• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Popstar said:
I don't know if anyone else saw EviLore's original posts in this thread before he edited them but I did. He is not neutral on the matter of ponies. Just keep it out of other threads.

He's 'indulge in your own vices but keep them out of my face', which is for my money the correct position on this whole matter. I guess the deal is that posting macros for MLP is pushing it into people's faces, while other macros aren't, but that's hardly something GAF mods have any control over. So whatever.

BACK TO PONIES.

Dai101

Banned
meltingparappa said:
Here ya go
flutterheart.png

Edit: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, surely if I had been quicker you wouldn't have changed your mind!

That's so fucking DAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

I just read that post and i have to say that the gaming side is a whiny bunch, manchildren galore, dam, i've never readed a commentary so bittered in all the time i've lurked the internet before. They really need their fix for some vidya gaemz!!!

Don't worry, PonyGAF is strong and can endure that and much more, 'cause we have the friendship, magic and shit too.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
call me crazy, but calling for people to keep their ideas and likes out of your face seems to run contrary to the purpose of frequenting a public forum.

Jintor

It's the difference between having a thread that says "Drugs OT" and going into every thread and saying "Man, I love drugs, don't you"

What I'm saying is the threshhold for Pony tolerance is way lower than practically anything else

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Jintor said:
He's 'indulge in your own vices but keep them out of my face', which is for my money the correct position on this whole matter. I guess the deal is that posting macros for MLP is pushing it into people's faces, while other macros aren't, but that's hardly something GAF mods have any control over. So whatever.

The problem I have with this is that ponies are not necessarily worse than other macros. Nobody is posting explicit material, it's just colourful cartoons that, yes, are intended for girls. But that's not breaking any rule. If you are gonna ban a certain type of macro you might as well ban all macros.

However, GAF is not a democracy. I value my GAF account more than I value my freedom of speech.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
well, we all signed away our freedom of speech as it pertains to gaf when we clicked 'i agree'.

I cant complain as i did agree to the terms of membership to this forum, but i certainly can feel disappointed.

Nobody should let the psn thread bum them out.

People generally enter that thread frustrated and ready to pounce on anything, and the response is probably about a civil reaction as you'd expect from a wide group of people who may or may not call themselves fans of animation, western animation, flash animation or western flash animation that challenges post-puberty gender roles (a list arranged in order of increasing rarity).

Also yes, maybe Amir0x is aware of the irony of his comment, but it could be a rare double or triple troll, tempting people to derail the thread further to cull a few more preemptive bannings before the shitstorm of e3.

The key is to keep dignified about it and not feel persecuted in any way (it's just ponies, afterall) and be aware of hitting a bee hive while sporting a pony avatar will draw a few extra bees out to remind you that stirring anything up at this time of year probably isn't worth it, anyway.

If you feel indignant from people with a sports avatar typing "ponies wat gay lol", it's better to swallow that outrage and just picture old Belle Eve eating some apple chips next to her filthy trash can and realize nothing on a forum is worth getting outraged over. Practice pony zen, not pony warfare. Friendship is magic, but so is having thick skin. Better to save your energy for the inevitable second round of mutual eye-rolling for the season 2 OT.

Also I think it's time I finally gets me a pony avatar.

Jintor

Well, feel some vague sense of pleasure that the immature pony-loving manchildren are the ones busy discussing acceptable social conduct while the righteous forces of gaming sit back and fire back-slapping macro after macro at one another.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Ultimoo said:
I wanted to post it in the thread, but I'd rather to live to fight another day then get banned today. :p
I seriously considered telling Y2Kev to shut the fuck up and that he disgusts me.

Ramma2

Wow, reading the PSN thread has me feeling alienated for the first time ever here on Gaf. Harsh words from those in charge.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Jintor said:
Well, feel some vague sense of pleasure that the immature pony-loving manchildren are the ones busy discussing acceptable social conduct while the righteous forces of gaming sit back and fire back-slapping macro after macro at one another.
that and negator's post made me laugh.

That thread has the mods on edge, and anything at all that threatens to restart the chaos will be frowned upon. It could be Sonic, tipping, abortion, peeing in the shower, what have you.

CHEEZMO™ said:
This is glorious.
Agreed. That's basically how I looked when I read what happened.

I had a sneaking suspicion that this thread was being moved to community because either the mods were sick of seeing it or sick of reading the PMs asking them to wipe the thread from the forum. Or both. I mean, how many OT threads get moved here? Y2Kev almost confirms my thoughts by straight out calling it "disgusting pony shit" and with the other mods chiming in, it's almost a sure thing. They were probably against it from the start and the momentum it gained didn't help things.

Ah well. So much for tolerance. Duckroll's been great though and I wouldn't be surprised if he was part of the reason that this thread still exists at all.

It's a weird thing because I honestly feel the powers that be on this forum do a very good job around here. I've never really had a conflict of interest with any of them on any topic until it came to this. I guess I'm just shocked at how harsh the reaction was. And after seeing the reactions of other members and other mods, I now know why similar threads were completely destroyed on other forums.

Now that I've said my peace, I will say no more and move on. It's time for bed anyway.

Is Aero setting up a synchtube tomorrow for the first ponyless friday?

Neki

Regulus Tera said:
http://i.imgur.com/IbHx0.jpg
This picture actually borked my mind for about thirty seconds.

This is worse than furries.

oh god, my head, I thought I was imagining but it's reaaaaal.

Jintor said:
On that note, does anybody know why Spindashing got banned? He was a pretty viewtiful dude.

psn threads pretty sure, that's a pretty safe bet for most people that were banned recently.

Jintor

Regulus Tera said:

I actually find it far better. It's a much larger challenge artistically to turn animals into other animals while retaining their distinctive visual traits, than it is to turn animals into anthros.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
CHEEZMO™ said:
I seriously considered telling Y2Kev to shut the fuck up and that he disgusts me.
my philosophy has always been that if someone is truly worthless, they aren't worth the effort taken to inform them of that fact and If you think a harsh attitude would shock a person into change, than you're in the wrong for attacking someone you would otherwise respect as being open to rational discourse.
In both cases there's no need for insults.

:)

we like you hear cheezmo, dont hurt your friends by leaving us.

tiff

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
That thread has the mods on edge, and anything at all that threatens to restart the chaos will be frowned upon. It could be Sonic, tipping, abortion, peeing in the shower, what have you.
I'd hate to be a mod. Having to take video game discussions super seriously would suck.

CHEEZMO™ said:
You dont say, lol.

I went on the GAF FB group though. Spindashing asked who everyones best/woorst mods were. I let my opinion be known.
Ignoring today, I can't really think of any mods who've done a bad job. There may be one or two I don't like as posters, but as mods they're pretty fair imo.

Jintor said:
On that note, does anybody know why Spindashing got banned? He was a pretty viewtiful dude.
It seems like everyone's getting banned these days.

Regulus Tera said:
http://i.imgur.com/IbHx0.jpg

I'm not sure which is the worst, Twilight Dash, Rarity Pie, or Flutterjack.

I'm thinking Twilight Dash. RD's colors need to stay on her and her alone.

I'm fine with the other three though, you might even be able to say I like them.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Regulus Tera said:
The problem I have with this is that ponies are not necessarily worse than other macros. Nobody is posting explicit material, it's just colourful cartoons that, yes, are intended for girls. But that's not breaking any rule. If you are gonna ban a certain type of macro you might as well ban all macros.

Normally that would make sense. But, you have to understand that gaming side takes things very seriously.

Someone posting a random internet meme will probably not derail a thread. But for some reason, people lose their shit when they see ponies and start trolling left and right thus derailing the thread completely. If I were in the position of a moderator, it would much easier to just say "Hey guys keep the pony pics in the pony thread" as opposed to just mass banning everyone that doesn't like them.

So regardless of how a mods feels toward ponys, they have a job to keep threads on topic and pony pictures don't help.

meltingparappa said:
Nobody should let the psn thread bum them out.

People generally enter that thread frustrated and ready to pounce on anything, and the response is probably about a civil reaction as you'd expect from a wide group of people who may or may not call themselves fans of animation, western animation, flash animation or western flash animation that challenges post-puberty gender roles (a list arranged in order of increasing rarity).

Also yes, maybe Amir0x is aware of the irony of his comment, but it could be a rare double or triple troll, tempting people to derail the thread further to cull a few more preemptive bannings before the shitstorm of e3.

The key is to keep dignified about it and not feel persecuted in any way (it's just ponies, afterall) and be aware of hitting a bee hive while sporting a pony avatar will draw a few extra bees out to remind you that stirring anything up at this time of year probably isn't worth it, anyway.

If you feel indignant from people with a sports avatar typing "ponies wat gay lol", it's better to swallow that outrage and just picture old Belle Eve eating some apple chips next to her filthy trash can and realize nothing on a forum is worth getting outraged over. Practice pony zen, not pony warfare. Friendship is magic, but so is having thick skin. Better to save your energy for the inevitable second round of mutual eye-rolling for the season 2 OT.

Also I think it's time I finally gets me a pony avatar.

I feel this is the best advice to follow. People are pissed at Sony and they will take their frustration out on you.

CHEEZMO™ said:

Glad you didn't go through with it, it's not worth it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait, what happened while I was asleep.

ZealousD said:
1.) Sure, but OF COURSE somebody with a Tales avatar is going to defend Tales. If you want to make the point that Tales has anime design, then make it. But don't throw Ad Hominems around. If that's the game you want to play, then I'd immediately win by calling you a furry.

2.) That's not the point. You and Tera have pretty much have no business making snap judgments about people that like anime because YOU watch a show called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Tera has a magical flying unicorn as an avatar and you have anthropomorphic eagle in yours. In a competition between who has the most ridiculous avatar, you two would win in a landslide compared to anybody with an anime avatar.

Hahahah oh wow. Take a chill pill!

And yeah, calling someone with sense a "furry" will just make you look worse. That and ponies making more sense than an animu.

Neki

Pankaks said:
Normally that would make sense. But, you have to understand that gaming side takes things very seriously.

Someone posting a random internet meme will probably not derail a thread. But for some reason, people lose their shit when they see ponies and start trolling left and right thus derailing the thread completely. If I were in the position of a moderator, it would much easier to just say "Hey guys keep the pony pics in the pony thread" as opposed to just mass banning everyone that doesn't them.

So regardless of how a mods feels toward ponys, they have a job to keep threads on topic and pony pictures don't help.

I feel this is the best advice to follow. People are pissed at Sony and they will take their frustration out on you.

Glad you didn't go through with it, it's not worth it.

I'd rather see the mass bannings, would be so much more interesting. If you can't control your rage towards animated ponies on an online forum, then I'm not sure what to say. I'm sure I will get banned eventually for posting a pony macro in a non-pony thread and it will be a glorious day if it happens. :p

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hey Ookami-kun and Tales of fans, shall we call a truce? We really should not fight amongst our circle. We only have each other, after all.

sQR9v.jpg

Neki

hey, I wasn't the one who started insulting the Tales Of franchise out of some demented sense of loyalty to bad RPGs though.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ultimoo said:
hey, I wasn't the one who started insulting the Tales Of franchise out of some demented sense of loyalty to bad RPGs though.

c'mon dude i'm trying to be all tolerant and that shit

don't make this even harder

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Regulus Tera said:
IbHx0.jpg

Someone post the picture of the ponies chart with them all in each of the other color schemes.

Seriously, I can't find it.

tiff

Banned
Pankaks said:
Someone posting a random internet meme will probably not derail a thread. But for some reason, people lose their shit when they see ponies and start trolling left and right thus derailing the thread completely. If I were in the position of a moderator, it would much easier to just say "Hey guys keep the pony pics in the pony thread" as opposed to just mass banning everyone that doesn't like them.

It's certainly the easier approach, it just bugs me how it enables the immature whiners who can't handle someone liking something they think is beneath them.

CHEEZMO™ said:
lol that's spindashing? He looks exactly like I would have imagined him to.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
tiff said:
It's certainly the easier approach, it just bugs me how it enables the immature whiners who can't handle someone liking something they think is beneath them.

That's the internet for you man:

Nerds trying to make themselves feel superior to other nerds. It's best not let it get to you.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ramma2 said:

They really all look good with any color scheme, except for RD's scheme, which looks terrible on anyone else (except maybe AJ). And Twilight model really don't work with anyone elses scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom