• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

Banned
Ok, Pony-GAF. Pinkazoid is available.
oJlN8.png

I'm kinda in agreement that Magic and Swords would totally make Fallout better. I'm not talking about elder scrolls though. I prefer the Fallout universe.

Trouble

Banned
RiccochetJ said:
What's your new avie? Not familiar.
Arya Stark from Game of Thrones on HBO.

Foxix said:
I can't for the life of me remember who made this in the first place haha.
Not sure who made the original, was posted a while back in this thread. I spent an embarrassing amount of time turning it into a transparent png avatar.

Trouble said:

Stop making me wish I had HBO! I'll watch it eventually mumble mumble...

Well, at least Dance with Dragons comes out soon! I need more dirty medieval assholery soon!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Trouble said:

YOU WON'T BREAK ME! As long as my satellite provider deems it necessary to bundle HBO with all those other channels I don't give a shit about? I'm patient and have a short attention span.

Jintor

Master Milk said:
. . . I, don't think so? What part seemed trollish?
Though, with a reaction like that, I kind of wish I had been.

Ah, I don't know. I once knew a very douchebaggy troll who would constantly use a line of reasoning something along the lines of "Oh yeah, I've heard of that. Doesn't sound very interesting. I judged based on [barest glance at material]. Also, why doesn't it have [totally opposite feature]? I really like [totally opposite feature], it would completely make that kind of game for me."

(I also found it weird talking about an RPG that didn't have combat as its focus, that's the whole sodding point of RPGs, to be more than just combat... what's up with that, anyway? Why hasn't the sRPG genre arisen in the west while the tactic genre has instead, when they're both extremely functionally similar? Odd, that).

The best Magic and Swords RPG I've played is probably Arcanum, which was set in a classic swords-and-spells type universe undergoing an industrial revolution. Pity about the actual game mechanics.

Anyway, need more ponies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jintor said:
Hey Eatchildren - would you just say you like good games? Best route to go, in my opinion.

I like to think I like good games! I'm open to most genres, but not all, and I'm not going to pretend to enjoy good games in a genre I'm not big on. I dont like realistic sports games of any kind, and JRPGs in general tend to drive me a bit bonkers unless they're really unique or obscure (eg: Nier is one of my favourite games of htis generation). I've also grown pretty tired of the mass market shooters.

Generally I stick to what I like, and ignore what I dont. I dont really hold any favourable sway towards the East or West when it comes to games. Valve is my favourite developer of all time, though Nintendo are a close second. Troika made the best RPGs I've ever played, but Grasshopper make some of the most interesting.

I like videogames.

I think a 'The Lost Vikings' style game with ponies could be interesting, though handling 6 characters at once could be a bit much... the CMC might be able to work though.

shaowebb

I'm digging the game chatter. As far as RPG's go with interesting mechanics their are a few, but they seem to be leaning towards item crafting.

Atelier Iris and anything else by Gust tends to lead the charge with this mechanic and I'll admit that it adds an addictive level of customization and collection to a genre that's basically about combat grinding to progress. It breaks the pace nicely.

A few other RPG's have tried experimenting with combat in various ways too. Everything from combining magics to see if you can create a new form of magic, to environmental hazards triggering in combat, to actual counter hit buttons that make flow of combat more like a fighter have been tried lately.

Sadly though, games with gameplay tend to be lax in either atmosphere, story or character development lately.

Also, on a side note didn't a western studio get contracted to help develop SF IV? Not a 100% on that but if so that shoots your western studios can't make good fighters theory.

Okay back to ponies... I'd play the friendship outta Marevel vs Clopcom.

My team?
Rainbow Dash (for rushdown and meter build on point)/ Celestia ( High Priority moves and a battery)/ and Fluttershy ( keep away anchor who is good at assists)

For a FiM game I would love for an RPG along the lines of the Paper Mario / Mario & Luigi games. Thinking about episodes like the Pilot, Boast Busters, A Dog and Pony Show and the CMC stuff they could easily come up with fun scenarios and attacks for the cast. I've been thinking about that since I first heard the various 8bit remixes of the show's songs (which I've been using as BGM while I play FF4 on PSP).

Fighters: Dimps did SF4 while Eighting did MvC3 and TvC. However, both Dimps and Eighting are Japanese companies (Dimps = Osaka based, 8ing = Tokyo based).

Ark

Does any body know how the European court works, and could crash course it in 15 minutes?

:(

ThreeSix said:
I have a strange request, but can anyone think of a scene where the ponies are opening a container and the camera angle is placed where it would be inside the container looking up at them as they're opening it?

Quoting dudes request for new page :eek:

Ark

I'm curious, if we hit 20k posts before the new series starts, can the second thread go in OT, or does it have to remain in Community?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ark said:
I'm curious, if we hit 20k posts before the new series starts, can the second thread go in OT, or does it have to remain in Community?
will the second black ops thread go into gaming?

Ark

Pandaman said:
will the second black ops thread go into gaming?

I'll take that as a no :(

Jintor said:
Which court?

Do you mean the Civil System? Or the Inquisitorial system, or...

European Court of Justice, the commission and such.

EDIT:

Just saw this on my Facebook and I've gotta share it somewhere.

I wonder if Buzz and Woody ever met any of Andy's Mums toys...
Especially since they probably had the same names

Ark

Jintor said:
Can't help you there, I'm afraid. I only have a passing familiarity with foreign law systems.

No worries, I bet the stuff I've revised wont even show up on the exam. I hasn't for the last 2 exams I've done this week :(

Well, Law exam in an hour. Wish me luck!

OMG Aero

Darte said:
I'm surprised no one posted this yet:

New Official Pinkie Pie song: Equestria Girls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDfmRqK92jQ
Haha this is awesome. I love that Hasbro essentially made an official PMV, I hope they do more.
Ark said:
We don't go out of Community until there is news big enough for a new thread, so if we hit 20k posts here then we'll get OT2 in Community and then OT3 in Off-Topic when the second series starts I guess.
In other news, dear god what have I become?
konFr.jpg

McNum

jogarrr said:
In the last Synctube someone mentioned Animal Crossing: MLP Edition. That's the kind of game I want.

Or MLP x Harvest Moon.
Yeah that was me. Play as a new player made pony who moves to Ponyville where you interact with the main cast and several of the b-list ponies as well. And yes, your first encounter with Pinkie Pie will go exactly as it did on the show with Twilight. "*GASP*" Have several made up celebrations like the Running of the Leaves, the Winter Wrap Up (complete with a song that plays only on that day), the Summer Sun Celebration, perhaps even the Grand Galloping Gala, and some semi-random events like Parasprite invasion, needing to shoo a mythical beats, The Great and Powerful Trixie's magic show, and so on.

Basically Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon with a pony coat of paint.

I'd go for a Telltale style adventure game, too, though.

tiff

Banned
Master Milk said:
Witcher? WRPG? Uhhh . . . I'll pass I think. It sounds not fun.
The Witcher isn't a WRPG. It was made in Poland.

Also I hate you guys for having PC gaming discussion while I'm asleep. How am I supposed to extoll the virtues of X-COM now?

McNum

Yeah, the time compressed nature of Harvest Moon seems like it'd work better for My Little Pony. Plus since there are Earth Ponies, Pegasi, and Unicorns to play as, having multiple files might be a good idea.

Also saw that the toys are coming to Denmark. Was trying my best to ignore some commercials when I caught the name "Twilight Sparkle". Didn't look that show accurate, though, but it's good to see that they kept the names. I don't want to know what "Fluttershy" would have been translated to.

Jintor

tiff said:
The Witcher isn't a WRPG. It was made in Poland.

Also I hate you guys for having PC gaming discussion while I'm asleep. How am I supposed to extoll the virtues of X-COM now?

Poland's west of Japan

OMG Aero

Kulock said:
A happier person.

What are some of the more show-accurate MLP figures? I keep hearing about things like Pink Celestia and such, and I've seen some of the toys look way too close to the old MLP look for me to like.
I think the most accurate ones right now are the blind bag ones which are the where the two I posted above are from (I ordered the rest of the main cast too apart from Fluttershy because she is a Rainbow Dash recolour for some bizarre reason) and the McDonalds happy meal toys they give away a while back.
If you want to buy some and don't live in one of countries that sells the blind bag (So far all I know that has them is Germany) then your best bet is eBay.

Nishastra

Banned
OMG Aero said:
I think the most accurate ones right now are the blind bag ones which are the where the two I posted above are from (I ordered the rest of the main cast too apart from Fluttershy because she is a Rainbow Dash recolour for some bizarre reason) and the McDonalds happy meal toys they give away a while back.
If you want to buy some and don't live in one of countries that sells the blind bag (So far all I know that has them is Germany) then your best bet is eBay.
The main pony ones are available individually in... some places. And in a pack of four (note that it's supposed to be a good deal cheaper retail) in other places. Mostly I've heard Canada. Supposedly Big Lots has them in the US, but I've yet to find any.

The blind bags are the only way to get Fluttershy (RD recolor) and the funky crystal ones, as well as all the other weird recolors.

FoxSpirit

Master Milk said:
Really? I can't remember the last time I've been interested in a Western game . . .

Actually, today I was trying to name off some Western developers and couldn't think of a single one.

You MUST life under a rock.

Let's see, I'm sure you can name almost all the following developers:

MassEffect/DragonAge
Warcraft/Starcraft
Grand Theft Auto
Halo
Donkey Kong Country/Banjo&Kazooie/Viva Pinata/Golden Eye
Mortal Kombat (old ones)

Don't tell me you don't know of those names and can't name a single dev. You are one lazy Pony :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom