• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet, there's a 1080p upload on Youtube now.

That was a fast upload.

Edit, whoops late. That's what you get for refreshing the thread over and over without realising there's a new page.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Koomaster said:
I for one will join Pinkie Pie's uprising; because I fear what would happen otherwise.
27ZIl.gif
ictmM.jpg

Pollux

I just told my girlfriend of three years that I've started watching this show, she laughed at me. Then told me that the only reason I like it is b/c others on GAF like it.

How do I convince her to give it a shot and watch it and that it is a quality show, even though its meant for younger girls?

Dai101

Banned
mHnDY.png

Derpy frowns upon your shennanigans ....

Great episode, im still laughing at Fluttershy's rage tamtrums. And as always, PP steals the scene. I did'nt know Spike was a masochist thogh.

Enk

makes good threads.
zmoney said:
I just told my girlfriend of three years that I've started watching this show, she laughed at me. Then told me that the only reason I like it is b/c others on GAF like it.

How do I convince her to give it a shot and watch it and that it is a quality show, even though its meant for younger girls?

Does she like Powerpuff Girls? If so, tell her it's by the same people and is somewhat a spiritual successor to that show.

Darte

hmm I must have missed something, I thought the next episode wasn't due till april D:

But yea fluttershy screaming was the best part of the episode for me lol.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
IT IS TIME TO MAKE... DE MAGICS!
Puddles said:
The theme song is too much for me.
Come on, do you want us to believe that you're that weak? Get a hold of yourself, and let it all in. You'll be all the better for it.

Pollux

Enk said:
Does she like Powerpuff Girls? If so, tell her it's by the same people and is somewhat a spiritual successor to that show.

I don't think she ever watched it....need arguments to get to watch MLP here people!!!

Zomba13

I think I'll swap my Derpy avatar for a Pinkie Pie. Pinkie is the best pony. Looking forward to the avatars that come out of this episode.

Josh7289

This show was used in a YouTube poop I saw last night, then I come to GAF and this thread is the one with the latest post, so I check it out... then watch an episode (14 - Suited for Success), and... it's really good.

It's just so high quality in animation, music, writing/characters, etc., I'm really glad to see cartoons this good are still being made. And I personally can't help liking it, too. So cute, and so many interesting personalities.

I really hope kids watch this.

Jintor

Confused101 said:
It's time for my whacked out theory of the day:

Pinkie Pie knows she's in a cartoon.

She seems to manipulate the physics and rules of the world to her own advantage. Mostly for comedic purposes.

It appears she eats nothing but sweets. Lots of them. Why not, right?

She never seems to get overly concerned with things unless it affects her friends. To her, everything is all in fun.

Zecora seems to be the only thing that's every bothered Pinkie. Well, that and the thought of zombie ponies. Perhaps Pinkie thought Zecora could bend the rules too and therefore didn't know what to expect.

Finally, go back and watch the very end of Bridle Gossip. When everyone is laughing after Fluttershy answers 'yes', what does Pinkie Pie do?

http://russelh.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d39dulz

2rxxzxx.jpg

Was the biggest LOL moment, the noise Pinkie Pie makes is hilarious. I'm starting to feel like the makers of the show are going all out with her. Not to say the other characters aren't great, but it's like she's in a completely different league sometimes.

I like it at the moment but I hope they don't go overboard with it.

Episode was good, I still like Bridle Gossip the most though.

Edit: and oh yeah, not that there's a shortage but if anyone wants an avatar from a specific section of the show then let me know - those 1080p uploads are perfect for .gifs.

UberTag

Mechanical Snowman said:
Edit: and oh yeah, not that there's a shortage but if anyone wants an avatar from a specific section of the show then let me know - those 1080p uploads are perfect for .gifs.
Going to take you up on your offer.
I would love one of Fluttershy's spectacle on the catwalk.
Particularly the scene where she's scratching behind her ear, shaking her head and barking like a dog (immediately prior to Derpy's WTH expression).

Also, would like to see one of the Fluttershy scream for Darte to use.

Many thanks in advance.

Foxix Von

AceBandage said:
They spent about 2 seconds too long on that image.
It was disturbing...

Really? I honestly think they could have lingered on it for just a little bit longer. I probably would have thrown up from laughing so hard. AMAZING episode all around, just fantastic, and probably an episode which will generate a heap of gifs.

I agree that pinkie pie completely stole the show in every appearance to boot.

KtSlime

I love the song they play on the catwalk (ponywalk?) Oh I hope someone does a remix of it!

BTW: Pony with the horseshoes for his cutie mark, would that make him a cobbler or a farrier? =)

Koomaster

ivedoneyourmom said:
I love the song they play on the catwalk (ponywalk?) Oh I hope someone does a remix of it!

BTW: Pony with the horseshoes for his cutie mark, would that make him a cobbler or a farrier? =)
Maybe he's just really lucky? :p

UberTag said:
Going to take you up on your offer.
I would love one of Fluttershy's spectacle on the catwalk.
Particularly the scene where she's scratching behind her ear, shaking her head and barking like a dog (immediately prior to Derpy's WTH expression).

Also, would like to see one of the Fluttershy scream for Darte to use.

Many thanks in advance.
Sure. Here's a few for now:

jz7dyu.jpg
14y7l93.jpg
106hgr4.jpg

What do you mean by the bolded?

Koomaster said:
She's probably scared the show has become as popular as it has now that Pinkie Pie is out of her control.

On Today's episode for instance:
Pinkie Pie was ALL over the place. The episode wasn't even featuring her yet she kept conveniently popping up out of buckets of sponges, carts of apples, THE REFLECTION IN THE MIRROR!!! Plus she was able to draw that house in mid-air!

She is an Earth Pony, she does not possess the magics to do this!

I for one will join Pinkie Pie's uprising; because I fear what would happen otherwise.
27ZIl.gif

OH GOD THE REFLECTION JUST LIKE NIGHTMARE MOON IN THE FIRST EPISODE

careksims

Argh! I should have never went into the thread! Spoiled! Argh! I have to wait til later tonight for the ep to upload. I know it's going to be a riot. I need my pony crack.

Koomaster said:
In the year 105105, if HUB is still alive,
if brony can survive, they may find...

In the year 252525; the youtube upload still won't have arrived,
In all the world there's only one theology, all about my little pony mythology

In a future year that ends with a 20, Pinkie Pie has baked something yummy,
It may look like a sweet kind of treat, when in fact it's made of worm meat

In the year One Million and a Half, Pony Avatar replaces Giraffe,
You must watch more episodes please, then you too can join the bronies!
Whoa-oh!

.... Your not helping the situation..........

careksims said:
Argh! I should have never went into the thread! Spoiled! Argh! I have to wait til later tonight for the ep to upload. I know it's going to be a riot. I need my pony crack.

It's on youtube now. Search the title of the episode; there's a 1080p stream, even.

Koomaster

Amibguous Cad said:
OH GOD THE REFLECTION JUST LIKE NIGHTMARE MOON IN THE FIRST EPISODE
I'm about to get meta on you...

Nightmare Moon = Pinkie Pie
Elements of Harmony = Bronies
Princess Celestia = Lauren Faust

Lauren Faust knew all along she needed to create a cartoon that would bring future bronies together; united in friendship, for the day Pinkie Pie would break free.

Everything makes sense now. O____O

McNum

I just got why Pinkie Pie is so adamant on keeping promises, and why she has such "formal" ways of making them.

They are
Pinkie Swears
. What a delightfully awful stealth pun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom