• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

2th

Banned
Pankaks said:
Welcome back :).

Pony-GAF will survive as long as the show does (maybe even longer).

and i survived my first temporary ban. does that finally make me an official gaffer after all these years?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
2th said:
and i survived my first temporary ban. does that finally make me an official gaffer after all these years?

Yep, you aren't a real gaffer until you get a (temp) ban.

Congrats :D.

tiff said:
OT debate thread.

Ah. I'm so glad I don't have the mental capacity to hold a debate.

Yep, you aren't a real gaffer until you get a (temp) ban.

Congrats :D.

You're not a real gaffer til you get perma'd!

Then you live forever in the hearts of all gaffers as a memory ghost. Like fistfull

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
How About No said:
You're not a real gaffer til you get perma'd!

Then you live forever in the hearts of all gaffers as a memory ghost. Like fistfull

I miss his creepy obsession over Natalie Portman. It was funny at times.

And Constanza, and Greatness Gone, and that one guy with an animated Miaymoto avatar.

/momentofsilence

2th

Banned
tiff said:
OT debate thread.

people like to read way more into shit than they should honestly. and people are way too closed minded. admittedly i could have worded things better though.

Nishastra

Banned
2th said:
FHKtC.jpg

tiff

Banned
2th said:
people like to read way more into shit than they should honestly. and people are way too closed minded. admittedly i could have worded things better though.
Wait didn't you get banned for bashing religion? On NeoGAF? Ahahahahhahahaha

Ark

Pankaks said:
I miss his creepy obsession over Natalie Portman. It was funny at times.

And Constanza, and Greatness Gone, and that one guy with an animated Miaymoto avatar.

/momentofsilence

I remember these people...But I can't remember why :(

Calpain

Wow, just saw this posted on the Escapist MLP group.
PONIES: The Anthology
It's a huge video put together by the people who belong to Ponygoons if I have my information right. I've only made it through half way so far, but it is a pretty good watch with some pretty creative ideas. If anything the intro is pretty smashing.

Ark

ChuckNoLuck said:
Welcome back 2th.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/7/71047/1794065-130447584041.gif[IMG]

And weren't you a junior before your ban? Did you come back a full member?[/QUOTE]

I thought he got full member just before the ban? I don't know :(

EDIT:

Holy shit, the amount of fuck in this GIF is amazing!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/v3kw8.gif

KtSlime

2th said:

Welcome Back, glad it wasn't fatal, you were cutting it rather close.

Pankaks: Pffft, I've been a member for over 2 years now without ban - Avoiding Sony/Xbox threads certainly has helped my survival though. :lol

Pancakes

Ark said:
I remember these people...But I can't remember why :(

Constanza was a giant troll who defended Community and LOST to his death. He's also the dude that made the "Godamn you half Japanese girls do it to me everytime" epic thread.

Greatness Gone was just a regular poster you saw everywhere who sometimes raged in a hilarious manner.

The Miaymoto avatar guy was banned in a funny way. At first it was just a temp ban for a gaming thread. But then then he changed his avatar to a NSFW pic with text reading "Fuck you Amir0x!" And that got him the perm.

I'm not sure why I remember all of this.

ivedoneyourmom said:
Pankaks: Pffft, I've been a member for over 2 years now without ban - Avoiding Sony/Xbox threads certainly has helped my survival though. :lol

You don't truly have an appreciation for posting until it's taken away from you :(.

I got banned for 3 months, it was awful.

Ark

I've not been banned either, although I've only had posting privileges for ~2-3 months now.

I've already had way more than my fair share of fanboy console/game threads on other forums.

EDIT:

New page? Picture time!

130645012336.png

Nishastra

Banned
Proclaiming "I've never been banned!" seems a mite bit dangerous to me, but nonetheless, I haven't been either :p

I make an effort to stay out of any kind of "controversial" threads.

mash440

Neo Member
Can I just say, I was late coming to the My Little Pony trend, I'd seen quite a few references, and it was not until I saw that physics presentation that I decided to watch it.

Anyway, that was a couple of days ago, and I've already watched 11 episodes... Is there something wrong with me....

My favourite is Fluttershy, followed by Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, then Applejack.

KtSlime

mash440 said:
Can I just say, I was late coming to the My Little Pony trend, I'd seen quite a few references, and it was not until I saw that physics presentation that I decided to watch it.

Anyway, that was a couple of days ago, and I've already watched 11 episodes... Is there something wrong with me....

My favourite is Fluttershy, followed by Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, then Applejack.

If there was something wrong with you, you wouldn't be able to get the answer here. :lol

Welcome.

mazeedibeedi said:
Man, during my lurking days Huelen was the reason why I kept going back to the Sonic 4 thread

Huelen was the reason I ventured into any Sonic thread for a while. The only reason I've stuck around the latest ones are for all the music and comic discussions.

mash440 said:

welcome_to_the_herd_by_james_mizuhara-d3ggl1c.jpg

Now join the FB group, lol:
https://www.facebook.com/?sk=group_201423636568999

Ark

mash440 said:

welcome%20to%20the%20herd.png

2th

Banned
tiff said:
I'm positive that the only reason I haven't been banned is because I've only been posting here since last fall.

meh i have lurked for years. and i do mean years. and this thread in particular made me start posting more.

Ark

2th said:
meh i have lurked for years. and i do mean years. and this thread in particular made me start posting more.

I would like to say however, that your name makes the grammar-nazi within me explode every time I see it.

Darte

2th said:

This is me heh. Though I tend to avoid more controversial topics just because I don't like getting into arguments unnecessarily, I feel like you have to try to get banned here.

In other news, 3mins out of 5 mins done on the new pmv. Gahhhhhh I got finals coming!

Pancakes

mash440 said:

Welcome! Glad to hear you enjoy the show.

mash440 said:

You've picked wisely.

mash440

Neo Member
Thanks for the welcome bronies.

mazeedibeedi said:
You''ve picked wisely.

It was episode 7 that firmly cemented that pick for me.

I just love the fact that none of the characters, even though all female, fit into the stereotypical barbie/bratz stereotype. Even Rarity (my least favourite) is strong minded, self employed and artistically talented.

I haven't seen a cast of female leading characters this strong since Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

Calpain

mash440 said:

Hey there, welcome to the thread. Glad to hear you like the show!
mash440 said:
I just love the fact that none of the characters, even though all female, fit into the stereotypical barbie/bratz stereotype. Even Rarity (my least favourite) is strong minded, self employed and artistically talented.

I haven't seen a cast of female leading characters this strong since Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
That's one of the reasons I love the show as well. It's a very refreshing thing to see in TV nowadays.

mash440 said:
Thanks for the welcome bronies.

It was episode 7 that firmly cemented that pick for me.

Trust me when I say this but Rarity will grow on you in the later episodes. She felt very stereotypical (personality wise) in the first episodes, but then BAM she's my 3rd favourite pony.

Ark

mazeedibeedi said:
Trust me when I say this but Rarity will grow on you in the later episodes. She felt very stereotypical (personality wise) in the first episodes, but then BAM she's my 3rd favourite pony.

Her voice still annoys me though..

OMG Aero

mash440 said:

There is nothing wrong with you at all.
mazeedibeedi said:
Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing what you think of Rarity after you see Suited for Success. I didn't really mind her either way but once I saw that episode she became my third favourite pony and she's been sharing that position with Pinkie ever since.

2th

Banned
Ark said:
I would like to say however, that your name makes the grammar-nazi within me explode every time I see it.

If you havent figured it out my name is Tooth. Which stems from my original handle that i use in most games of SweetTooth, which obviously came from the Twisted Metal franchise. I mean honestly, what is scarier than an evil clown with flaming hair? Well then back in 2006 when i got my 360 i couldnt use SweetTooth so i had to go with Sw33t2th (it made my die a little inside since i hate 1337speak with a passion) and then eventually just shortened to 2th. I justify it by the fact that i am not using a number to represent a letter but an entire sound. And mine isnt as lame as anyone using the 8 for stuff like "h8". again, this is just how i justify it. If i didnt tell that to myself then the grammar nazi in me would also explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom