• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

careksims said:
BHairWLogo.gif

I was thinking about the SNK background gifs...

Marevel v Coltcom 3! Fate of Two Worlds.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Foxix said:
I have nothing to contribute other than to say that somehow, as of this post, I just reached 4,000 posts.

Thank you pony gaf O_O

Right behind you :p

Total Posts: 3,971 (3.36 posts per day)

Now to start working on that Burn Notice OT...

Chuck

Still without luck
Foxix said:
I have nothing to contribute other than to say that somehow, as of this post, I just reached 4,000 posts.

Thank you pony gaf O_O

Congrats!

CJzuS.gif

Ultimoo said:
I hit 4000 posts a long time ago, you guys are all newbies!

F9yAa.gif

We all know you're definitely quantity over quality when it comes to posting.

I'm back from A-kon! It was a lot of fun, but the highlight had to be the brony meetup. The whole thing was really disorganized; the meeting place posted on Equestria Daily was really unclear. Thankfully on day of the con, I saw a bunch of people in a hallway corner looking semi-organized with a ton of MLP shirts on. (Aside: really disappointed at the lack of merchandise there. I thought for sure it would have a bigger presence!). Apparently I'd found them because thye had gotten kicked out of their original meeting place in the food court for leading too many singalongs, heh. Thankfully, after waiting in the hallways for a few minutes, we got hold of a con organizer and he found us an empty panel room we could take over.

The bronies there were... pretty much what you'd expect from the online communities. Very friendly, motivated as hell to produce fanworks (I saw a ton of great artists just doodling stuff... and more impressive stuff, which I'll cover below), and creative, if just the slightest bit autistic. A chorus of farewells followed whenever anyone had to depart from the group to other parts of the con, and on the whole, the easygoing nature of cons where you can walk up to nearly anyone and strike up a conversation over similar interests was amplified.

The highlight definitely had to be this, though:

Ea4QWl.jpg

Oy985l.jpg

A pony board game, made by the bronies at the con! It was a simple trivia game, but a lot of fun. Roll a die, if you get a trivia question right, you get to move the number of spaces listed. Oh yeah, and if you're stumped, you can ask another team for help, and if correct, both teams got to move forward one space... because friendship is magic. First to reach Canterlot wins. Team Wonderbolts, controlling Rainbow Dash, unfortunately did not win, but I had a lot of fun trying! THe questions were really well done (What episode was Zecora mentioned in but did not appear in? What did the three bullies in Sonic Rainboom have in common?), but we got killed by a guy who apparently used the episodes as timing in TF2- he'd play it in the background, and whenever something specific happened he knew it was time to start pushing a control point.

Oh, and cosplayers of best ponies.

ZTa6tl.jpg

BMB4Yl.jpg

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ahoyhoy said:
Indeed. Can scarcely hold those 09'ers seriously. A sore bunch of recruits, they was.
i adopted the zerg rush strategy to get around this. post enough and someone somewhere will take you seriously one time or another.

Bufbaf said:
http://i.imgur.com/xlFXR.png[IMG]

meh :/[/QUOTE]
more like amehzing.

[QUOTE=careksims][IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/careksims/PandamanTrot.gif[IMG]
Time to run away. I used Pinkie Pie's trotting animation in The Griffon Brush Off for this one.[/QUOTE]
:D carek, you're brilliant.

Firehead

Heya, people! I kinda forgot about this being in the Community section, thus, I haven't posted in a while. What's been happening since the end of season one? What's with the webcam stuff going on there?
POWERSPHERE said:
What the shit did I just click into?
C'mon, now... join the herd! :)

Firehead said:
Heya, people! I kinda forgot about this being in the Community section, thus, I haven't posted in a while. What's been happening since the end of season one? What's with the webcam stuff going on there?

C'mon, now... join the herd! :)

Fandom has remained surprisingly active considering the downtime. More Belle Eve awesomeness from careksims. Awesome fan made videos. That's about it.

Firehead

ThreeSix said:
I don't think I've ever seen you post here, but people come and go a lot. Nice avatar btw.
Heh, I've been here a while. I haven't really posted a lot, especially not since the move to community.
And thanks, right back at ya. :p

Edit:
I do have a few avatars up in the avatar post, if that matters~

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Firehead said:
we've gone full meta.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Ellis Kim said:
Can someone please explain the panda to me?

Its the neck.

ochyP.png

Quick fix. The bg is transparent, so I couldn't do anything about the neck area to make it meld, lol.
Wow, thanks :)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
trollestia strikes again. just when you think she's caring for her sister, visiting her and luna is at fault for being hateful, then you find out its all just a dream. a comforting little delusion she uses to justify her cruelty.

wybKc.jpg

A lot of these have been posted in the thread already, and a lot of them are small screen caps from PonyChat but I took the liberty to collect all of the Belle Eve pics I could and upload them in a zip for everyone. Here it is:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QG8PONFP
http://www.mediafire.com/?01y5w1y3bfb4f9j

I can upload this to another site if MU is giving anyone "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." problems, as mentioned to me in PonyChat. What site should I use if I do so?

File list of all the Belle pics:
Damnit Panda Facehoof Belle
Oh You Belle v1
Oh You Belle v2
Oh You Belle v3
My Pony is Ready Belle
What the Hay is This Belle
Knocked Over Cup Belle
Mind Blown Belle
Bufbar's Belle v1
Bufbar's Belle v2
Bish Scares Belle
Myke's Panda & Belle
YEBO Empire
Brohoofing Belle
'I just Brohoof'd' Belle
Ranger is Gone 1 Belle
Ranger is Gone 2 Belle
Scared of Hat Belle
Xzeon blocks Ranger and Belle
RUN BELLE RUN!
Headphones Belle
Impaling Haters Belle
Restraining Order Sketch v1 Belle
Restraining Order Sketch v2 Belle
Raising the GAF Sun Belle
Panda and 'DO NOT WANT' Belle
Dancing Belle
Hair in the Wind Belle
Blushing Belle v1
Blushing Belle v2.jpg
Blushing Belle v2.png
You Guys Facehoof Belle
Belle's Morning Comic
Winking Belle
Pancakes Belle
Bufbar's Running Belle
Bufbar's Running Belle - Ellis Kim Neck Edit
Bufbar's Bizzaro Belle Loves Panda
Bufbar's Bizzaro Belle Loves Panda
Xzeon's Bloody Belle in the Rain
Xzeon's Abstract Art Belle
Original Believe Belle
Belle Eve's Nightly Habits
Xzeon is NEXT to ME!
I WANT to PLAY! Belle
Sad Hat Belle
HI!! Waving Belle
That Hat! Belle
Angry at Hat Belle
Bufbar's Bloody Belle
Xzeon's WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS! Belle
Weegi Creeps Up on Belle 1
Weegi Creeps Up on Belle 2
Weegi Creeps Up on Belle 3
Weegi Creeps Up on Belle 4
I LIKE! Belle
I LIKE! + Headphones Belle v1
I LIKE! + Headphones Belle v2
I'm FAT! Belle
o_O Belle
YOU BETTER APPOLOGIZE! Belle
-_- Panda Belle
Hiding from Bish Belle
HAH! Belle
Serious Belle
O_O Belle
Forever Alone Belle
Under Covers with Drink Belle
Under Covers with Drink + What the Hay Belle
Hiding from Xzeon Belle
I Has a Drink Belle
Hiding from Panda Belle

Edit 1:
I forgot to put this in the zip:
fORU7.jpg

Edit 2:
I just noticed Bufbar updated his Running Belle pic above:
http://i.imgur.com/yso6e.png

Carek finished another pic just now:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/careksims/bellekickamagazinerack1.jpg

AdawgDaFAB said:
I can upload this to another site if MU is giving anyone "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." problems, as mentioned to me in PonyChat. What site should I use if I do so?

Thanks a bunch. I'd recommend Mediafire. They're fast, easy, and reliable.

Cheerilee

Celestia predicted and manipulated Twilight's friendships with the mane cast.

Celestia predicted and likely manipulated Nightmare Moon's escape.

By giving Twilight false prophecy and then hiding in the Sun, Celestia manipulated Twilight into attacking Nightmare Moon, who hadn't even done anything.

Celestia caused the Nightmare Moon situation in the first place by being insensitive to Luna's emotional needs. And Celestia's eventual solution was getting someone to beat Luna up and make her cry.

Characterizing Celestia as being somewhat insensitive and something of a fun-loving troll, with no real malice behind her actions, and with regret for her mistakes, is actually complimentary, and makes her a much more interesting character than some perfect Princess/Queen who cries herself to sleep every night because her jealous little sister hates her.

I'm glad canon is on my side.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Myke Greywolf said:
This is so true. And it's kind of weirding me out.
well its the only way the community wont stagnate in down times, so its fine i think.

-

ruby's right, trollestia is a better character than celestia.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Ellis Kim said:
I still feel like you could fix it further :x
Most probably, but it's just a sketch anyway, so I don't care ^^

OMG Aero

To offset the Celestia/Nightmare Moon comic, have an adorable Fluttershy comic:

AdawgDaFAB said:
Looks like the PonyChat has a new fav pony!
http://i.imgur.com/2Evn0.png

Other hijinx from tonight:
(Click for full size)
http://i.imgur.com/4dDJj.png
http://i.imgur.com/AtVYO.png
http://i.imgur.com/usYBa.png

Being in Europe sucks. All the fun tinychat stuff happens when I'm asleep. :(
AdawgDaFAB said:
A lot of these have been posted in the thread already, and a lot of them are small screen caps from PonyChat but I took the liberty to collect all of the Belle Eve pics I could and upload them in a zip for everyone. Here it is:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QG8PONFP

I'm getting that error too. Maybe you could use Mediafire?
And while we're on the topic of Belle pics, I made the dancing gif into an animated spray if anyone wants to use it in TF2 or another Valve game.
http://www.mediafire.com/?92fow0m3vgaf0bd

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
ruby_onix said:
Celestia predicted and manipulated Twilight's friendships with the mane cast.

Celestia predicted and likely manipulated Nightmare Moon's escape.

By giving Twilight false prophecy and then hiding in the Sun, Celestia manipulated Twilight into attacking Nightmare Moon, who hadn't even done anything.

Celestia caused the Nightmare Moon situation in the first place by being insensitive to Luna's emotional needs. And Celestia's eventual solution was getting someone to beat Luna up and make her cry.

Characterizing Celestia as being somewhat insensitive and something of a fun-loving troll, with no real malice behind her actions, and with regret for her mistakes, is actually complimentary, and makes her a much more interesting character than some perfect Princess/Queen who cries herself to sleep every night because her jealous little sister hates her.

I'm glad canon is on my side.
Finally a chance to talk about ponies rather than pony fans! Thank you so much!

I agree with Ruby_Onix regarding Celestia's character, but I don't discard the possibility of something having gone wrong with Luna's imprisonment that caused her captivity to last for a thousand years, even against Celestia's wishes. With the information we have, it's impossible to know the true motivations and circumstances behind that millennium. Other than speculation and fan fiction, we can only hope that season 2 will shed some light on this and all the backstory between Celestia and Luna.

What we can do, is compile a list of Celestia's possible covert prankster antics, and score them according to prank likeliness:

Episodes 1-2, "Friendship is Magic"
- Having Twilight go to Ponyville under the pretext of "making friends", when her real goal was to gather the "Elements of Harmony". Myke's Likeliness Score: 100% (it's canon)
- Deliberately disappearing by her own volition during the Summer Sun Celebration to set the stage for Nightmare Moon's appearance, Twilight and company's quest, and the confrontation at the old castle, reappearing when her sister had already been brought to her knees. MLS: 50% (it's possible because Nightmare Moon never mentions Celestia's absence)

Episode 3, "The Ticket Master"
- Sending Twilight only 2 tickets on purpose, to make her learn a lesson about sharing. MLS: 70% (there's always the possibility that this was standard for the invitations that were sent, and the formal tone of the message read by Spike seems to point that way, but I find it hard to believe that Celestia wouldn't send Twilight a personalized invitation)
- Sending Spike a ticket only after the mane cast had theirs. MLS: 50% (I actually think Celestia is sometimes a bit absent-minded and briefly forgot about Spike)

Episode 10, "Swarm of the Century"
- Knowing all about parasprites, and arranging for an invasion just as she was scheduled to visit Ponyville. MLS: 20% (her astonishment at Pinkie's stunt seems to point away from this, even though the coincidence of a similar infestation occurring simultaneously elsewhere is suspicious)

Episode 15, "Feeling Pinkie Keen"
- Dropping out of the sky to scare Spike. MLS: 50% (this was hilarious, but she could have been just passing by and took the chance to pick that message)

Episode 16, "Sonic Rainboom"
- Having the sun burn Rarity's wings, making her fall to her death. MLS: 10% (I refuse to accept that Celestia would do something that put someone's life in danger strictly for her own amusement, unless there were actually other intentions behind this act)

Episode 22, "A Bird in the Hoof"
- Intentionally omitting the fact that Philomena is a Phoenix, making Fluttershy despair when the bird turns to ashes on her hooves. MLS: 40% (she couldn't have predicted that Fluttershy would forcibly try to nurse Philomena back to health... could she?)

Episode 26, "The Best Night Ever"
- Ruining the Grand Galloping Gala by bringing in six strong-willed ponies with high expectations who were all maladjusted to Canterlot's high society. MLS: 90% (the only question about this is, did the disruption go too far beyond what Celestia had planned?)

Neki

I can't wait until DrForester and the Trollestia defense force arrive to provide a rebuttal for your evidence Myke! :D

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Ultimoo said:
I can't wait until DrForester and the Trollestia defense force arrive to provide a rebuttal for your evidence Myke! :D
That's what I love most in this thread. :)

Well, that and our own fan works.

Ookami-kun said:
Anyway, I think I give up on making OT Off Season. Too busy with stuff here sadly =/
No problem, I'll take over, if PonyGAF doesn't mind. You just go ahead and do what you have to do.

Celestia explains being a Princess to Twilight said:
Celestia: Twilight, being a Princess isn't easy. If you do too much, ponies get dependent on you, and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch. Like a safecracker, or a pickpocket.
Twilight: Or a pony who burns down a bar for the insurance money!
Celestia: Yes, if you make it look like an electrical thing. When you do things right, ponies won't be sure you've done anything at all.
IMO she just prefers to do her job though the use of Batman Gambits.

Just wanted to drop in and say that we discovered this show in the last 2 weeks. So good. My daughter loves it, and I'm not ashamed to say I'm enjoying it.

And no, I'm not turning in my man card :p.

Also I started reading this thread from start, I'm only 40 pages in but my god the laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom