• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ultimoo said:
nostalgia glasses can do wonderful things. and to be fair, MLP is much more widespread than Sailor Moon, when was the last time you saw a Sailor Moon macro/avatar?

True. We did have a SM thread just a few months ago devoid of trolls though.

Neki

so bored now, already finished all episodes of Gundam SEED/Destiny and now I have to look for someone else to do. hmmmm.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Darte said:
[yes i've been reading, tolerance people! Move on!]

If anyone can help, I'm looking for a vector image of twilight, full body with a clear background. Only one I found sifting through deviant art and google images is

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/130/9/6/twilight_vector_by_10mariobrosmaster-d3g1ep9.png[/ig]

But the eyes are a little off on this one, so I challenge pony gaf to find a better vector image for me please!

Edit: There is another one
[img]http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/150/i/2011/078/4/9/twilight_annoyed_by_ryoki_fureaokibi-d3bzj5h.png[/ig]

But i'd prefer something where she doesn't look annoyed/angry or is a filly.[/QUOTE]

Something like these?

[url]http://i.imgur.com/ynzB1.png[/url]
[url]http://i.imgur.com/Mkc7x.png[/url]

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Master Milk said:
How does it go . . . America > Japan > America?

From Disney, to anime, to anime imitation, if Japan was going to take MLP and do it, I imagine it'd look something like that picture, with humans instead of ponies, those giant eyes, and probably none of the quality. I could see it happening anyway.

I actually think Bratz isn't trying to emulate anime style at all.

Ultimoo said:
so bored now, already finished all episodes of Gundam SEED/Destiny and now I have to look for someone else to do. hmmmm.

watch You Are Umasou now!

Oh and here here - Beast Wars >>>>>>>>>> GEE WUN

Neki

Ookami-kun said:

watch You Are Umasou now!

Oh and here here - Beast Wars >>>>>>>>>> GEE WUN

I just read the plot synopsis initially and the movie sounds ridiculous. maybe I should just go watch Endlezz Waltz, I guess I'm in a robot killing machine mood.

Boss Doggie

Well, I was being fair - the artstyle did remind me of Bratz. Weird proportions, especially making the head look big? Exaggerated facial expressions? Outlandish hair?

Ookami-kun said:
Looking at some actual Bratz, you may be right. But then, Lauren's human ponies definitely still seem anime influenced and wouldn't be out of place in a Japanese made cartoon.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
RomanticHeroX said:
Rainbow Dash should never not be wearing a headband.
Wait wait, is that a black belt?

I think that outfit easily makes her look 20% cooler. The headband does cause me to imagine a human Dash in some 80's flashdance outift, though.

trejo

I gotta say, that thread made me want to like this show a bit more. Some of those responses were really uncalled for.

Why must I always like rooting for the underdog?

Regulus Tera said:
Animu of 2010/11.

Madoka wishes it were half as awesome.
Oh you.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Amibguous Cad said:
A little too much pink for me.

Yes, I know how ironic that sounds

There's plenty of yellow too!

trejo said:
I gotta say, that thread made me want to like this show a bit more. Some of those responses were really uncalled for.

Why must I always like rooting for the underdog?

Watch the episode called Swarm of the Century and come back with impressions.

trejo said:

7th would agree with me!

Actually forget about 7th; he would self-sabotage our cause by derailing the thread even more.

Negator

Holy crap, I've been looking for a video to showcase how awesome season 1 is, but it's like they don't exist on youtube anymore! What the hell!

Jintor

Regulus Tera said:
fyi ninj4junpei just posted a pony gif in the Squeenix thread and nobody batted an eyelid to that. So I guess really it's only certain circles of gaf that are against the ponies.

Maybe Squeenix-age immunity to moé~ helps with ponies.

That's probably just a better indication that the Sony threads are arnarchic hellholes of madness the mods are keeping both eyes on at all times

Boss Doggie

Regulus Tera said:
7th would agree with me!

Actually forget about 7th; he would self-sabotage our cause by derailing the thread even more.

I thought Madoka wasn't special too.

OMG Aero

Wow, I wake up and there are three new pages? Shit went down.
Time for a catch up post.
Confused101 said:
Is Aero setting up a synchtube tomorrow for the first ponyless friday?
Yes, but this time it's on Saturday instead of Friday. Tomorrow at 11:15pm BST we're going to be watching the first two episodes again on the synchtube. If enough people want to watch the old episodes again I'll do the rest later, but I still don't know whether future streams will be every week and whether to do 2 or 3 episodes a stream.
ahoyhoy said:
Whipped something out to default when anti-Ponyism extends far into GAF:

eKZ0t.gif
This is the best.
Calpain said:
Hello there PonyGAF! I've been a long time lurker of NeoGAF, but it was your thread that actually got me to register as a member. Personally I think you all have one of the best MLP threads on the net. A lot of the content and commentary in this thread as been very entertaining.

I'm sorry to see the reaction ponies have received outside this thread, but it's something we can't control. In the end it is best not to let it get to you; it is just the internet after all.

I'll try and contribute when I can, but you guys are usually quicker on the draw for new content than I am. Maybe I'll have more to say when the new season airs later this year.
Welcome to the thread! It's nice to see someone actually signed up because of this thread, someone should hook you up with an avatar.
Pankaks said:
Sorry I don't the rest of the gala dresses. I would be tempted to search ponychan if I wasn't so afraid of the numerous NSFW postings that occur there.
Here's a little tip for people that want to find pony pics without stumbling upon questionable stuff, have a look on Bronibooru. It's essentially ponibooru with less images, but it's run by the SA ponygoons and subject to their rules so you will never see nsfw or creepy stuff on there.

And lastly here is another gala wallpaper, this time it's Rainbow Dash.

KtSlime

Ookami-kun said:
I thought Madoka wasn't special too.

Madoka was only special in that it was done by SHAFT which likes to do high contrast scenes: quick-slow, cute-gore, bright-dark, animated-still, drawn-photo, etc. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but once again I'm at a point in my anime viewing career where I've seen it all.

Was just catching up on the thread. Saw the PSN thead, rather disheartening, but meh whatever.

@Master Milk, your avatar is incredibly adorable and full of dawwwww. Do you have a link to the full-sized art?

Negator

I have Steam Applejack and Firepony as my new steam and firefox icons, yay!

I would kill for every icon on my desktop to be ponified, but I'll live with what I have.

Foxix Von

Just saw that psn thread. WHoaaaaa.

At the very least if someone ever asks for an exact moment when gaf started to go downhill I'll have a point of reference. Sort of a sign of the times. Really disgusting to see that attitude coming from a mod, disregarding the subject matter of ponies that's really not how something like that should be handled at all, like, ever.

Also it seems like every single poster that I recognize is now banned, the heck is up wit dat? I'm guessing it's just the mods trying to clear things up before E3 but I don't recall it being so noticeable in years past.

it's like all the posting happens when I'm out doing stuff or playing PSO rather than looking at the MLP thread. Dang it!

I'm also sorry for apparently screwing over everyone's animated avatar privileges, woops!

Negator

Foxix said:
Just saw that psn thread. WHoaaaaa.

At the very least if someone ever asks for an exact moment when gaf started to go downhill I'll have a point of reference. Sort of a sign of the times. Really disgusting to see that attitude coming from a mod, disregarding the subject matter of ponies that's really not how something like that should be handled at all, like, ever.

Oh, they're not so bad.
VRYDJ.gif

Foxix Von

RomanticHeroX said:
Out of curiosity, did the older shows replace one with pony (as in everypony), or did that start with FiM?

That's actually a really cool question and I too am now curious.

However I'm not willing to throw myself into the line of fire to find out. I'll let some braver brony handle watching those... things.

Neki

RomanticHeroX said:
Out of curiosity, did the older shows replace one with pony (as in everypony), or did that start with FiM?
Only one way for you to find out.

but seriously, I don't think (
hope
) that any of you watched the old MLP. ;)

Foxix Von

RomanticHeroX said:
Yeah, I'm only willing to go so far to satisfy my curiosity. Only far enough to make a post on a message board, in this case.

I'd only be willing to watch it with friends or something. Like a 10 second clip max in a pony synchtube or something lol, at least that way I'd be guaranteed a palette cleaner almost immediately.

I wonder if Alex Anderson is gonna ever decide to stop by in here. I was talking to him in PSO and he actually said he was sort of curious about the show. He actually seemed to know something about pre-gen 4 ponies. Oh, and a belated welcome to Calpain. I'm glad you managed to keep track of us even all the way out here in community. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom