• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
You know you could PM a mod for a name change if you want right?

Maybe change it to -Tooth- or something?

ChuckNoLuck said:
I will always know you as "seconth".

Agreed.

Edit: I read it as tooth as well.

Welcome mash440!

Calpain said:
Wow, just saw this posted on the Escapist MLP group.
PONIES: The Anthology
It's a huge video put together by the people who belong to Ponygoons if I have my information right. I've only made it through half way so far, but it is a pretty good watch with some pretty creative ideas. If anything the intro is pretty smashing.

Quoting this to agree that it's really awesome. I don't know why they bothered just posting the opening part, the whole collection is great.

My favorite is Epic Sax Spike.

Also, Rarity is the best pony ever.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Welcome mash440!

You know every time I see someone make a first post in here it always gets me wondering... are there emotional steps to accepting the fact that you are indeed a pony fan? Some of us come in here in a 'I can't believe I like this show', others of us come in with a disarming sarcastic remark, others are still outright hostile, and some just waltz in like there was never a question.

Definitely not a serious question, but it makes me chuckle when I think about it.

mash440

Neo Member
RiccochetJ said:
Welcome mash440!

You know every time I see someone make a first post in here it always gets me wondering... are there emotional steps to accepting the fact that you are indeed a pony fan? Some of us come in here in a 'I can't believe I like this show', others of us come in with a disarming sarcastic remark, others are still outright hostile, and some just waltz in like there was never a question.

Definitely not a serious question, but it makes me chuckle when I think about it.

It's like a life long vegetarian discovering that he does actually like the taste of steak.

Oh god, so late to the indignant rarity party...
mash440 said:
Even Rarity (my least favourite)
14552%20-%20animated%20oh_no_you_didn%27t%20rarity.gif

You're right though that Rarity could easily be the worst, but is great because she subverts the trope you'd expect her to be. Rather than a shopaholic she is actually a designer. Her reticence towards manual labor getting dirty actually empowered her in a later episode, rather than being treated as feminine weakness.

It is absolutely amazing how strong the characters are in terms of personifying various feminine traits and then subverting them without being obnoxious about them. Applejack is a tomboy, Fluttershy is moe, Twilight is a bookworm, but their personalities are much more robust than their archetypes would suggest.

Calpain

Got some pony pictures to share with you all that I thought were pretty cool.

Pinkie Smashing the 4th Wall

Some Cherilee Reaction Shots

Why We Really Went to the Moon

Captain Fish said:
Quoting this to agree that it's really awesome. I don't know why they bothered just posting the opening part, the whole collection is great.
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I thought they had some problems with the anthology due to some copyright issues so while they took a day or two to fix that problem they released the intro part for us to see.

tiff

Banned
RiccochetJ said:
Welcome mash440!

Watching a show about cartoon ponies targeted to little girls isn't even close to the weirdest thing I do so whatever.

I posted my support for the thread before I was ready to identify myself with ponies, but that was during the dark days. Even if I wasn't a fan of the show I wanted to support the right for others to enjoy it here. It took a while to convince myself that the show just really was good since, you know, it is a cartoon about cartoon ponies.

Jintor

Rarity's hair is goddamn impossible to do correctly without a) colour and b) a pony-shaped head to put it on. It just looks really weird on a human head. It's difficult to maintain its distinctive shape.

2th

Banned
Pankaks said:
You know you could PM a mod for a name change if you want right?

Maybe change it to -Tooth- or something?

Agreed.

nah i like the name 2th. as i said... it is derived from my ancient gaming handle. anything else would just be a worse bastardization.

I say Human Ponies for some, and tiny Canterlot flags for others!

And I want to see pony versions of the human versions of the cast.

I remember 2th now. Everyone forgot if you were a junior or not before the ban and got scared D:

I remember you kinda deserving it, though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom