• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpbaa

TheExodu5 said:
Are you so insecure about your manhood that you think it's wrong to watch a kid's show? Come on.

I've watched spongebob. It's one thing like that, but to like something intended for little girls, yeesh. It's like Smithers and his Malibu Stacy collection. Even if he was real, he'd still be less creepy than this.

SpeedySwaf said:
There actually aren't any plans for DVD's or the like at the moment. That could change, but just letting you know.
Of course not. -_- I see that they have episodes on iTunes but fuck Apple.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Why is everybody saying it's wrong to love a kid show? Have any of you watched Fairly Odd Parents?

Or how about ReBoot? It's a kid's show, yet any man I know, every geek I know that's over 16 loves it. Or Beast Wars?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Trent Strong said:
Not at threads are created equal. Horrifically offensive threads deserve to be trolled. You have been judged.

It's not like people were posting ponies licking each other's tails (well, until Pandaman).

TheExodu5

Banned
Pimpbaa said:
I've watched spongebob. It's one thing like that, but to like something intended for little girls, yeesh. It's like Smithers and his Malibu Stacy collection. Even if he was real, he'd still be less creepy than this.

And what makes it that this show can only be enjoyed by girls? Granted I've only seen 2 episodes, but I've seen no subject matter that is even gender biased one bit. The characters may be girls, but the story, animation, and charm of the show are things anyone can enjoy.

South Park may be a show made for young adult males, but there's nothing wrong about women watching it.

BY2K said:
Why is everybody saying it's wrong to love a kid show? Have any of you watched Fairly Odd Parents?

Or how about ReBoot? It's a kid's show, yet any man I know, every geek I know that's over 16 loves it. Or Beast Wars?

ReBoot is amazing. <3

Risette

A Good Citizen
Am I the only one that finds it funny that the MLP detractors are being more immature than people who watch MY LITTLE PONY?

daffy

Banned
Pimpbaa said:
How about you all show a bit of maturity and stop being manchildren.
milhousegaf2.jpg

Pimpbaa said:
The pony avatars already annoyed me in other threads. So I am quite happy you weirdos are getting trolled here.
Mr. Mature right here folks!

VAIL

BY2K said:

bububububu it's a kids show for "girls"

The title change is bullshit, as is people getting their panties in a twist by being annoyed by avatars and the like...but what's done is done and trolls are gonna troll...and sadly, get away with it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Snuggler said:
So is this the official fan club for the show? Are we not allowed to have our own opinion on it? This is open for everyone to share their thoughts.

Generally, if you watch something and don't like it you move on.

There are plenty of examples in this thread of people who watched it, didn't care for it, posted their thoughts and moved on. The debate was usually civil, if at all. They didn't keep watching and trolling the thread.

lexi

Banned
Master Milk said:
Isn't the OT as a whole more lax than the gaming side?

That aside, most of this "trolling" could be easily dealt with if you guys just stopped responding to it.

If y'all are ever able to get the thread back on track, you could probably have the title changed back in a few days. Assuming, of course, you learn how to better deal with the "trolls" that definitely aren't going away. This show, and seemingly most fans, are too easy targets. Where's a deal with it gif when you need one.

We dealt with it fine until the title changed. The title invites them with wide open arms, with totally sanctioned trolling, free from any sort of action from mods. Other threads that get trolled gets people banned.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Pimpbaa said:

You are assuming everyone here faps to pony plushies and has walls decorated with pink and rainbows.

I mean, maybe Mike does (sorry Mike!), but some of us genuinely liked the show for what it was trying to do: simple plots with great character interactions and superb animation. And it's not like we could discuss this shit, well, anywhere else. So it was nice to have a focused thread for it, just like how there are threads for Young Justice, Super Sentai, and freaking Power Rangers.

I'm outta this thread before the bans begin. It was fun, PonyGAF. Hopefully things calm down.

Pimpbaa

BY2K said:

Not a whole lot of avatars from those shows. The people here seem to be a bit too obsessive of this show.

BY2K said:

Those may have been good shows, but you have to account for the nostalgia factor. Plus none of those shows are aimed exclusively at little girls, which is mostly what people are going on about.

I agree with you though, a well made kid's show can be enjoyable to anyone and MLP is an excellent kids show. I've watched a couple episodes and it's not my cup of tea, but it's not hard to see why people enjoy it.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Pimpbaa said:
Not a whole lot of avatars from those shows. The people here seem to be a bit too obsessive of this show.
And why does an avatar indicate obsession? Can't I say the same thing about you and the Simpsons? Do you like Milhouse a little too much?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
FTH said:
isn't just an opinion. It's not just a thought. It's an insult. You don't bring anything to the conversation with that. If you said that in a real life conversation I'd walk away from you.

Just breaking balls, you can't be so sensitive. When people see you react like that, they'll keep poking at you.

TheExodu5

Banned
Pimpbaa said:

People are just having fun with it, and the legitimately impressive animation is very avatar friendly.

PhoncipleBone said:
LOL

Anyways, where online can I catch the show? I am curious to give it a whirl.
As said before, YouTube has them all up. The user pensivepony usually has them up a few hours after airing, and in relatively good quality.

Hasbro's been pretty lax with their shows being online.

dream

Thnikkaman said:
And why does an avatar indicate obsession? Can't I say the same thing about you and the Simpsons? Do you like Milhouse a little too much?

I bet he wouldn't have a nervous breakdown if someone posted a picture of Bart and Lisa kissing.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Snuggler said:
Just breaking balls, you can't be so sensitive. When people see you react like that, they'll keep poking at you.
Good thing for all to keep in mind.

dream said:
I bet he wouldn't have a nervous breakdown if someone posted a picture of Bart and Lisa kissing.
And I seriously don't think that way based on anyone's avatar. Anyone on Gaf.

Shalashaska161 said:
Those may have been good shows, but you have to account for the nostalgia factor. Plus none of those shows are aimed exclusively at little girls, which is mostly what people are going on about.

I agree with you though, a well made kid's show can be enjoyable to anyone and MLP is an excellent kids show. I've watched a couple episodes and it's not my cup of tea, but it's not hard to see why people enjoy it.
One of the best and most intelligent posts made about the quality of the show itself I have seen in a page or two.

Poyunch

Pimpbaa said:
Community GAF got shunned for their excessive avatar usage as well. Do avatars really bother people that much?

Clevinger

TheExodu5 said:
And what makes it that this show can only be enjoyed by girls? Granted I've only seen 2 episodes, but I've seen no subject matter that is even gender biased one bit. The characters may be girls, but the story, animation, and charm of the show are things anyone can enjoy.

ReBoot is amazing. <3

It's probably deeply rooted from when they were kids and conditioned to think that a boy liking anything remotely effeminate makes you a "faggot".

PounchEnvy said:
Community GAF got shunned for their excessive avatar usage as well. Do avatars really bother people that much?
They did, even by me and I made the OT for the current season of Community. But you didn't see as much blatant trolling on that end.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
lets assume that im everything everyone for the last few pages thinks i am.

how does that effect ponygaf to the point where it must be seen as a collective failing of the group? it doesn't, if I'm fapping in a closet to ponies than that is a failure that does not and should not reflect negatively on anyone else. this is the problem with the title change, because even i was the creep you guys all want me to be, that still wouldn't legitimize the trolling of everyone associated with the series.

the people who have hopped onto this title change are being abusive for abusiveness sake, i quite clearly do not represent the norm of pony gaf and if my actions have somehow legitimized the renewed trolling of the shows honest fans, then i do apologize to those fans.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Shalashaska161 said:
1.Those may have been good shows, but you have to account for the nostalgia factor. 2.Plus none of those shows are aimed exclusively at little girls, which is mostly what people are going on about.

1. So it would have been alright if I had watched that show if I was a little 9 years old boy at the time, and would still be watching it today?
2. The creator of the show herself said that show wasn't created only for girls, but also for parents who would watch the show with those girls.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the second part of your post.

dream

I have it on good authority that the real Trent Strong is a pastry baking pony named Cuppycake, if that changes your mind.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Last post for a while I swear.

Pandaman said:
lets assume that im everything everyone for the last few pages thinks i am.

how does that effect ponygaf to the point where it must be seen as a collective failing of the group? it doesn't, if I'm fapping in a closet to ponies than that is a failure that does not and should not reflect negatively on anyone else. this is the problem with the title change, because even i was the creep you guys all want me to be, that still wouldn't legitimize the trolling of everyone associated with the series.

the people who have hopped onto this title change are being abusive for abusiveness sake, i quite clearly do not represent the norm of pony gaf and if my actions have somehow legitimized the renewed trolling of the shows honest fans, then i do apologize to those fans.

You're so tsundere sometimes. moé~

PhoncipleBone said:
They did, even by me and I made the OT for the current season of Community. But you didn't see as much blatant trolling on that end.

That's because the fans weren't all man-children that fought every "insult" someone hurled.

Best way to move on from the trolls and such is to vacate the thread for a few days and let it run its course. Longer you defend it the more ammo people have. And there's already a ton of ammo. If you're going to love baby shows you should expect some ridicule. Accept it and move on.

Aaron

Pimpbaa said:
Spongebob is intended for very young children, so you must be a pedophile.

I'm not a fan of My Little Pony, but it seems to be a well made show, so why do you have to be an asshole shitting up a thread for people who have done nothing to you? With how bad the world already is, why do you feel the need to stomp on someone's innocent fun? Because that's the act of a selfish child.

Pimpbaa

PounchEnvy said:

Sometimes. At least the pony avatars are not as bad as the moe/loli avatars.

Dear Tyler "EviLore" Malka,

For years I have been an active contributor to the Neo Gaming Age Forums (Believe!) community. I've laughed at the memes, watched the megatons, and cried at the bombas. NeoGAF has came to be a place I call "home."

But in the wee hours of Monday, March 14, 2011, a grave injustice was committed. Though the culprit remains unknown, spmepony on the moderation or administration staff changed the title of the official "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" thread to, "Staring at ponies is bad for your health (NSFA)." This mockery and degrading attitude towards your userbase is insulting, and frankly, unwise.

Though suitable for children, the (mis)-adventures of Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, and the oh-so-lovable Applejack were hilarious and enjoyable by all age groups. Bonds of friendship (is magic) were forged over this show, and this was expressed in our many avatars. Yet some immature naysayer disrupted our equine discussion and invited childish trolls into our midst.

This crime can be corrected. Revert the thread title back immediately. NeoGAF is supported by ad dollars, and if you alienate the My Little Pony community, the consequences may be dire for your traffic. Anypony in a responsible position of leadership would make the right choice. Choose wisely.

May Your Oats Be Fresh,
Pony-Age

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
ive mulled it over and i think the thread title change stuff as of late has been pretty un-gaf-like. the selena gomez thing thread was one thing since i remember it having a ton of pictures of barely legal or underage girls, but this and the kpop thread are just people liking harmless whatever. power to yall.

lexi said:
We dealt with it fine until the title changed. The title invites them with wide open arms, with totally sanctioned trolling, free from any sort of action from mods. Other threads that get trolled gets people banned.
I was under the impression the title change didn't come about until after the thread got derailed by that stupid image Panda posted, that so many people unnecessarily reacted to.

The words "My Little Pony" invited them with open arms. The title change draws people hear that were thinking this was the boob thread.

I understand you guys would rather not have people coming in here making jokes and "trolling" and all that, but that's not going to happen, because you're not getting trolled. People have different opinions and are poking fun at the fact that grown men and watching a show made for little girls. If this thread is going to continue to exist, people are gonna have to learn to deal with it.

dream

EmCeeGramr said:
Dear Tyler "EviLore" Malka,

For years I have been an active contributor to the Neo Gaming Age Forums (Believe!) community. I've laughed at the memes, watched the megatons, and cried at the bombas. NeoGAF has came to be a place I call "home."

But in the wee hours of Monday, March 14, 2011, a grave injustice was committed. Though the culprit remains unknown, spmepony on the moderation or administration staff changed the title of the official "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" thread to, "Staring at ponies is bad for your health (NSFA)." This mockery and degrading attitude towards your userbase is insulting, and frankly, unwise.

Though suitable for children, the (mis)-adventures of Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, and the oh-so-lovable Applejack were hilarious and enjoyable by all age groups. Bonds of friendship (is magic) were forged over this show, and this was expressed in our many avatars. Yet some immature naysayer disrupted our equine discussion and invited childish trolls into our midst.

This crime can be corrected. Revert the thread title back immediately. NeoGAF is supported by ad dollars, and if you alienate the My Little Pony community, the consequences may be dire for your traffic. Anypony in a responsible position of leadership would make the right choice. Choose wisely.

May Your Oats Be Fresh,
Pony-Age

Holy fucking shit I miss :lol right now.

Cmon, even you pony people have to think that's hilarious.

lexi

Banned
TheLegendary said:
That's because the fans weren't all man-children that fought every "insult" someone hurled.

Best way to move on from the trolls and such is to vacate the thread for a few days and let it run its course. Longer you defend it the more ammo people have. And there's already a ton of ammo. If you're going to love baby shows you should expect some ridicule. Accept it and move on.

I see, we're subject to different standard from the rest of the forum. The rest of the forum don't 'vacate' their threads and wait for it to stop. Show me an NFL thread where the majority of the discussion is about how much NFL sucks and how people are gay for watching it.

At this point I'm not angry at the trolls but rather the double standard that is occurring. Why is this thread subject to different rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom