• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Aero

Calpain said:
This makes me wonder that now that it seems certain that Hasbro knows about us I wonder if our chances of some good merchandise being in the pipeline has increased?
Regulus Tera said:
Are there any news about a boxset?
I'd say this video substantially increases our chances of getting a boxset at some point. They went out of their way to put in two nods to the expanded fan base that the intended audience won't acknowledge at all, and they sent it direct to probably the biggest fansite. It shows that they recognise that we watch it and are happy about it.
Not to mention that they repeatedly say "Stay tuned" over and over and over again when people ask about a DVD/Blu-Ray release on Twitter so they are pretty clearly planning something. It's just unclear whether they are actually going to do a boxset release or individual releases of 3 or 4 episodes.
Personally I think some sort of DVD release is a dead cert, but I'm not sure about Blu-Ray. Everyone has a DVD player of some sort so that's something that could be bought by both the expanded audience and by parents for their children, but I'm not sure if enough children have Blu-Ray players to justify releasing one of them too.

2th

Banned
careksims said:
Oh I'm so going to hover around the Hasbro booth at SD Comic Con this year. Oh I'm going to ask them some questions.

think we can get some drawings for this video? titled Equestria Girls obviously :)

also do as much pinkie pie stalking as possible. in fact i am sure if you show up in a bale of hay they will love you long time.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Myke Greywolf said:
This is. So. Awesome!
DBzFgm.jpg
Holy shit I just noticed the Pon-3 reference. This is so fucking amazing.
No one can groove like the girls with the hooves!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
careksims said:
Oh I'm so going to hover around the Hasbro booth at SD Comic Con this year. Oh I'm going to ask them some questions.

Yes...questions...

ZMRtJl.png

careksims

2th said:
think we can get some drawings for this video? titled Equestria Girls obviously :)

also do as much pinkie pie stalking as possible. in fact i am sure if you show up in a bale of hay they will love you long time.

I have something in mind.

jogarrr

OMG Aero said:
oh god oh god oh god
Proving that Equestria Daily has a purpose outside of fan fiction, they put up a post today saying they got an email from the Hub containing a 90 second version of Equestria Girls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTPqjKk_xCo
In the video they even refer to the bronies and call Vinyl Scratch DJ Pon-3 which is the stage name that fans gave her.
Awesome.
GregLombardi said:
I'm sure this has been posted, but I will post it anyway just in case:

My Little Pony Physics Critiques
Awesome.
Bufbaf said:
New song: Epic Ponies x Synchronicity 2!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFsUPL_9ZEc

Now someone get me a version of Equestria Girls to work with, dammit :D
Awesome.
careksims said:
Awesome.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
NEO0MJ said:
He's trying to out troll Jenga, now that he's back.

Based off some the posts I'm seeing, I'd say he's doing a excellent job.

Playing too much Witcher Jenga?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
mazeedibeedi said:
Seriously G-Fex what happened?
He's a complicated person. If someday he gets back to his previous self and wants our friendship again, we'll still have plenty to give. That is magic that isn't easily forgotten.

Pankaks said:
Based off some the posts I'm seeing, I'd say he's doing a excellent job.

Playing too much Witcher Jenga?

I think someone used the Change of Heart card on him or something.

And you know, I have not seen a single horse in all of the Witcher 2 so far. Not even a diseased corpse of one!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Bonus Tracks done :) I guess I'll finish everything up and see how I will upload the pack tomorrow.
Would you think it's a bad idea to provide a PayPal donation account? Some people actually asked me to put one up, but I'm not sure if I should do something like that, because, you know, I only mixed songs already existing. Then again, it would be a voluntary thing. I don't know :/
What would you do?

Oh, PonyGAF time exclusive download incoming: Grand Galloping Gala x Rolling Girl
http://www.fileserve.com/file/e3Nk7fW

akira28

Ookami-kun said:
Well don't blame me when shit happens when we move back to OT!

Human ponies doing naugty things was what was frowned on. Just to make sure we don't have an unintentional retconning of history. This is the first I've heard of there being bans involved, mainly from that awesome animated macro. But are you signing off on that? You're OP so I kind of give you deference (....kind of), so is there something afoot? Are you telegraphing that human ponies in general = ban, and how did that happen? I think out of everyone who comes here, the people with strong opinions on that are a relative handful, and so long as it isn't a problem without people trolling....it should be cool. It's relatable, a portion of PonyGAF enjoys it or doesn't mind it. I don't think if it's held within reasonable checks that it should be a thing at all. An unwritten rule not to overdo it, cmon, we don't need to involve mods. Or slipstreams or newspeak.

I don't think any outside kerfuffles occurred because of human ponies. That was all Pony-Gaf in-fighting.

I'm personally puzzled that pony personification prevails as a point of pugnacity. As long as you're not posting anything explicit, it should be fair game.

Regardless of the actual image, posting human ponies is automatically kinda weird. Imagine the reaction for posting cat versions of characters in a Zelda thread, for example. It's just kinda weird!

Human ponies also tends to derail the thread, sorta like is happening now.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
RomanticHeroX said:
Regardless of the actual image, posting human ponies is automatically kinda weird. Imagine the reaction for posting cat versions of characters in a Zelda thread, for example. It's just kinda weird!

Some bronies just want to watch the thread burn....

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
RomanticHeroX said:
Imagine the reaction for posting cat versions of characters in a Zelda thread, for example. It's just kinda weird!
I would probably think "OMG this is so cute!". Or maybe "Now, that's interesting". Or even, if they're really well drawn, "This artist really nailed it with these Zelda kittens."

But that's just me. Other people would probably find it weird, even if they couldn't for the hell of it say why it is so in their minds. And would probably find me weird for not finding it weird.

Creepiness is 100% in the intent. Some people just read too much into everything they see.

RomanticHeroX said:

So we have become we fought against. That's sad :(

I say they shouldn't post the creepy ones (sorry pandaman and cheezmo), but those other really good ones should be fair. If it really bothers the pureponies, maybe they could just hyperlink them?

akira28

RomanticHeroX said:
Regardless of the actual image, posting human ponies is automatically kinda weird.

I totally respect your opinion. Mine just differs from yours in the level of weird. I don't think the act of making an anthropomorphic pony character into a human conversion drawing is inherently weird. I like the very well done one's a lot. Most pony art I dl, I get from here, and I like the fact that the good stuff is represented here. I realize that Rule 34 exists and 'no creepy' is a rule I think we can all keep
, and bend on special occasions if Panda has something particularly hilarious.
But no MLP:Humans? Why so closed minded, bronies? Humans are our friends.

How About No said:
So we have become &what& we fought against. That's sad :(

exactly. exactly.

daffy

Banned
Hey hey hey

SpR0J.png

I was going to hold onto this pic that Ark posted as an avatar, if someone else has it and could post or PM me that would be swell :D

I totally exaggerate my distaste for human ponies. I don't like much of it but as long as it's not creepy it doesn't really bother me.

On another note, I think the fandom makes me like Scoot way more than the show itself does.

careksims

FTH said:
Hey hey hey

SpR0J.png

I was going to hold onto this pic that Ark posted as an avatar, if someone else has it and could post or PM me that would be swell :D

You got a bigger pic of that? Why no one like Scoot?! She's awesome...

daffy

Banned
careksims said:
You got a bigger pic of that? Why no one like Scoot?! She's awesome...

Ark said:
I've not been banned either, although I've only had posting privileges for ~2-3 months now.

I've already had way more than my fair share of fanboy console/game threads on other forums.

EDIT:

New page? Picture time!

130645012336.png
Scootaloo is great

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
How About No said:
So we have become we fought against. That's sad :(

I say they shouldn't post the creepy ones (sorry pandaman and cheezmo), but those other really good ones should be fair. If it really bothers the pureponies, maybe they could just hyperlink them?
You see, it usually goes like this: we are having slow, but delightful chatter. Maybe not exciting enough for some, you think? In comes one of the people you mentioned, and posts the picture.

No comment. No context. No justification. No telling why they thought it was worth posting. Just the picture, of questionable quality and/or content, sure to cause an uproar, dropped as a bomb on the thread. 3 pages of drama follow.

Now, they can be disingenuous and say "I just wanted to share this with you! We gotta care, we gotta share, etc.", "chill out, I just found it funny", or something of the sort, but many times they don't even do that, because none of us would believe anyway. The purpose of that post was, of course, inflammatory, because there simply is no better explanation, whatever way you look at it. PonyGAF was just trolled by one of their own.

But it's alright. Friendship is magic, tolerance is golden, obladi, oblada, life goes on, brah. If you don't like it, ignore it. We've leaped over higher hurdles, and we're still alive and kicking. Tomorrow is another day to share that awesome PMV we've just watched.

Human ponies are alright in my book, as long as I can't detect malice of intent - usually manifested as the intent to shock or titillate a significant portion of the viewership. Also alright are dolphin, dog, anthro, OC's, fan fiction and whatever. To judge, I look at the intent, not the content. To evaluate, I look at the content, not the intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom