• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
OMG Aero said:
Are we talking Mr Bean the TV series, the movies or the cartoon? If it's one of the latter two then we have another argument.
TV Series! I'm late responding to your reply, but earlier I watched the bathing suit sketch! I haven't seen that since I was a young kid watching the cbc! A Rowan Atkinson pony....

It's a race!

Turned on the newest version of Desktop ponies while listening to music I was considering for another PMV....
Y1Wy8.png

I'm loving it, but it makes it very hard to do anything else(been 'writing' this post for the last 15 minutes...). Seriously needs some Philomena though.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
lol never heard of that and downloaded it. This is fucking insane
AND SO AWESOME

I will never be able to turn it off again.

edit OMG THEY ALL HAVE MOUSOVERANIMAtiOOOMG THERES THE TARDIS im dying here Apple Bloom is chasing her tail again and Lyra is jumping.

Holy Fuck this is ingenious.

edit again RAINBOOM! Pinkie with her instrument..thing.. Thank you so much for sharing this, I' can't stop smiling :D

edit: Pinkie is hilarious. Kinda sad 'Lotus' and 'Aloe' don't tdo anything. Also, I don't recognize a few of those ponies. Who's Elsie? Who's Octavia? Also, am I imagining things or is Photo Finishes background cast actually following her around? Oh by Celestia's beard, I think they really are.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Nishastra said:
Yes. Just accept the wave of ponies as they wash over you.

"GIVE ME PONIES!" is the best button ever.
Boss: Johnson! Why are your reports late?

Employee: Ponies sir.

Boss: Ponies?

Employee: Yes Sir. Ponies. They're everywhere.

Boss: What in God's green earth do ponies have to do with your reports being late Johnson!?

Employee: I can't explain it sir! First they were on TV, then YouTube, then message boards, then even email! I can't help it sir! They're so innocent and fun to watch!

Boss: My god. GET ME THE PRESIDENT.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Do those things actually interact? Photo Finish just took pictures of Fluttershy and she kinda posed. And they do it again, yup, they definately interact on some level. Crazy stuff right here.

Is there a newsfeed on Updates or anything?

Also, the Parasprites are following Pinkie as soon as she starts playing her Tuba-thing.

edit Lol, thank you very much Aero :D

Bufbaf said:
Pinkie with her instrument..thing.. Thank you so much for sharing this, I' can't stop smiling :D

edit: Pinkie is hilarious. Kinda sad 'Lotus' and 'Aloe' don't tdo anything. Also, I don't recognize a few of those ponies. Who's Elsie? Who's Octavia? Also, am I imagining things or is Photo Finishes background cast actually following her around? Oh by Celestia's beard, I think they really are.
I like to spawn extra parasprites so Pinkie can drag them around the screen...and as I was typing that I noticed Celestia also follows her around while playing music lol.... and now I think I just saw a pararsprite eat one of Applejacks apples and spawn more parasprites.

Also all the other ponies are just Background characters that were given names(I know Octavia is one of the ponies playing on stage at the Gala).

Webiste: http://desktopponies.co.cc/
Gooogledocs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BiJFsPXhGg8Kx1N4uWMhQxocsDDNINAfgiYEpcJnNVo/edit?authkey=CIzrj_gI&hl=en_US#

Narag

DeadPhoenix said:
Turned on the newest version of Desktop ponies while listening to music I was considering for another PMV....

I'm loving it, but it makes it very hard to do anything else(been 'writing' this post for the last 15 minutes...). Seriously needs some Philomena though.

Curse you. Derpy will live on my desktop forever now.

And she has muffins.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Nishastra said:
HHHHRRRRRNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH

Twi just teleported. SO many great animations :D Spike needs a bit more, though.

DeadPhoenix said:
I like to spawn extra parasprites so Pinkie can drag them around the screen...and as I was typing that I noticed Celestia also follows her around while playing music lol.... and now I think I just saw a pararsprite eat one of Applejacks apples and spawn more parasprites.

Also all the other ponies are just Background characters that were given names(I know Octavia is one of the ponies playing on stage at the Gala).

Webiste: http://desktopponies.co.cc/
Gooogledocs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BiJFsPXhGg8Kx1N4uWMhQxocsDDNINAfgiYEpcJnNVo/edit?authkey=CIzrj_gI&hl=en_US#
This is glorious. Do other fandoms have things like this? This is the first time I've seen something like it, but this is easily something that tons of fandoms should adopt.

Nishastra

Banned
It's not a new thing. I recall having some anime ones in the late 90s.

I haven't seen any in quite a while myself (aside from some really dodgy "virtual girl" things), but I'm sure they're still out there :p

Nishastra said:
It's not a new thing. I recall having some anime ones in the late 90s.

I haven't seen any in quite a while myself (aside from some really dodgy "virtual girl" things), but I'm sure they're still out there :p
Oh, that's right. I guess this would be the same thing. Still, this is the kind of thing the Pokemon or Touhou fandom should be all over.

Negator

I would totally watch an animu MLP, but let's not open that can of worms.

The ponies app just looks way more developed with more features and support for more animations. It's very impressive and I'll probably install it when I get home. (posting from work)

Desktop ponies are great!
This is right up there with the Mega Man launcher for things to put on coworkers computers when they're away.

Edit: Trixie's mouse over animation is the best.
Trixie is the best.

Hi, series fan, because of this thread.

However, slightly intimidated by it at this point.

Could I have a run-down of the drama? Bans? People switching sides? Thread move to this section?

Guidelines for liking this show while keeping posting privileges?

How serious are people about the human version hate?

I want to know if I want to commit fully to posting here and getting an avatar.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Slamtastic said:

Could I have a run-down of the drama? Bans? People switching sides? Thread move to this section?
The only current ban I think of right now is Shandeus (sp?). People haven't switched sides, they're just trolling. The thread was moved from OT to Community because Season 1 ended and we still wanted to talk about the show.

Avoid posting excess pony .gifs in other threads and you should be fine

Not very. So long as it's not the creepy stuff, very few people will care.

There ya go.

jogarrr

Nothing I'd really call drama. As for bans, I don't think there have ever been any pony related bans (aside from someone who was trolling this thread once). The thread was moved to community because the season is over and the thread is more just a community of MLP fans until season 2 starts. S2 thread should be back in OT.
The easiest way to stay safe is to keep ponies in this thread.
Good question. I *think* some just have a slight distaste for some of the poorer quality versions. Not completely sure though.

Nishastra

Banned
Slamtastic said:
Could I have a run-down of the drama? Bans? People switching sides?
Drama? Bans? There were a number of unprovoked attacks on us by various people that either got their threads closed or got banned. Anyone from this thread who's gotten banned was banned for reasons unrelated :p

Only "side-switching" I can think of is G-Fex of late, who seems to disparage us at every opportunity :p

Slamtastic said:
Thread move to this section?
Supposedly because we're an active community for something that doesn't currently have any new content. Most show threads die off when the show isn't actually on.

It's a bit questionable, because they were chomping at the bit to move us, and there are some other things that should logically be moved going by that.

Slamtastic said:
Just avoid posting pony pictures in any kind of volatile thread, or spamming anything.

Slamtastic said:
*shrug* There's a handful of people who complain every time they're posted, but I don't think most people have a problem with them...

McNum

Slamtastic said:

There is very little inter-PonyGAF drama, really. Sure, we have our resident troll, but he doesn't bother us much. Some of the other people who trolled the thread have even become fans of the show themselves. The pony drama comes from other people for some reason or another can't stand seeing anything pony related. It's pretty amusing, really.

It is also the reason, though, that you should not go overboard with posting pony .gifs in heated threads. Irrational hate or not, people have a hair trigger in those, so don't make a target of yourself like that. Keep that in mind and you'll be fine. Having a pony avatar seems to be acceptable to most, though. Also, keep the pony puns here. "Anypony", "Everypony", and "Somepony" are good fun in this topic, but a bad idea anywhere else.

As for the human versions, I don't care much for them personally. A big part of the draw of the show for me is the unique style it has, and removing that to make a human out of the characters just makes it lose some charm. There are some that are genuinly well made, though.

What PonyGAF does not like, though, is Fanfiction. Fanart? Sure. Fanfiction? Nah. Rule-34 art or fiction? NO!

But we're a friendly (and magical by extension) bunch in here. We will, of course, request that you post what ponies are your favorites. No need to make a complete list (but you're welcome to if you want), but a top three is nice.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Slamtastic said:
Welcome!
Slamtastic said:
You definitely shouldn't be. The people posting here are the nicest and most interesting I've met on GAF. With such a wide range of personalities, it's a fun place to hang out and post.
Slamtastic said:
Drama happens mostly because of trolls, not really sure of any outright ban because of ponies but I'll defer to Pankaks about Shandeus. There was one time the thread was locked because Duckroll had to clean up the thread due to a particular hater that went too far. The recent drama is that Forrester posted a IMO very apt gif in a psn thread and y2kev outright threatened bans and unfortunately some of the other mods piled on. Oh, and as for switching sides? G-Fex is just being G-Fex. Love and tolerate the shit out of him. Jenga will pop in here to toss an insult around, but a lot of us actually enjoy him and figure he's a closet brony.

Slamtastic said:
Eh, rock an avatar if you like. I personally keep things within this thread but there are others who are a lot braver than I am.

Slamtastic said:
I actually like a lot of them. Don't really understand that hate as long as it doesn't cross the creepy line.

Slamtastic said:
I personally welcome another MK fan. Spent many an hour in the past weeks trying to get good with Kung Lao. One character at a time :)

Foxix Von

AdawgDaFAB said:
Oh hey, where ya been Foxix? Feels like it's been a while since I've seen you post in here.

Caught in a strange ponyless void between my friends dragging me into playing EVE online and wrapping my head around Animation Mentor. I haven't been posting much since I'm a slowwwwwww reader and it just doesn't seem right to be posting in this thread when I haven't read everything yet lol.

Currently getting caught up a little, now I'm only 900 posts behind ^^; Also been getting REALLY bored around the house so I've just been trying to stay out of the house more often, which means less time for reading/posting on gaf lol.

I've still been keeping up the good work though as I've assisted in the conversion of a couple of AM friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom