• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
tiff said:
Sexualized pictures of ponies: just trying to fit in guys.
post a hot chick in a skimpy hockey uniform in a sports thread, see what happens.

for some reason you weirdos dont act the same for ponies.

tiff

Banned
Pandaman said:
post a hot chick in a skimpy hockey uniform in a sports thread, see what happens.

for some reason you weirdos dont act the same for ponies.
Hey, don't lump me in with everyone else. I like everything you post :)

Good catch.

HAHAHAHA
Sc6p2.jpg

akira28

Mirimar said:
Hmm, he should have done pre-rainboom filly Pinkie Pie, would've been better
Insn't that Pinkamena right next to party-Pinkie right there? The only dual one. Looks good.

I'm really excited about the Pony fighter, guys. Really. It could be so kick-ass.

Also, Team Luna.

edit:

holycow, dat human Celestia.

jogarrr

meltingparappa said:
You can reinstall Windows but you can never reinstall the futa memories.
So, futa this, futa that. I had to google to find out what that is. Thought the Wikipedia link would be nice and safe...

Nishastra said:
I follow the Thiessens (one of the directors and his wife, who storyboarded Winter Wrap-up and At The Gala) on Twitter. There was casting recently for more pony voices.

They also apparently discovered the "Bronyville" podcast recently.

Kinda weird, but I'll certainly accept them acknowledging our existence :p

I hope this means some of the popular background ponies will have a bigger role in S2. Doctor Whoof bettter have a British accent!

Anyway, apparently Cartoon Network Europe is getting the show. I'm excited that more people will get to watch it legally. But I'm kinda worried that CN will be more aggressive with Youtube videos. *shrug* Oh well, we'll see.

Vacationing here in Hawaii, meeting some family for the first time. Was able to hook my half-brother and half-sister to the show. The latter being a lot like Scootaloo, a young tomboy, being very skeptical of something so GIRLY.

McNum

Choppasmith said:
I hope this means some of the popular background ponies will have a bigger role in S2. Doctor Whoof bettter have a British accent!

Anyway, apparently Cartoon Network Europe is getting the show. I'm excited that more people will get to watch it legally. But I'm kinda worried that CN will be more aggressive with Youtube videos. *shrug* Oh well, we'll see.

Vacationing here in Hawaii, meeting some family for the first time. Was able to hook my half-brother and half-sister to the show. The latter being a lot like Scootaloo, a young tomboy, being very skeptical of something so GIRLY.
Ooh, confirmation that the show is coming to Denmark this summer? My DVR is ready. It'll probably be sent at a time where I can't watch it anyway, but I can record it to watch later.

jogarrr said:
So, futa this, futa that. I had to google to find out what that is. Thought the Wikipedia link would be nice and safe...

Oh! Just to let you know, you should never google "futa". Just thought I'd let you know.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

2th

Banned
OMG Aero said:
Same here. I am willing to plaster ponies all over my online accounts but not let real life friends know yet. Although I am going over to my friend's house to watch some E3 conferences next week, so maybe if I happen to see a good pony gif in an E3 thread while I'm there that could be a good opportunity to tell them about the show.

this is why i wish i had an MLP tshirt. so i could take pictures of myself at E3 spreading the gospel of Celestia.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
When does the Tube thingie start again?

edit: Thanks :) wasn't sure if it's now or in an hour.

OMG Aero

Ookami-kun said:
At worst, they could probably just ban the channels on specific countries.

Hey ponygaf, should I do manual avatar rotation? Here's a bunch I made. And if you're interested, back then I made some Star Fox avatars too! :D
I didn't have a problem with any of these until I got to Reshiram.
Reshiram with muscles just looks weird.

Bufbaf said:
When does the Tube thingie start again?
Starts in about 50 minutes time. We'll be watching Dragonshy and Look Before You Sleep and this will be the last time I mention it I swear, but Dragonshy is the best first episode for someone who has never watched before so feel free to join us if you are a poster or lurker who is curious about ponies.
http://www.synchtube.com/r/PonyGAF

Chuck

Still without luck
OMG Aero said:
Starts in about 50 minutes time. We'll be watching Dragonshy and Look Before You Sleep and this will be the last time I mention it I swear, but Dragonshy is the best first episode for someone who has never watched before so feel free to join us if you are a poster or lurker who is curious about ponies.
http://www.synchtube.com/r/PonyGAF

You should join our Facebook group, if you haven't already, and make an event each week to help avoid confusion.

CHEEZMO™ said:
Watch your dirty fucking mouth.
<3

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
ChuckNoLuck said:
Says the guy with an avatar of one of the worst characters from the Simpsons.
You can hate on my avatar all you want, but for gods sake you leave Lenny out of this. The man's a veteran!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Well, today was an interesting day for me.

Most of you guys probably don't know this, but I'm vice-president of Anipop, a portuguese association dedicated to the appreciation of japanese pop-culture, although I haven't been very active on that function ever since my son was born.

So, yeah, we're the gravitational center for a large part of my country's weeaboo activity, since we help put together a lot of fan-organized events. The group comprising Anipop's direction also happens to be one of my main circles of friends, and one where I have very successfully introduced MLP:FiM fandom: most of the core members of Anipop are now MLP:FiM fans, some of them even more enthusiastic than I am!

Today, Anipop was helping with an K-Pop themed event at Lisbon's public youth hostel, organized by a good friend of ours (not yet a pony fan). Since we knew that most of Ponipop was going to be there to help, and we also knew that there was going to be a fully-equipped karaoke stage, we reached the only possible conclusion.

Yup, six of us hijacked the karaoke stage to sing "Winter Wrap Up" with a full cast. Badly, of course, since most of us aren't very good singers and we hadn't rehearsed together at all - but isn't that what karaoke is all about?

Unfortunately, most of the audience had already left that stage to go watch the quiz show in the theatre room, and those who hadn't, left at that time. Since we had no spectators left, we just abused the opportunity to fit in as much pony music as we could, including "Art of the Dress", "At the Gala", "Giggle at the Ghostie", much to the amusement of the hostel's personnel. We left the stage totally sated.

And afterwards, we had cupcakes. Can you imagine a more perfect way to spend an afternoon?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Curse you real life obligations.

I'm missing MLG and Ponytube :(.

OMG Aero

And we are live. The actual episodes start in about 7 minutes.
ChuckNoLuck said:
You should join our Facebook group, if you haven't already, and make an event each week to help avoid confusion.
This does sound like a great idea, but there are some people on my Facebook friends list that I'm not sure I want them to know about ponies. Is there a way to keep the groups you are part of private?

Foxix Von

tiff said:
lol if you're making a conscious decision not to fap how do you not last at least a week?

My condolences. I was pretty worried because I've been building this collection over the course of, like, seven years, I don't want to have to start over :(

Some men, such as myself, are incredibly weak willed.

2th

Banned
Myke Greywolf said:
Yup, six of us hijacked the karaoke stage to sing "Winter Wrap Up" with a full cast. Badly, of course, since most of us aren't very good singers and we hadn't rehearsed together at all - but isn't that what karaoke is all about?

Unfortunately, most of the audience had already left that stage to go watch the quiz show in the theatre room, and those who hadn't, left at that time. Since we had no spectators left, we just abused the opportunity to fit in as much pony music as we could, including "Art of the Dress", "At the Gala", "Giggle at the Ghostie", much to the amusement of the hostel's personnel. We left the stage totally sated.

And afterwards, we had cupcakes. Can you imagine a more perfect way to spend an afternoon?

dear sweet god why didnt you get video of this? it would have been great!

also that sounds like it would have been a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom