• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Wolf Akela said:
I did a quick... *ahem*... "ponification". I think GAF should recognized him.

Zastg.png

Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
That is an excellent ponification, you did a great job. What tools did you use?
Regulus Tera said:
Why am I not awesome? :(
[passiveagressive]I think you're awesome, even though you think I should die in a fire.[/passiveagressive]

Negator

I pretty much only have IRL friends on my Twitter. One of them is cynical and might troll, but everyone else hasn't seen the show. Might just say forget it this week because of the wired thread though.

McNum said:
Parasprites? Are you kidding? Now I have to find a trombone...

Seriously, though, those things are pretty cute.

Hurry! You have less than 90 minutes before the SynchTube starts!
(We are watching Swarm of the Century today)

Calpain

strasza said:
I'm normally a lurker (both in this thread and GAF in general), but I thought you guys would appreciate this. :) I custom ordered a set of MLP themed Buttfreckles (http://www.buttfreckle.com, they're useless and awesome) and here is how they turned out...

300.JPG
Those are pretty awesome, never heard of Buttfreckles before. Thanks for sharing.:)

Hopefully I can make the Synchtube today. My ISP finally repaired their antenna so my connection can finally handle Youtube videos again!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Myke Greywolf said:
[passiveagressive]I think you're awesome, even though you think I should die in a fire.[/passiveagressive]

Hmph. Baka Myke. I am not replying to you b-because I like you or anything. (blush) S-so don't get the wrong idea. Got that?

McNum

Aww... The Wired thread got locked. Granted it was just a troll thread and its locking was way overdue, but still. It was funny. I'm not sure I get how the topic drifted to BDSM, but I don't think I want to know either.

Anyway, Synchtube in less than 14 minutes! I'll be there. Le Mans is running a safety car after et another disintegrated Audi, so nothing is really happening there. Don't worry, no people got hurt doing the crashes. Wouldn't joke about it if that had happened.

Calpain

McNum said:
Aww... The Wired thread got locked. Granted it was just a troll thread and its locking was way overdue, but still. It was funny. I'm not sure I get how the topic drifted to BDSM, but I don't think I want to know either.

Anyway, Synchtube in less than 14 minutes! I'll be there. Le Mans is running a safety car after et another disintegrated Audi, so nothing is really happening there. Don't worry, no people got hurt doing the crashes. Wouldn't joke about it if that had happened.

Heh, it actually turned into a BDSM thread at the end? Oh internet! Anyway, see you all in the Synchtube.

Uchip

Banned
AceBandage said:
It's a show about a barely 18 year old girl (17 when the show started). I dunno. I just find it funny.
gPtn8.gif

I just found it funny that you compared the clique to the subject matter of a differnt show
17 is legal here so im sorry but im gonna have to let that slide for now :p

C.Dark.DN

Banned
AceBandage said:
So, I have an odd question...

How is Victorious Gaf allowed and MLP is shunned.
I always found this odd.
Pedos > Ponies?
The Victorious Season 1 thread was created 2 months before she turned 18. A lot of people on Neogaf are in college, 18 year olds attend college, so I hardly think it's pedophila. You better believe I want to smang girls of all ages at my college.

It was also created toward the end of season 1 and season 2 started immediately after 1 ended. The show is in the middle of 2.

I beleive they said you could create the next season thread in OT when it starts but to keep community talk here. That OT thread that just got locked turned into a majority of community talk in the end afaik.

Victoria Justice is mentioned more often because of all the celeb threads.

tiff

Banned
DeathNote said:
The Victorious Season 1 thread was created 2 months before she turned 18. A lot of people on Neogaf are in college, 18 year olds attend college, so I hardly think it's pedophila. You better believe I want to smang girls of all ages at my college.
You don't get it, on the internet being attracted to anyone under the age of 18 makes you a pedophile, even if you're under 18 yourself.

Uchip

Banned
DeathNote said:

It was also created toward the end of season 1 and season 2 started immediately after 1 ended. The show is in the middle of 2.

I beleive they said you could create the next season thread in OT when it starts but to keep community talk here. That OT thread that just got locked turned into a majority of community talk in the end afaik.

Victoria Justice is mentioned more often because of all the celeb threads.

pedophilia is pre-puberty
the word is thrown around a lot by ignorant people
ephebophilia is the next one up which is during puberty, which these 18 yr old girls surely are not. so really its not even close, its just borderline illegal in the states is all.

edit: If it was anime fans that were into underage drawings then I would agree with you

OMG Aero

I think this week we had the most viewers since the season finale stream and that's probably down to the tinychat and Facebook group, so thanks a lot to Cheezmo for setting up the chat and whoever set up the group. Hopefully next week we can get even more.
lN5Er.jpg

Anyway it's time for this week's pony rankings:
For Bridle Gossip, 7 people voted 5, 17 people voted 4, 5 people voted 3 and no-one voted 2 or 1, giving it an average of 4.07.
For Swarm of the Century, 9 people voted 5, 5 people voted 4, 4 people voted 3 and no-one voted 2 or 1, giving it an average of 4.28.
And that leaves the total ranking so far at:
1. Dragonshy - 4.68
2. Swarm of the Century - 4.28
3. Bridle Gossip - 4.07

4. Friendship is Magic Part 1 - 4.06
5. The Ticket Master - 4.05
6. Griffon the Brush-Off - 4
7. Look Before You Sleep - 3.81
8. Friendship is Magic Part 2 - 3.71
9. Applebuck Season - 3.67
10. Boast Busters - 3.58

Tune in again next week at the same time (Time zone link here) when we listen to possibly the catchiest song in the whole series in Winter Wrap-Up and are introduced to the best worst pony Scootaloo in Call of the Cutie.
BcZsh.png

Jintor

When you're 16 yourself, the reasons are paramount

as you get older you realise that being younger isn't as desirable as you thought

Uchip

Banned
Jintor said:
When you're 16 yourself, the reasons are paramount

as you get older you realise that being younger isn't as desirable as you thought

yea... im 25
young girls are more trouble than they are worth

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Amibguous Cad said:
Dragonshy over Bridle Gossip AND Swarm of the Century? I'm not mad at your unreasonable love of Fluttershy, GAF, just disappointed
This. Maybe I should have hung around just to properly vote the better episodes (Eh Bridle Gossip might not be better, but Swarm of the Century?). And besides, Swarm of the Century is a better first timer episode compared to Dragonshy.

n8BitMan said:
This. Maybe I should have hung around just to properly vote the better episodes (Eh Bridle Gossip might not be better, but Swarm of the Century?). And besides, Swarm of the Century is a better first timer episode compared to Dragonshy.

I agree with this.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Uchip said:
pedophilia is pre-puberty
the word is thrown around a lot by ignorant people
ephebophilia is the next one up which is during puberty, which these 18 yr old girls surely are not. so really its not even close, its just borderline illegal in the states is all.

edit: If it was anime fans that were into underage drawings then I would agree with you
In most states it's 16/17. Cali and Tennessee are listed as 18 with very different twists. In Cali a 17 year old sleeping with a 18 year old is a misdemeanor. In Tennessee a 16 year old can sleep with a 19 year old, and a 17 year old can sleep with a 20, but a 17 and a 21 is statutorily rape because 4 years older than a minor defines it as that.

Marriage makes it more complex. I see states where parents and a court order can allow a 16 year old to get married.

Another interesting thing is when you consider sex laws in Cali 18 is an adult. Ephebophilia is being attracted to 15-19 so technically an 18 year old being attracted to a 19 year old is ephebophile in Cali.

Uchip

Banned
DeathNote said:
In most states it's 16/17. Cali and Tennessee are listed as 18 with very different twists. In Cali a 17 year old sleeping with a 18 year old is a misdemeanor. In Tennessee a 16 year old can sleep with a 19 year old, and a 17 year old can sleep with a 20, but a 17 and a 21 is statutorily rape because 4 years older than a minor defines it as that.

Marriage makes it more complex. I see states where parents and a court order can allow a 16 year old to get married.

Another interesting thing is when you consider sex laws in Cali 19 is an adult. Ephebophilia is being attracted to 15-19 so technically an 18 year old being attracted to a 19 year old is ephebophile in Cali.

well they had to set the number somewhere for legality
but a set number for adulthood? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom