• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Tinychat madness
6s2yD.png
[/URL]

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Ultimoo said:
Is Civ4 any good? Civ5 looked fun but my laptop can't play it, lol.
I haven't touched 5, and haven't keep up to date on how they are updating it (or still are updating for that matter) but besides looking nicer and becoming more streamlined, it's weak compared to all the options 4 offers also, the AI is/was broken in 5, so players could always play how they wanted to play.

It may look imitating if you are new to Civilization but if you just spend some time learning how to play, you can easily sink so many hours on a single play. If you consider value by playtime an importance, you can't go wrong with a Civ game.

McNum

Civ 4 is prety good. It's also a good enough starting point for Civ. I know, because that's where I started. Just set the AI to something stupid and mess around with how to build cities, units and such in your first game. Read the Civilopedia entries for the stuff you can build. Take it slowly and it will make sense all of a sudden.

Also, free gameplay tip: Catherine the Great. If you share religions, she's your bestest buddy in the whole wide world. If you DON'T share religions... then I hope you like holy wars with Russia. A lot of holy wars. Really, kill Russia if you don't share religions, you don't want to see her with nukes. She the second most nuke-happy other than Gandhi. (Inside Civ joke.)

Finally, if you do get Civ 4, you should do this: Start the game. Let the main menu appear. Do nothing. Enjoy the Emmy award winning title song "Baba Yetu". Quite possibly one of the greatest original songs in video games of all time.

McNum

The first time Gandhi declares war on you, you go "WTF?" The first time he nukes you, you begin to wonder if that's a bug. No, it's intentional. Gandhi is an overall nice AI, if you stay friendly with him, but he'll declare war on you over the slightest grievance. And he just loves the Big Red Button.

McNum

Nishastra said:
"Nuclear weaponry is its own reward."
If we're going to have out of context quotes in OT2, I nominate this one. I love that the topic can go from My Little Pony to the joys of nuclear weapons like that.

Ladies and Gentlemen of PonyGAF

I am not one of you, but I stand with you. You have the right to like what you like, as long as you hurt no one, or indulge in morally questionable behaviour. The source material is innocent, and your images are as well (at least in this thread, excepting Pandaman's occasional excursions).

That said, lay down your arms, and your image macros. You only feed the trolls, and make it more dangerous for you to wear your avatars. Besides, you fuel the contention that pony images are posted everywhere, and obnoxiously. You and I know that this is not true, but overloading a thread, even if it is a MLP Troll thread, does not help your case.

You need every bit of high ground. Don't give up an inch, even for a chuckle.

Best of luck.

Edit:

WTF is with those pony... plushies? Guys, seriously, no.

Just no.

Neki

which pony plushies are you referring to?

edit: it's already a troll thread, we're well past the point of reasonable argument basically. we already have jenga, g-fex and dream together in there, the axis of evil basically.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
FlightOfHeaven said:
Ladies and Gentlemen of PonyGAF

I am not one of you, but I stand with you. You have the right to like what you like, as long as you hurt no one, or indulge in morally questionable behaviour. The source material is innocent, and your images are as well (at least in this thread, excepting Pandaman's occasional excursions).

That said, lay down your arms, and your image macros. You only feed the trolls, and make it more dangerous for you to wear your avatars. Besides, you fuel the contention that pony images are posted everywhere, and obnoxiously. You and I know that this is not true, but overloading a thread, even if it is a MLP Troll thread, does not help your case.

You need every bit of high ground. Don't give up an inch, even for a chuckle.

Best of luck.
86kEE.png

Chavelo

Ultimoo said:
which pony plushies are you referring to?

edit: it's already a troll thread, we're well past the point of reasonable argument basically. we already have jenga, g-fex and dream together in there, the axis of evil basically.

I think he means this.

22370%20-%20custom%20pillow%20tagme%20Vonal_Scrotch.png

No new ground in the troll thread. Generally more pleasant than the last one though. Why, it's almost as everyone is getting used to the show and no longer losing their minds. :p

We should graph these threads in terms of "troll per page" and chart how people come to realize it's not worth freaking out over.

God forbid someone realize that say... "Tangled" may or may not have been marketed to a similar demographic and that thread explodes.

Edit: those plushes are hilarious, just because they're adorably wonky.

I want to ask in the Wired thread if people would think differently if the show wasn't about ponies.

Anybody got any human ponies lying around?

Look, guys, come on. Please.

Please. I'll defend those unjustifiably persecuted, hated, and occasionally oppressed, but don't make this harder for me than it has to be.

Also, "Tangled" is an excellent example.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
FlightOfHeaven said:

Please. I'll defend those unjustifiably persecuted, hated, and occasionally oppressed, but don't make this harder for me than it has to be.

Okay, but only because you asked nicely.

Neki

FlightOfHeaven said:

I'm not sure what you're asking us to do here. Just to stop posting? You don't need to defend us either if you don't want to, we're not asking you of anything here. :p Our time would be better spent playing LoL. ;)

FlightOfHeaven said:
So are "videogames" to the majority of people on the planet, so you'd think people would see the irony...

Also thanks for being a stand-up guy in that thread, by the way.

Acerac

Banned
Such a fun thread you guys are missing. Much of OT that has missed us before is getting to see us loving and tolerating the shit out of some trolls. :)

It's weird to think that there are people who will literally go into every thread OT, and if they don't come to an immediate agreement then EVERYONE MUST KNOW THEY ARE WRONG!

Ultimoo said:
I'm not sure what you're asking us to do here. Just to stop posting? You don't need to defend us either if you don't want to, we're not asking you of anything here. :p Our time would be better spent playing LoL. ;)

Oh, I meant to not post "human ponies" or macros, since it seems to fuel the fire.

I do admit that the example posted in the thread is... well, actually, it's pretty good. The style was charming.

I'm also aware that no one is asking me to do this, but I do it because I feel that I am compelled to. My family and I have personal histories with people who were oppressed, and my parents personally faced discrimination because of who they were when they were younger.

My dad was separated from a girlfriend because he was hispanic and she was white. My mom wanted to be a police officer but was barred from doing so because her family told her that was "a man's job," and found her a job as a flight stewardess.

Those are just two personal examples. There are other people that my family has helped out throughout the years, so I've been raised in that environment. Gay families in the neighborhood that were heckled and even had their homes invaded, immigrates (illegal and no) who went through rough times, and Muslims who had their mosque defaced have all been helped out by my parents or I.

So why do I help you guys out when you're trolled? Because I have to, just as I must breathe or eat. If I saw plenty of other people who are NOT a part of PonyGAF defending you, I actually wouldn't bother, because that means you guys have lots of other people to accept you. But I don't see that, so I step in.

I'd do the same for TransGAF, GayGAF, GirlGAF, SentaiGAF, or any other segment I'd see unjustly harassed and with no defender in sight. Fortunately, those other subcultures have a reasonable amount of the community on their side and plenty of support from the mods. GAF is one of the most mature boards I've seen, so I don't feel the need to step it up often.

But I do here.

And now I've typed too much. I really should go back to studying.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Another good one (though I associate Vinyl Scratch Color scheme with Foxix). You don't do many Pegasus ponies. Hard to draw the wings or just matching type to person?

Pegasus Ponies are best ponies after all. Well, them and the Pegacorns.

Acerac

Banned
Nishastra said:
I'm not really "missing" it. I make a habit of not posting in those kinds of threads, though :p
Understandable. ^^;

It seems that the majority of posters in the last page are from this thread though, so perhaps my statement about missing out on the fun was inaccurate.

Uchip said:
im guessing you havent played LoL with each other yet

I dunno his LoL name.

Also I am terribad at that game. I wouldn't mind so much if it didn't mean you guys lose alongside me.

Edit: For the past few weeks/months, I was on nightly. I only invite people if they add me, and only if they let me know they are a GAFfer in the thread. I'm actually one of the GAFfers who organize games regularly. Let me know what your name is, add me (SouthernDragon), and I'll invite you next time I am on.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Myke Greywolf said:
PONY-GAF, HEED MY WORDS!

For this, the 2101st post of the era of Pony, and in order to avoid consequences of possibly babyponyan proportions the likes of which we have witnessed in the last few pages, Celestia herself compels me to transmit you...

The eight (so far) commandments of Pony-GAF (subject to updating at any time)

1 - Thou shalt not post Rule 34 material.
2 - Thou shalt not post any kind of shipping material, however innocent it may be.
3 - Thou shalt not post any furry-reminiscent material, however harmless it may appear.
4 - Thou shalt not respond to trolls or to attention horse.
5 - Thou shalt not spam pony-related materials in other threads.
6 - Thou shalt not derail pony-related conversations with unrelated matters.
7 - Thou shalt not mock a fellow brony for their motives, stance or opinion, for that is the troll's way.
8 - Thou shalt mark thy episode-related spoilers with spoiler tags for three full days after the first air date.

Any one brony (or anyone else) thinking of acting against these commandments is well to remember that even if Celestia herself doesn't see it fit to punish you, it is likely that Pony-GAF will not forgive you for your sin and send you to spend a season in the Everfree Forest in the company of the cockatrices.

Now go in peace, and may your oats be fresh. Amen.
How soon we have forgotten these virtues. Even if you don't agree with them, they're still the vest groundwork we have to maintaining order in and out of this thread.

Uchip

Banned
Ultimoo said:
1v1 on the twisted treelines right now. we'll show you who sucks around here.

what is this quake deathmatch? lol
If you want to be invited just be online or something
or add msn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom