• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishastra

Banned
lfWXU.jpg

OMG Aero

RiccochetJ said:
Still listening to the synctube. Holy crap these mashups are amazing. I normally don't listen to this electronic/techno type stuff, but I can't stop listening right now!

Thank you Aero for putting this on. Before you arrived somehow I was put in charge of everything and I froze with anxiety. That and the fact that I have never used the websites tools before. Then you arrived and everything was taken care of like a true professional. Once again, thank you.
Haha no problem. Thanks for watching and for all the kind words everyone. Here are the all important rating results:
For Griffon the Brush-Off: 5 people voted 5, 10 people voted 4, 3 people voted 3, 1 person voted 2 and no-one voted 1. Which gives it an average score of 4.00.
For Boast Busters: 3 people voted 5, 6 people voted 4, 9 people voted 3, 1 person voted 2 and no-one voted 1. Which gives it an average score of 3.58.
Which leaves the current ranking as:
1. Friendship is Magic Part 1 - 4.06
2. The Ticket Master - 4.05
3. Griffon the Brush-Off - 4.00
4. Friendship is Magic Part 2 - 3.71
5. Applebuck Season - 3.67
6. Boast Busters - 3.58
I have a feeling that Friendship is Magic might get knocked off the top spot next week when we watch Dragonshy (One of my favourites) and Look Before You Sleep.

And one last thing, what did everyone think of the time of this stream? For next week do you want to do it at the same time or back to the regular slot one hour earlier? I was popping in the stream a few times in the hour before we started to set up the playlist and I noticed there were a few people already there half an hour before we started.

jogarrr

OMG Aero said:
And one last thing, what did everyone think of the time of this stream? For next week do you want to do it at the same time or back to the regular slot one hour earlier? I was popping in the stream a few times in the hour before we started to set up the playlist and I noticed there were a few people already there half an hour before we started.
I vote for the same time as today, although I have no problem with the earlier time.

As for time, I've unfortunately not been able to join the sync tube party these past few weeks because I've hD various commitments on Sat afternoons. Friday would work better for me, though I could see satAfternoon working best for most people.

DrForester said:
Oh I hope not. Not anything blatant anyways.

First rule in making something. Don't pander to the fanboys, they're idiots.

Yes...

Aside from the occasional wink, I hope this show never embraces its overly-enthusiastic male audience.

So Ponyville is actually a large open mental institute, where Celestia sends her daughter Twilight and her stuffed dragon. Twilight suffers from delusions of saving the world from an eternal night, and believes her aunt Luna is going to be responsible for it and this has been done before, hasn't it?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
CHEEZMO™ said:
the dangerous combination of copious amounts of alcohol, major girl troubles and a small scale existential crisis have left me borderline
Sorry about your girl troubles :( It will get better though... It just takes time. As for your exis... wait. Aren't you over in the UK? It's almost 10pm here... are you wasted and posting at 5am?

Songbird

Prodigal Son
CHEEZMO™ said:
the dangerous combination of copious amounts of alcohol, major girl troubles and a small scale existential crisis have left me borderline
Need a chat or maybe a game online?

Insomnia over here.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
CHEEZMO™ said:
everything ponygaf has done for me has nearly been wiped out in 3 hours
Aww Cheezmo... We love and tolerate the shit out of you. When you wake up, things will be better other than the splitting headache you may have. And you know what? We'll be here. :) Just like a lot of you were there for me.

jogarrr

CHEEZMO™ said:
jogarr doesnt have a scootaloo avatar? what madnes is this?
It's like those dark days when Foxix had abandoned his DJ PON-3 avatar. In the end, order was restored and we all lived happily ever after.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Well I feel a little better now.

I was thinking, does anyone know about IRC channels and all that shit? Maybe we should have one, like the guys at animu.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Dai101 said:
CHEER UP CHEEZ!!!!
Here, have a Corona beer:
I used to drink Corona until I went to Mexico City on business. Everyone there was drinking Dos Equis.

I don't always post on GAF my friends. But when I do, it's in PonyGaf.

akira28

Girl trouble? Would it make you feel better at all to know that possibly 1 billion men are having girl trouble of some sort? Small consolation, but at least you know it's normal, just like things getting somehow better eventually is the logical progression. I have come to the conclusion that any girl that would give you trouble is a potential source of later trouble. That may not be as helpful, but it makes sense.

Cheezmo's troubles have driven me to drink. Ah well. I will mix this with something to light my fire, then I will look at Ponies.

RiccochetJ said:
I used to drink Corona until I went to Mexico City on business. Everyone there was drinking Dos Equis.

That's like going to another country and finding out that Coca Cola is the equivalent of Diet Shasta. Gotta love super expensive ad campaigns...

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
akira28 said:
That's like going to another country and finding out that Coca Cola is the equivalent of Diet Shasta. Gotta love super expensive ad campaigns...
Not sure I'm understanding your analogy. Which one's the Coke and which one is the Shasta? When I was down there, it was long before the influx of Dos Equis commercials. I actually liken it to how Fosters is somewhat popular here and yet when you go to Australia, a lot of them think it's a low end beer.

Anyways, back on topic:

How bout that Twilight? She sure showed Trixie what's up!

akira28

RiccochetJ said:
Not sure I'm understanding your analogy. Which one's the Coke and which one is the Shasta? When I was down there, it was long before the influx of Dos Equis commercials. I actually liken it to how Fosters is somewhat popular here and yet when you go to Australia, a lot of them think it's a low end beer.

Anyways, back on topic:

How bout that Twilight? She sure showed Trixie what's up!
Wha? I though what she showed was herself being the rank amateur that she is. Luckily for us Trixie was there to deftly point out the way, when that terrible extremely weak Usra somehow shorted out her powers.

Well, in the States, Shasta is usually thought to be crap soda. And Coke "is it". I heard many years ago that Dos Equis was what was up down there, but to hear that no one even drinks Corona, while up here it's the "awesome mexican beer with the soft lipped bottle"? So well known that people blog about the properties of its bottle? Every Friday I see people lined up with boxes of the stuff in grocery checkouts. Corona is the Coke equivalent, but due to well planned American marketing apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom