• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
Narag said:
No worse than the ostrich hammer. They're just having fun with the community. It'd be like being upset over the Lundgren vs Unicorn commercial.
That ostrich hammer was dumb and that Norton commercial was well before the pony craze. It's obviously Volition just being cynical toward the internet.

Jintor

The ostrich hammer was incredible because they made that video about it which was decently funny and they actually modelled it ingame.

Narag

Jintor said:
The ostrich hammer was incredible because they made that video about it which was decently funny and they actually modelled it ingame.

Didn't realize they made a video about it. Found it and laughing my ass off.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Jintor said:

Not to mention that is was based off of a NeoGAF post as well.

Neki

ahoyhoy said:
hx3nC.gif

Now fixed.

Flawless victory.

The amount of modeling on the rear of that pony is like Prey level creepy. Good thing you're you'll be looking at the face most of the time.

I also believe in G-Fex. Come back bro! We need more Rarity fans up in.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Was G-Fex really offended by me saying his Yu-Gi-Oh shtick was getting old?

I mean... really?

ZealousD said:
Was G-Fex really offended by me saying his Yu-Gi-Oh shtick was getting old?

I mean... really?
I think there's more to it than that. Uhh.... what did we do to G-Fex anyway?
We need a straight answer G-Fex. We want you back in the herd.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I think this exchange that occurred earlier very early in this thread is an indication of what G-Fex was up to. Someone called him out for trolling another thread that he apparently hated as well, and he responded with depressing remarks. He then "turned" to the Pony-side remarkably quickly, skipping the usual 9 (or however many it is) steps that we most all went through when transitioning from knee-jerk anti-Ponyism to Pony-appreciation to Pony-GAF.

Zomba13

mazeedibeedi said:
I think there's more to it than that. Uhh.... what did we do to G-Fex anyway?
We need a straight answer G-Fex. We want you back in the herd.
I thought he just got bored of the liking ponies gimmick so turned it into a disliking ponies gimmick.

Just to keep things interesting and swallow the sadness of the apparent loss of G-Fex, the rest of the human ponies from that artist I posted earlier!

With a source, no less!

Negator

ahoyhoy said:
I think this exchange that occurred earlier very early in this thread is an indication of what G-Fex was up to. Someone called him out for trolling another thread that he apparently hated as well, and he responded with depressing remarks. He then "turned" to the Pony-side remarkably quickly, skipping the usual 9 (or however many it is) steps that we most all went through when transitioning from knee-jerk anti-Ponyism to Pony-appreciation to Pony-GAF.
Wow, it hurts to read that hateful, ignorant garbage.

Negator said:
Wow, it hurts to read that hateful, ignorant garbage.
Amirox be amirox'ing.

On the plus side, it shows how far the thread has come. I'm sure we'll get a decent retread of a lot of this in the season 2 OT, but regardless if everyone approves at least they're used to us.

Also this is a gem worth unearthing again.
fMxph.jpg

meltingparappa said:
Amirox be amirox'ing.

On the plus side, it shows how far the thread has come. I'm sure we'll get a decent retread of a lot of this in the season 2 OT, but regardless if everyone approves at least they're used to us.

Also this is a gem worth unearthing again.
fMxph.jpg

ohgawd

I found this little gem :p
ahoyhoy said:
MLP GAF: I think at last we understand each other. You don't have my blessing, but I don't think this thread is half as creepy as I did before. Just know that I will not go about and spread the gospel, nor will I ever darken your doorways again. Be at peace.
Its interesting to see how some gaffers, who originally had no interest in the show, slowly develop an interest for this show. Then they start posting regularly.

Negator

meltingparappa said:
Amirox be amirox'ing.

I'm quite pleased that the thread survived all of that, otherwise I would have never discovered this great show.

Hopefully now that we have Duckroll the trolling can be kept to a minimum in S2 OT. Duckroll did we mention how much we love you?

Neki

Negator said:
I'm quite pleased that the thread survived all of that, otherwise I would have never discovered this great show.

Hopefully now that we have Duckroll the trolling can be kept to a minimum in S2 OT. Duckroll did we mention how much we love you?

I don't think duckroll is the reason for the lack of trolling. Even if he wanted to be, I'm sure duckroll's trying to be as neutral as possible, because of being a mod and all. :p I doubt he's even looked at the topic since the end of the season. ;)

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
mazeedibeedi said:
I found this little gem :p

Its interesting to see how some gaffers, who originally had no interest in the show, slowly develop an interest for this show. Then they start posting regularly.

Indeed. I was actually surprised how the show stuck with me. I browsed the thread initially, and the sheer attention it was getting was enough to motivate me to watch the first episode. Though I didn't enjoy it that much, the animation style and overall feel of the show stuck with me, and I found myself drawn back to the thread again and again merely for the .gifs and screencaps to get more glimpses at the animation.

After a few weeks, I went back and started watching other episodes, beginning with the ones that seemed the most "popular" and moving onward. After a few episodes, I was officially hooked (I think Dragonshy and Dog and Pony Show got me the most of those I remember).

I think the show is really easy to pick up on, it's just that you have to give it a chance (or two, if you don't care too much for the first episode, which seems to be the usual consensus).

Nishastra said:
Man, no kidding. Things were really bad back then :p
Yes they were. I'm proud to say I've been a part of this thread since around page 3 (100ppp) even though I wasn't a full fledged brony then. I honestly thought the thread was going to get locked multiple times. We survived a thread name change, countless trolls and questionable content.

"THIS CALLS FOR A PARTY!" ~ PDP

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Jeez, reading through the first half of this thread is pretty rough. I only became a Brony about a month ago so I hadn't seen the majority of the trolling and hate.

I'll admit though, I lost it when I saw the reactions to Panda posting that comic.

daffy

Banned

Didn't know Lauren Faust left... well at least everyone else is still there. Kind of seems like a pony with its head cut off though, but whatever.

I hope this series doesn't go the way of Dexter's Lab

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
2th said:
not at all... MLP is anthropomorphizing ponies. in other words, giving human qualities to ponies. Furries on the other hand... um i dont think there are enough ways to properly express my hatred for anyone who wishes they were an animal and "yiffs". It is certainly not the same type of characterization at all.

But then again there are pony fans who think "they are ponies" too.

Also, do note that according to the internet, even people who just like anthro animals are furries, does that mean they practice that too? Hell, according to the internet, MLP fans are furries.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
meltingparappa said:
Just to keep things interesting and swallow the sadness of the apparent loss of G-Fex, the rest of the human ponies from that artist I posted earlier!

With a source, no less!

Why are unicorns black?

That's racist.

FTH said:
Didn't know Lauren Faust left... well at least everyone else is still there. Kind of seems like a pony with its head cut off though, but whatever.
Oh yikes, you didn't know? It's a pretty tough pill to swallow, but she was apparently there long enough for all the preliminary story meetings, so her stamp will still firmly be on every frame of the show.

tumblr_ll3tawqjTQ1qj4uij

Nishastra

Banned
Ookami-kun said:
Also, do note that according to the internet, even people who just like anthro animals are furries, does that mean they practice that too? Hell, according to the internet, MLP fans are furries.
Yeah, it's all a big dumb... thing.

Just the fact that not despising anthropomorphic stuff apparently means that you have sex in fur suits. Sometimes. Unless it's Star Fox. But if it is Star Fox, you have to make it very clear that you hate Krystal or you're back to being a fur-suit person :p

tiff said:
I've been here since page 2 but I don't know when the first time I actually said something about the show was.
I went and looked, and my first post was on page 30. I dunno when I actually started reading. I started off lurking like I usually do. It was before the title change, because I remember seeing the changed title and thinking "oh god".

meltingparappa said:
applejack
Seniorpony for life!

meltingparappa said:
Oh yikes, you didn't know? It's a pretty tough pill to swallow, but she was apparently there long enough for all the preliminary story meetings, so her stamp will still firmly be on every frame of the show.
Correct. She did fulfill her role for the second season before she left. Season 3 however... Well, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom