• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Regulus Tera said:
Hey Ookami-kun and Tales of fans, shall we call a truce? We really should not fight amongst our circle. We only have each other, after all.

Fine by me :D

I wonder if that mod got many pm's.

Ramma2 said:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YwbrerpfsoY/TZpZNnuBeRI/AAAAAAAADEo/5WjV8qb5JdE/s1600/my_little_pony__lazy_repaints_by_blueshift2k5-d3d8bu9.png
So basically, I don't like Pinkie's, Applejacks's, or RD's color scheme. The others' look fine on everyone, but the those three don't work for anyone but them.

Neki

Master Milk said:
So basically, I don't like Pinkie's, Applejacks's, or RD's color scheme. The others' look fine on everyone, but the those three don't work for anyone but them.
I just think the pictures of Fluttershy and Rarity are unflattering, makes the colour schemes on them look terrible.

tiff

Banned
CHEEZMO™ said:
Yeah, spindashing is that Stanley dude. He's a cool guy.

Try to spot me!
Don't take this the wrong way, but personally, that's something I'd feel really dumb about posting once I've calmed down.

Pankaks said:
That's the internet for you man:

Nerds trying to make themselves feel superior to other nerds. It's best not let it get to you.
I try not to, but it's definitely the biggest reason I don't spend much time outside of Pony and AnimeGAF.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Whipped something out to default when anti-Ponyism extends far into GAF:

eKZ0t.gif

Whogie said:
I can't put a finger on what Rainbow Dash is supposed to be in that pic.
http://www.seeklogo.com/images/H/Half_Life-logo-C7F167B0DD-seeklogo.com.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
[URL="http://bamboodog.deviantart.com/art/My-Little-Sleepy-Heads-208370294"]The artist says it's a Fan shape.[/URL]

[QUOTE=Jintor]Maybe this will make PonyGAF feel better.

[B]My Little Dogs[/B]
[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/122/792/S87iV.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That's the person who draws the nicely colored but very stiff posed human ponies, right? I think I prefer this a lot more, although the poses are still a bit angular.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
tiff said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but personally, that's something I'd feel really dumb about posting once I've calmed down.
Meh. We'll see if anything comes of it. He might not even know the group exists for all I know.

Boss Doggie

Just going to say that GAF doesn't necessarily have good tastes. They think MMPR is the only good Power Rangers and that they think Digimon 1-3 are the only good seasons.

Ultimoo said:
I just think the pictures of Fluttershy and Rarity are unflattering, makes the colour schemes on them look terrible.
No, my problem is with the three schemes I mentioned. I've never liked Pinkie Pie's. That pink on pink is just horrible. I've gotten used to it on her, but seeing it on the others just brings back that initial disgust. Applejack's orange and yellow are kind of the same, just not as bad. RD's is actually fine on her. In fact, I might be fine with it on some of the others after awhile, but my initial reaction is still that it needs to stay confined to Rainbow Dash and Rainbow Dash alone.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ookami-kun said:
Just going to say that GAF doesn't necessarily have good tastes. They think MMPR is the only good Power Rangers and that they think Digimon 1-3 are the only good seasons.
well, digimon 3 certainly was the best season.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ookami-kun said:

be tolerant and friendly

be tolerant and friendly

tiff

Banned
CHEEZMO™ said:
Meh. We'll see if anything comes of it. He might not even know the group exists for all I know.
I meant less for the potential consequences and more because it comes off as extremely hostile and buttmad. Something you look at when you've had some time to sleep it off and say "wow, I really freaked out about that."

Maybe that's just me though.

Calpain

Hello there PonyGAF! I've been a long time lurker of NeoGAF, but it was your thread that actually got me to register as a member. Personally I think you all have one of the best MLP threads on the net. A lot of the content and commentary in this thread as been very entertaining.

I'm sorry to see the reaction ponies have received outside this thread, but it's something we can't control. In the end it is best not to let it get to you; it is just the internet after all.

I'll try and contribute when I can, but you guys are usually quicker on the draw for new content than I am. Maybe I'll have more to say when the new season airs later this year.

Ramma2

Calpain said:
Hello there PonyGAF! I've been a long time lurker of NeoGAF, but it was your thread that actually got me to register as a member. Personally I think you all have one of the best MLP threads on the net. A lot of the content and commentary in this thread as been very entertaining.

I'm sorry to see the reaction ponies have received outside this thread, but it's something we can't control. In the end it is best not to let it get to you; it is just the internet after all.

I'll try and contribute when I can, but you guys are usually quicker on the draw for new content than I am. Maybe I'll have more to say when the new season airs later this year.

Evening redeemed.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Calpain said:

The MLP thread was the tipping point for you to apply? THAT'S AWESOME!

Welcome!

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
tiff said:
I meant less for the potential consequences and more because it comes off as extremely hostile and buttmad. Something you look at when you've had some time to sleep it off and say "wow, I really freaked out about that."

Maybe that's just me though.
Well it wasn't just the ponies specifically, but his general attitude. Not one that should be held by a mod, who then goes around threatening bans for something so inconsequential.

I know Gaf isn't a democracy, but a there has to be a line.

And as I said earlier; reading that page was the first time I've ever felt physically uncomfortable reading something posted on this forum. And the other day I was arguing with a guy talking about genocide of Arabs and how he planned a new Holocaust.

I don't know why, but something on that page really got to me. Maybe it's just because of what this show and community has done for me (something I've talked about in this thread before).

I dunno.

Edit: Welcome new Brony!

Boss Doggie

Pandaman said:
well, digimon 3 certainly was the best season.

A fine thought ( I thought 1 was better as well as the current season, Xros Wars). What irks me is they think 2 is good. Even Digimon fans know how awful it tried to derail the franchise, especially the first show.

Regulus Tera said:
be tolerant and friendly

be tolerant and friendly

I know, I'm just saying that pony hate isn't really that surprising.

Ookami-kun said:
I know, I'm just saying that pony hate isn't really that surprising.
Hahahahahaha, for some reason, I don't think his message got across to you properly.

But, I've been going crazy all day long, so don't mind me.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Calpain said:

Man you got approved right quick. Must be a sign from the Mods on high that somewhere, somehow, the MLP-GAF community is loved.

Boss Doggie

Master Milk said:
Hahahahahaha, for some reason, I don't think his message got across to you properly.

But, I've been going crazy all day long, so don't mind me.

Nah I got it. I'm tolerant about GAF despite their weirdness and/or poor taste. Like a pony said - tolerate them and they tolerate back... sorta.

Dai101

Banned
Calpain said:

vMQkw.jpg

Post like this makes me happy to beign in GAF. I forgive everyone i badmouthed in my last post ;___;

Plasmid

CHEEZMO™ said:
And as I said earlier; reading that page was the first time I've ever felt physically uncomfortable reading something posted on this forum.

And the other day I was arguing with a guy talking about genocide of Arabs and how he planned a new Holocaust.

You seriously need to figure out your priorities in life man. If someone dissing your favorite cartoon is making you feel uncomfortable physically and talking to a guy about genocide of a race doesn't touch you at all you have some fucked up ideals.

I honestly thought you guys got blown off the site, neat to see you in community though.

I'd guess the reasoning behind so much pony hate is because in the beginning a majority of pony-gaf started trying to stick it in every thread and down every posters throat, and when GAF got tired of it and you claimed personal prejudices against it the only real thing was to either delete it or move it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
ahoyhoy said:
Man you got approved right quick. Must be a sign from the Mods on high that somewhere, somehow, the MLP-GAF community is loved.

Ducky is our own benevolent guardian unicorn/pegasus in the sky.

Somebody should make a Princess Duckroll picture!

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Plasmid said:
You seriously need to figure out your priorities in life man. If someone dissing your favorite cartoon is making you feel uncomfortable physically and talking to a guy about genocide of a race doesn't touch you at all you have some fucked up ideals.

I honestly thought you guys got blown off the site, neat to see you in community though.
1: It's not because he was just "dissing" it.

2: Its not just "my favourite cartoon".

I personally get a lot of shit for the things I like. I've even had one person go so far as to call me 'evil'.

The general pony-hate is enough, but something about that page just unsettled me.

KtSlime

Plasmid said:

I'd guess the reasoning behind so much pony hate is because in the beginning a majority of pony-gaf started trying to stick it in every thread and down every posters throat, and when GAF got tired of it and you claimed personal prejudices against it the only real thing was to either delete it or move it.

That's a bit of revisionist history...

Is it worth my time to translate that PSN message or should I go back to watching Caprica... Decisions decisions.

Whogie said:
I can't put a finger on what Rainbow Dash is supposed to be in that pic.
Half_Life-logo-C7F167B0DD-seeklogo.com.gif

http://www.lambda.org/symbols.htm

lambda.org said:
One symbol which continues to remain popular is the lower case Greek letter lambda. The symbol was originally chosen by the Gay Activists Alliance of New York in 1970. The GAA was a group which broke away from the larger Gay Liberation Front at the end of 1969, only six months after it's foundation in response to the Stonewall Riots. While the GLF wanted to work side by side with the black and women's liberation movements to gain unity and acceptance, the GAA wanted to focus their efforts more concisely on only Gay and Lesbian issues.

Because of its official adoption by the GAA, which sponsored public events for the gay community, the lambda soon became a quick way for the members of the gay community to identify each other. The reasoning was that the lambda would easily be mistaken for a college fraternity symbol and ignored by the majority of the population. Eventually though, the GAA headquarters was torched by an arsonist, destroying not only the building but all of the organization's records, and the movement never recovered from the loss. The symbol, however, lived on.

Negator

ivedoneyourmom said:

Is it worth my time to translate that PSN message or should I go back to watching Caprica... Decisions decisions.

Probably not. If you don't, someone will eventually.

Calpain

ahoyhoy said:

I was surprised at how fast the approval was as well considering how long approval limbo can last. I technically was approved last Saturday, so the day after the finale. Not exactly the best timing to join in on the excitement for the end of season one. I did love watching you all sport variants of the Belle Eve avatar however!

Anyhow, thanks for the kind welcome everyone! I've always found the community that has sprung up around this show to be incredibly friendly which is very refreshing from what I usually see on the internet.

Plasmid

CHEEZMO™ said:
1: It's not because he was just "dissing" it.

2: Its not just "my favourite cartoon".

I personally get a lot of shit for the things I like. I've even had one person go so far as to call me 'evil'.

The general pony-hate is enough, but something about that page just unsettled me.

I'm not calling you evil, and i guess saying you need to get new priorities is a dick thing to say, it just kinda shocked me. I dunno what something you're referring to but it's probably the praise y2kev got.

ivedoneyourmom said:

Revisionist history? What's the "brony" version of it?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Plasmid said:
I'm not calling you evil, and i guess saying you need to get new priorities is a dick thing to say, it just kinda shocked me. I dunno what something you're referring to but it's probably the praise y2kev got.
Didn't say you were, man. I was just saying that I'm used to taking flak over things I like from people that don't.

We cool.

Edit: I think part of the reason it got to me was because I could feel the seething hatred and anger in his post. Over a fucking cartoon. It caught me a little of guard and genuinely shocked me.

tiff

Banned
Plasmid said:
It didn't make me personally uncomfortable or anything, but there's a difference between dissing a cartoon and being hostile and nasty about it. It's something I'd expect from a Something Awful mod, not a NeoGAF one.
Plasmid said:
Actually it stems from the fact that it's a group of grown men/women watching a show that has been traditionally targeted towards little girls, which makes them manchildren/girly men. That's it. That's all it takes.

KtSlime

Plasmid said:

Well the events you are talking about didn't really occur. PonyGAF did not in fact go around to all the other threads and start shoving image macros down their throats. If you want to argue that is what happend on /b/ then fair game, but it did not happen HERE. There have been a number of threads started by not us that have brought up stuff some of our members have done here, and there have been people that don't like us that have occasionally posted images intended for inciting hate in other threads, and there have been a few apt image macros posted that are really no different than any other image macro.

BTW: To those curious, the Japanese PSN message does say that they will be reopening the service on a region by region basis, starting with Japan first.

Plasmid

tiff said:
Actually it stems from the fact that it's a group of grown men/women watching a show that has been traditionally targeted towards little girls, which makes them manchildren/girly men. That's it. That's all it takes.

Ehh, in a way i agree with you on that, but i also did see a LOT of pony macro influx in threads that just derailed good threads.

I can also see Y2Kev wanting Gaming side to be just that, gaming, with content that won't immediately derail a thread, there are plenty of gif responses, avatar quoting etc, but when it becomes a bit flashy it starts to take away from discussion.

Plasmid

ivedoneyourmom said:
Well the events you are talking about didn't really occur. PonyGAF did not in fact go around to all the other threads and start shoving image macros down their throats. If you want to argue that is what happend on /b/ then fair game, but it did not happen HERE. There have been a number of threads started by not us that have brought up stuff some of our members have done here, and there have been people that don't like us that have occasionally posted images intended for inciting hate in other threads, and there have been a few apt image macros posted that are really no different than any other image macro.

BTW: To those curious, the Japanese PSN message does say that they will be reopening the service on a region by region basis, starting with Japan first.

I'm not talking about /b/, because i really don't care for /b/ at all, i did notice those on the moments of lurking i did have. I dunno, i mean, you don't really notice gifs that get posted over and over, but you'll notice something that stands out, such as pink horses.

ya feel me?

Nishastra

Banned
Plasmid said:
The majority of us have always kept to ourselves, the people who attacked us for no discernable reason were largely banned, and we were moved to Community because there's no more episodes for a few months and we are in fact something of a community which is self-sustaining where the threads for other shows die off when they're not on air.

Until Y2Kev announced that he'd ban us on sight, we weren't some barely-tolerated leper colony. Indeed, if anything EviLore defended us during the whole animated avatar debacle.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Plasmid said:
I'm not talking about /b/, because i really don't care for /b/ at all, i did notice those on the moments of lurking i did have. I dunno, i mean, you don't really notice gifs that get posted over and over, but you'll notice something that stands out, such as pink horses.

ya feel me?

Really though the only thing people complained about was pony avatars, even calling out for banning them. Nobody, surprisingly enough, was whining about people posting pony macros or pony reaction images. It was specifically the avatars.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Plasmid said:

ya feel me?

I totally agree with this being one of the primary issues. Pony .gifs really stand out amongst the majority of .gifs used on this site (especially in OT which is dominated by sports .gifs, though a lot of those are hilarious). It's just really easy to beat up on the Ponies, like bullies would find it easy to gang up on the kid that wore the pink sweatshirt in Middle School.

Plasmid

Nishastra said:
The majority of us have always kept to ourselves, the people who attacked us for no discernable reason were largely banned, and we were moved to Community because there's no more episodes for a few months and we are in fact something of a community which is self-sustaining where the threads for other shows die off when they're not on air.

Until Y2Kev announced that he'd ban us on sight, we weren't some barely-tolerated leper colony. Indeed, if anything EviLore defended us during the whole animated avatar debacle.

I'm not trying to discredit you, but it honestly seems that you were barely-tolerated, and i can somewhat understand Evilore but at the same time, the :lol smilies were removed due to overuse and the fact that they took away from discussion, .gif avatars were never really a problem until there was about a post in each thread containing pony gif attacking you guys.

I'm not accusing you of getting rid of avatars or anything, but can you understand where i'm coming from?

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Calpain said:
I was surprised at how fast the approval was as well considering how long approval limbo can last. I technically was approved last Saturday, so the day after the finale. Not exactly the best timing to join in on the excitement for the end of season one. I did love watching you all sport variants of the Belle Eve avatar however!

Anyhow, thanks for the kind welcome everyone! I've always found the community that has sprung up around this show to be incredibly friendly which is very refreshing from what I usually see on the internet.
Might be due to E3 around the bend. Wonder if pony-gaf wrangled in other bronies considering our size and stance.
Any who, welcome and enjoy.

And about the PSN thread, it's just a bunch of hot water. Just like how My little Ponies Friendship is Magic might just have been a right idea at the right time, the placement of the .gif was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Plasmid said:
I'm not trying to discredit you, but it honestly seems that you were barely-tolerated, and i can somewhat understand Evilore but at the same time, the :lol smilies were removed due to overuse and the fact that they took away from discussion, .gif avatars were never really a problem until there was about a post in each thread containing pony gif attacking you guys.

I'm not accusing you of getting rid of avatars or anything, but can you understand where i'm coming from?
The problem isn't the avatars it's people that need to mature the fuck up. It's not like the damn avatars are NSFW or offensive. It's just people being immature about shit. It's the same shit as someone hating on someone cause they like anime, or what ever the hell floats their boat. As long as it's not harmful to them or others who gives a shit and shut your damn mouth about it.

"If you don't got anything good to say, don't say anything at all" For example.

Calpain said:

It's things like this that make you forget all the hate.
Secret mod plant account to throw us all off!

It's nice to see another new brony (to the topic anyway), welcome!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Plasmid said:

Some people don't like animu. That doesn't mean people should attack people with animu avatars.

Some people don't like Selena Gomez. That doesn't mean people should attack people with Selena Gomez avatars.

Some people don't like ponies. And that's fine. Different strokes for different folks.

Nishastra

Banned
Plasmid said:
I'm not trying to discredit you, but it honestly seems that you were barely-tolerated
Some people hate us. I'm not saying they tolerate us. Every now and then we get someone popping in here to announce how disgusted they are that we exist. Someone tried to start a fundraiser to get us all banned.

I'm saying that the moderation put a stop to such things, and attacked the actual problem people trying to stir shit up rather than kicking us out for doing our own thing.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
"Hate" is a strong word. I suggest that PonyGAF gets rid of this "they are persecuting us" mentality, whether it is true or not. It does not do our cause any favours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom