• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
lexi said:
I'm going to stop posting until this dies down. Maybe when the thread is just insecure fuckwits patting each other on the back, they'll get bored and go troll somewhere else.
Unless you were done posting in the thread like usual, don't let them win lexi.

lexi said:
I'm going to stop posting until this dies down. Maybe when the thread is just insecure fuckwits patting each other on the back, they'll get bored and go troll somewhere else.

Thanks EvilLore for the thread title, btw.

I haven't seen any trolling on this page. I think it's over.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
MWS Natural said:
Holy Shit what the fuck was going on in this thread BEFORE the title change??
rX7Sy.jpg

EmCeeGramr said:
Hold your horses, I was just trying to rein it in. Don't saddle me with expectations, or people will be chomping at the bit to see my next [horse pun]

Someone get this man's resume to Lauren Faust, stat!

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Stallion Free said:
I've seen that passed around quite a lot on Tumblr. Gaf is famouse.

EmCeeGramr said:
Sounds like a thoroughbred of a plan! Just let me drop my saddle and slip off my shoes and I'll trot right over.

Watching an ep or two is the perfect way to put on blinders to these trolls. Also, I'm easily spooked by loud noises and aggressive behavior and given to trampling people with my sharp hooves.
And now you're just roleplaying. Ah well, everyone needs a hobby!

Steamlord said:
Pony-GAF, what better way to deal with this problem than to clear out and watch a few episodes while this dies down? We'll be doing something we enjoy, and the trolls will become bored with the empty thread.

Sonic Rainboom, here I come!
Sounds like a thoroughbred of a plan! Just let me drop my saddle and slip off my shoes and I'll trot right over.

Watching an ep or two is the perfect way to put on blinders to these trolls. Also, I'm easily spooked by loud noises and aggressive behavior and given to trampling people with my sharp hooves, leading to my euthanizing.

daffy

Banned
siddx said:
The crazies in the "I spend rent on my jeans" thread learned to completely ignore people making fun of them, you ponyites need to do the same if you hope to survive because the mockery is not going to stop, it's just too easy a target.
lol ok dude, this isn't psycological warfare here, no one is gonna die because some losers decide to troll us all at the same time because of an inviting thread title change.

Did the rent jeans thread have to deal with that?

G-Fex

lexi said:

Thanks EvilLore for the thread title, btw.

Same

pirata said:
This is...very disappointing. Pandaman's post, the thread's title change, the flagrant trolling...is this still GAF?
Yeah, I didn't really expect a mod to do something like that and then just leave the thread to it's fate.

Instro

Thunder Monkey said:
Well fine then I guess I'll just leave!

*pouts*

There are only ponies in this thread my friend, if only there was a magical show about monkeys for you.

EmCeeGramr said:

Watching an ep or two is the perfect way to put on blinders to these trolls. Also, I'm easily spooked by loud noises and aggressive behavior and given to trampling people with my sharp hooves.

Are you a writer for MLP? Your pretty fucking good man lol.

samoset

DrForester said:
DO NOT ENTER THE SHOWS THREAD BEYOND THE FIRST PAGE. It's an outstanding and unique take on the magical girl genre, but the thread is full of spoilers, and it's really not a show you want to be spoiled on. Just watch it and enjoy.

Thanks I'll definitely give it a shot.

On topic I'll take this
w7sWr.gif
if no one else has it. I remember seeing in use but don't know if it's been switched out or not.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Maybe it's too late or useless to say this but...

For the fans of the show who wants to have a discussion about it, just do it and ignore the trolls or anyone else who is trying too hard to be funny (when they are most definitely not). The title change is also stupid and lame, but try to ignore that too, if you guys can.

Although I suppose this thread is already too troll-infested to do just that, but no harm in trying, right?

Echoing a sentiment by some of the GAF members here, I just can't believe that this is GAF with all the trollings going around unchecked (and even encouraged, it would appear.) Not what I would expect from GAF.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
FTH said:
lol ok dude, this isn't psycological warfare here, no one is gonna die because some losers decide to troll us all at the same time because of an inviting thread title change.

Did the rent jeans thread have to deal with that?

What the fuck crawled up your asshole and laid eggs? If you don't believe that a thread filled with grown men expressing love for a show about fucking ponies is an easy target for trolls than you are delusional. Since you obviously can't do anything but cop a shitty attitude, i'll address my clarification to other members of the thread.

Threads that get bombed by trolls and manage to not get locked up are always the threads that pretend the trolls just aren't there.

Belfast

Gotta admit. Even if this thread walks a fine line between perfectly normal admiration and creepy moe-ness, the title change was in poor taste. This thread was far too easy of a target, making any ensuing laughs incredibly cheap and undeserved.

Dresden

Laughing Banana said:
Echoing a sentiment by some of the GAF members here, I just can't believe that this is GAF with all the trollings going around unchecked (and even encouraged, it would appear.) Not what I would expect from GAF.
Eh, the title change kinda blows the door open on trolling. Shit's mod-sanctioned, let's go chums! and all that nonsense. And posters on any online forum like joining in on a good gangbang.

Looks like it's dying down so you bronies could hoof on after the trolls go away. If there are some persistent ones, just put them on Ignore.

lexi

Banned
Unless you were done posting in the thread like usual, don't let them win lexi.

Dresden said:
Eh, the title change kinda blows the door open on trolling. Shit's mod-sanctioned, let's go chums! and all that nonsense. And posters on any online forum like joining in on a good gangbang.

Looks like it's dying down so you bronies could hoof on after the trolls go away. If there are some persistent ones, just put them on Ignore.

Agreed! And with that;

I like the CMC episodes. I want more. They're hilarious and Apple Bloom is cute. Lot of bronies not down with the CMC, but here I am representing.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Dresden said:

Yea... I suppose when people feel that they are safe under the protection of authority so that they can do whatever without repercussions, that's when they will show their true colors.

I don't even know what the show is about but this kind of thing happening in GAF... it's somewhat surprising (though maybe I should not be surprised) and very disappointing.

daffy

Banned
siddx said:
What the fuck crawled up your asshole and laid eggs? If you don't believe that a thread filled with grown men expressing love for a show about fucking ponies is an easy target for trolls than you are delusional. Since you obviously can't do anything but cop a shitty attitude, i'll address my clarification to other members of the thread.

Threads that get bombed by trolls and manage to not get locked up are always the threads that pretend the trolls just aren't there.
Anything can be an easy target for trolls, I was led to believe that on GAF trolling was an illegal action, so no I'm not gonna tolerate shit. I'm not "copping a shitty attitude" because this is text, on a message board, you have no idea of my attitude. I could be laughing my ass off right this moment.

I don't take any of this seriously, but apparently you think GAF is some kind of village of personalities that have to get along with each other.

Don't give me advice on handling trolls online, because I don't want or need it. /shitty attitude

I, for one, was sincerely disappointed by the moral of Feeling Pinkie Keen. I'm no wilting flower atheist: while I don't believe in any god, I can deal with religious themes, even preachy and heavy-handed religious themes in media directed at youth. What I can't abide is media that glorifies the abandonment of reason, that doesn't even call people to a more exalted spirituality but that finds something admirable in accepting things without proof. Feeling Pinkie Keen's moral doesn't urge us toward a spirituality that will fulfill us- all it does is make us more susceptible to superstitious charlatans.

Oh, and Zecora's racist.

Ah, I see much has happened since my last visit. It's too bad that the thread got so derailed. You don't have to defend yourself from every insult that a stranger throws your way, guys. Maybe if we reacted to trolls less like this:
154vuwy.jpg

And more like this:
2lcagk1.png

We could still have some legitimate discussions.
Just a suggestion...

samoset

lexi said:
I like the CMC episodes. I want more. They're hilarious and Apple Bloom is cute. Lot of bronies not down with the CMC, but here I am representing.

I didn't really like the CMC episodes except for the one with Fluttershy. "The Show Stoppers" got bogged down in the middle with the CMC setting up the show, but the talent show itself was really enjoyable if a little waja.

Foxix Von

samoset said:
Thanks I'll definitely give it a shot.

On topic I'll take this
w7sWr.gif
if no one else has it. I remember seeing in use but don't know if it's been switched out or not.
It's up to date I just ask that anyone taking an avatar let me know where it's located in the list (don't worry I already found and edit that one out). Or if they are swapping for another one they just post the original they were using so I can add it back into rotation.

Snaku

Banned
Amibguous Cad said:
I, for one, was sincerely disappointed by the moral of Feeling Pinkie Keen. I'm no wilting flower atheist: while I don't believe in any god, I can deal with religious themes, even preachy and heavy-handed religious themes in media directed at youth. What I can't abide is media that glorifies the abandonment of reason, that doesn't even call people to a more exalted spirituality but that finds something admirable in accepting things without proof. Feeling Pinkie Keen's moral doesn't urge us toward a spirituality that will fulfill us- all it does is make us more susceptible to superstitious charlatans.

Well that just turned me off on this show.

Wow this has got to be the most ridiculous thread I've seen in a very long time. People in here acting like they are being persecuted or some shit. Holy fuck stop taking yourselves, and this show so seriously.

KtSlime

Amibguous Cad said:

To be fair Lauren apologized on her DA account, the wording of the moral got messed up at the end - the message was supposed to be "Have faith in your friends even when you don't always understand their actions" not "Blindly disregard science because there are some answers that will never be explained".

The episode bothers me a bit because of the ending, but I can see how the message, due to that poorly done ending was overanalyzed by critical adult minds.

Snaku: It was just a flub, most episodes are really well done - and even that episode has great humor, and it is a Pinkie Pie episode so it has awesome slapstick of that's your thing.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
FTH said:
Anything can be an easy target for trolls, I was led to believe that on GAF trolling was an illegal action, so no I'm not gonna tolerate shit. I'm not "copping a shitty attitude" because this is text, on a message board, you have no idea of my attitude. I could be laughing my ass off right this moment.

I don't take any of this seriously, but apparently you think GAF is some kind of village of personalities that have to get along with each other.

Don't give me advice on handling trolls online, because I don't want or need it. /shitty attitude

Your posts make it clear you very much need advice but since you asked so nicely I'll just leave and let you continue to throw shit at everyone without a pony avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom