• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxix Von

Not really sure where else to say this but... Fuck yeah.

Today I successfully asked a girl out.

While wearing a my little pony shirt.

Fuck yeah, thank you Chuck I owe you one.

Chuck

Still without luck
Foxix said:

KYODt.gif

zm4Zk.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Foxix said:

*Brohoof*

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Foxix said:

Sir, you have more balls than the rest of OT combined.

I would suggest you make a thread bragging about it, but you would get banned.

Foxix Von

Regulus Tera said:
Sir, you have more balls than the rest of OT combined.

I would suggest you make a thread bragging about it, but you would get banned.

;D

There might be an incoming girl/dating age thread, I might be needing advice on handling a particular situation haha. If that happens I'll manage to squeeze that detail in there.

On the flip side that's the kind of stuff that gets people tags so I'm not so sure it's a good idea haha.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Foxix said:
;D

There might be an incoming girl/dating age thread, I might be needing advice on handling a particular situation haha. If that happens I'll manage to squeeze that detail in there.

On the flip side that's the kind of stuff that gets people tags so I'm not so sure it's a good idea haha.

Foxix
Do you want to
see my little pony?
(Today, 02:30 AM)
Reply | Quote

Jintor

Man, I just checked on the PSN thread, and it's somehow turned into people just posting hilarious shops of Sony execs and hot girls.

Foxix said:

*BroHoof*
That tag is hilarious

OMG Aero

ShelltoonTV posted the last of gala song wallpapers yesterday:

And in case anyone missed my previous posts and wants a complete set, here are the rest: Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash
Also here's a quick reminder that the synchtube will be showing episodes 1 and 2 in approximately 12 hours 15 minutes, here's the link to the time zone converter as usual.
Captain Fish said:
Ahahaha this is awesome.
Foxix said:

Nice job Foxix, you did what most of GAF can't do and with one hell of a handicap.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ultimoo said:
I think you're just jealous of the MGS thread, jealous.

The point of an OP is that information about the game should be easily accessible with maybe some fancy graphics here and there to entertain the viewer, not to write a freaking thesis while you pimp out your graphics design degree. There's a lot of superfluous shite in that OP. Do we really need a whole post for wallpapers?

But I digress.

Darte

oof just 30 more seconds of video left before final check and release. Had a scare today as Sony vegas stopped working and had to shut down. Lost about 5 mins of work D;

Neki

Nocturnowl said:
It's also very awesome, I envy you if this is your first run through.
it is, stuck on final day of case 3, this damn woman has a sound testimony. >_>

edit: got her, my cross-examination was steak proof.

smurfx

get some go again
i hope the VA's for MLP get work in animes. they are pretty damn good compared to some of the shitty voice acting animes usually have.

Ark

OMG Aero said:
ShelltoonTV posted the last of gala song wallpapers yesterday:

And in case anyone missed my previous posts and wants a complete set, here are the rest: Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash
Also here's a quick reminder that the synchtube will be showing episodes 1 and 2 in approximately 12 hours 15 minutes, here's the link to the time zone converter as usual.

Ahahaha this is awesome.

Nice job Foxix, you did what most of GAF can't do and with one hell of a handicap.

I'll be there!

Regulus Tera said:
Do we really need a whole post for wallpapers?
We should do what we did this time, someone posts a wallpaper or avatar mega post once the thread gets rolling, then the individual post is linked to in the OP.

I agree we shouldn't overkill the OP, but that said, I'm planning to make a pretty large banner.

Edit - I'll make the Sync as well, looking forward to it.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
smurfx said:
i hope the VA's for MLP get work in animes. they are pretty damn good compared to some of the shitty voice acting animes usually have.
Many times, the problem with anime dubs is not having the animation created around the voice actor performances, as is usually done with western cartoons. When you have to fit the lines from the script into lip movements that many times don't match, all the while making sure that every single of your speech nuances precisely match the attitude of the pre-animated characters, something is bound to end up sounding wrong, no matter how good a voice actor you are.

Neki

finished case 4 for phoenix wright, lol, for the last half of it was I just thinking "what a twist" at every new discovery.

McNum

I love the very last evidence in case 4 of Phoenix Wright. It makes Phoenix look crazy prepared to Batman levels, when he really wasn't. Who in their right mind brings a
metal detector
with them to court, much less use it to win the trial? Phoenix Wright, that's who!

Are you playing the 4 or 5 trial version of Phoenix Wright? If it's the 5 trial version, be careful in the final case, it's possible to end up saving AFTER you make a mistake that will cause you to lose the trial. Just keep saving to when you're selecting statements during cross examination, but do not save after presenting any evidence until you're back in cross examination mode. Also if you think that case 4 is twisty, well... you should try the other Phoenix Wright games. The last cases in the other two are pretty awesome, too.

For the synchtube tonight, I'll see if I remember to show up. The pilot episodes are pretty fun.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Here's the first of a series, hopefully:

D5Hjk.png

I'm really trying to stick as much as possible to the show style, and I'd really like some constructive criticism, if people could be bothered. :)

Myke Greywolf said:
Here's the first of a series, hopefully:

D5Hjk.png

I'm really trying to stick as much as possible to the show style, and I'd really like some constructive criticism, if people could be bothered. :)
Great job on the pony. I can't wait to see mine :D

Ultimoo said:
finished case 4 for phoenix wright, lol, for the last half of it was I just thinking "what a twist" at every new discovery.
Phoenix wright games are amazing. Are you playing it on the DS or Wii
or Iphone lol
? Is this the first one?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
CC:
-his snout seems a tad tapered compared to most male MLPony characters, but thats more of a design choice than a visual flaw.
-the cutie mark seems 'off', maybe a tad perspective-wise. also its slightly small and the black border clashes somewhat imo.

NEO0MJ

Myke Greywolf said:

Pretty good. But I think that his outline looks rough. It's not as smooth as the show.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
NEO0MJ said:
Pretty good. But I think that his outline looks rough. It's not as smooth as the show.
this too.

if you have access to illustrator, i think it has a tool that will scan an image and draw paths along lines, so you could still use sketches, but then use the pentool for your lines on the final image.

or if you have a tablet, just use pentools period.

McNum

Myke Greywolf said:
You're using concave curves on soft parts of the pony. The show doesn't do that. Only use convex curves on soft tissue like pony fur and skin. Look at the pony's snout, it curves inwards, it really should have a very gentle outward curve.

It's a basic animation trick, once you start noticing it (like the blue/orange contrast) you'll see it everywhere. Only use concave lines when you want something to look sharp, artificial or otherworldly, never on creatures. Unless you're making an eXtrme artstyle. Like Loonatics. Which My Little Pony most definitely isn't. Even the unicorn horns curve outwards, even if they're supposed to be hard. It's really only beaks and claws you can do concave curves on, since they're supposed to be sharp.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
OMG Aero said:
If you were an awesome person who watched the last episode stream last week that was the first thing we watched, and if you tune in tonight I have two more of Bufbaf's songs cued up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfJR6sAo0CU

Be sure to post the stream link in time, I'll try not to miss it :)

edit: Oh, and I'm watching Kaiji Season 1 right now. Never heard of it before, got intrigued by the talk about it somewhere on NeoGAF and it's fucking awesome, once you get over the drawing style. After Madoka, I made sure I listen to your recommendations, GAF!

Foxix Von

Myke Greywolf said:
Inked:
- meltingparappa

(I really need to get some better marker pens)

Pencilled:
- Captain Fish

Concept rough sketches:
- OMG Aero
- Ookami-kun
- Pandaman
- Foxix
- Master Milk

I am sorry for being such a slowpoke.

I still have no idea of what I'm going to do for you. Any hints? :/

:O You're doing one of me! Squeeeee!

Ty! Just a heads up since you're going off of usernames alone basically, mines a little weird in that you can read it as Foxix or Fox IX(9).

:p but I figured I'd give ya a heads up for... I dunno in case you were having a hard time of coming up with something. Both are acceptable, but only one is a hermit!
terrible tarot pun is terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom