• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiser

1jqiza.jpg

5voc3c.jpg

34yptuo.png

2elh3b4.png

14twsd3.jpg

msj8rm.jpg

problem?

akira28

slow start, like the Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers intro:

G-Fex is just being the dark horse, the death angel, the hero we deserve, <<not the hero we neeeed>>. He hasn't turned on Ponies. He has turned on Ponyism, hatred, and greed. Some might say he's craa-zy, but some will see that he has a vi-sion. If love of ponies is the reason we're here, than protecting that love is his mission!!(80's guitar solo, slamming drums squadron of F-14s take off, blow things up, and land.)

Taiser said:

well it looks like they'll finally cart me away for snogging a pony. damn you cruel fate. This isn't wha I had in mind at all.

the first pic is also awesome. it's where I wanted to go with 'youarealreadyinvited.jpg' but couldn't, due to lack of drawing talent.

Taiser said:
http://i56.tinypic.com/1jqiza.jpg[img]

[img]http://i56.tinypic.com/5voc3c.jpg[img]

[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/34yptuo.png[img]

[img]http://i52.tinypic.com/2elh3b4.png[img]

[img]http://i52.tinypic.com/14twsd3.jpg[img]

[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/msj8rm.jpg[img]
[spoiler]problem?[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llmesnNdf41qksrrgo1_400.gif
Edit: Changed the gif
I don't really mean that :p

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
After 2 days of wrestling with swedish furniture, I'm back! Expect me to post more regularly from now on - and more drawings, of course. I'm not done with the lot of you!

McNum said:
What PonyGAF does not like, though, is Fanfiction. Fanart? Sure. Fanfiction? Nah.
Speak for yourself, my friend. I like fan fiction. Some of it is genuinely interesting, moving and/or funny. I just never posted it because I didn't want to open that can of worms and have another 3 pages of drama and veiled name-calling over a measly link.

I can understand that some people don't want to commit themselves to a long read over something that might be utter crap, but I don't understand the rationale behind affirming that every piece of fan fiction amounts to nothing more that trash. If someone can enlighten me, I'll be grateful.

akira28 said:
slow start, like the Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers intro:

G-Fex is just being the dark horse, the death angel, the hero we deserve, <<not the hero we neeeed>>. He hasn't turned on Ponies. He has turned on Ponyism, hatred, and greed. Some might say he's craa-zy, but some will see that he has a vi-sion. If love of ponies is the reason we're here, than protecting that love is his mission!!(80's guitar solo, slamming drums squadron of F-14s take off, blow things up, and land.)
Well done, I actually laughed at this. :)

McNum

Myke Greywolf said:
Speak for yourself, my friend. I like fan fiction. Some of it is genuinely interesting, moving and/or funny. I just never posted it because I didn't want to open that can of worms and have another 3 pages of drama and veiled name-calling over a measly link.
"Doesn't like it" as in "causes 3 pages of drama", of course. I suppose another way to say it is that some other forums have pony threads that are more than 50% fanfiction and/or critiques of fanfiction. This doesn't happen in this thread, sort of like an unspoken consensus that it shouldn't happen. Personally, yeah, I like it like this.

Calpain

Slamtastic said:
Fluttershy
Rarity
Twilight Sparkle
Rainbow Dash
Pinkie Pie
Applejack

Are all tied for first

Hey there and welcome to the herd! I've got to say nice rankings, every pony is best pony.

Foxix said:
Caught in a strange ponyless void between my friends dragging me into playing EVE online and wrapping my head around Animation Mentor
Oh, they've gotten you playing EVE? How are you liking it so far? I played for about a year back during undergrad and had a great time.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
McNum said:
"Doesn't like it" as in "causes 3 pages of drama", of course. I suppose another way to say it is that some other forums have pony threads that are more than 50% fanfiction and/or critiques of fanfiction. This doesn't happen in this thread, sort of like an unspoken consensus that it shouldn't happen. Personally, yeah, I like it like this.
I'm not saying that people should post fan fiction in its entirety in here (tongue in cheek excepted), but I don't see anything wrong with posting links to share pieces of fan fiction that you genuinely think are worth the time it takes to read them, the same way we share art and videos.

If people are not interested, they don't ever need to click that link or read the piece.

Foxix Von

Calpain said:
Hey there and welcome to the herd! I've got to say nice rankings, every pony is best pony.

Oh, they've gotten you playing EVE? How are you liking it so far? I played for about a year back during undergrad and had a great time.

Actually really, really enjoying it. Strongly considering moving my subscription off of DCUO over to this once the new update comes out. I guess, next month I think or at least my buds were telling me, the next expansion/update introduces the ability to actually walk around space stations and captains quarters.

It's a very different beast than it was a few years ago, and I like the fact that the GM's are so awesome. One of them actually contacted me out of the blue to make sure that I was learning everything alright and having fun. I told him I was just about to log off for class and he was kind enough to just PM me some useful links on getting started. Stark contrast to DCUO which... has or at least didn't used to have any kind of moderator/developer communication WHATSOEVER.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
mazeedibeedi said:
Oh my god. I'm in tears right now. I could find so many uses for that gif.

If only most of the mods weren't anti pony :(

Edit: Foxix you play DCUO? PS3 or PC? After my WoW addiction I only play about once a week for 3 or 4 hours or so. I'm the leader of our small group called the Super Villian Beer Club.

Foxix Von

RiccochetJ said:
Oh my god. I'm in tears right now. I could find so many uses for that gif.

If only most of the mods weren't anti pony :(

Edit: Foxix you play DCUO? PS3 or PC? After my WoW addiction I only play about once a week for 3 or 4 hours or so. I'm the leader of our small group called the Super Villian Beer Club.

PS3 currently but I haven't actually touched it in aaaaages. The gameplay is fantastic and love it for what it is but they really needed to launch it with more end game stuff to do. I bought it before I bought my new laptop which can run it too :p

FUCK YEAH VILLAINS!

Last time I posted fanfic, I didn't get much of a response, positive or negative. The one time there really was any drama was because I messed up and forgot how dark one of the pieces was. Fanfic as such hasn't been a recipe for drama, IME.

Also, I had the CL match DVRed :(. Curse you!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Amibguous Cad said:
Last time I posted fanfic, I didn't get much of a response, positive or negative. The one time there really was any drama was because I messed up and forgot how dark one of the pieces was. Fanfic as such hasn't been a recipe for drama, IME.
Funny thing is, most fans would lap up any fan fiction whole if presented in decent comic form.

Apparently, only illustration demands talent, deserves attention and can be considered as "art". Not writing.

Ark

Calpain said:
Synchtube was great everyone! I'm definitely going to try and catch next week's. Thanks for hosting the event, Aero.:)

Ah shit! I totally forgot about the Synchtube! I'll have to catch next weeks one the make up for it.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Still listening to the synctube. Holy crap these mashups are amazing. I normally don't listen to this electronic/techno type stuff, but I can't stop listening right now!

Thank you Aero for putting this on. Before you arrived somehow I was put in charge of everything and I froze with anxiety. That and the fact that I have never used the websites tools before. Then you arrived and everything was taken care of like a true professional. Once again, thank you.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Again, a great synchtube and a lot of fun :) This really was a great idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom