• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
n8BitMan said:
I made an avatar earlier, but I'm going to stick with ol' Gummy eyes so if anyone wants it...
0nzmJ.png

It is Celestia's and Luna's cutie mark, but only one is visible at a time as the other blends with the alternate color of the board. Was thinking about alternate things I could do like this, so if you have an idea and would like one I could make it.
You are a genius. This has to be the "new" animated avatar, right?

NEO0MJ

n8BitMan said:
I made an avatar earlier, but I'm going to stick with ol' Gummy eyes so if anyone wants it...
0nzmJ.png

It is Celestia's and Luna's cutie mark, but only one is visible at a time as the other blends with the alternate color of the board. Was thinking about alternate things I could do like this, so if you have an idea and would like one I could make it.

Pretty cool, but the sun doesn't disappear in either color. At least for me.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jogarrr said:
I was able to get it to work by first removing the shortcut on the taskbar, changing the icon for the start menu shortcut, then re-pinning that shortcut to the taskbar. (assuming I'm reading the problem you are having correctly)
http://i.i.imgur.com/uc6E1.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
this is whats happening:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4P2NS.jpg

oddly winamp works with the itunes icon, but its the only one i dont have pinned to taskbar

n8

Unconfirmed Member
mazeedibeedi said:
You are a genius. This has to be the "new" animated avatar, right?
Eh, more like the rotating avatars.

Yeah, the quote box introduces a 3rd color, but it's only shown in quotes. Avatar quoting posts aren't as easy as they once were, as one has to actually download the image and upload it now. The odds of breaking the illusion is low.
Edit: Also cool avy Bufbaf. I was worried if I tried to do something like that, it would look too choppy, but it looks fine :)

Pony icons are cool, but I use chrome :)

KtSlime

Pandaman said:
you'd need a pretty ridiculous screen resolution for 256x256 to be 'small' for an icon.

*shrug* .icns are 512x512 and in Lion they will be changed to 1024x1024.

Anyway, the pony icons are great, I like how people are trying to match the nature of the app to that of the pony.

OMG Aero

I was looking at those icons trying to think of what could make a good Recycle Bin, then I thought of having the moon with and without Nightmare Moon in it so I made these:
RXIZf.jpg

If anyone wants to use them I uploaded them here.

And since I spent the time making a vector of that, I thought I'd give this new avatar transparency thing a go with it (Seriously, n8BitMan, great idea). If I did it right, it should look just like a moon on the light background but Nightmare Moon should appear on the dark background.
6AqFp.png

jogarrr

OMG Aero said:
Awesome moon avatar

Wow! I love this new dual color avatar trend that's starting, and it just keeps getting better.

Now I want someone to repost the moon on a light colored post :p

mazeedibeedi said:
Looking back at the BEST HYPE THREAD ON GAF, I noticed that BruceLeeRoy used 39 posts for the OP.
If we're gonna make our season 2 OT epic, then is it possible to use this many posts for the OP before publishing the thread on Gaf?

lol. I had never seen that before.

KtSlime

Pandaman said:
thats ridiculous, why would you want an icon that takes up half your screen. -.-
even on a 2560x1600 screen, 256x256 is a big icon.
http://i.imgur.com/jCme1.png

Mac users are sad, we sometimes like to watch videos in the Finder. :lol
I imagine it is because of quick look previews.

38ZEX.png

I'm on a macbook, but if I was on an iMac I would definitely use icons larger than my normal setting of 152x152.

mazeedibeedi said:
Looking back at the BEST HYPE THREAD ON GAF, I noticed that BruceLeeRoy used 39 posts for the OP.
If we're gonna make our season 2 OT epic, then is it possible to use this many posts for the OP before publishing the thread on Gaf?
I think you'd need to have it all written out in advance if you wanted to make a grand entrance, and then just paste it in as you go, along with reserving all the posts beforehand.

So, write up the thread, make the thread, reserve all the posts, and then edit, if it's going to be something really big, like more than five posts.

Neki

ZealousD said:
1.) Sure, but OF COURSE somebody with a Tales avatar is going to defend Tales. If you want to make the point that Tales has anime design, then make it. But don't throw Ad Hominems around. If that's the game you want to play, then I'd immediately win by calling you a furry.

2.) That's not the point. You and Tera have pretty much have no business making snap judgments about people that like anime because YOU watch a show called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Tera has a magical flying unicorn as an avatar and you have anthropomorphic eagle in yours. In a competition between who has the most ridiculous avatar, you two would win in a landslide compared to anybody with an anime avatar.

you are my hero

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OMG Aero said:
I was looking at those icons trying to think of what could make a good Recycle Bin, then I thought of having the moon with and without Nightmare Moon in it so I made these:
RXIZf.jpg

If anyone wants to use them I uploaded them here.

So you think Luna is trash....

Acerac

Banned
ivedoneyourmom said:
Earth Pony, what else can I say?

Oh, anyone notice the NBA Offseason thread in OT? Yeah... Maybe they should come visit us in Community.
No! Community has been given to us. No others from the OT can intrude and take away from our glorious rule.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Ark said:
If someone here makes a Rainbowdash Chrome icon, I will love and tolerate you for all eternity.
meltingparappa may got you covered, but I thought of pushing it further...

Chrome. Sonic Rainboom fast.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Why would you post that?

Creepers are soulless bastards who exist only to ruin my houses :(.

1 response appropriate mlp gif
1 post asking for the source
6 negative responses to source question
2 answers to source question
3 comments on the mlp hate
1 mod threatening to ban anything pony related not posted in this thread

if people could die from sadness . . .

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Master Milk said:
1 response appropriate mlp gif
1 post asking for the source