• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

Foxix said:
This thread is so aloof and carefree now.

I'm really digging the freedom we get from being in community.

I'm pretty sure we'd get the same freedom in OT though. I guess less people care about us in here. :p

Whogie

ivedoneyourmom said:
For fun, I graduated already, but I did get a minor out of my Japanese learning.

BTW: Cool that you beat Ys Origin in Japanese without speaking it, I get frustrated when I play things I can't read. :lol
I see. Why do you want to take the tests? Do they open some opportunities?
I mostly couldn't follow the plot, and though I had to reference a guide now and then, I could tell what most items and menu items said. Really fun game, too.

KtSlime

Whogie said:
I see. Why do you want to take the tests? Do they open some opportunities?
I mostly couldn't follow the plot, and though I had to reference a guide now and then, I could tell what most items and menu items said. Really fun game, too.

Yeah, I guess they do, especially the JLPT, it should help me get real japanese jobs in Japan if I wanted. The kanken (Kanji Exam) is purely for native Japanese speakers - so I guess I am taking that one to prove my worth as a speaker/reader. I kind of when deciding to start learning the language set goals for myself so that I knew when I "made it" obviously that doesn't always reflect reality, I mean there are thousands of words for different species of fish I will probably never get around the learning, so I imagine my proficiency on a certain level will always be inadequate, but it's nice to have a few goals worth reaching for.

Jintor

Is there a more fun way to learn phrases and stuff instead of just ploughing through textbooks for seventh graders? It's really downing me out because I'm in Uni. :<

KtSlime

Jintor said:
Is there a more fun way to learn phrases and stuff instead of just ploughing through textbooks for seventh graders? It's really downing me out because I'm in Uni. :<

Do you have an SRS program? Textbooks are definitely the way to go, but if you want a really hard text book I can recommend JSL, which is the most vile Japanese textbook ever made - it's the one I learned from. What book do you have now? Genki?

Jintor

I should qualify that I'm 'teaching myself' which in practice means I'm just using my old textbooks from when I was motivated, years and years ago. I probably won't actually seriously get into it until I finish this degree.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ultimoo said:
I'm pretty sure we'd get the same freedom in OT though. I guess less people care about us in here. :p

I thought this thread woudl get locked if we executed the same freedom in OT. At least back then, anyway. =/

ZealousD said:
Oh heeeeeeeeeeeell no.

Damn right it is true!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ookami-kun said:
Damn right it is true!

I guess as a fan of this show, it would be uncharacteristic of me to rip your eyeballs out with a rusty spoon.

Oh well.

Darte

jeez making this music video is too fun D: Coming with zero movie editing skills and Sony Vegas is real intuitive to use! About 2mins and 15 seconds out of 3mins 21 seconds of the main video is done before I start on some of the background stuff that shouldn't take long.

[Its 3am and I really should be working on my research paper]
1z1gu4w.gif

Boss Doggie

mazeedibeedi said:
Thats a bit of a stretch. I dunno. Are there actually Gaffers who didn't like Tales of Symphonia 1?
Also HOORAY FOR MY 250TH POST

Yeah, can't be, due to the different fur colors.

And I thought it wasn't special. But hey, any RPG would become special in the RPG-drought console Gamecube. I don't like it, but I don't hate it... but its noisy fans make me hate it.

OMG Aero

Myke Greywolf said:
Started doing the Gaffer Ponies. Did meltingparappa's, but it still needs a few tweaks and coloring before becoming presentable. :)

Also did a sketch for Captain Fish's that came out pretty well, so I'll show it now. Yep, he's got a captain hat on his pony head. And his cutie mark is fish.

pbRSGm.jpg

(Are you even american?)
This is great and I can't wait to see the finished thing. If you are still open for requests I'd like to throw my hat in the ring, simply because I have a terrible user name and would love to see what you do with it.
Regulus Tera said:
On-topic: I was getting excited at the prospect of another pony day. But then I remembered it was Thursday. And then I remembered there are no more pony days for a while. :(
It's not the same as a new episode but if it helps pass the time, this Saturday will be a classic pony day on the synchtube. We'll be going back to where it all started with the first two episodes.
XHLcN.png

I was thinking of starting this time around 11:15pm BST (Click here for that in other time zones) because that's the time the Eurovision song contest finishes and that's pretty much the best thing ever, but if anyone would prefer it to be earlier or later just say so and we'll see what we can do.

Also if anyone has any pony related youtube videos that they think would make for good intermissions at the start of the stream and between the episodes, pm links to them to me. Newer videos and ones that we didn't watch last week are more preferable.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Tales of are the Maddens of jRPGs. Pokémons are a close contender, but they don't come out as regularly.

OMG Aero said:
It's not the same as a new episode but if it helps pass the time, this Saturday will be a classic pony day on the synchtube. We'll be going back to where it all started with the first two episodes.

Call me when you guys do the episodes that are actually good.

Neki

Regulus Tera said:
Tales of are the Maddens of jRPGs. Pokémons are a close contender, but they don't come out as regularly.

In Japan maybe, but not in North America/Europe.

Regulus Tera said:

Its gonna be really fun. Remember its funner to watch episodes with PonyGaf then it is to watch it by yourself.

Boss Doggie

Yeah I agree with Tera, while the first two eps were okay, Ticket Master imo really shows the rest of the show's capabilities.

Ultimoo said:
Anyone who loves Tales Of clearly has no taste in RPGs. clearly.

Let me fix that for you P:

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Woke up to So Many Wonders via random song alarm (oh boy). Some how when I was trying to get wake up, I came up with a title for the second season. MLPFIM |OT| straight out of the Everfree community.

There is no escape from this is there? I'm going to suffer without ponies till season two.

Darte

n8BitMan said:
There is no escape from this is there? I'm going to suffer without ponies till season two.

Kill time by doing something you'd never expect yourself to do. Its what I'm doing! (even though I should be paying more attention to my capstone project...)

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Darte said:
Kill time by doing something you'd never expect yourself to do. Its what I'm doing! (even though I should be paying more attention to my capstone project...)
I plan on doing something constructive, for that is something I like to do anyway. I just get caught in work and other important stuff to not go completely insane.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
ruby_onix said:
He suggests shrinking budgets as an industry-wide phenomenon, but it's not a sign that season 2 will have less of a budget than season 1. The whole season has a budget, and when someone makes a mistake and has to redo it, or someone decides to add a song to an episode, or whatever, it consumes money and shrinks the budget available to finish the series, and even if it all goes perfectly according to plan, the budget is still "shrinking" as you go along, leaving less wiggle-room to get out of future mistakes.
That is quite interesting. I'd like to know how does this fit, in the point of view of the production team, with them ovbviously going all out for the last episode of the season. Did they want to use all of the remaining budget, trying to show that it was tight and there aren't a lot of corners they can cut from?

McNum

Eurovision Song Contest followed by My Little Pony reruns? That's an interesting way to spend a Saturday evening. It's almost funny enough to try.

FoxSpirit

Oh, Eurovision is a troll contest. It's hilariously bad and somehow, that's why people watch. Plus the country fights are awesome to behold :p

4rt9xy.jpg

Myke Greywolf said:
That is quite interesting. I'd like to know how does this fit, in the point of view of the production team, with them ovbviously going all out for the last episode of the season. Did they want to use all of the remaining budget, trying to show that it was tight and there aren't a lot of corners they can cut from?
If you think in budget directly translating to the amount of time that can be spent on an episode, it's a credit to the team that it certainly doesn't LOOK rushed. It's hard to say what we ended up seeing versus what they may have planned though.

Perhaps Pinkie would sing some other than public domain songs, maybe her "chorus line" part in 'At the Gala' wouldn't re-use the animation from "Over a Barrel" and maybe the post effects during the Dash/Wonderbolts solo was going going to be more "Sonic Rainboom" and less "just kinda there". If you compare the character animation in that episode to "Art of the Dress" or even the pilot, you can also see a little bit of a difference.

You can play this guessing game with any episode of any show though, but if season two looks as good as that episode, it'll still be gorgeous and convey the writing perfectly.

McNum

Regulus Tera said:
Wait people actually like Eurovision?

I thought that was just Europe trolling the rest of the world.
Well... I'm not saying it's NOT Europe trolling the rest of the world. It some times is. Some times, it's Europe trolling Europe, though, which is a much more fun show to watch. Even though it's five years ago, you still have to give Finland credit for sending Lordi. Now that is masterful trolling, the hat is a nice touch. Of course they won, how could they not?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
McNum said:
Well... I'm not saying it's NOT Europe trolling the rest of the world. It some times is. Some times, it's Europe trolling Europe, though, which is a much more fun show to watch. Even though it's five years ago, you still have to give Finland credit for sending Lordi. Now that is masterful trolling, the hat is a nice touch. Of course they won, how could they not?
My only regret this year is that Portugal trolled a little too hard in the semi-finals and did not qualify for the finals, where the "Men of Struggle" would once again get the chance to expose hundreds of millions of people bad 70's portuguese revolution-age communist protest "music".

Not that we would win or anything!

OMVgM.png

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Captain Fish said:
That's actually a J-Car-P-G.

*pause for groans*
If GT5 is a J-Car-P-G, then FF13 is a J-Train-P-G.
*crickets chirping*

CHEEZMO™ said:
Gaffer ponies?!?!
Do you want yours male or female?

Foxix said:
This thread is so aloof and carefree now.

I'm really digging the freedom we get from being in community.
I know, right? I'm just afraid that we're going to scare away newcomers, if they, by a stroke of incredible luck, happen upon this thread and enter it by curiosity.

... Who am I trying to fool, we've soared past that border about 3 weeks ago.

Boss Doggie

Hmm the lack of MLP makes me grateful that at least there are other toons to sway my starvation. Regular Show should keep me up and Looney Tunes show too.

Regulus Tera said:
It doesn't surprise me that the people with animu avatars are the ones advocating for Scamco's franchise.

Hahahah exactly!

Ookami-kun said:
Hmm the lack of MLP makes me grateful that at least there are other toons to sway my starvation. Regular Show should keep me up and Looney Tunes show too.

Hahahah exactly!
YES. Something we can agree on.
The Looney Tunes show is alright, nothing too special.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
meltingparappa said:
If you think in budget directly translating to the amount of time that can be spent on an episode, it's a credit to the team that it certainly doesn't LOOK rushed.
Well... maybe just a little bit. :)

DaJHu.png

Boss Doggie

mazeedibeedi said:
YES. Something we can agree on.
The Looney Tunes show is alright, nothing too special.

It's a good enough show to "feed" my hunger for lack of MLP at least.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
lol, Equestria Daily found my video -> Instant +1000 Visits :D

Now, which songs did I forget so far?

Lets check - if anyone has (or is able to create) the following Songs as A cappella versions

- My Little Pony FIM Theme Song (possibly with the Chorus part at the beginning?)
- Pinkie's Grand Galloping Gala song
- Twilight is my bestest friend
- Evil Enchantress
- Hop, Skip & Jump :D
- Hush now, Quiet now
- CMC Theme Song of absolute awesomeness
- Pony Pokey

I'll be happy to try to mix them, too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom