• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Since we're all posting images:

Drawn by: http://caffeinerabbit.deviantart.com/
dPLeZl.png

Day one, drawn by:http://willdrawforfood1.deviantart.com/
Yuzgbl.png

I love this dude's work
CTHT6l.jpg

And to top it off, the perfect gift for Panda (minus the American flag/guile :p)
df5oTl.jpg

Hazaro said:
I came across these somehow. Gifts for panda.

I wonder how you came across these pictures in the first place Hazard ;).

Pankaks said:
And to top it off, the perfect gift for Panda (minus the American flag/guile :p)
http://i.imgur.com/df5oTl.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I suddenly want to get super awesome at fighters just so I can go around and kick peoples asses at tournaments with that. If it happened then all of my victories would be within 10 seconds flat, making them 20% cooler than everyone else's!

[spoiler] I suck too much so it's never going to happen, but it would be sweet. [/spoiler]

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Choppasmith said:
Thought I'd share something my sister and I were working on. Now you may have heard of some of the Pony themed Cocktail recipes bronies have been working on. We decided to take a crack at some Pony themed drinks as well, but instead of alcohol, these are smoothies/shakes. I've got two so far.

qJMiDm.png

The Pinkie Pie
A Cup and Half Strawberry Ice Cream
1 Cup Frozen Strawberries (Pref. with Sugar Added for Pinkie Approved Sweetness)
1 Cup Milk
6 Vanilla Wafers
Cool Whip mixed with Pink Food Coloring for topping

So, I finally got to prepare the Pinkie Pie:

OiBBp.jpg

This is more like my kind of shake. If you drink it with a straw, it starts out as fruity strawberry goodness, and finishes up in a perfect note with the sweet-as-sugar pink whipped cream topping (maybe I should have put more coloring to enhance the contrast?) coming down. As with the Whooves shake, I could probably have used better ice cream, and put a little sugar on the strawberries, but I definitely loved this one. A solid 9/10.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
AdawgDaFAB said:
I suddenly want to get super awesome at fighters just so I can go around and kick peoples asses at tournaments with that. If it happened then all of my victories would be within 10 seconds flat, making them 20% cooler than everyone else's!

I suck too much so it's never going to happen, but it would be sweet.

I use a gamepad myself.

But I would be willing to learn how to use arcade sticks, if only to make nerds salty at the fact that they lost to the dude with the MLP stick.

When I first got Forza 2 I made a ridiculous Hello Kitty car for the sole purpose of taking it online and listening to the whining when I won with it. When Forza 4 is out I think I'm gonna have to start work on a Rainbow Dash car, guaranteed to go 20% faster.

Nishastra

Banned
RomanticHeroX said:
When I first got Forza 2 I made a ridiculous Hello Kitty car for the sole purpose of taking it online and listening to the whining when I won with it. When Forza 4 is out I think I'm gonna have to start work on a Rainbow Dash car, guaranteed to go 20% faster.
Ahh, that reminds me. In the original Forza I made myself an Amy Rose car :p

(Hooray for my crappy old capture card.)

I don't even have a 360, but if I ever got one I'd certainly make some ponycars :p

tiff

Banned
I'd love to troll people online with some pony cars, but I have a rule that 100% of my garage has to be itasha. Sorry PonyGAF.

Ookami-kun said:
PSN threads are full of tension it seems, so it's best to avoid them.
Oh boy, let me lurk the PSN thread and see whats going on...

Wow duckroll is really upset about this, its understandable of course.
Y5uxx.jpg

Pancakes

Yikes, videogames are serious business.

That's why I love Community and OT, so much more chill than Gaming side.

I enjoy Gaming side, but I usually just follow it for news and specific threads discussing topics / games I'm interested in. I never get myself caught up in all the crazy drama there like all the various PSN threads' insanity of the past month or all the console warring and SalesAGE stuff.

Pancakes

tiff said:
Guess you've never seen a circumcision thread!

I avoid the politics, religion, and otherwise trap threads that get posted around here. It tends to increase your life expectancy on GAF.

tiff

Banned
Pankaks said:
I avoid the politics, religion, and otherwise trap threads that get posted around here. It tends to increase your life expectancy on GAF.
Avoiding any threads that spark heated debate like that, Gaming or OT, seem to protect your account's not-banned status while simultaneously improving your GAF experience tenfold.

tiff said:
Avoiding any threads that spark heated debate like that, Gaming or OT, seem to protect your account's not-banned status while simultaneously improving your GAF experience tenfold.

Pretty much. I come to GAF to talk / read about things I enjoy as well as find new interesting stuff, not to get into heated arguments where I'd just end up mad afterwards for no good reason.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
jogarrr said:
This is great.
I think from now on I will consider Scootaloo's full name to be Scootaloo Q. Kazoo. He's awesome enough to be a character from Foster's.
wut?

Edit: Bugger! New page.

10361%20-%20implied_lesbianism%20macro%20parody%20rainbow_dash%20twilight_sparkle.png

pz4vl.png

Pankaks said:
It's magic, I don't need to explain...

http://i.imgur.com/wCNrM.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
I've been wondering that ever since Rarity said that she wanted to hook up with Prince Blueblood.
[spoiler]In the last episode :p[/spoiler]

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Maybe Blueblood was on a state visit from another country that has a monarchy?
Where was it clamed he was related to Celestia?

Nishastra

Banned
I recall Lauren Faust saying something about him and how he's related to Celestia...

I don't remember the exact wording, but he's some kind of distant nephew and not the son of Luna :p

However, that still doesn't really answer any questions. It just means there has to be a lot more royalty than we know of.

The idea of "other kingdoms" seems weird, considering that Celestia, you know, controls the movement of the sun? That's a pretty global kind of thing.

tiff

Banned
Why are there so many princes and princesses in Equestria? How can one Princess rule over other Princesses? I've played enough games about medieval diplomacy to know that shit don't work like that.

Pancakes

Nishastra said:
I recall Lauren Faust saying something about him and how he's related to Celestia...

It was a troll reply about how he's some fifth-removed distant relative.

I also recall her saying that, Prince Blueblood was originally supposed to be a Duke instead of a prince.

But Lauren figured that kids wouldn't know what the hell a Duke is, so she just went with the simple route and called him a prince.

Sorry to rain on your multiple kingdom parade :p.

Nishastra

Banned
tiff said:
Why are there so many princes and princesses in Equestria? How can one Princess rule over other Princesses? I've played enough games about medieval diplomacy to know that shit don't work like that.
Well, the real reason is because queens tend to be evil in animation and so Hasbro didn't want Celestia to be a queen. I think that should have been all the more reason to make her one, to go against that kind of thing, but people think she's evil anyway... :p

As for how it can work... ... magic!

Popstar

I just assume that Celestria is still a princess because after banishing her sister to the moon she didn't want to be seen as usurping all power in Equestria. So she retained her title of 'Princess'.

Kinda like how Gaddafi is still a Colonel.

I think the advice Celestia macros are more in character than that.

Edit: As for the Canterlot Royal Family, I'm more concerned what it means when your monarchy actually has god blood. Is Prince Blueblood like Hercules, or is he so far down that his Divine genes are completely recessive? Are there separate royal families? At the very least it seems that Equestrian royalty is less incestuous than the real thing. Maybe there's a healthy peerage system.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I did buy this.

Before Jenga comes bitching, it's for my cousin. I just introduced her to the show. She doesn't speak any English, but she loves the funny faces. We haven't been able to find any channels broadcasting the localised version in Mexico.

tiff

Banned
Captain Fish said:
As for the Canterlot Royal Family, I'm more concerned what it means when your monarchy actually has god blood. Is Prince Blueblood like Hercules, or is he so far down that his Divine genes are completely recessive? Are there separate royal families? At the very least it seems that Equestrian royalty is less incestuous than the real thing. Maybe there's a healthy peerage system.
I imagine it's something like the real life kings who also claimed to literally be gods.

CHEEZMO™ said:
XD this is some funny shit right here.
Anyway this is what it (roughly) says:
A government tool. She is the main political problem that mankind has to face. The first line from the green book
Note that I separated the first sentence into two sentences to emphasis 'she'. The arabic word for 'tool' is a feminine word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom