• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KtSlime

Myke Greywolf said:
TheExodu5, it would be really great if you could add a description instead of just posting a link with no context. Should I add a "commandment" for that purpose?

Maybe. But come up with some clever way to say it. :)

Jintor

I kinda wish they just had Princess Luna rolling in once in a while. It'd be amusing. Although I guess she's a totally different person to NIGHTMARE MOOOOOOON

Just the idea of 'defeat-the-villain-in-two-episodes-then-spend-the-rest-of-the-season-go-karting-with-her' is amusing

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
ivedoneyourmom said:
Maybe. But come up with some clever way to say it. :)
Something like "thou shalt describe all thy external links, lest we be ponyrolled by neighsayers"?

I feel like I'm trying too hard. :/

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Pandaman said:
anyone else weirded out by the ponies forelimbs bending both ways at the knee?

If you look at a horse skeleton, you'll see that the part on the horse forelimbs that looks like a "knee" and bends backwards, actually corresponds to the wrist in an human skeleton. They just allowed the radius and ulna bones to twist 180º like it does in humans to allow for anthropomorphization (does this word even exist?). The whole arms are probably allowed to rotate around the shoulder joint, too.

Edit: Sorry, I had to go check on a horse/human skeleton comparison picture to get my explanation right.

Jintor

Myke Greywolf said:
They don't bend both ways, they rotate 180º on the inside around the shoulder pivot like human arms. Yeah, real horses don't do that, but it's just a concession to allow anthropomorphization (is this even a word?).

I don't like a lot of the weird things they do with the 'skeletons', animation-wise, but it's necessary because they're goddamn ponies. Still bugs the hell out of me though.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Myke Greywolf said:
If you look at a horse skeleton, you'll see that the part on the horse forelimbs that looks like a "knee" and bends backwards, actually corresponds to the wrist in an human skeleton. They just allowed the radius and ulna bones to twist 180º like it does in humans to allow for anthropomorphization (does this word even exist?)

Edit: Sorry, I had to go check on a horse skeleton picture to get my explanation right.
i understand, i was an evo devo nerd myself for awhile. :p

it still bugs me tho!

KtSlime

Ultima ratio regum said:
he man knows not to get into pointless fights,after all he is one of the masters of the universe.

Man, I should take an apprenticeship with him. :lol I definitely need to learn that skill.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Pandaman said:
infi-kun has mastered the art to an extent never before seen, im a casual by comparison and that is my shame. ;_;
It's a slightly different story, you know. This is the Internet, where the specific "furry" brand will get you infinitely more hate than the generic "fucking-depraved-oh-my-god-what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-you" brand. And that is just one of the balls we're juggling with, in this thread.

And yeah, our nicknames don't help.

Haunted

I liked the SC2 parody someone posted earlier.

I'm sure I'm now on some FBI pedo list for posting in this thread, but whatever. >_>

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
ok wth is so good about this show? or is this a stealth girlgaf thread?

tiff

Banned
Pandaman said:
infi-kun has mastered the art to an extent never before seen, im a casual by comparison and that is my shame. ;_;
All we can do is watch him post, and hope to learn something from him.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
dgenx said:
ok wth is so good about this show? or is this a stealth girlgaf thread?
It's good, clean, innocent fun with good writing, great characters and excellent animation. It's not everbody's cup of tea, but almost nothing is. *shrugs*

TheExodu5 said:
That's an awesome theme. How did you set that up?
The theme is Soft7. The system monitor is Samurize.

I didn't save the wallpaper source but you can likely get it from 4chan, ponychan or Google.

Edit: a new Rarity avi if anyone wants her

2pyasug.jpg

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
goddamit I have the theme song in my head :mad:

I had cupcakes last night for dessert and all I could think about Pinkie's silly cupcake song the whole time. These ponies have invaded my brain.

Anyway, can someone create a 640x960 wallpaper for my iphone out of this image?

http://i.imgur.com/NpAZ7.jpg

I would prefer that the wallpaper only contain the seal, but if you have to included the "Ferrarity" at the bottom because of proportions or whatever, that's fine. Thanks in advance!

Wooooo I'm caught up! Which means I finally get to rank my top 5 episodes!!!

5. Fall Weather Friends (for good physical comedy)
4. Dragonshy
3. Bridle Gossip (for Fluttershy's voice alone)
2. Feeling Pinkie Keen
1. Swarm of the Century

Nothing more to contribute as yet. I tend to not like the musical episodes, I find myself rolling my eyes at the songs (although inevitably they get stuck in my head anyway).

Not really looking forward to more Cutie Mark Crusaders, but there's still fun stuff in every episode, so I'm sure I'll deal.

Foxix Von

Mechanical Snowman said:
The theme is Soft7. The system monitor is Samurize.

I didn't save the wallpaper source but you can likely get it from 4chan, ponychan or Google.

Edit: a new Rarity avi if anyone wants her

2pyasug.jpg

I'm going to edit the wall in a bit, if you like I can throw your avi up into the pile as well.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Myke Greywolf said:
It's a slightly different story, you know. This is the Internet, where the specific "furry" brand will get you infinitely more hate than the generic "fucking-depraved-oh-my-god-what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-you" brand. And that is just one of the balls we're juggling with, in this thread.

And yeah, our nicknames don't help.

Having a mod inside our clique would help.

TheExodu5

Banned
I don't see much of an issue. Pony GAF lives outside of this thread. This is in no way comparable to Rockband GAF, which lived in its own thread, was rarely accepting of new members, and had a lot of anti-GAF commentary going on in their IRC, and would have almost non stop off topic discussion in their thread.

GAF is not a collection of cliques. GAF is a large community, and people need to remember that. It's alright to make friends in here based on your love for the show, but don't start talking about Pony GAF vs GAF. Don't talk about needing mod representation. Just content in having a thread where we can have fun discussing the show.

TheExodu5 said:
I don't see much of an issue. Pony GAF lives outside of this thread. This is in no way comparable to Rockband GAF, which lived in its own thread, was rarely accepting of new members, and had a lot of anti-GAF commentary going on in their IRC, and would have almost non stop off topic discussion in their thread.

GAF is not a collection of cliques. GAF is a large community, and people need to remember that. It's alright to make friends in here based on your love for the show, but don't start talking about Pony GAF vs GAF. Don't talk about needing mod representation. Just content in having a thread where we can have fun discussing the show.
Quoting because I don't think I've read a more logical, well written post in recent history.

Foxix said:
I'm going to edit the wall in a bit, if you like I can throw your avi up into the pile as well.
Sure, the more the merrier!

Oh, and that Ferrarity badge is brilliant.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Not A Fur said:
Wooooo I'm caught up! Which means I finally get to rank my top 5 episodes!!!

5. Fall Weather Friends (for good physical comedy)
4. Dragonshy
3. Bridle Gossip (for Fluttershy's voice alone)
2. Feeling Pinkie Keen
1. Swarm of the Century

Nothing more to contribute as yet. I tend to not like the musical episodes, I find myself rolling my eyes at the songs (although inevitably they get stuck in my head anyway).
No love for musical episodes kind of makes me sad, since those are some of my favorites (the message in "Suited for Success" is excellent on several levels, and its implementation is stellar, IMHO), but I totally see what you mean. I guess this just means that there's something in the show for many different kinds of tastes, and that's one of the great things about it.

TheExodu5 said:
I was going to take this on myself but decided against it so I'll just add to yours.

First off, I agree with everything you just said. I'm pretty sure this is what Evilore was talking about when he finally addressed the thread.

As I said before, I think we should simply be happy the whole thing didn't get shut down. So far, I've been impressed with the recovery that it's made and I hope it continues like this until the end of the first season and into the next.

Foxix Von

IsayFever said:
Foxix have you any Trixie avatars tucked away?

Hmm let's see I just hunted some down. Any of these alright?

D4aaT.gif
7CRBs.gif
T9Cc3.gif
epjhE.gif
cNVbV.gif
3NgW7.gif

;)

You wouldn't believe the things I saw while finding those. Oh god, the horror.

Foxix Von

IsayFever said:
mmm totally using this one
epjhE.gif

Someone was using a really similar one earlier... I think it was... snowman maybe? Don't remember haha. Pretty sure he switched it out for something else though.

FoxSpirit

Bah, I must be the only Gaffer who can't take a Pony avatar thanks to his tag >.<

Also, that MAD video was crazy. Couldn't make it to the end, thought my brain was gonna melt :lol

Myke Greywolf said:
No love for musical episodes kind of makes me sad, since those are some of my favorites (the message in "Suited for Success" is excellent on several levels, and its implementation is stellar, IMHO), but I totally see what you mean. I guess this just means that there's something in the show for many different kinds of tastes, and that's one of the great things about it.

Agreed =) Although, now that you mention it, I -did- like the music in Suited for Success, I'd forgotten about that. And the Winter Wrap Up song has been stuck in my head for a week, after seeing the episode once. I think just have a little self-consciousness to get over wrt goofy music.

Dina

I couldn't bear more then five minutes, but to each his own. Slowly backing away here.

edit: I approve of the animation and the art, mind you. The content is what's so off putting, which is not that strange when it's a show aimed at little girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom