• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calpain said:
I would really appreciate it! If I remember correctly, the thread had a bank of avatars people could use?
Yea, check the first post.

If you've got an idea in mind for a custom one, I'm sure someone would make it for you though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ahoyhoy said:
Abandon the thread, nuke the site from orbit just to be sure.

Don't make the same mistake Rock Band GAF did. At one point, there were three separate threads, all of which were full of spam and off-topic discussion. Around E3 last year was when EvilLore decided to bring down the banhammer and make new rules.
There's a big difference between ponygaf and rock band gaf. Rock Band people were rude to newcommers, and turned the thred into a general thread for them to talk about anything.

Ponygaf is nice to people (mods even comment on this), and we stay on topic.

Nishastra said:
Every time is pony time!

Are we gonna do the Synchtube thing whenever? :p
I'm up for this whenever, has Aero nailed a date or anything?

Most of the last Sync was just people being hilarious in the comment box, so it will definitely be as fun, even if we've all seen the episode before.

ahoyhoy said:
Don't make the same mistake Rock Band GAF did. At one point, there were three separate threads, all of which were full of spam and off-topic discussion. Around E3 last year was when EvilLore decided to bring down the banhammer and make new rules.
This should probably be super spammed the month leading up to season 2. Moving back to OT will be the culmination of months of pro and anti pony withdrawl, and there's no reason to make things more awkward than they need to be.

The standards of conversation are probably a little looser here in community, but when the OT hits it's probably best to keep discussion firmly on-topic and centered around the episodes themselves, at least for a little while until GAF as a whole gets acclimated again.

There are brief flashes of cooler heads prevailing in the PSN thread, but OT ponygaf may always be one temperamental mood away from being locked. Don't feed trolls, don't develop martyr complexes, don't spread macros in other threads, don't be surprised when dudebros react in a dudebro manner, DO love and tolerate and try to be welcoming and un-clique-like to anyone who wanders in.

TL;DR:
Here is unofficial rarity fanart (if you are extremely tired and squint your eyes)
tumblr_ll4omhuk7O1qhyhwto1_500.jpg

Ark

meltingparappa said:
Like this? (I can tweak it however you'd like)

I know this is like 3 pages ago, but can you use the new Chrome logo? :) Although thinking about it, Spitfire suits the Chrome colours more..Hmmmmm.

I'd use an MLP wallpaper if I didn't love my current wallpaper so much already.

McNum

DrForester said:
There's a big difference between ponygaf and rock band gaf. Rock Band people were rude to newcommers, and turned the thred into a general thread for them to talk about anything.

Ponygaf is nice to people (mods even comment on this), and we stay on topic.
Didn't we get away with the Belle Eve avatar thing because it was both limited in time and we were all good sports about it? I mean, a coordinated similar avatar change like that could probably be seen as disruptive if you wanted to, but I don't think anyone got trouble from that.

PonyGAF is kind of weird, really. In a good way, mind you, but it just seems so blatantly sincere and friendly. I don't know, maybe I'm imagining things, but if one were to pick a watering hole topic to visit just to chill and talk about a "non-threating" topic, I'd pick this one in a heartbeat. Ponies are fun to talk about, plus there's usually some decent art here every day or so.

The pony hate in other topics still amuses me greatly, though. Not in an instigating fashion, I keep my ponies in this topic (apart from the avatar, of course), but in a "I know I shouldn't look at that burning car wreck, yet I am fascinated" kind of way. I don't get it, which makes it all the more interesting.

Ark said:
I know this is like 3 pages ago, but can you use the new Chrome logo? :) Although thinking about it, Spitfire suits the Chrome colours more..Hmmmmm.
I can do this in two seconds after I get home late this evening. If you find a spitfire you'd like to replace Dash with, send me link and I'll stick it in there, no problem!

Calpain

Nishastra said:
Yaaaay. One of my favorite ones :p
Heh, and Twilight is my favorite so it works out great for the both of us.:)

meltingparappa said:
The standards of conversation are probably a little looser here in community, but when the OT hits it's probably best to keep discussion firmly on-topic and centered around the episodes themselves, at least for a little while until GAF as a whole gets acclimated again.
I agree, best to act on our best behavior and not give people any reasons to lock the new OT. Things will probably be a little turbulent at first when it is posted, but hopefully we'll be able to relax a bit after a few weeks.

McNum

Pandaman said:
we've already moved on to planning posting strategies in the new OT...
these will be a long 30 weeks.
Oh, we'll be fine. Nothing to worry about.

crazypinkie.gif

Yup, nothing to *twitch* worry about.
(Yeah, I don't have that macro on hand, someone fill in for me?)

McNum

Master Milk said:
Yea, we'll be fine.
Thanks!

Where do you guys keep those gifs to post like that? Most places I know has a rather strict bandwidth, and a 2MB gif like Pinkie there would eat that up fast. Got a free Photobucket account myself, good enough for static images, but I'm not sure I'd throw a ton of animated stuff on there.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
McNum said:
Thanks!

Where do you guys keep those gifs to post like that? Most places I know has a rather strict bandwidth, and a 2MB gif like Pinkie there would eat that up fast. Got a free Photobucket account myself, good enough for static images, but I'm not sure I'd throw a ton of animated stuff on there.
http://www.abload.de/
i assume it has a limit, but i havent found it yet. i've uploaded 10+mb gifs there.

Dai101

Banned
McNum said:
Thanks!

I use abload.de for my >2MB gif's

Nishastra

Banned
I use imgur. It doesn't have any kind of bandwidth limit, just if you upload more than 225 images you can't see the old ones any more.

Imgur limits animated GIFs to 2mb, but I wouldn't be posting something bigger than that anyway :p

yFSdG.jpg

Back when I had rotating avatars and everyone using my avatars was using them directly from my account, my bandwidth in GB was outpacing the filesize in MB :p

Calpain

RomanticHeroX said:
There's something overwhelmingly adorable about happy Twilight. I'm kinda disappointed there weren't more Twilight-centric episodes, she has the best VA of the series. Maybe a tie with Rarity.
Her 'Yes! Yes! Yes!' had to be one of her best scenes. So cute! Thinking back on the season she could have used some more episodes centered on her (but then again I am obviously biased a bit). She did get besides the pilots, Ticket Master, Winter Wrap Up, and some decent screen time in Owl's Well that Ends Well as well as the second half of Bird in the Hoof so I'm not really disappointed.

The pony that could really use some screen time is Applejack though which is something I hope they remedy in the second season. I really think she can be an interesting character, but she hasn't had as much of an opportunity to grow like the others have.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Confound these pony-people! They drive me to drink!

Can't wait for the return of Season 2 so that they will be gone again!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Choppasmith said:
b8Qxt.jpg

Doctor Whoof's Timely Goodness (If you try only one of these, make it THIS one)

1 Frozen Banana
3/4 Cup Milk
1 Cup Chocolate Ice Cream (Pref Chocolate Frozen Yogurt)
1/2 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
2-3 Ice Cubes

Oooookay, here we go!

wxnmgm.jpg

Some thoughts:
- I really should have bought some better ice cream.
- The peanut butter gives it an unique taste, I like it.
- I never mentioned, but I prefer fruit milkshakes. ;)

But I liked it a lot, and I'm looking forward to try another.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
wooo next song will be awesome, it's "Hush now, quiet now", and it will be not what you're expecting :) I'm sitting here with a large smile on my face. And now

I go!

jogarrr

mazeedibeedi said:
I agree. I can't think of anything except for "Don't Stop Belle Eve'ing" and that is downright terrible :p

Of all the suggestions this one is my favorite. "|OT| Don't Stop Belle Eve'ing"

Followed by "|OT| back from the everfree community."

jogarrr said:
Of all the suggestions this one is my favorite. "|OT| Don't Stop Belle Eve'ing"

Followed by "|OT| back from the everfree community."
Thanks. I thought the other one i suggested was better: "My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Season 2 |OT| Community Edition"
But, whichever one PonyGaf wants to use is fine by me.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
ThreeSix said:
The sale wars become so great that Applejack does something to sabotage the other pony, causing the other pony to not be able to sell apples and make a living.
Applejack would never resort to this. The best you could hope for would be for someone (like Apple Bloom) to do it behind AJ's back, but in such a manner than, when discovered, all evidence pointed to Applejack having done it.

Ramma2

How about Trixie is back in Ponyville looking for revenge, and puts a magic spell on all of Apple Acres that turns the apples an unappealing color or smell. Once the mane 6 take her to task with love and tolerance, she is found to have been too over confident with her magic and is unable to reverse the spell.

The cast then turn to their local crazy lady Zecora who leads them on a mildly treacherous quest to find an apple antidote. They succeed and the antidote is passed along to the Weather team to mix in with a batch of rain clouds and they save the apple crop before harvest time.

Friendship report: Trixie's a bitch.

Myke Greywolf said:
Applejack would never resort to this. The best you could hope for would be for someone (like Apple Bloom) to do it behind AJ's back, but in such a manner than, when discovered, all evidence pointed to Applejack having done it.
Or the viewer is falsely lead into believing that AppleBloom did it when it was really........GUMMY.
DUN DUN DUUUUUN

Myke Greywolf said:

Dunno. In The Best Night Ever, she kicked some apples to the ground, causing another pony to trip and fall. When she helped him up, she used the opportunity to try to sell him apples.

mazeedibeedi said:
Or the viewer is falsely lead into believing that AppleBloom did it when it was really........GUMMY.
DUN DUN DUUUUUN
What a twist!

Ramma2 said:
How about Trixie is back in Ponyville looking for revenge
The cast then turn to their local crazy lady Zecora
That sounds like a pretty good two-parter. I like it.

Myke Greywolf said:
This makes more sense, Apple Bloom would be all naive and just trying to help out like a kid who doesn't consider the consequences.

But overall that story line has MLP written all over it, I like.

Ramma2 said:
Friendship report: Trixie's a bitch.
I approve.

Applejack wasn't above tricks once Rainbow started in the Running of the Leaves. I could see her getting caught up in the competition and going too far, then feeling bad about it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Nobody liked my Spike art. :(

Myke Greywolf said:
No prob. I think it was your avatar, man. I see your posts with Celestia staring at me like that, and I just feel uptight, and unable to decide if you're speaking seriously or not. It really gives you an aura of authority (in this thread, at least).

Trollestia power!

Myke Greywolf said:
Inked:
- meltingparappa

(I really need to get some better marker pens)

Pencilled:
- Captain Fish

Concept rough sketches:
- OMG Aero
- Ookami-kun
- Pandaman
- Foxix
- Master Milk

I am sorry for being such a slowpoke.

I still have no idea of what I'm going to do for you. Any hints? :/

Subordinate, I am disappoint.

Jintor said:
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/133/9/b/curse_of_the_time_ponies_by_blue_fox-d3g7xt7.jpg

I love time ponies

Why is Eccleston a donkey? Because of the ears?

That's, um, racist?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Myke Greywolf said:
"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 2 |OT| We will love and tolerate the shit out of you!"

I vote for this one. It works as a warning for trolls and every other title contains awful punies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom