• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Negator said:
Manchildren is one hypocritical argument that should not fly on a forum dedicated to video games. (Well, in the context of posting on NeoGAF)
I concur. That arguement won't fly here, though. In an atmosphere of hostility and misunderstanding, Other-GAF will always look to the scapegoats wine confronted with something they don't understand. I know first hand. I had a front row seat to the burning of Rock Band GAF. They were much more insular than Pony GAF and somewhat arrogant, but they fell nonetheless.

G-Fex

Ultimoo said:
i1dG0.gif

You wrongdoing wrong doer

Neki

ahoyhoy said:
I concur. That arguement won't fly here, though. In an atmosphere of hostility and misunderstanding, Other-GAF will always look to the scapegoats wine confronted with something they don't understand. I know first hand. I had a front row seat to the burning of Rock Band GAF. They were much more insular than Pony GAF and somewhat arrogant, but they fell nonetheless.
I don't even understand what happened with Rock-Band GAF, what's the story with it?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
ahoyhoy said:
Pony GAF doesn't need redemption in the eyes of non Pony GAF; it needs justification. It isn't the way this community behaves (most of the time), but how we perceived by the confused outsiders (are we perverts? Manchildren? Animation lovers? Etc)

Why should we try to justify our hobbies to those who have no interest in understanding.

So long as we don't piss off mods enough to get the thread locked, I personally don't care what the rest of GAF thinks.

Ultimoo said:
I don't even understand what happened with Rock-Band GAF, what's the story with it?

This was a while ago but IIRC, it had something to do with Rock Band news being buried in that giant OT instead of someone making a new thread. I don't remember the exact details but it got real bad real fast.

2th

Banned
i go away from the thread for like two days and while catching up there has been talk of furries. my thoughts...

129128145639480441.jpg

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Pankaks said:
Why should we try to justify our hobbies to those who have no interest in understanding.

So long as we don't piss off mods enough to get the thread locked, I don't personally care what the rest of GAF thinks.

This was a while ago but IIRC, it had something to do with Rock Band news being buried in that giant OT instead of someone making a new thread. I don't remember the exact details but it got real bad real fast.
I wasnt attempting to justify that argument, but I feel that's what the rest of GAF expects. We certainly don't need to strain ourselves to provide it, but expect the rest of GAF to continue going over the whole community witha fine toothed comb to find their justification.

G-Fex

Ultimoo said:

you may reply with hipsters on computers but I know the truth. You're clearly doing wrong.

Who isn't doing wrong here? How do I know Pandaman isn't looking up ponies right now off of FA.

or DRAWINGS THEM.

There's that level of wrong and reasonable pony cartoon and buddy boys you just hop skipped and jumped right over that line.

Neki

G-Fex said:
you may reply with hipsters on computers but I know the truth. You're clearly doing wrong.

Who isn't doing wrong here? How do I know Pandaman isn't looking up ponies right now off of FA.

or DRAWINGS THEM.

There's that level of wrong and reasonable pony cartoon and buddy boys you just hop skipped and jumped right over that line.

Jenga is so much more subtle then you, it's a shame really. I thought another Jenga would be interesting, but this is just sad.

G-Fex

Ultimoo said:
Jenga is so much more subtle then you, it's a shame really. I thought another Jenga would be interesting, but this is just sad.

I don't need to be subtle I have a shift key. I'll be watching Ultimoo,, watching everything, yeah even more so than Jenga watches.

2th

Banned
Uchip said:
you know mlp is the same type of characterization right

not at all... MLP is anthropomorphizing ponies. in other words, giving human qualities to ponies. Furries on the other hand... um i dont think there are enough ways to properly express my hatred for anyone who wishes they were an animal and "yiffs". It is certainly not the same type of characterization at all.

daffy

Banned
G-Fex said:
I don't need to be subtle I have a shift key. I'll be watching Ultimoo,, watching everything, yeah even more so than Jenga watches.
I don't understand, you had a falling out with ponies or somethin..??

We never got confir on if you were "long-trolling" PonyGAF with all your posts either!!

Uchip

Banned
2th said:
not at all... MLP is anthropomorphizing ponies. in other words, giving human qualities to ponies. Furries on the other hand... um i dont think there are enough ways to properly express my hatred for anyone who wishes they were an animal and "yiffs". It is certainly not the same type of characterization at all.

yea, theyre pretty messed up
but you should pity them rather than hate
and im talking about the characters not the community

Neki

FTH said:

We never got confir on if you were "long-trolling" PonyGAF with all your posts either!!

He must be a really good troll if he's spent 700 posts pretending to be a pony lover.

G-Fex

FTH said:

I was backstabbed first, some friends you guys are. I'll leave your goddamn thread then.

mash440

Neo Member
Uchip said:
yea, theyre pretty messed up
but you should pity them rather than hate
and im talking about the characters not the community

However, it's probabaly the same as any community, the minority ruins the appearance of the majority.

Football fans and football hooligans.
Religious groups and extremists.
Furries and furverts.
Anime fans and those crazy sailor moon cosplays.

Just like you see lots of bad reviews on the internet from customers, you only hear about the seedy parts of the internet.

i-will-tolerate-and-love-the-shit-out-of-you-1.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
ahoyhoy said:
I wasnt attempting to justify that argument, but I feel that's what the rest of GAF expects. We certainly don't need to strain ourselves to provide it, but expect the rest of GAF to continue going over the whole community witha fine toothed comb to find their justification.

Forgive me If I seem to be missing your point but what is the rest of GAF trying to justify? That this thread is a terrible terrible thing that deserves to be locked? Or are they looking for a reason as to why we like the show?

Because if it's the former, I think we've had plenty of that. I wasn't here when the thread first started but looking back at the first couple of pages it would seem that there was a massive amount of trolling and hate towards the show. Hell, the thread was so badly derailed at some points I'm surprised it wasn't locked right then and there, and yet it's still alive.

If it's the latter, they're free to stop by the thread and ask questions. We're not as hostile and insular as other communities so I don't see that being a problem.

G-Fex said:
I was backstabbed first, some friends you guys are. I'll leave your goddamn thread then.

Oh come on don't be that way.

I'm sorry about the YuGiOh Pony :).

tiff

Banned
2th said:
that doesn't sound like friendship and magic

I was always under the assumption that G-Fex got offended by some people saying his Yu-Gi-Oh gimmick was tired/annoying or whatever thus leading to an incredibly forced heel turn.

Neki

Nocturnowl said:
I was always under the assumption that G-Fex got offended by some people saying his Yu-Gi-Oh gimmick was tired/annoying or whatever thus leading to an incredibly forced heel turn.
hopefully he's going to go do a shoot on us.

Chuck

Still without luck
^^ beaten.

He loses points for mentioning 4chan and not /co/ specifically, but then again, what does he know. He's a businessman!

daffy

Banned
G-Fex said:
hmm?? What ever do you mean? I was just asking because some of your posts have been seemingly angry towards ponyGAF

edit: ahoyhoy :eek:

Why do I enjoy depressed Pinkie Pie so much?

Regardless, that .gif is very accurate. WTF has been going on in here lately? I do a good job of keeping up with everything and I still can't make sense of it.

daffy

Banned
Confused101 said:
Why do I enjoy depressed Pinkie Pie so much?

Regardless, that .gif is very accurate. WTF has been going on in here lately? I do a good job of keeping up with everything and I still can't make sense of it.
thread seems to operate like a chatroom lol

Community is awesome, we'd have been closed by now in OT.

Pancakes

QisTopTier said:
Dear ponygaf, I'm depressed from a certain thing that happened... can anyone post fun pictures to cheer me up D:

Mx0FA.jpg

5IHPi.gif

9IKsQ.gif

ahoyhoy said:
http://i.imgur.com/hx3nC.gif[]

Now fixed.[/QUOTE]

Amazing work.

I think Pony-GAF has found our Mama Robotnik.

[QUOTE=Nocturnowl]Hey I almost missed my own member centric celebration, you people warm my heart![/QUOTE]

Congrats man!

Negator

G-Fex said:
Oh come on, I enjoy your thing and what you do. Just because a few who didn't doesn't mean you have to be mad at all of us. I consider you a fine gentlemen and endorse your Yugioh-isms.

Jintor

Yeah okay, thread being in community is way better. No more occasional random trolls, just Bronies and deliberate brony trolls, which is way more fun.

Come back G-Fex! We believe in the heart of the cards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom