• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHEEZMO™ said:
Did someone say human ponies?

1298911574.fisk_jn-humans.jpg

Oh Jay...
You are such a weird dude...
And of course he names his image "fisk".

That's how ALL of Jay's girls look, though.
Big hips and ass, shiny cheeks and weird smiles.
Not that I can complain, since DEM THIGHS are my favorite feature on a girl.

akira28

so in your opinions, would it be possible to get a bunch of isolated video from the show, edit it and order it to become fight animations and then somehow scan it in frame by frame into something like Fighter Maker 2's character maker?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Master Milk said:
Wait, is this for or against? I'm so confused! We need a list of supporters and overexaggerators so I can know who stands where.

I'm not sure how you could think that, honestly. I had a macro response, but it was really mean.
GPMq0.jpg

OMG Aero said:
I think the most accurate ones right now are the blind bag ones which are the where the two I posted above are from (I ordered the rest of the main cast too apart from Fluttershy because she is a Rainbow Dash recolour for some bizarre reason) and the McDonalds happy meal toys they give away a while back.
If you want to buy some and don't live in one of countries that sells the blind bag (So far all I know that has them is Germany) then your best bet is eBay.

Thanks, eBay it is!

Actually, looks like there's a differently-packaged set for the US, same pony toys as far as I can tell.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ultimoo said:
I don't see how alligators have anything to do with humans resembling ponies. :O
humans = mammals
ponies = mammals
alligators = not mammals

therefore, humans are like ponies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ultimoo said:
ponies are also like dolphins, why haven't I seen any dolphin ponies then?

You shut your mouth!

I can already hear the scribbling...

Neki

Pandaman said:
acebandages example is quite clearly a dolphin.
looks like some sort of demented cross between a pony and a mermaid to be honest, which is funny, because mermaids are half human. >_>

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ultimoo said:
looks like some sort of demented cross between a pony and a mermaid to be honest, which is funny, because mermaids are half human. >_>
mermaids don't have forelimb flippers, nor do they have bony pectoral fins.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ultimoo said:
I don't think I've ever seen a dolphin with that kind of tail fin though.
ofcourse not, its part pony remember? the tail grants a wider base to replace dat flank and the stylized fins are a homage to the ponies tail. remember, hair and scales are encoded with the same protein receptors in fish and mammals, so a fishlike/mermaid-like tail is merely a consequence of the land portion having hair.

Neki

Pandaman said:
ofcourse not, its part pony remember? the tail grants a wider base to replace dat flank and the stylized fins are a homage to the ponies tail. remember, hair and scales are encoded with the same protein receptors in fish and mammals, so a fishlike/mermaid-like tail is merely a consequence of the land portion having hair.
You're really reaching here.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ultimoo said:
You're really reaching here.
no, im merely being realistic.

it sounds like you'd want a pony/dolphin cross to just look like a dolphin, but the distinguishing trails of the ponies would not carry over into a dolphins shape. no hair, no scales, no delicious flank. you couldn't distinguish them without making some concessions to dolphin anatomy.

Neki

Pandaman said:
no, im merely being realistic.

it sounds like you'd want a pony/dolphin cross to just look like a dolphin, but the distinguishing trails of the ponies would not carry over into a dolphins shape. no hair, no scales, no delicious flank. you couldn't distinguish them without making some concessions to dolphin anatomy.

Psh, if you can make humans look like ponies without ruining human anatomy, you can do it with dolphin anatomy, I see no problem. Those are merponies, not dolponies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ultimoo said:
Psh, if you can make humans look like ponies without ruining human anatomy, you can do it with dolphin anatomy, I see no problem. Those are merponies, not dolponies.
now you're just arguing without direction. all human pony designs make concessions to draw out the ponies character. typically through the usage of clothing. find me a punk rock fluttershy wearing black and red and then we can talk about there being no design sacrifices to make human ponies.

Neki

Pandaman said:
now you're just arguing without direction. all human pony designs make concessions to draw out the ponies character. typically through the usage of clothing. find me a punk rock fluttershy wearing black and red and then we can talk about there being no design sacrifices to make human ponies.
well then give the dolphins clothes, I don't see a problem.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ultimoo said:
well then give the dolphins clothes, I don't see a problem.
whats the difference between giving dolphin clothing and changing a dolphins tail a tad? dolphins don't even wear their skin for more than 2 hours at a time, clothing is not very dolphin like.

Neki

Pandaman said:
whats the difference between giving dolphin clothing and changing a dolphins tail a tad? dolphins don't even wear their skin for more than 2 hours at a time, clothing is not very dolphin like.
clothing is a lot more fashionable than that mermaid tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom