• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Pimpbaa said:
I wasn't insinuating he wasn't an adult, I meant that he must have a more perverse interest in the show.
ok, but i am insinuating that you're not an adult.

almost any man that is obsessively attacked will get obsessively defensive. that's human nature, you'll realize that as you grow up.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
moonspeak said:
Magical Ponies. Serious business.

Apparently.

moonspeak.gif

Snuggler said:
what is your stance on Care Bears?

Care Bear Stare would take out the trolls no problem.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm still no brony, but I sympathize with you guys. You don't deserve this ridicule and you didn't deserve Panda coming and taking a dump on this thread.

Dresden

ZealousD said:
I'm still no brony, but I sympathize with you guys. You don't deserve this ridicule and you didn't deserve Panda coming and taking a dump on this thread.
last I looked at this thread, it was on ten pages or so. >.> what happened?

G-Fex said:
im having a laugh right now

I don't know why you're laughing. Maybe it's a manical laugh of rage, but I still consider you to be my homie, my ace and my caucasian even if the feeling isnt' mutual. So go ahead and enjoy your pony show, I'll stop hating on it.

Pimpbaa

-COOLIO- said:

almost any man that is obsessively attacked will get obsessively defensive. that's human nature, you'll realize that as you grow up.

Well I apparently I haven't grown up yet at the age of 35, I guess I never will.

You better check yo self before you wreck yo self
Cos I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
Droppin bombs on ya moms, fuck car alarms

daffy

Banned
Pimpbaa said:
Well I apparently I haven't grown up yet at the age of 35, I guess I never will.
Trolling on a messageboard with a Milhouse avatar at 35 is more embarrassing than watching MLP, you should feel ashamed young man.

PhoncipleBone said:
Finally read the op and saw who the person making the show is. Knowing who is making it actually interests me. Pretty good background.
Same reason I started watching it, too. Person in another forum posted a link, mentioned who made it, peaked my curiosity, so I started watching it. The pilot was better than expected, so I stuck with the show through now. And they've done very good work since.

It's a nice, relaxing show. I realize the target audience, but if that sort of thing was always going to bother you, it'd be almost impossible to enjoy anything on TV that's animated, as almost everything is "aimed" at a preteen crowd. Hell, even The Last Airbender was supposed to be aimed at the 10-11 crowd.

Kaizer

Banned
I don't particularly get the fandom over this show but I'm not about to diss or bash anyone who enjoys it. I'll admit the Title Change has me rolling but it's kinda messed up how these guys are getting trolled. I mean, I'm an anime and manga fan but nobody goes to those threads and belittles them for watching or reading something like Naruto which is aimed at 10-12 years olds when we're all in our late teens/20s/30s and up.

Foxix Von

Pandaman said:
lets assume that im everything everyone for the last few pages thinks i am.

how does that effect ponygaf to the point where it must be seen as a collective failing of the group? it doesn't, if I'm fapping in a closet to ponies than that is a failure that does not and should not reflect negatively on anyone else. this is the problem with the title change, because even i was the creep you guys all want me to be, that still wouldn't legitimize the trolling of everyone associated with the series.

the people who have hopped onto this title change are being abusive for abusiveness sake, i quite clearly do not represent the norm of pony gaf and if my actions have somehow legitimized the renewed trolling of the shows honest fans, then i do apologize to those fans.

After reading all of your responses I think I understand where you're coming from better, and no I don't think your a creep. I think your getting a lot of unfair and undeserved blame/scrutiny put on you just due to bad timing and a great deal of overreaction.

I don't really think any of this is your fault. You posted a reasonable counter argument for your views and one that I can understand to an extent despite seeing it from a slightly different angle. However I sincerely doubt that anything you post could detract from someone's enjoyment of the fandom/tv show. If it has in anyway diminished their enjoyment then they are very, very sensitive people and should really grow some thicker skin. I don't in any way put blame on you for what's happening here.

If there is anyone to blame for what's become of this thread it's the mod who decided to change the title to something FAR less than optimal for friendly discussion and then failing to moderate the thread and abandon their duties.

Nikashi

Banned
-COOLIO- said:

This is the same Pimpbaa who got his ass banned on at least one occasion for calling everyone in a different thread 'pedo-sympathizers' or something for disagreeing with him, he's clearly got huge issues in regards to certain topics, mostly pedophilia and (supposed) sexual perversion.

But it's okay, people who have huge chips on their shoulder about homosexuality never end up being gay, so Pimpbaa is DEFINITELY not a closet perv.

dream said:
Holy fucking shit I miss :lol right now.

Cmon, even you pony people have to think that's hilarious.
I fucking lost it at the valediction of that letter. Been an interesting last few pages for sure. If I had popcorn I'd be popping and eating it right now lols.

Pimpbaa

Nikashi said:
This is the same Pimpbaa who got his ass banned on at least one occasion for calling everyone in a different thread 'pedo-sympathizers' or something for disagreeing with him, he's clearly got huge issues in regards to certain topics, mostly pedophilia and (supposed) sexual perversion.

But it's okay, people who have huge chips on their shoulder about homosexuality never end up being gay, so Pimpbaa is DEFINITELY not a closet perv.

Are you equating homosexuality with pedophilia? That's wrong man! Anyway, the person that banned me isn't a mod anymore, probably cause he was a pedo sympathizer
lol

Songbird

Prodigal Son
EmCeeGramr said:
I am whinnying in disgust over here. Can we NOT bring up Care Bears? Serious My Little Pony discussion only please.
Oh, please. The lines you're trotting out aren't even getting responses now. Canter you take your hate elsewhere? :mad:

G-Fex

Trent Strong said:
I don't know why you're laughing. Maybe it's a manical laugh of rage, but I still consider you to be my homie, my ace and my caucasian even if the feeling isnt' mutual. So go ahead and enjoy your pony show, I'll stop hating on it.

meh I don't care anymore.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
The crazies in the "I spend rent on my jeans" thread learned to completely ignore people making fun of them, you ponyites need to do the same if you hope to survive because the mockery is not going to stop, it's just too easy a target.

Kaizer said:
I don't particularly get the fandom over this show but I'm not about to diss or bash anyone who enjoys it. I'll admit the Title Change has me rolling but it's kinda messed up how these guys are getting trolled. I mean, I'm an anime and manga fan but nobody goes to those threads and belittles them for watching or reading something like Naruto which is aimed at 10-12 years olds when we're all in our late teens/20s/30s and up.
They get trolled all the time. They usually never amount to more than drive by trolls because most people just ignore them.

Thnikkaman said:
Oh, please. The lines you're trotting out aren't even getting responses now. Canter you take your hate elsewhere? :mad:
Hold your horses, I was just trying to rein it in. Don't saddle me with expectations, or people will be chomping at the bit to see my next [horse pun]

I don't know where Im going to insert it, but godamn am I going to try to get "May Your Oats Always be Fresh" to be adopted by the MLP community at large as a valediction

lexi

Banned
I'm going to stop posting until this dies down. Maybe when the thread is just insecure fuckwits patting each other on the back, they'll get bored and go troll somewhere else.

Thanks EvilLore for the thread title, btw.

Steamlord

Pony-GAF, what better way to deal with this problem than to clear out and watch a few episodes while this dies down? We'll be doing something we enjoy, and the trolls will become bored with the empty thread.

Sonic Rainboom, here I come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom