• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark

DrForester said:
Just leave this here.
Capture.PNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlVwxSfaYhs

Holy balls, what have you done to me?!

New song to be addicted too..

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Dai101 said:
FUCK YEAH!
HELL NO!

There's good and bad fan fiction, like everything else.

If your complaints are that it takes too long to sift through the trash, then at least let someone else do it, like the ratings system at ED.

Myke, your posts are always foremost in my mind, especially after you made that super informative one early on. Sorry I didn't respond to the fan art request I just didn't have any ideas.

At the gala Pony beat is epic.

Did someone say bad fanfiction?
The Legend of the Rainbow Singularity
Pages so far: Page 1 Page 5 Page 6 Page 15, 16
Last time we were counter-pranked, let's find out how?

Page 6
"Take a look at your hooves Dashie!" wheezes Pinkie Pie between laughing fits.

You yank your left hoof out of the mess of hay and examine it, only to see your own perplexed face staring back at you! Pinkie Pie, who has finally managed to stop laughing and hop over to help you out of your heap, notices your confusion.

"It's hoof wax," she explains, "I got Fluttershy to smother that cloud in the stuff. Spread on enough and it's slip and slide city!"

"But how'd you know I'd try to prank you with that cloud?" you inquire as she pulls you out of the bale.

"I... didn't. It's a rain cloud, and there's no rain scheduled today, so I figured you'd have to move it when you cleared the sky. I have to admit you really had me going there with that shadow business! It was really weird, because usually my eyelashes flicker when someone's about to be struck by lightning, but this time-"

You find it really hard to pay attention to Pinkie, as your hooves are still sliding about. With a tremendous effort you manage to go into a standing position. You find it impossible to walk, but you find that every wave of your wings sends you sliding in the opposite direction. With a little practice and the use of your innate pegasus perfect balance, you're able to control your sliding, pulling off figure eights and jumps. It's like you're skating on the ground!

This gives you an idea for a trick! And this one won't require a dozen Narwhals.

If you decide to try your luck at Lunar Canyon, turn to page 9
If you decide to go to Vermillion Lake, turn to page 15

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Captain Fish said:
Did someone say bad fanfiction?
The Legend of The Rainbow Singularity
When you finish, are you going to put links on every post?

Couldn't you just edit some of your older posts for it? ;)

Captain Fish said:
Myke, your posts are always foremost in my mind, especially after you made that super informative one early on. Sorry I didn't respond to the fan art request I just didn't have any ideas.
I'm sorry for putting things that way, people don't need to feel forced to answer me if they haven't got anything to say. I don't know if I was being paranoid about it, I just keep the impression that people don't see me as someone worth chatting with. I haven't been at my best, lately.

So, you want to have a male or female pony? ;P

Neki

You're just thinking about it too much. At least people aren't threatening to ignore you for writing one paragraph fan fiction. :p

OMG Aero

2th said:
this just reaffirms my belief that Rainbow Dash always gets the best parts of songs, i also think i am developing some weird fascination with he voice actress.
It's my personal belief that there isn't a solo Rainbow Dash song because it would be too awesome for people to comprehend.

G-Fex

Pandaman said:
cupcakes.

Pandaman, I knew it. Apparently my mind crush didn't get all the troll behavior out of your mind.

What did you do this time to get ultimoo in trouble Panda you evil fiend.

Dai101

Banned
Myke Greywolf said:
HELL NO!

There's good and bad fan fiction, like everything else.

If your complaints are that it takes too long to sift through the trash, then at least let someone else do it, like the ratings system at ED.

HEL YEAH!

There's no good fanfiction EVER (and i'm talking about EVERYTHING not just MLP FiM fanfiction)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
G-Fex said:
Pandaman, I knew it. Apparently my mind crush didn't get all the troll behavior out of your mind.

What did you do this time to get ultimoo in trouble Panda you evil fiend.
You Foal.
Don't you realize that I am the Trolling? I can't be destroyed.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
careksims said:
Ah fan fiction...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/careksims/BellaMorning.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
hits close to home. xD

[spoiler]would kill for a derpy plushy[/spoiler]

jogarrr

Awesome! Late sleeper, we have so much in common Belle Eve.

Also, lol at the Evilore comment.

I seriously cannot comprehend how you create stuff like this so fast careksims. Awesome job.

OMG EVILORE PONY IS BEST PONY!

Myke Greywolf said:
When you finish, are you going to put links on every post?

Couldn't you just edit some of your older posts for it? ;)
Great idea! I put the links to each page on each of the old posts. I also slotted them into the "Turn to page x" thing.

I kinda stole this idea from the SomethingAwful LP subforum. They do choose your own adventure threads where different people write each page and you roll a die to see if the page is a game over or not. It seems like a fun writing exercise.

Myke Greywolf said:
I'm sorry for putting things that way, people don't need to feel forced to answer me if they haven't got anything to say. I don't know if I was being paranoid about it, I just keep the impression that people don't see me as someone worth chatting with. I haven't been at my best, lately.

Don't worry about it, it sucks when no one responds, especially when you're so prolific. Also, stuff does tend to get lost in the hugeness of the thread so a reminder that something was missed is needed sometimes.

Myke Greywolf said:
So, you want to have a male or female pony? ;P
Hmm... that's tough. I would prefer a female pony, for sure, but if you have a cooler idea for a male based one I'd say go with that. It'll be interesting to see what others picture when they see my username.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
G-Fex said:
Wrong Pandaman, Wrong.
i cant roleplay a childrens card game character as well as you, i admit.

we need to commission careksims to churn out the belle eve stuff full time. xD

G-Fex

Pandaman said:
i cant roleplay a childrens card game character as well as you, i admit.

we need to commission careksims to churn out the belle eve stuff full time. xD

Grrr you anger me so much. I'm going to go kick some rocks and listen to Linkin Park.

Pandaman you haven't seen the end of me.

jogarrr

So now that the season is over I figured I'd do a final Season 1 pony ranking:

1. Pinkie Pie
2. Scootaloo
3. Rarity
4. Twilight Sparkle
5. Spike
6. Celestia
7. Applejack
8. Apple Bloom
9. Rainbow Dash
10.Sweetie Belle
11.Fluttershy
12.Trixie
13.Every other pony
14.Gilda
15.Snails
16.Snips

??.Luna (Going to be number 1 after season 2 obviously)

Scoot has really grown on me for some reason.
lUIHxm.jpg

careksims said:
No. Please don't say that. I'm not that good. There are people here who truly deserve that title.
You are truly a talented artist. Your work is nothing short of amazing. I mean you created Belle Eve, so ,in my opinion, you fully deserve the title of best poster on this thread :)

Chuck

Still without luck
jogarrr said:

15.Snails
16.Snips

I'm pretty sure these abominations of characters will never be returning. Has someone made a comic of them being killed yet?

Nishastra

Banned
careksims said:
No. Please don't say that. I'm not that good. There are people here who truly deserve that title.
As far as pony art goes, you certainly are. Hell, once I got pointed to your DA upon the posting of Belle Eve and dug around, I realized that you did more than a few of my favorite pony pictures :p

NEO0MJ

jogarrr said:

Never did this before. Mine have to be:

1.Pinkie Pie
2.Rarity
3.Fluttershy
4.Celestia
5.Applejack
6.Rainbow Dash
7.Trixie
8.Zakura
9.CMC
10.Twilight

Waiting for Luna. As for best pets:

1.Gummy
2.Spike
3.Angel
4.Owlowiscious
5.Opalescence
6.Winona
7.Scootaloo(close as it get for Dash)

Edit: Just noticed that we have the third highest number of posts and second highest number of views in the community forums!

Pandaman said:
would kill for a derpy plushy

http://spirit-of-america.deviantart.com/#/d3egwdj

I just commissioned a Doctor Whoof/Whooves one myself. She charges $50, but hell, I WANT IT! Going to get it as a B-Day gift for my sister, and then maybe order a Derpy one for me.

Ark

I've been out of the loop for a few pages...Is everyone just posting fan fiction now?

This Friday will be depressing knowing it wont be a Ponyday :(

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
jogarrr said:

1. Pinkie Pie
2. Scootaloo
3. Rarity
4. Twilight Sparkle
5. Spike
6. Celestia
7. Applejack
8. Apple Bloom
9. Rainbow Dash
10.Sweetie Belle
11.Fluttershy
12.Trixie
13.Every other pony
14.Gilda
15.Snails
16.Snips

??.Luna (Going to be number 1 after season 2 obviously)

Scoot has really grown on me for some reason.

I think I will play your game too - after all, there's still 5 months, 29 days left before season two begins, and it would be nice to use some of that to discuss the actual contents of the show. ;)

Myke's Season 1 Pony Ranking

1. Fluttershy
Yes, she's the moe factor, but she's far from being a blob. She's moe done better than the japanese have ever done it, truly adorable and endearing, but at the same time having a strong personality. She makes us go "daaww" and then cheer for her in the next moment, but manipulates us that way in a subtle, peaceful, delicious manner.
2. Twilight Sparkle
She may be this show's vanilla ice cream, but people who say vanilla is boring fail at life, anyway. Specially if it's vanilla with raspberry and chocolate bits, because that's what Twi is: the straight girl, with a twist. She allows us to see the reality of Ponyville through her eyes, but has a will of her own that never fails to bring us along for a wild ride.
3. Pinkie Pie
One of the most brilliant zany cartoon characters of the last decade. She consistently hilarious, but "Party of One" really fleshed her character up in a way that rarely has been attempted for her kind of character.
4. Rarity
It would be so, so easy to make Rarity the "nasty girl" for this show, a vapid, annoying stereotype. Instead, she is probably the most interesting of the main cast, character-wise, and her traits make for a new and refreshing archetype. Her voice actress is absolutely brilliant.
5. Celestia
Always the one to make us believe that she knows way more than she shows, and that she holds all of Equestria (as well as its inhabitants) on the palm of her hand... but at the same time, she never gave us any reason to believe that she has anything but the well-being of the ones around her in mind. A true, awesome motherly figure for all ponies.
6. Spike
7. Trixie
8. Apple Bloom
9. Applejack
10. Zecora
11. Rainbow Dash
12. Scootaloo
13. Sweetie Belle

OMG Aero

Ark said:
I've been out of the loop for a few pages...Is everyone just posting fan fiction now?

This Friday will be depressing knowing it wont be a Ponyday :(
It may not be Pony day this Friday, but it could be classic Pony day instead.

Or Saturday or Sunday could be. Whatever is best for people.
Myke Greywolf said:

1. Fluttershy
Yes, she's the moe factor, but she's far from being a blob. She's moe done better than the japanese have ever done it, truly adorable and endearing, but at the same time having a strong personality. She makes us go "daaww" and then cheer for her in the next moment, but manipulates us that way in a subtle, peaceful, delicious manner.
2. Twilight Sparkle
She may be this show's vanilla ice cream, but people who say vanilla is boring fail at life, any way. Specially if it's vanilla with raspberry and chocolate bits, because that's what Twi is: the straight girl, with a twist. She allows us to see the reality of Ponyville through her eyes, but has a will of her own that never fails to bring us along for a wild ride.
3. Pinkie Pie
One of the most brilliant zany cartoon characters of the last decade. She consistently hilarious, but "Party of One" really fleshed her character up in a way that rarely has been attempted for her kind of character.
4. Rarity
It would be so, so easy to make Rarity the "nasty girl" for this show, a vapid, annoying stereotype. Instead, she is probably the most interesting of the main cast, character-wise, and her traits make for a new and refreshing archetype. Her voice actress is absolutely brilliant.
Your top four and reasons behind them are pretty much the same as mine, but Pinkie and Rarity are almost on the same level for me, it's hard to choose between them.

jogarrr

Myke Greywolf said:
1. Fluttershy

I actually don't have as much love for Fluttershy as most of Pony-GAF does. She really ranks down at the bottom of the mane cast for me. I just find her to be the least interesting character of the mane six. (I'm probably just long overdue for a rewatch of Dragonshy :p)

Myke Greywolf said:
5. Celestia

I agree with your thoughts of Celestia posted earlier:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27670739&postcount=12081
"She is an awesome character: benevolent and motherly, but sly as a fox."

She is very manipulative, but she does so with good intentions. She subtley guides the ponies towards the best outcome while teaching them along the way.

Myke Greywolf said:
8. Apple Bloom
9. Applejack

I was going to comment on how you posted these backwards but then I realized I agree with you.. I demand that AJ get a lot more screen time in season 2!

I want to put her at the top of my pony ranking but I can't..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom