• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

careksims said:
Thanks FTH :) That expression kinda tears me up. It's as if she's looking up to Rainbow Dash who is now leader of the Wonder Bolts.

We need an older, more experienced, 70% cooler Rainbow Dash. She probably has pirate tatoos and her rainbow hair in braids. And a cheroot sticking out of her mouth, as she has her 'Bolts line up for inspection.

Or make it a riding crop sticking out of her mouth.

careksims said:
Thanks FTH :) That expression kinda tears me up. It's as if she's looking up to Rainbow Dash who is now leader of the Wonder Bolts.
Hey you changed your avatar.
I really like this, did you draw it yourself?

akira28 said:
We need an older, more experienced, 70% cooler Rainbow Dash. She probably has pirate tatoos and her rainbow hair in braids. And a cheroot sticking out of her mouth, as she has her 'Bolts line up for inspection.

There is one and only one future for Dash:

Also regarding human ponies, creepiness is in the eye of the beholder. I feel like Jay Naylor's version might be a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle too on the fence for someone wandering into a season 2 OT who is pre-disposed to hating the show without giving it a chance.

Something more acceptable (imho) would be something like this:

...but of course, that's subjective. Hopefully everyone else can agree that there's a slight bit of difference between this and a Megasweet picture.

I'm not against Megasweet's art in general, but I recognize that it very easily derails a topic and is a lightning rod for someone just skimming a page.

Myke Greywolf drops truth bombs. I think having some context for every image is probably a good rule. There would definitely be less fuss if we could tell why an image is worthwhile.

RomanticHeroX said:
Regardless of the actual image, posting human ponies is automatically kinda weird. Imagine the reaction for posting cat versions of characters in a Zelda thread, for example. It's just kinda weird!
I don't see what makes it automatically weird. A lot of artists create human characters. They design their appearance to match/fit/contrast their personality. The main cast has very well defined personalites, but simplistic designs. Thus as an exercise, artists attempt to create human designs that evoke those personalities. I think it's fairly interesting that they differ so much from artist to artist.

If anything it just means that people think the FiM cast are well defined characters. It's also not a huge leap seeing as they live in a world seemingly designed for people and not ponies.

I agree that they can be creepy and terrible, but I don't think that's the default position. Adorable case in point:
meltingparappa said:
Something more acceptable (imho) would be something like this:
I love the way the lines look in that btw. It looks hand drawn, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a cool digital brush tool.

Captain Fish said:
I love the way the lines look in that btw. It looks hand drawn, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a cool digital brush tool.
I'm not familiar with the artist's work, but it looks like they either used stumpy pencil or some other sort of grungy brush, possibly in Sai. Hard to get a line that line that dirty yet defined unless you have an amazing scanner.

careksims said:
Wow, my mind's been in a dark place lately. I immediately thought she was looking at RBD's burial place in the clouds.

I've been really interested in the depressing pony art lately. And this is a perfect addition. Thing is, I'm not depressed. It's weird.

Soloist

Neo Member
Bufbaf said:

4uCJx.gif

Been waiting for this for a long time

UberTag

I took the Pony Creator for a spin... here's what I came up with:

BrunyPonyAvatar.png

Now I just need to get some pony-sized ice skates for this little filly.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
RomanticHeroX said:
Regardless of the actual image, posting human ponies is automatically kinda weird. Imagine the reaction for posting cat versions of characters in a Zelda thread, for example. It's just kinda weird!

Human ponies also tends to derail the thread, sorta like is happening now.

This guy gets it!

If a Zelda character acted just like a cat, and you drew it as a cat, everyone would think it was great. I think the drawings of ponies as kinda anthro-y birds (1 2) are weird, because why would a pony remind you of a bird? I guess some of them have wings. Still strange.

UberTag said:
I took the Pony Creator for a spin... here's what I came up with:

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/UberTag/BrunyPonyAvatar.png[IMG]

Now I just need to get some pony-sized ice skates for this little filly.[/QUOTE]
Cropped from Winter Wrap Up
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3GWIc.png
f4Mi1.png

Confused101 said:
Wow, my mind's been in a dark place lately. I immediately thought she was looking at RBD's burial place in the clouds.

I've been really interested in the depressing pony art lately. And this is a perfect addition. Thing is, I'm not depressed. It's weird.

Interesting; my first interpretation was that her look was somewhat wistful and nostalgic, as if remembering her days as a Dash fangirl.

Which I suppose makes sense, seeing as recently graduating makes me a good deal more wistful and nostalgic than I would be otherwise. Interesting how so many of us can read so many different things into one picture.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Regulus Tera said:
Has anyone actually dressed real ponies as the characters from the show?

On second thought I don't wanna know.

Ponies in real life aren't as cute and endearing.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
The heck is going on in this thread?

Why all the arguments? I really don...

MR. BEAN IS ON NETFLIX!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Regulus Tera said:
Does anyone have a high quality rip of the Equestria Girls song?

128 kbps is the highest I know of, which I got from ED's linked upload here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bt15jzbc8v440gc

Edit - Speaking of which, I just read this on there while finding that link:
The Hub said:
The full music video will premiere on The Hub during the first commercial break of the Garfield movie at 5pm ET. It will run on our air in regular rotation from that point forward. We will be playing two back to back episodes of MLP on Saturday 5/28 as part of our Summer Preview, and double episodes of Pony on Saturday mornings all summer long! We hope all our fast-fine-fierce "pony-fabulous" friends tune in!

Sethisto said:
Looks like the Hub is embracing the pony! So go subscribe and support the show!

I'm still amazed at the DJ-Pon3 and Brony shoutouts. This is the BEST DAY EVER on so many levels.

As for what "Full Music Video" means, who knows! It might be even longer.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
So, then... To OMG Aero and anyone else in the know, is the Saturday SyncTube recap on tonight? Same bat-time, same bat-channel?

Just a voice in the wind here...

Chuck

Still without luck
Thnikkaman said:
So, then... To OMG Aero and anyone else in the know, is the Saturday SyncTube recap on tonight? Same bat-time, same bat-channel?

actually, nnnoooope? or not really. read below:

OMG Aero said:
Just a heads up guys that tomorrow's Synchtube stream of Griffon the Brush Off and Boastbusters is going to be at the slightly later time of midnight BST. Partially because a few people missed the stream last time by showing up just as it ended and partially because Ponygoons is having a contest where they are streaming the old terrible episodes of MLP and if you watch them you get a tag. Also I hate myself.
If the new time is a problem for anyone though, just mention it and I'll skip the contest and we'll go back to the hour before.

yay~

RiccochetJ said:
MR. BEAN IS ON NETFLIX!

DI4il.png

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
1. I have a feeling we will see some video related to Katey Perry on tonight's synchtube :)

2. Adding more download links as we speak

3. I just slept a stunning 5 1/2 hours. On the weekend. :(

4. Be sure nobody quotes that pic above.

5. That's it. Hello again, everypony :>

Negator

Myke Greywolf said:
He's a complicated person. If someday he gets back to his previous self and wants our friendship again, we'll still have plenty to give. That is magic that isn't easily forgotten.
G-Fex said:
dlybB.jpg

I'm playing the Rarity Defense Force Card in ....defense mode.

Ten reasons she's one of the best ponies and other awesome things.

1. She was nice enough to make all the gala dresses for her friends.
2. She remade the dresses when her whiny friends criticized her work and did it in a hurry at no extra cost.
3. She is probably the nicest big sister, even more than Apple Jack and Sweetie Belle did a lot to make her angry.
4. She actually made a effort first to get along with Apple Jack
5. She cares about how the ponies look and tries to aid them.
6. She's actually very very nice to Spike. She doesn't need to be.
7. She did act the way she did in Sonic Rainboom, so what? She'll never get to fly again or be in the competition again, let her have her day in the sun.
8. She actually tried to give that jerk prince a chance.
9. She was too kind to those diamond dogs.
10. Your hair looks like a Kuriboh, ChuckNoLuck

What happened, G-Fex? You're a pretty cool guy that didn't seem to afraid of anything :(

Songbird

Prodigal Son
OMG Aero said:
and partially because Ponygoons is having a contest where they are streaming the old terrible episodes of MLP and if you watch them you get a tag. Also I hate myself.
Ooh, I just read about this. Not sure whether or not the experience will be entertaining in the slightest.

OMG Aero

Bufbaf said:
The whole album is really awesome and is going straight on my iPod as soon as the download finishes. Did you decide whether you're going to do a donation thing like you mentioned before or not? I'd certainly throw a couple of bucks your way for giving me something to start each Synchtube stream with if nothing else.
RiccochetJ said:
The heck is going on in this thread?

Why all the arguments? I really don...

MR. BEAN IS ON NETFLIX!

Are we talking Mr Bean the TV series, the movies or the cartoon? If it's one of the latter two then we have another argument.
Bufbaf said:
1. I have a feeling we will see some video related to Katey Perry on tonight's synchtube :)
Equestria Girls is totally going to be in every Synchtube and there is nothing anyone can do to stop me.
Regulus Tera said:
Has anyone actually dressed real ponies as the characters from the show?

On second thought I don't wanna know.
Someone on Ponygoons has an actual pony and they gave it Applebloom's bow:

Chuck

Still without luck
Thnikkaman said:
Oh, dude! I thought you knew. Now I feel really bad for confusing you.

Forum founded by Something Awful users after the ban on show discussion.

You don't need to feel bad at all. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to internet forums. I only found out what GAF really was about four months ago because of Arthur Gies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
OMG Aero said:
Someone on Ponygoons has an actual pony and they gave it Applebloom's bow:

wow ponies can be small.
why does he or she own this one? whats it for?

why does gilda have teeth?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
OMG Aero said:
The whole album is really awesome and is going straight on my iPod as soon as the download finishes. Did you decide whether you're going to do a donation thing like you mentioned before or not? I'd certainly throw a couple of bucks your way for giving me something to start each Synchtube stream with if nothing else.

I mentioned it in the .txt file that's coming with the download.

edit: Also :lol, that comic is so random

Ultimoo said:
why does RD have a horn? did she murder twilight for it?
Clearly in an earlier fight against Celestria Twilight was defeated and used one final spell to give RD her horn and magical knowledge.

As for the synctube thing tomorrow... I might not be able to make it. For some reason while watching synctube earlier, it suddenly froze on me and now every time I try to use it I just get a 502 error and from a quick google search this seems to be a problem on synctubes side so there's very little I can do to fix it.

OMG Aero

DeadPhoenix said:
Clearly in an earlier fight against Celestria Twilight was defeated and used one final spell to give RD her horn and magical knowledge.

As for the synctube thing tomorrow... I might not be able to make it. For some reason while watching synctube earlier, it suddenly froze on me and now every time I try to use it I just get a 502 error and from a quick google search this seems to be a problem on synctubes side so there's very little I can do to fix it.
Is that error the only reason you might not be able to make it? I'm getting the same error too and am pretty sure it's effecting everyone not just you.
If my memory serves right, it's the same error that effected the site on the day we streamed The Best Night Ever, in which case we just have to wait for Synchtube to fix whatever is up on their end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom