• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kulock said:
I just finished The Best Night Ever, and had to give in and make an avatar. I see Dai101 already has a very similar one though, should I change it?

I think this is also my first post in this thread. Secret brony stepping into the light, you might say.

Welcome to the herd :).

Regulus Tera said:
Man I feel like having that Celestia as an avatar, but I change avatars like every other week now.

I thought about changing too, but I figure I'll just stick with Micheal Weston until season 2 rolls around.

Hazaro said:
Go to bed Panda. Or watch Jinro.

We need to get you a pony avatar too.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hazaro said:
Go to bed Panda. Or watch Jinro.
i just woke up!

Pankaks said:
I thought about changing too, but I figure I'll just stick with Micheal Weston until season 2 rolls around.
you can have sexy celestia:
l2pjP.jpg

Oh hey guys hows it go.......
meltingparappa said:
Everypony... my hooves are shaking at how well this turned out...

It started as a tribute to pandaman, but it became a manifesto to live by...

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s329/fundogmo/pandaman-2.png

Edit: You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find that original comic. MY SEARCH PAID OFF.
o_O what just happened while I was away?
Pandaman said:
you can have sexy celestia:
celestia.jpg
*walks away slowly*

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ultimoo said:
You're about three pages late Panda. :(
wow i missed a whole page.

damnit darte got into my trollestia image stockpile!

noooooooooooooo!

Lauran's having a kid, eh? thats nice.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ultimoo said:
It's a final fantasy MMO, how bad could it actually be?

If you are really that desperate to play a FF MMO play FFXI.

All MMOs are shite anyway, but at least XI is not an incomplete piece of trash.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
tiff said:
I dunno. Personally I'd consider anything I don't have set to private on Facebook to be, uh, not private. Especially if I'm a public figure to some degree.
I would agree with this. While this may be considered by some to be snooping into people's private matters, people must understand that if something is left viewable by the public as your facebook profile photo, it no longer counts as private.
RomanticHeroX said:
I officially declare myself 100% against any type of fanfic.
But you would be for comics, I presume?

I can really understand the bad rep that fan fiction gets, because of some instances of it going too far; But the hate doesn't really stand up when objectively comparing its merits to fan art, music, video making or any other kind of tribute. It seems to me like the hate is just one of those things people keep because of it being the predominant feeling, and not for any objective reasons.

Myke Greywolf said:
I feel flattered that you see me as having had such an influence in the manifestation of your fandom, specially as I've gotten used to see myself as one of the most invisible posters in this thread, despite having one of the highest post counts. Therefore, and notwithstanding the fact that ponies might be one of the few things we have in common, your thanks mean a lot to me too. Thanks.

I need some focus for my fan efforts. Does someone have a fan art request I can pick up?
Invisibility confirmed. 200 posts and nothing.

Neki

Like I've said before, how is anything I've written anymore offensive than human ponies or weird pictures posted by Pandaman? :p

If you are really that desperate to play a FF MMO play FFXI.

All MMOs are shite anyway, but at least XI is not an incomplete piece of trash.
Maybe I'll just go back to WoW. >_> good times. Or I could go play Starcraft II, hm.

I feel flattered that you see me as having had such an influence in the manifestation of your fandom, specially as I've gotten used to see myself as one of the most invisible posters in this thread, despite having one of the highest post counts. Therefore, and notwithstanding the fact that ponies might be one of the few things we have in common, your thanks mean a lot to me too. Thanks.

I need some focus for my fan efforts. Does someone have a fan art request I can pick up?
I don't even remember you posting this, you must have posted before/after a really epic post.

Ultimoo said:
Wasn't sure you were being serious, you wouldn't want to get ridiculed. :p
I'm powered by ridicule. Case in point to follow.

jogarrr said:
Wait, wait! I love choose your own adventure's. Page 5! 5!
The Legend of the Rainbow Singularity
Pages so far: Page 1 Page 5 Page 6 Page 15, 16

Last time, Jogarrr decided to try and prank Pinkie Pie using clouds. Let's watch.

Page 5
Stealthily you soar up to the darkest cloud in the sky. It's fairly small, but it's just large enough to cast a shadow over a single pony. You dig your hooves into the top, being careful so that you can't be seen from the ground. With a slight wave of your wings you move into position above Pinkie Pie and a dark shadow surrounds her.

Pinkie notices the change in lighting almost instantly, as it's a bright day. Through a tiny peephole, you notice her peer up and see the cloud. She doesn't think much of it though.

At first.

With precise movements you follow Pinkie as she frolics aimlessly about. She starts off hopping around with carefree abandon, but every once in a while she glances up and seems to get a bit more nervous. Soon she is zigzagging erratically in an attempt to escape the darkness, but you carefully mimic her movement. She enters Quills and Sofas in an attempt to avoid you, but you catch her exiting out the back and stay on her trail.

Just when she though she had escaped, you shake the cloud causing a drop of rain to fall on Pinkie's head, and she takes off in fright. A pink streak rushes across town to Carousel Boutique, but it never leaves the shade. You do your best to stifle a giggle as Pinkie rushes in, and closes the door and blinds behind her. Time for the big reveal, you think to yourself.

You lower the cloud to the door. As Pinkie takes a peek through the blinds she is shocked to see her cumulonemesis so near. Slowly, she opens the door, creeps out and takes a close look at the cloud. In an instant you part open the cloud and yell "gotcha!"

Pinkie lets out a high pitch gasp and faints! Worried you quickly jump from the cloud to the ground, and begin to slip and slide across the grass. "Looks like I've got you!" Pinkie exclaims, bursting out with laughter as you crash into a hay bale.

"But I, and you, WHAAAAA!?" you confusedly utter.

Turn to page 6

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ultimoo said:
Like I've said before, how is anything I've written anymore offensive than human ponies or weird pictures posted by Pandaman? :p

Maybe I'll just go back to WoW. >_> good times. Or I could go play Starcraft II, hm

We could use more Bronze leaguers :p.

Neki

Pankaks said:
We could use more Bronze leaguers :p.
Hey, I'm platinum at least, 4 gate is the only way to goooooo! Oh man, I really should have stuck with Starcraft instead of...doing nothing, lol.

Zomba13

Ultimoo said:
I wanted to buy FF14 once it comes out for PS3, is it any good?
Stay away from it at all costs. My most disappointing game of last year. I was hyped for it due to my love of FFXI (seriously great game and even better now that it's much more noob friendly) and from playing the beta (in beta it was alright and I thought 'it's just a beta, it'll get better'). It didn't get better and somehow got worse. I think it's a bit better now (and still free) but it's horrible. Horrible horrible. So bad they completely switched the team working on it IIRC, or at least the main guys. Only thing good about the game is it looks beautiful (I have several great looking in-game screenshots as desktop backgrounds) and it has awesome music. And the boxart for the collectors edition is Amano art and looks awesome.

I know MLP is all about freindship and magic and forgiveness but I'll never forgive FFXIV. It's like it killed my family. It did make me go back to FFXI for a bit as a palette cleanser though.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ultimoo said:
Hey, I'm platinum at least, 4 gate is the only way to goooooo! Oh man, I really should have stuck with Starcraft instead of...doing nothing, lol.
starcraft gaf will always welcome another brony.

Neki

Pandaman said:
starcraft gaf will always welcome another brony.

I'll consider it, I don't know if I can stay hardcore in both Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Starcraft II. D:

Man, the way you guys talk about FF14 makes it sound like they ki...

I know MLP is all about freindship and magic and forgiveness but I'll never forgive FFXIV. It's like it killed my family. It did make me go back to FFXI for a bit as a palette cleanser though.

Oh, lol. sigh, I just wanted some FF in an MMO, guess I'll wait till FF14 is fixed for gooooood. WoW is the only MMO that I've actually had a lot of fun in going back and quitting multiple times though.

OMG Aero

So now that it's the first week after the end of season 1, does anyone fancy helping me decide what to do with the synchtube over the break? Right now I have three ideas:
1) Add all the episodes to a playlist with music and videos between them to break to them. I'll leave this running so at any time someone can just go in and watch whenever they want
2) Same as idea one, but someone here suggested that instead of leaving it running, we could schedule this as an event in a few weeks/months and have an 8 hour pony marathon
3) Schedule weekly streams consisting of a few fan videos and a single episode from season 1. There are 26 episodes so if we were to start this week and do it non-stop (I'm sure there will be some weeks where people are too busy but we could have a break and double up on episodes some weeks instead of it being set in stone) that would take us up to November and probably season 2's start.

Also, if we do these streams as events it would be nice to know what date and time would be best for everyone, so most people who want to watch can do so.

Personally, I like the idea of doing an episode by episode recap of season 1 as it'll help pass the time while we wait for season 2, and should keep the thread alive too (Though I'm sure it isn't going anywhere anyway). But I'm open to any and all suggestions if people have a better idea.

meltingparappa said:
Everypony... my hooves are shaking at how well this turned out...

It started as a tribute to pandaman, but it became a manifesto to live by...

why.jpg

Edit: You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find that original comic. MY SEARCH PAID OFF.
Pandaman is okay in my books now. You have now taken over his position.

OMG Aero said:
So now that it's the first week after the end of season 1, does anyone fancy helping me decide what to do with the synchtube over the break? Right now I have three ideas:
1) Add all the episodes to a playlist with music and videos between them to break to them. I'll leave this running so at any time someone can just go in and watch whenever they want
2) Same as idea one, but someone here suggested that instead of leaving it running, we could schedule this as an event in a few weeks/months and have an 8 hour pony marathon
3) Schedule weekly streams consisting of a few fan videos and a single episode from season 1. There are 26 episodes so if we were to start this week and do it non-stop (I'm sure there will be some weeks where people are too busy but we could have a break and double up on episodes some weeks instead of it being set in stone) that would take us up to November and probably season 2's start.

Also, if we do these streams as events it would be nice to know what date and time would be best for everyone, so most people who want to watch can do so.

Personally, I like the idea of doing an episode by episode recap of season 1 as it'll help pass the time while we wait for season 2, and should keep the thread alive too (Though I'm sure it isn't going anywhere anyway). But I'm open to any and all suggestions if people have a better idea.
I'd go with the "air one episode a week with some fan videos etc." idea. Thats probably the best way to ease everyone into season 2.

Myke Greywolf said:
Invisibility confirmed. 200 posts and nothing.
Hehe, not even. Your next post was quoted and responded to.

I just had an idea for something you could draw, and that would likely keep you busy for awhile if you went all out, but it could easily be seen as creepy, I think.

You could make pony versions of PonyGAF based on everyone's username. Though, some people don't have names that lend themselves to that. I think yours and mine could easily work, but I'm also sure there are some names that you couldn't really find themes for.

Master Milk said:

I just had an idea for something you could draw, and that would likely keep you busy for awhile if you went all out, but it could easily be seen as creepy, I think.

You could make pony versions of PonyGAF based on everyone's username. Though, some people don't have names that lend themselves to that. I think yours and mine could easily work, but I'm also sure there are some names that you couldn't really find themes for.
That seems tricky. I wonder what my pony would look like?

Master Milk said:

Holy shit, that would be awesome. Fuck everyone else, I'm doing this for my name.

Nishastra

Banned
mazeedibeedi said:
I'd go with the "air one episode a week with some fan videos etc." idea. Thats probably the best way to ease everyone into season 2.
I agree with this. While I like the idea of an 8 hour pony marathon, it's not like I'd be able to actually watch or even pay attention to such a thing :p

Master Milk said:
My name is the Hindi word for "Unarmed". What on earth would that be? :p

mazeedibeedi said:
That seems tricky. I wonder what my pony would look like?
Yea, name's like yours are what I was thinking about not being easy.

Mechanical Snowman said:
Holy shit, that would be awesome. Fuck everyone else, I'm doing this for my name.
Whereas yours is almost too easy.

Nishastra said:
My name is the Hindi word for "Unarmed". What on earth would that be? :p
Hmmm, maybe an Earth pony that likes to fight barehoofed.

Master Milk said:
Yea, name's like yours are what I was thinking about not being easy.
Just a heads up my username is in two parts:
mazeedi & beedi. Where Mazeedi is my sir name and beedi is just meaningless, it rhymes.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Master Milk said:
You could make pony versions of PonyGAF based on everyone's username.
half man half panda and half pony.

who gets to be al gore?

reminds me of the time infi did something similar for anime gaf

Nishastra

Banned
Master Milk said:
A cutie mark and some accessories?
So then it's a monk :p

I suppose I should note that Nishastra is a name I originally used for an illusionist character. So in that case she'd probably be something like Trixie, only more... useful? :p

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Master Milk said:

Thank you so much, I was really starting to go into Pinkamena Diane Pie mode here.

Your suggestion seems like something fun to do and a great challenge, but I can't help but think that we would be venturing well into fursona territory with it.

Not that I care in the least, as long as it's fun. But you know how things work on the Internet, don't you?

OMG Aero said:
I figure option 1 would be easier to mantain, and if someone wanders into the room by themselves, they can skip videos to watch the ones they are interested in. You could have special programming for scheduled events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom