seasons, we've got it so good now. I was never a big Transformers fan when I was growing up, but looking at what Hasbro had for girls... that's just insulting.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Ookami-kun said:
Ah yeah, I remember that old review of her. Kinda makes me wonder how she would think of the new show.
Well, there's only one way to find out, right?

After watching the review, I think Nella looks like the perfect gateway to get FiM to Lindsay... if they're not both into it by now.

Adelor Lyon said:
Video review of the original MLP Movie by the Nostalgia Chick. It's quite amazing (and commendable) how Lauren Faust took nothing and turned it into something amazing.
I can't believe I saw that movie in the theater.

This review should have been mandatory viewing for all producers at Hasbro prior to any meetings for the new show, just to emphasize how lucky they were. Maybe if that were the case, Lauren Faust would still be around. /spontaneous-mother-abandonment-issues

Edit: I didn't realize it was MADELINE KAHN in that movie! Classier than I realized!

Nishastra

Banned
meltingparappa said:
This review should have been mandatory viewing for all producers at Hasbro prior to any meetings for the new show, just to emphasize how lucky they were. Maybe if that were the case, Lauren Faust would still be around.
You make it sound like she's dead :p

In fact, she's started using her Twitter account again, and posted something nice...

Lauren Faust said:
@goldenrusset thank YOU, Jayson!!! I can't tell you how much I miss you guys and the show. I know you'll make it AMAZING!!!

in response to

goldenrusset said:
Thank you Lauren, for being so awesome, and trusting us with something so dear to you. We won't let you down! #MLP

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Pandaman said:
i dont think any of us is so far gone to delve straight into a fursona just because we got a personal pony. >_>
Even if we don't, that's what whoever comes into this thread and sees those ponies is going to think.

Nishastra

Banned
Myke Greywolf said:
Even if we don't, that's what whoever comes into this thread and sees those ponies is going to think.
Man, screw 'em. There's no point in even thinking about such things :p

People can think whatever they want. The point is to enjoy ourselves. And ponies. And friendship. And magic.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Myke Greywolf said:
fuck 'em.

people cant be allowed to make you feel ashamed about being yourself.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Pandaman said:
fuck 'em.

people cant be allowed to make you feel ashamed about being yourself.
It's not a question of shame; As I've said earlier, I couldn't care less about that part, as long as I'm having fun. It's about the reputation that some of us might be trying to uphold. I don't want to do a pony of... I don't know, DrForester, and risk having people call him (and treat him like the Internet usually treats) a furry because he has a pony inspired in him, despite him not having anything to do with the creation of that pony character.

Nishastra

Banned
You're really thinking about this too much.

I know some people (even in this thread) are deathly afraid of furries, but that's not even really what we're talking about. This is a pony thread about ponies and everyone in it is already "marked" as a ponyperson in GAFland, especially those of us using pony avatars :p

More ponies are not bad. Infinite ponies!

Myke Greywolf said:
It's not a question of shame; As I've said earlier, I couldn't care less about that part, as long as I'm having fun. It's about the reputation that some of us might be trying to uphold. I don't want to do a pony of... I don't know, DrForester, and risk having people call him (and treat him like the Internet usually treats) a furry because he has a pony inspired in him, despite him not having anything to do with the creation of that pony character.
Then have everyone that wants a username inspired pony sign up. There's nothing for you to worry about if everyone agrees beforehand.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Myke Greywolf said:
*shrug*

I guess i always saw it as 'people who hate you calling you a furry' rather than 'people hating you because they think you're a furry'. I just don't think anyone would be convinced to mock someone for a piece of fanart unless they already had issues with the person and are just looking for an excuse to air them. People who need those excuses to say what they think typically aren't worth listening too anyway.

Myke Greywolf said:
I agree with Nishastra on this. If anything I'd show off what the personalised ponies the Great and Powerful Myke Greywolf has made for PonyGaf.
Btw how far are you along it?

As long as this thread is in Community, there probably won't be as many random people viewing the thread and casting shame glares in our direction.

Once season 2 starts and we're back in the OT, maaaaaybe it's best to tone it down just in case it invites trolling which would take away from actual enjoyable discussion.

Also anything anyone does will look incredibly tame in comparison to the beautiful Pandaman comic, so I'm all for anyone having fun while in the off-season.

tiff

Banned
The people who would give anyone shit for having a pony drawn for them are the same people who are already giving PonyGAF shit for watching a show about ponies and magic and friendship.

Edit:
Nishastra said:
I know some people (even in this thread) are deathly afraid of furries, but that's not even really what we're talking about. This is a pony thread about ponies and everyone in it is already "marked" as a ponyperson in GAFland, especially those of us using pony avatars :p
I hate when I think I make a good point and it turns out I just parroted what somebody already said.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
mazeedibeedi said:
I agree with Nishastra on this. If anything I'd show off what the personalised ponies the Great and Powerful Myke Greywolf has made for PonyGaf.
Btw how far are you along it?
I'm at work, and I'm not an art spewing prodigy like careksims. I'm going to start at it tonight.

BTW, do y'all want to be male or female ponies?

Nishastra

Banned
tiff said:
I hate when I think I make a good point and it turns out I just parroted what somebody already said.
Me too, so I've gotten better at just posting things faster and worrying less about whether or not I wrote it perfectly.

Then I go back and edit it really quickly to fix whatever I screwed up so it doesn't show as edited :p

Myke Greywolf said:
Female.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
although it might be presumptuous to say so, if i would get a pony i would like it to be male.

Did you find some creepy (by my standards) pics yet?
oh yea.
i keep a stock for emergencies.

you'd be surprised how many involve twilight.

Pandaman said:
although it might be presumptuous to say so, if i would get a pony i would like it to be male.

oh yea.
i keep a stock for emergencies.

you'd be surprised how many involve twilight.
I would've thought that Fluttershy or Rarity were more popular on a "creepy" level. But yeah keep 'em coming :p

OMG Aero

I think ponies based on user names comes very close to crossing the creepy line, but as long as it is just a picture based on a name that seems innocent enough to me. Now if people started to consider them characters and do comics or stories about them, that's when I think it enters original character do not steal territory.

On an unrelated note, here are a couple of wallpapers I found that might make great desktops:
First up is Canterlot - evening by Crappyunicorn, who also did a sunset version of the same picture earlier which you can see here. It'd be awesome if anyone here knows a program or tool that changes your desktop based on the time of day, because I think it'd be pretty cool to have this set as your wallpaper and have it automatically change the version when it gets to night or day.

Next is Pinkie at the Gala by ShelltoonTV. It's a 1080p screenshot from the end of the gala song, but since there isn't a clear 1080p version of the episode I think it's a vector trace from the 720p version. He says on his page that he is going to do the other 5 main characters so I'll post them here when he does.

NEO0MJ

Myke Greywolf said:
I'm at work, and I'm not an art spewing prodigy like careksims. I'm going to start at it tonight.

Female ponies work better in my opinion.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Myke Greywolf said:

I wouldn't really care to be honest. Not like GAF doesn't know I in the Pony Thread :)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
NEO0MJ said:
Female ponies work better in my opinion.
ponies do seem fairly open minded regarding gender anyway.
U46zm.jpg

2th

Banned
NEO0MJ said:
They seem open minded regarding sub-species, too.

vlcsnap-2011-05-09-19h37m03s124.png

vlcsnap-2021-05-09-19h36m17s218.png

Of course, that could be a different Doctor Whoof.

they use the hourglass on several different male ponies. it is just a recycled cutie mark and that makes me sad.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
2th said:
they use the hourglass on several different male ponies. it is just a recycled cutie mark and that makes me sad.

Yet we identify them with various time lords.

Blue girl unicorn we see often = Ramona (or Susan)
One at GGG = The Master (or Rassilon)
One in Manehattan in Cutie Mark Chronicles = The Rani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom