• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negator

That thread is hilarious. It's unbelievable how much hate ponies get, it's ridiculous. It makes me wonder if all those people complaining about it are from /b/.

I'm tempted to quote that image...twice.

Negator

Jintor said:
Man, HyperDimensionalNeptunia. I'd love a Western take on the console wars as a videogame, actually.

I'd like an Eastern take on the console wars, that has more than a $1000 budget, by talented developers.

jogarrr said:
Pretty cool for an official commercial.
Seriously. It really feels like they're watching the fandom. And wait, did they make up a song for that commercial?
Jintor said:
Man, HyperDimensionalNeptunia. I'd love a Western take on the console wars as a videogame, actually.
It'd be a shooter. It wouldn't be fun.

tiff

Banned
ivedoneyourmom said:
Man, now I kind of miss icecream and his antics.
I genuinely enjoyed his threads. He has good taste.

Jintor said:
In the Neptunia mold, it would be a generic corridor shooter with the dudebroiest character art.

Darte

Master Milk said:
Seriously. It really feels like they're watching the fandom. And wait, did they make up a song for that commercial?

It'd be a shooter. It wouldn't be fun.

Depends on what you mean by make. The song itself is a parody of California Gurls by Kate Perry, but yea thats Pinkie Pie's singing VA doing that song.

Ultimoo said:
G-Fex goes through phases like this multiple times. It's only a matter of time before he's back to normal. Either that or he'll never return.

I remember some people were concerned based on his past history, he might be a troll. Recent events have perhaps proven the fear well founded.

Either way, probably best just to let him alone.

On a cheerier note, I've discovered a superb bit of fanfictionthat's really well-written, exploring some of the political machinations around Luna's banishment and return. Out-of-character tyrant Celestia makes an appearance, though she's considerably more sympathetic than her usual moustache-twirling antics, and Luna's characterization is interesting and unlike any other portrayal of her. Check it out if you're of the mind to. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EkjFX-vo0yOx1oKNLfMDacrUmgvcxIXgpANjJedaaOU/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1#

Jintor said:
There's more to the West than shooter studios, people. And indie dudes always have our back.
Really? I can't remember the last time I've been interested in a Western game . . .

Actually, today I was trying to name off some Western developers and couldn't think of a single one.

Neki

Pandaman said:
to be fair, i used to be called a troll everytime i posted in a pony thread. >_>
I still do, you troll. You're a lot more subtle than Jenga though, which is good. We're going to tolerate and love the shit out of you!

Master Milk said:
Really? I can't remember the last time I've been interested in a Western game . . .

Actually, today I was trying to name off some Western developers and couldn't think of a single one.

Well better get ready, some Witcher ponies are coming soon! A manly WRPG with not dating-elements, but instead whore-ploughing elements! Manly!
If I didn't suck so bad at drawing :/

How About No said:
Well better get ready, some Witcher ponies are coming soon! A manly WRPG with not dating-elements, but instead whore-ploughing elements! Manly!
If I didn't suck so bad at drawing :/
Witcher? WRPG? Uhhh . . . I'll pass I think. It sounds not fun.

I completely forgot that Skullgirls is from the West though, so I guess it's been sooner than I thought. But still, if it weren't for that . . .

Jintor

Master Milk said:

God, maybe it's because I work in games journalism... Bioware, Obsidian, Valve, Blizzard, Critereon, CDProjeckt, Jonathan Blow, Bay12Games... mind you, a Console Wars game with a E v W mentality would be interesting to.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Master Milk said:
Witcher? WRPG? Uhhh . . . I'll pass I think. It sounds not fun.

Sucks for you. Witcher 2 will likely go down as one of the best RPGs of this generation.

EDIT: Reading above, I really hope you're not one of those "all Western games are dudebro shooters" people. Please dude. All four corners of the Earth have been and still do produce amazing and original titles. Taste is one thing, but cast aside ignorance and you'll see there are countless top tier Western studios producing amazing titles.

Jintor said:
God, maybe it's because I work in games journalism... Bioware, Obsidian, Valve, Blizzard, Critereon, CDProjeckt, Jonathan Blow, Bay12Games... mind you, a Console Wars game with a E v W mentality would be interesting to.
It's not that big of a deal. I was actually just drawing a blank at the time, for like five straight minutes. But, I could name a few Japanese ones with no effort, so I still consider it telling. Bioware is what I eventually ended up remembering.
Even though I have no idea what games they've made.
EatChildren said:
Sucks for you. Witcher 2 will likely go down as one of the best RPGs of this generation.

EDIT: Reading above, I really hope you're not one of those "all Western games are dudebro shooters" people. Please dude. All four corners of the Earth have been and still do produce amazing and original titles. Taste is one thing, but cast aside ignorance and you'll see there are countless top tier Western studios producing amazing titles.
Nah, it's cool. I don't really like RPG's that don't have an S in the front.

And no, I realize how diverse the industry is, but my personal tastes aren't. I like fighters and SRPG's. The West makes shitty fighters, and I've never seen anything about an SRPG from the West. If I weren't a poor college student, I might be more willing to branch out, but as it stands now, my bank account can't afford to care and I'm not inclined to argue with it.

Chuck

Still without luck
EatChildren said:

It's funny you say that about a PC game.

And you can act like you came here to talk about games, but we know you're here for ponies.

JhfZ8.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Master Milk said:
Nah, it's cool. I don't really like RPG's that don't have an S in the front.

And no, I realize how diverse the industry is, but my personal tastes aren't. I like fighters and SRPG's. The West makes shitty fighters, and I've never seen anything about an SRPG from the West. If I weren't a poor college student, I might be more willing to branch out, but as it stands now, my bank account can't afford to care and I'm not inclined to argue with it.

Thats cool. Dont mind me, I just have to deal with way too many people who stroke over everything Japan puts out and refuse to pay attention to any Western games because they're convinced they all shitty dudebro shooters. Meanwhile I can no longer stomach JRPGs because of their dreadful characters and stories, and mechanics that refuse to evolve (to be fair, I cant really stomach most WRPGs either these days).

ChuckNoLuck said:
It's funny you say that about a PC game.

And you can act like you came here to talk about games, but we know you're here for ponies.

I though I made it clear. Pony's suck and you're all disturbed, mentally ill people whome I hate with all the blackness of my heart.

(Fluttershy doesn't suck though)

(Also Rarity)

(And maybe Pinkie Pie and Applejack too)

(BUT THATS IT)

Jintor

Master Milk said:

Did you ever play X-Com or Fallout 2? Admitedly the mainstream has moved away from sRPGs these days but they used to be big, big, big!

Hey Eatchildren - would you just say you like good games? Best route to go, in my opinion.

Yah it's cool. I've never actually played a Bioware RPG either, my library (and money!) is rather limited.

Though, I think the last JRPGs I played were FFXII, Star Ocean 3, and Xenosaga III around 2006-ish. FFXII, I got bored at the 2nd-to-last dungeon; SO3, I felt the battle system was a damn mess and couldn't understand what I was doing; and XSIII, right out of the blue, thought "fuck this shit" and never returned. Not even sure why.

Well, maybe I played FFVI Advance more recently, but...c'mon. It's FFVI. Gotta relive some memories.

Edit: Oh god that face cracks me up every time

Edit: Spike is the best pony, and he ain't even a pony!

Jintor said:
Did you ever play X-Com or Fallout 2? Admitedly the mainstream has moved away from sRPGs these days but they used to be big, big, big!
No, are those supposed to be SRPG's? Fallout sounds like a name I've seen on a PC box.

Jintor

X-Com UFO Defence (Or UFO Defence Enemy Unknown, I can't remember which right now) was a really brutally difficult tactical turn-based strategy involving using a secret organisation to defend the world against alien invasion. It was rad as shit. Fallout 1 and 2 were RPGs with a turn-based strategy fighting element that was removed and turned into a combination FPS/RPG when Bethesda turned it into Fallout 3 and New Vegas. (By the way, you are totally out of the loop if you've never heard of Fallout)

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
EatChildren said:
I though I made it clear. Pony's suck and you're all disturbed, mentally ill people whome I hate with all the blackness of my heart.

(Fluttershy doesn't suck though)

(Also Rarity)

(And maybe Pinkie Pie and Applejack too)

(BUT THATS IT)
*hug*

Jintor said:
X-Com UFO Defence (Or UFO Defence Enemy Unknown, I can't remember which right now) was a really brutally difficult tactical turn-based strategy involving using a secret organisation to defend the world against alien invasion. It was rad as shit. Fallout 1 and 2 were RPGs with a turn-based strategy fighting element that was removed and turned into a combination FPS/RPG when Bethesda turned it into Fallout 3 and New Vegas. (By the way, you are totally out of the loop if you've never heard of Fallout)
I wiki'd it. I've heard of it. It's a PC game like I thought. It doesn't seem that interesting though. The setting doesn't help. That box art looks really dark. And, maybe this is just a bad interpretation of what I read on the wiki, but it seems like combat isn't a big focus? I also didn't see anything about magic or swords, just guns. Guns are fine, but I need magic and swords, too. I'd need to see some actual gameplay, but I don't really care, and I think I've not talked about ponies long enough.

Did we ever all post our episode rankings after the final? I only remember doing it once. I should marathon and rerank sometime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom