• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

We all know what would be the goddamn Crysallids

normal_pinkie_alien_party.jpg

Nishastra

Banned
Man, we had that one before.

Twilight's hair color and Pinkie's... face bother me. Not a fan of the faces in general.

Also Pinkie's and Rarity's hair look too similar.

What bothers me is the pouty, sexy pose that Twilight is supposed to be making in that picture. I feel like you should be accenting the characterizations of the show, not ditching them.

I worry about suggesting a specific genre for a Pony game, because at some point it has to be a mini-game collection. There are too many different things going on in town to spend most of your time doing a core mechanic other than walk around and talk to ponies. That may sound like a Telltale adventure game, but they won't spend time creating unique events for racing, researching/casting spells, flying, fighting monsters or hell even farming, baking, dress making or singing.

I think a Deadly Premonition (sans combat) style game would work well for FiM. Specifically, the focus of the game should be Ponyville and the characters who live there. Murder is obviously not going to fit in, but having some sort of mystery hanging over the town would allow for a wide range of character emotion. You could even still use the side quest stuff for the wide variety of things there is to do in the town.

Wow, looking at Jay's Pinkie, those eyes are looking in opposite directions just slightly. It makes her look kinda deranged. He's captured the essence of Pinkie, I take it all back.

Edit: The faces don't always look weird:

Ark

TheBez said:
Sorry I'm not part of Pony-gaf and din't want to dig through many pages for a youtube link. I was jsut trying to be nice.

Don't worry, it's fine. The same thing happened to me :(

ChuckNoLuck said:
I've just been made a full member!!!1!

tumblr_lka8k04gW71qjxtmio1_250.gif

Congrats! :)

careksims

I came here to say I just saw that Official Pinkie Pie song: Equestria Girls...

O

M

G

THEY NEED FULL SONG NOOOOOOW! A official parody!?

Brain.. exploded... twice...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The whole Cutie Mark Crusaders thing is just so fucking annoying because everything they do is doomed to failure. Plus it doesn't have anything to go for it after they get their Cutie Marks.

Also, their comedy relief act is only funny if you think seeing people being embarrassed is funny.

jogarrr

J6RZ6m.png

I want more CMC episodes in S2. Didn't like 'em at first but they've grown on me.

The CMC song is my favorite scene in S1. All the running around and crazy dancing is awesome, adorable, and funny.

OMG Aero

Regulus Tera said:
The whole Cutie Mark Crusaders thing is just so fucking annoying because everything they do is doomed to failure. Plus it doesn't have anything to go for it after they get their Cutie Marks.

Also, their comedy relief act is only funny if you think seeing people being embarrassed is funny.
It would be interesting if there was an episode where one or two of them got their cutie marks and that caused a falling out amongst the group, but the only way I could see that episode ending is if they all got their marks at the end which I don't see ever happening.

jogarrr

OMG Aero said:
..but the only way I could see that episode ending is if they all got their marks at the end which I don't see ever happening.
Same. Tera does have a point that the characters become pointless if they ever get their cutie marks so it'll never happen.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
jogarrr said:
Same. Tera does have a point that the characters become pointless if they ever get their cutie marks so it'll never happen.

Maybe if the show gets cancelled they'll devote one episode to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom