• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, comical.

Anyways, went to a local thrift store the other day and came across an odd puzzle.

fuRKi.jpg

(Not my picture)

It was tempting at 3 bucks, but it didn't have enough for me to consider on purchasing. And I'm not much of a puzzle guy anyways.

OMG Aero

Amibguous Cad said:
It does make one wonder, though: why do they have saddles and harnesses in Equestria, exactly?
Equestria is on a post-apocalyptic Earth. Something wiped out the humans and caused some animals to mutate and become intelligent, maybe nuclear bombs.
Saddles, harnesses and things like this:
GpydA.jpg

are relics of a world long forgotten.

Foxix Von

meltingparappa said:
Who WOULDN'T want three bales of hay on their notebook!

I think it's just one or two pages of stickers, and the rest is a coloring/activity book.

>_>

<_<

I suddenly have the urge to cover my laptop with Rainbow Dash.

NEO0MJ

How About No said:
Hey sweet I'm in there now

I'm not :(...
But then again I haven't posted anything of importance yet. Must find a roll...

tiff said:
lol at this still being a big deal.

As long as we keep them out of the gaming thread(at least till E3 week is over) we should be OK.

Calpain

Slamtastic said:
http://www.ponychan.net/chan/collab/res/5925.html

...my two current greatest interests combined on my birthday?
I saw that on Equestria Daily today! I remember those mock images for a MLP fighting game from awhile ago and I thought it would be pretty awesome. Can't believe someone is actually going through with it.

Supposedly there are going to be 17 playable characters with the main six playable from the start. Who do you guys think the other 11 will be and what would their special attacks be?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Calpain said:
I saw that on Equestria Daily today! I remember those mock images for a MLP fighting game from awhile ago and I thought it would be pretty awesome. Can't believe someone is actually going through with it.

Supposedly there are going to be 17 playable characters with the main six playable from the start. Who do you guys think the other 11 will be and what would their special attacks be?

Celestia - Something to do with the sun
Luna - Something to do with the moon
Trixie - Summoning an Ursa
Gilda - Some slashing juggling air combo
Applebloom - Apple barrage
Sweetebell - Sound attack
Scootaloo - Running them over with her scooter, or a rock ballad
Spike - Becomes knight spike
Zecora - Some voodoo spell
Buffalo-girl-thing - I got nothing

Edit:

Big Mac - Shor-ayup-Ken

Dai101

Banned
Calpain said:
Who do you guys think the other 11 will be and what would their special attacks be?

1. Cherilee
  2. 80's Cherilee
  3. Big Mac of course
  4. Spike
  5. The CMC's
  6. Luna
  7. Trollestia
  8. Nigthmare Moon
  9. Derpy
  10. DJ-P0N3
  11. Granny Smith

Zomba13

mazeedibeedi said:
Ok who posted ponies on 'The Contest" thread?
Just checked.
What amazes me is when anyone posts a pony picture of any kind (whether posted by someone who posts in this thread or not) the amount of people whining and bitching and moaning and fucking complaining causes more distraction than a stupid little gif or jpg with a fucking little cartoon pony.

Basically, what I'm saying is, GAF needs to man the fuck up.

OMG Aero

I would have thought ponies would be welcome in the contest thread. Who in their right mind would want to fap after seeing an adorable cartoon pony?
No-one answer this

Male Pinkie is adorable

EDIT: also found this megadeth/Art of the Dress mashup ("Art of the Thrash"). It's rough in a lot of spots, but I find the transposition of AotD into what (I think? I'm not very good at music) is a minor key is interesting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk3aeQae5Ys

EDIT2: I actually think the pics in the contest thread were treated appropriately. Someone made an on-topic joke with a pic, some people snarked about ponies in a thread about fapping, stuff died down. Then some idiot (is he even part of ponygaf? I don't think I've seen him around these parts) posts a "This thread is now about ponies" macro and people get ticked off because he's derailing discussion. These both look like perfectly reasonable reactions to me.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Calpain said:
Who do you guys think the other 11 will be and what would their special attacks be?
Let's see...

1 - Spike - White Knight Spirit
2 - Celestia - Solar Flare
3 - Nightmare Moon - Eternal Night
4 - Luna - Full Moon Blast
5 - Big Macintosh - Applebuck Combo
6 - Derpy Hooves - Muffin Storm
7 - CMC's - Creature Catch
8 - Trixie - Ultimate Illusion
9 - Blueblood - Noblesse Oblige
10 - Zecora - Evil Brew
11 - Spitfire - Blazing Flight

Secret character:

12 - Pinkamena Diane Pie - Party of One

Nishastra

Banned
Amibguous Cad said:
EDIT: also found this megadeth/Art of the Dress mashup ("Art of the Thrash"). It's rough in a lot of spots, but I find the transposition of AotD into what (I think? I'm not very good at music) is a minor key is interesting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk3aeQae5Ys
Huh :p

What a weird combination. I like most of it. The middle part was a little off.

Well, it's all a bit weird because I know Hangar 18 too well :p

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Myke Greywolf said:
Let's see...

1 - Spike - White Knight Spirit
2 - Celestia - Solar Flare
3 - Nightmare Moon - Eternal Night
4 - Luna - Full Moon Blast
5 - Big Macintosh - Applebuck Combo
6 - Derpy Hooves - Muffin Storm
7 - CMC's - Creature Catch
8 - Trixie - Ultimate Illusion
9 - Blueblood - Noblesse Oblige
10 - Zecora - Evil Brew
11 - Spitfire - Blazing Flight

Secret character:

12 - Pinkamena Diane Pie - Party of One

Blueblood out and Gilda - Griffon Scream in, and we may have a deal.

Calpain

Good news for UK fans! Looks like the show is hitting Cartoon Network starting late July.
Ponies to Launch in the UK
I wonder how much longer it will take to hit the rest of Europe? I know there is a Dutch episode that's been leaked so a release in other countries can't be far behind.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Since obviously

vlcsnap2011020218h06m16.jpg

obviously no other localization can be even remotely comparable to the original (and I'm actually afraid of the german one): I don't care :(

Calpain

Bufbaf said:
Since obviously

obviously no other localization can be even remotely comparable to the original (and I'm actually afraid of the german one): I don't care :(

Sadly, I agree with you. I wish dub quality in general would be better, but at least it would give the show more exposure.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
How will the UK take to Doctor Whooves.

At the very least they can help stop the spread of the stupid Colgate meme, and start calling her Romana or Susan like civilized people.
7ZHvb.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Amibguous Cad said:
So there's a pony MMO in development right now. I don't know much other than that they've got a cool logo, and that they've posted part of the soundtrack, and it sounds great! Really professional stuff, and it makes for great background listening even if the game never comes out.

The wide variety of creative talent within the MLP community will never cease to amaze me. I can't wait to see the finished version of this game and the fighting one posted right above you.

That said, this MP3 will be great Minecrafting music.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Bufbaf said:
Blueblood out and Gilda - Griffon Scream in, and we may have a deal.
Yes, you are quite right, I completely forgot about Gilda. Shame on me.

Bufbaf said:
Since obviously no other localization can be even remotely comparable to the original (and I'm actually afraid of the german one): I don't care :(
I'm curious about the portuguese localization because I personally know a voice actress who might become involved in doing this show. She's a very talented young woman and knows about the fandom associated with MLP. If she gets a part, I (kind of) trust her to transmit that knowledge to whoever gets to work with her, and I hope that the cast uses that to rise a step above phoning this dub in.

McNum

Calpain said:
Good news for UK fans! Looks like the show is hitting Cartoon Network starting late July.
Ponies to Launch in the UK
I wonder how much longer it will take to hit the rest of Europe? I know there is a Dutch episode that's been leaked so a release in other countries can't be far behind.
So Cartoon Network picked this one up for Europe? Excellent! I hope the Nordic Cartoon Network follows suit.

Narag

Pankaks said:
The wide variety of creative talent within the MLP community will never cease to amaze me. I can't wait to see the finished version of this game and the fighting one posted right above you.

No doubt. The sheer amount (and quality) of the fan created content astounds me.

Amibguous Cad said:
So there's a pony MMO in development right now. I don't know much other than that they've got a cool logo, and that they've posted part of the soundtrack, and it sounds great! Really professional stuff, and it makes for great background listening even if the game never comes out.
Is it related to this or are they different projects?
http://urimas.deviantart.com/ I adore that spike-run-walk test.

(Hopefully I'm not too late on this...)

So you've probably seen the other "DJ" versions of the cast, but there's a new one up.

Are you ready... for DJ D3RP?

If you get bored of the song, skip to the 3 minute mark.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I'll need a good night's sleep before I see any replies, but I could use some Pony-GAF hugs. Had a terrible day, feels like I'm at rock bottom.

Zomba13 said:
Basically, what I'm saying is, GAF needs to man the fuck up.
Pretty much this.
tiff said:
lol at this still being a big deal.
The thing is there are some Gaffers who will lose their shit whenever someone posts a pony picture and start blaming PonyGAF. They are still at this juvenile stage and we shouldn't do anything to make things worse for ourselves.

Calpain

Thnikkaman said:
I'll need a good night's sleep before I see any replies, but I could use some Pony-GAF hugs. Had a terrible day, feels like I'm at rock bottom.
A pony hug for you friend! Hope you feel better.

Dai101

Banned
Kulock said:

So you've probably seen the other "DJ" versions of the cast, but there's a new one up.

Oh god XD IM DIYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pancakes

New page? new ponies!

R9WfXl.jpg

p68Txl.jpg

Narag said:
http://urimas.deviantart.com/ I adore that spike-run-walk test.

Oh my god that run test. I need the finished game...naow!

Thnikkaman said:

I know that feeling man.

The last 6 months have been hell for me. But you have to remember no matter how grim life gets, it always gets better. Talking to family and friends also really helps.

Mx0FAl.jpg

3OeW9l.jpg

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Kulock said:

I had never seen this, thanks for sharing, and big LOL at Twilight. :D

Thnikkaman said:

Have some partying Spitfire, have some Jack Daniels, and feel better!

who__s_ready_to_party_hard__by_johnjoseco-d3g7nbf.jpg

mazeedibeedi said:
Pretty much this.

The thing is there are some Gaffers who will lose their shit whenever someone posts a pony picture and start blaming PonyGAF. They are still at this juvenile stage and we shouldn't do anything to make things worse for ourselves.

Again, I don't think we want to defend what happened in the contest thread. Someone posted an on-topic image, some people snarked at a pony being in a thread about (not) fapping, and discussion continued. Then someone tried to derail with, "this thread is now about ponies!" and people bitched at him. They were fine with reasonable usage of ponies and pissed at trolling and derailing usage of ponies.

tiff

Banned
Thnikkaman said:
I don't have a pony to post but I hope you feel better tomorrow :(

mazeedibeedi said:
If you're worried about juvenile stupidity then I don't understand why you wouldn't just avoid OT-GAF entirely.

Amibguous Cad said:
Again, I don't think we want to defend what happened in the contest thread. Someone posted an on-topic image, some people snarked at a pony being in a thread about (not) fapping, and discussion continued. Then someone tried to derail with, "this thread is now about ponies!" and people bitched at him. They were fine with reasonable usage of ponies and pissed at trolling and derailing usage of ponies.
I don't see what the big deal is. From what I saw a few people posted pony images and then a few people were like "ugh" and that was pretty much it.

tiff said:
If you're worried about juvenile stupidity then I don't understand why you wouldn't just avoid OT-GAF entirely.
All I'm saying is that we should avoid another PSN shenanigan. Looking back at it now, most users are just shrugging this off so its all good.

RomanticHeroX said:
I think I'm finally ready to make a pony list

1. Rainbow Dash
2. Scootaloo
3. Spitfire
4. Everyone else
I'm saying this in the nicest way possible...

WTF IS THIS BALONEY!?!?!

Seriously, I'm just playin'. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom