• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacAttack

Just got back from Target where I bought my daughter a Twilight Sparkle pony and my neice a Rainbow Dash RC plane. Happy to report there is a ton of MLP:FiM merch out there.

mlpmnrk.jpg

McNum

Dr. Pangloss said:
You know, this short animation here, even in tiny .gif format is one of my highlights of the episode. Not because of Fluttershy's adorable scream, but simply from an animation fan perspective. Why? Her wings.

We see Fluttershy obviously stressed out and tensing up over it. As she does that, her wings unfurl. Try arcing your back and tense up in your shoulders. Your arms will move outwards. Naturally, the same happens to Fluttershy's wings. Because that's what happens when you tense the wing muscles. They unfurl and lock. I love the attention to the little details here. Clearly, the animators know what they're doing, as if the previous 19 episodes didn't already show that.

Foxix Von

FoxSpirit said:
Wait, Piny and Rainbow in the pool? Which episode is that from? *feels puzzled*

Also, PandaMan will die from the latest episode for sure :p

If I remember right, Bridle Gossip. When they take the bubble bath at the end.

KtSlime

FoxSpirit said:
Wait, Piny and Rainbow in the pool? Which episode is that from? *feels puzzled*

Also, PandaMan will die from the latest episode for sure :p

It's from Bridle Gossip, episode 9, where they introduced Zecora the Zebra and they get "cursed".

Edit: Foxix beat me.

vazel

Banned
Hahahahaha! My friend came over today and started talking about this show. He's a big fan and told me about all the lore and storyline and what the producers have planned for the show. We watched the first two episodes on Youtube. With as much as people keep raving about this show I think I'll watch a few more episodes. Last girly show me and my friend liked was the first season of W.I.T.C.H.

KtSlime

vazel said:
Hahahahaha! My friend came over today and started talking about this show. He's a big fan and told me about all the lore and storyline and what the producers have planned for the show. We watched the first two episodes on Youtube. With as much as people keep raving about this show I think I'll watch a few more episodes. Last girly show me and my friend liked was the first season of W.I.T.C.H.

Cool, I think you'll like it, the later episodes are even better - and Franime is awesome.

Nishastra

Banned
I started watching this a few days ago. I quite like it.

However, now I'm going to end up going to Toys 'R Us and buying ponies at some point... Which is something I've done before, but not something I expected to ever do again :p

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
DrForester said:
Don't know what's more funny.

That arguments over the politics of My Little Pony exist, or that it's a better read than Politi-GAF....

Since when has PoliGAF been a place for the intelligent discussion of political ideologies?

Rarity.
Putting aside her own feelings and cheering for Fluttershy. She even swayed the audience on what was a complete debacle on that runway. She gets points for that.

Pinkie.
She is always watching and stealing every scene she's in. Forever.

Fluttershy.
Still my number 1. Amazing.

Twilight.
Shoving fruit in her mouth to prevent herself from speaking. She was highly enjoyable in this episode.

Applejack.
I'm sure she had Fluttershy's permission for those stickers, right?

Dash.
Basically wasn't around for this one.

Spike.
Will tolerate great pain but only if it comes from Rarity.

Pollux

Confused101 said:
Rarity.
Putting aside her own feelings and cheering for Fluttershy. She even swayed the audience on what was a complete debacle on that runway. She gets points for that.

Pinkie.
She is always watching and stealing every scene she's in. Forever.

Fluttershy.
Still my number 1. Amazing.

Twilight.
Shoving fruit in her mouth to prevent herself from speaking. She was highly enjoyable in this episode.

Applejack.
I'm sure she had Fluttershy's permission for those stickers, right?

Dash.
Basically wasn't around for this one.

Spike.
Will tolerate great pain but only if it comes from Rarity.

Dude. Best. AVATAR. EVER

Dr. Pangloss said:
Made some gifs of the new episode.
hnQNJ.gif

Will do more later tonight or tomorrow.

It should be slower like this. At least I found it funner for how slow and creepy it was

Q2Qxl.gif

bloodforge said:
Pinkie popping up going "forever!" all that episode had me cracking up.

Same here. I didn't think it could get any better than last week's episode. Yet this was a real winner.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Flying_Phoenix said:
Pinkie is like the best cartoon character ever.

Look, I like Pinkie. She's hysterical. But come on man.

Come on.

She ain't no Bugs Bunny. She ain't no Donald or Daffy Duck. She ain't no Goofy. She ain't no Ren nor Stimpy.

Now if you said greatest female cartoon character, I might have let that one slide.

ZealousD said:
Look, I like Pinkie. She's hysterical. But come on man.

Come on.

She ain't no Bugs Bunny. She ain't no Donald or Daffy Duck. She ain't no Goofy. She ain't no Ren nor Stimpy.

Now if you said greatest female cartoon character, I might have let that one slide.

Have to kinda agree with this. Female or of this generation, sure.

Found this on Poiniboru. Hystrerical

YVuvD.jpg

Several episodes in now, and yep this is good clean fun, with some surprisingly fantastic characters. I've managed to get a few people into it aswell, and I was surprised to hear a couple were closet fans already.

Hey Foxix I've just seen my section in your avatar page ^.^ I am honoured.

Though I didn't make this one: http://i.imgur.com/r5vxu.gif

So is Green Isn't Your Colour everyone's favourite ep now? I thought it was good but I want more Twilight episodes, Winter Wrap Up and Bridle Gossip are up there for me mainly because the whole cast are in it.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Watchet the ep a second time, and I think this really is the best so far. Just SO MANY great moments! Twilights Pinkie swear, Pinkies random FOREVERRRRRs, the hilarious Photo Finish entries and exits (also: "Wat haz just happent?"), the incredible animations again, every single scene Twilight is irritated, poor Fluttershy in the spotlight, Rarity being jealous but still being as nice as possible to Fluttershy and feeling really bad for it (every other cartoon would just make her plain evil-jealous), it's just so damn good :)

Edit: Also, the cutie marks of the paparazzi pegasi aren't cameras or photos or something - they are money. Goddamnit.

Koomaster

Bufbaf said:
Watchet the ep a second time, and I think this really is the best so far. Just SO MANY great moments! Twilights Pinkie swear, Pinkies random FOREVERRRRRs, the hilarious Photo Finish entries and exits (also: "Wat haz just happent?"), the incredible animations again, every single scene Twilight is irritated, poor Fluttershy in the spotlight, Rarity being jealous but still being as nice as possible to Fluttershy and feeling really bad for it (every other cartoon would just make her plain evil-jealous), it's just so damn good :)

Edit: Also, the cutie marks of the paparazzi pegasi aren't cameras or photos or something - they are money. Goddamnit.
Like I posted, I was laughing pretty much the whole episode. As much as I like the musical episodes, every second of this one was simply amazing. I get a smile on my face just thinking about all the different parts of the episode. :D

Foxix Von

Myke Greywolf said:
I made this one, thanks for noticing.
Woops! My bad, I'll fix it in just a minute here, sorry. There's a lot of avis to keep track of ^^;

Sorry Myke! If you'd like I can make a separate section for you as well. The only reason I haven't is because I've noticed you are making them by request and I wasn't sure if their dibsers were finished with them permanently or not haha.

Steamlord

I think this was one of Twilight's best episodes, along with Boast Busters and Winter Wrap-Up.

Unfortunately, I can't call this my favorite episode because of the complete lack of Rainbow Dash, however irrelevant she may have been to the plot. It's definitely up there, though.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
how the christ has this got 30 pages. you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Speevy

Banned
If this thread were a convention, you'd have a bunch of men in their 20s and early 30s talking about and passing around pictures of cartoon ponies.

Speevy said:
If this thread were a convention, you'd have a bunch of men in their 20s and early 30s talking about and passing around pictures of cartoon ponies.

So... it would be like any other nerd convention?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom