• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiff

Banned
meltingparappa said:
Not sure if serious...
http://archive.no-ip.org/images/co/thumb/0230/75/1296473804206s.jpg[IMG]

It's a smudgy pencil sketch from the actual preproduction bible by the creator. Would you be happier if one of the animators dug around in their basement until they found a blank acetate cel and got someone in a different department to paint it with acryllic?

It's subjective to the buyer of course, but that physical sketch is a million times more personal and important to the conception of the show than a finished drawing (be it a cel, oil painting, or ep01_sc04_v05_ToMyBiggestFan_LoveLaurenFaust.swf).

Were you both being serious?

I can't tell!

Why won't the rocks and turnips talk back to me!?![/QUOTE]
Oh, it's actually from preproduction? I wasn't paying much attention. I just saw a sketch.

OMG Aero

tiff said:
Oh, it's actually from preproduction? I wasn't paying much attention. I just saw a sketch.
All of the sketches for the auction were drawn before the show got green-lit I think (One of them was of Pinkie as a pegasus like she was originally meant to be) apart from one drawing of Derpy which was drawn for the fans.

tiff said:
I think the only auction that wasn't a preproduction sketch was Derpy because she was basically created by the fans.

And yes, Faust did originally have Pinkie Pie as a Pegasus.

Edit: Beaten like a dead... something.

Foxix Von

Pandaman said:
mmm, and have one 'special page' to spice things up. will the next page be an informative article or a giant picture of hardcore shipping? nobody knows! its like Russian roulette, but with ponies!

If it's an e-newsletter or something just have the site randomly redirect the reader's browser to a random page on midnight equestia. Or just have like one out of six links redirect to it.

For the love of god don't google that.

McNum

Foxix said:
If it's an e-newsletter or something just have the site randomly redirect the reader's browser to a random page on midnight equestia. Or just have like one out of six links redirect to it.

For the love of god don't google that.
There's a part of me that's curious. Luckily, I've been using the internet long enough to learn NOT to give in to that. I have a pretty good idea what it could be, though, but I don't need to get it confirmed.

Foxix Von

Choppasmith said:
And Eurobeat Brony has released an early, unfinished version of a new song. It's completely original, but has lyrics, and it's pretty awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjIuHCYi1qI

HOLY SHIT I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO BE FINISHED.

Seriously. OMG I can't stop listening to this.

EDIT: *looks up* Yeah I wouldn't recommend anyone actually search for it, well other than maybe Cheezmo since he has balls of steel and Pandaman over there since.... well he's Pandaman.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Foxix said:
HOLY SHIT I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO BE FINISHED.

Seriously. OMG I can't stop listening to this.

EDIT: *looks up* Yeah I wouldn't recommend anyone actually search for it, well other than maybe Cheezmo since he has balls of steel and Pandaman over there since.... well he's Pandaman.
Osmium.
Get it right, man.

And that song is indeed godly.

Foxix Von

CHEEZMO™ said:
Osmium.
Get it right, man.

And that song is indeed godly.

Sorry, it's difficult for me to identify metals based solely on the type of clanging sound they make. *takes note for future reference*

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Myke Greywolf said:
This is the better I could do:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ux5bow6bna9ibf

The chorus and the instruments are recorded on the same tracks (left and right), but during the ending song, the center track has only the instruments, without the chorus. I amplified and inverted that track to cancel out the instruments from the left/right tracks, but even so I couldn't silence them completely. However, if you cut only the chorus phrases, the instruments should be almost imperceptible during those moments.

Maybe Audacity just hasn't got the right filters for this. :(

Also, wow at Calpain being the winner of the Twilight sketch auction.
Perfect, thank you once again :D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Foxix said:
lol at the invisible fluttershy ones.

Calpain

RomanticHeroX said:
I think the sketch is great, and made that much better by doing so much to help a worthy cause. Calpain, any chance you could scan the thank you note that came with it?

Sure thing. Work was unfortunately short today due to a screw up in lab and my lab partner being unavailable today for some dissections I wanted to do so I'll see if I can get it up on Imgur in an hour or so for those who are interested.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Myke Greywolf said:
In my humble opinion, the monetary value of a piece of art can't be determined solely by the effort put by the artist, but also by its context within society and (most importantly) by its significance and impact to the observer/buyer.

This is something an objectivist might find strange, but it really works this way.

meltingparappa said:
Not sure if serious...
1296473804206s.jpg

It's a smudgy pencil sketch from the actual preproduction bible by the creator. Would you be happier if one of the animators dug around in their basement until they found a blank acetate cel and got someone in a different department to paint it with acryllic?

It's subjective to the buyer of course, but that physical sketch is a million times more personal and important to the conception of the show than a finished drawing (be it a cel, oil painting, or ep01_sc04_v05_ToMyBiggestFan_LoveLaurenFaust.swf).

Were you both being serious?

I can't tell!

Why won't the rocks and turnips talk back to me!?!

Either way Calpain, congratulations a million times over. You are my absolute envy. That is a wonderful chunk of change to donate and you have something staggering amazing to show for it.

I think I just found a way to make a quick six grand.

Pandaman said:
its okay, i will temper myself.

although the derpy handjob one is seriously tempting, it might just be over the line. >_>
I didn't notice that one the first time, and I have no idea what you mean by tempting, but that is an extremely funny picture.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Master Milk said:
I didn't notice that one the first time, and I have no idea what you mean by tempting, but that is an extremely funny picture.
tempting to post.

its just she isnt wearing much.

Pandaman said:
tempting to post.

its just she isnt wearing much.
Oh . . .

Yea, don't do that. She could have on five layers of clothes and that would still be a bad idea to post. She's giving some guy a handjob, afterall.

If anyone wants to see the picture, they can go find it themselves.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Master Milk said:
Oh . . .

Yea, don't do that. She could have on five layers of clothes and that would still be a bad idea to post. She's giving some guy a handjob, afterall.
oh yeah, that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom