• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZealousD said:
No, I made an argument. I made the argument that this is just like a grown woman liking Transformers. You never addressed that. Instead, you attacked my character by saying you didn't want your kids around me.
No, I didn't attack your character, I just said I didn't want my kids around you. Are you okay with that, sir?

Honey Bunches of Alex said:
How do you derive me being a closed-minded bigot from my comments? Do you even know me? Why are you being so judgmental? How am I personally attacking anyone? I disagree so therefore I'm attacking? What? LOL

You don't even have an argument, you're the one on the attack.

You need a hug.

You should've at least waited until you hit member status before going off on a tangent.

Jeez, the fact that a GameFAQs thread on a vile board has way less trolling is rather alarming here.

wsippel

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
That doesn't look like Twilight Sparkle.

That doesn't look like Twilight Sparkle at all.
The miniatures resemble the show much closer:

adni3c.jpg

Shanadeus

Banned
Is a manly man?
Check.

Don't agree with the trans-gaf thread?
Check.

You sound like you're a bigot, will be interesting to hear your views on homosexuals/group marriages/religious people (including Islam).

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
No, I didn't attack your character, I just said I didn't want my kids around you. Are you okay with that, sir?

If you're not attacking my character, than why are you saying you don't want your kids around me? Do you think I'm going to do something to them? That I'm going to poison their minds or something?

Shanadeus said:
Is a manly man?
Check.

Don't agree with the trans-gaf thread?
Check.

You sound like you're a bigot, will be interesting to hear your views on homosexuals/group marriages/religious people (including Islam).
You're making quite a bit of assumptions, here. You're being prejudiced. Isn't that a no-no here?

Edit: So basically being a "manly man" implies I'm a bigot? So you truly believe all men should be feminine? What?

ZealousD said:
If you're not attacking my character, than why are you saying you don't want your kids around me? Do you think I'm going to do something to them? That I'm going to poison their minds or something?
Quit reading into it, I just don't want my kids around a strange man who enjoys a 7-year-old girl's TV show, that's all. Is there something wrong with that?

Shanadeus

Banned
You're making quite a bit of assumptions, here. You're being prejudiced. Isn't that a no-no here?

Edit: So basically being a "manly man" implies I'm a bigot? So you truly believe all men should be feminine? What?
I also disagree with that thread, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Keep on talking.

Being a manly man essentially means that you have a very stereotypical view of what a man should and should not do - which I believe is the reason you don't agree with the trans-gaf thread.

Foxix Von

samoset said:
Why is Princess Celestia pink?

Hahaha I saw an ad on tv for that and had to do a double take. I nearly spat out my coffee.

Another good question is why is spike on all fours? He's bipedal and I don't think I've ever seen him crawling around like that.

Shanadeus said:
Keep on talking.

Being a manly man essentially means that you have a very stereotypical view of what a man should and should not do - which I believe is the reason you don't agree with the trans-gaf thread.
But you're stereotyping me now, aren't you? I'm feeling oppressed here.

Furret

Banned
MacAttack said:
Just got back from Target where I bought my daughter a Twilight Sparkle pony and my neice a Rainbow Dash RC plane. Happy to report there is a ton of MLP:FiM merch out there.

mlpmnrk.jpg

That's rubbish, it doesn't look anything like Twilight Sparkle.

Are there any toys that are based on the cartoon models at all?

I'm thinking a little set of the principle characters, maybe 2 inch tall or so, would look great on my desk.

Foxix said:
Heads up to all the Super Ponybeat fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqG75V2Uxqo&feature=channel_video_title

It looks like he's had some issues of copyright infringement due to some of the random audio clips he uses in his uh... random videos. He makes it sound as if something happens again they'll shut down his channel and he'll have to switch to his alternate account.

That sucks. I love all the music that people have come up with - will have to d/l some of it just in case.

Sucks that this thread goes so much faster when there's trolling and arguments.

Kelthink said:
I'll ask again: what's your opinion on transgendered people?
Totally don't want to backseat mod here, but the guy is obviously trying to be antagonising on purpose. If you think what he said was against GAF TOS then you should PM a mod, not discuss it here.

Furret said:

Are there any toys that are based on the cartoon models at all?

I'm thinking a little set of the principle characters, maybe 2 inch tall or so, would look great on my desk.
Yep! I've seen some on Ponychan that looked quite similar to the show's Ponies, though apparently there's a lot of inaccuracies.

Seda

Mechanical Snowman said:

I agree. Never posted in here, but when it's staying near the top for so long..pretty obvious somethings going down.

Shanadeus

Banned
I'm not stereotyping you, I'm merely painting an accurate picture of you based on what you've written here.

I'm also interested in why you disagree with the trans-gad thread.

Are you against the design of the thread itself or what it's about?

Furret

Banned
Oops, sorry didn't see these latest updates.

Those miniatures are pretty cool but who's the big pink pony - or is that a spoiler?

More importantly: where can you get these from?

Kelthink

Mechanical Snowman said:

Totally don't want to backseat mod here, but the guy is obviously trying to be antagonising on purpose. If you think what he said was against GAF TOS then you should PM a mod, not discuss it here.

Fair enough. It's driving wildly off-topic anyway.

Foxix Von

Furret said:

Those miniatures are pretty cool but who's the big pink pony - or is that a spoiler?

It's supposed to be Princess Celestia.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Quit reading into it, I just don't want my kids around a strange man who enjoys a 7-year-old girl's TV show, that's all. Is there something wrong with that?

The problem I have with that is that you can't even defend your position. You simply imply that I'm potentially damaging to your children without any sort of argument to back it up. Your position is "Well, you're strange and disturbing. You're strange and disturbing because you watch a kid's show. And that's strange and disturbing, because, well, it just is".

I've made the effort to elaborate and explain myself (twice) as to why I don't believe that what I do is disturbing. And you aren't addressing that. You're just continuing to say I'm disturbing.

So either you engage in a meaningful discussion as to why you think watching a kid's show is disturbing, or I'll continue to call you a troll and a bigot.

Shanadeus said:
I'm not stereotyping you, I'm merely painting an accurate picture of you based on what you've written here.
I did the same thing. How are you any different?

I'm also interested in why you disagree with the trans-gad thread.

Are you against the design of the thread itself or what it's about?
I am against what it's about. Why? Because I think people should accept their gender until the end of their days.

This isn't about trans-GAF, though.

ZealousD said:
The problem I have with that is that you can't even defend your position. You simply imply that I'm potentially damaging to your children without any sort of argument to back it up. Your position is "Well, you're strange and disturbing. You're strange and disturbing because you watch a kid's show. And that's strange and disturbing, because, well, it just is".

I've made the effort to elaborate and explain myself (twice) as to why I don't believe that what I do is disturbing. And you aren't addressing that. You're just continuing to say I'm disturbing.

So either you engage in a meaningful discussion as to why you think watching a kid's show is disturbing, or I'll continue to call you a troll and a bigot.
Because it's a poor example of what a man is. That's just my opinion. If you don't like it, that's perfectly fine!

MacAttack

Junior to Junior advise, just back away from the thread. You've made your point, you've defended your (manly) honor. And your not adding anything constructive to this discussion. Time to go.

You guys just don't appreciate the combable mane. :)

MacAttack said:
Junior to Junior advise, just back away from the thread. You've made your point, you've defended your (manly) honor. And your not adding anything constructive to this discussion. Time to go.
Finally, a diligent response!

I bid ye all farewell for this thread. If anyone wishes to partake in further discussion, feel free to PM me.

I never said anyone here was a bad or terrible person, for the record ;).

Furret

Banned
Foxix said:
It's supposed to be Princess Celestia.

Really? That one needs to be at least 20% cooler. Probably more.

The other ones are good though, is there any more? I'd really like all six of the main team.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I just finished episode 14 - Suited for Success. Can't belive I'm enjoying watching ponies have a fashion show so much.

As a Youtube comment put it:

*Looks over shoulder*

No one must ever know

Shanadeus said:
I'm looking forward to the finale, it will be epic I reckon.

I was kind of hoping for a two part finale, something epic that explains the old ruins or the Everfree Forest(sp?) not that I don't like the episodic structure.

John Dunbar said:
I just finished episode 14 - Suited for Success. Can't belive I'm enjoying watching ponies have a fashion show so much.

As a Youtube comment put it:

*Looks over shoulder*

No one must ever know

You should check out the 8-bit version of 'The Art of The Dress' on youtube that someone posted. So good.

Bufbaf said:
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3456/emailfail.png
Lol, I saw a couple more like this as well. One guy accidentally wrote 'everypony' on some college paper instead of 'everyone'. Not sure if any of them are real but it's funny to think so.

Shanadeus

Banned
I did the same thing. How are you any different?

Because I defend my position whereas you deflect any criticism by saying it's your personal opinion.

You're a manly man because you have a rigid view of what constitutes a man.
Examples of this rigidity can be seen in many of your posts such as "people should accept their gender until the end of their days" and "people should accept their gender until the end of their days"

I am against what it's about. Why? Because I think people should accept their gender until the end of their days.

This isn't about trans-GAF, though.

You're right, take the discussion there if you want to continue it (because I believe many will want to do the same.)

Baby Jesus said:
I was kind of hoping for a two part finale, something epic that explains the old ruins or the Everfree Forest(sp?) not that I don't like the episodic structure.
It isn't a two parter?

That's a shame.

Foxix Von

Baby Jesus said:

You should check out the 8-bit version of 'The Art of The Dress' on youtube that someone posted. So good.

I have a feeling they are saving the galloping gala til the end of the series. I think we might have to wait for the second season to get an explanation as to what the heck is going on with the everfree forest.

wsippel

Banned
Furret said:

The big pink pony is supposed to be Celestia, but they fucked up the colors. Don't know where to get them, but they're cheap - $2 each. There also seem to be different poses:

http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details....10D7-A98580E3C94D&product_id=27217&src=endeca

http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details....10BB-97FD10CD558A&product_id=27971&src=endeca
http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details....108C-FD4F43A9E00B&product_id=27976&src=endeca
http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details....1042-D9B947F212FF&product_id=27973&src=endeca
http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details....10DC-D28C00C7466F&product_id=27972&src=endeca
http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details....1010-DF6DA8D9B2BA&product_id=27974&src=endeca

EDIT: No Fluttershy for some weird reason...

Foxix said:
I have a feeling they are saving the galloping gala til the end of the series. I think we might have to wait for the second season to get an explanation as to what the heck is going on with the everfree forest.

Hope so. That's quite the build up to the Grand Galloping Gala that we've had. I would love it to be a two-parter, I haven't heard anything to the contrary - I'm just going on what Lauren Faust said about the structure that Hasbro wanted. They really need to fully hand her the reins to the show. badum-tsh.

Baby Jesus said:
Hope so. That's quite the build up to the Grand Galloping Gala that we've had. I would love it to be a two-parter, I haven't heard anything to the contrary - I'm just going on what Lauren Faust said about the structure that Hasbro wanted. They really need to fully hand her the reins to the show. badum-tsh.

Maybe Faust can pony up the support to get the series done her way.
Less horsing around with the structure, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom