• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KtSlime

Foxix said:
Heads up to all the Super Ponybeat fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqG75V2Uxqo&feature=channel_video_title

It looks like he's had some issues of copyright infringement due to some of the random audio clips he uses in his uh... random videos. He makes it sound as if something happens again they'll shut down his channel and he'll have to switch to his alternate account.

Anti-pony anon sending copyright infringement reports possibly?

What ever happened to fair use?

Internet ponyphobia is a pretty funny phenomena, but I was hoping people educated enough to use the more obscure portions of the Internet were also more mature.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Honey Bunches of Alex said:
Because it's a poor example of what a man is.

First off, I don't think genders live in boxes. I think every person should ultimately act in ways that make themselves feel good and comfortable as long as they aren't hurting anybody else. You obviously don't. You feel a need to conform to the gender expectations of society. Yet those gender expectations are constantly evolving. Remember when women were expected to be stay at home moms? This is no longer expected. I'm more interested in doing what I like and then let those gender expectations change with me. For example, I'm not all that interested in sports. Society tells me that as a man, I should enjoy them. But I don't. And I'm not going to magically start watching football every Sunday just because society expects me to.

Secondly, the reasons that I enjoy this show are completely gender neutral. The show is well-animated for a flash cartoon. The characters are enjoyable to watch. There are lots of funny moments. It has absolutely nothing to do with the bright colors, or the fact that the characters are ponies. Well, okay, maybe a little bit, but it's mostly out of a feeling of irony. I can laugh at myself for enjoying something that's essentially a show for little girls.

Edit: Hrm, you left. Oh well. Other people can read my thoughts then.

wsippel

Banned
Furret said:
Perfect, thanks very much - just what I was after.

Hope they do a Fluttershy and properly-coloured Celestia though.
I'm not sure, but those figures seem to be the same that are or were available at McDonalds in the US? It seems there is a matching Fluttershy after all:

20hm2ae.jpg

FiM ponies are not available in Germany, sadly... :(

Furret

Banned
wsippel said:
I'm not sure, but those figures seem to be the same that are or were available at McDonalds in the US? It seems there is a matching Fluttershy after all:

20hm2ae.jpg

Well, they do seem oddly keen on the Nazi salute.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
samoset said:
Why is Princess Celestia pink?
Hasbro doesn't care about consistency. "PRINCESS! MUST BE PINK!"
Furret said:
That's rubbish, it doesn't look anything like Twilight Sparkle.
Nothing that a pair of scissors and some styling spray can't handle.
Because it's a poor example of what a man is. That's just my opinion. If you don't like it, that's perfectly fine!
I think I finally figured out who this guy is...

Reminder: you're posting in a videogame forum.

Also...

CIlSz.jpg

Use freely when adequate.

Nishastra

Banned
No store websites seem to acknowledge the existence of any of those except for the "gift set"...

And you can't order them direct from Hasbro, either.

I wants them! Guess I'll have to actually go look around :p

ZealousD

Okay, so now I feel like I need to address the other discussion that was going on in this thread.

Merchandise, guys? Really? You're not actually going out and buying that crap, are you?

wsippel said:

20hm2ae.jpg

Oh man. I don't even know if it airs officially over here but I will shamelessly order a Happy Meal if that's what I have to do.

ZealousD said:
Okay, so now I feel like I need to address the other discussion that was going on in this thread.

Merchandise, guys? Really? You're not actually going out and buying that crap, are you?

I don;t buy any dolls or action figures (not since I was 6 and had a bunch of Batman stuff anyway), but is it all that different from people buying anime figurines of young girls?

ZealousD

AceBandage said:
I don;t buy any dolls or action figures (not since I was 6 and had a bunch of Batman stuff anyway), but is it all that different from people buying anime figurines of young girls?

You're right, it's not. I also think it's dumb when people buy anime figurines or Star Wars action figures, too.

Guess I'm just not a fan of chinese modeled plastic. Seems like worthless consumerism to me.

Foxix Von

ZealousD said:

I'm not likely to go too far out of my way to find one. However if I see one while I'm out and about for two bucks, while I can't say I'll definitely buy one, I definitely can't guarantee that I won't either.

The shirts though, are very likely to be purchased next month.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
ZealousD said:
You are right. Sculpting our own figures, is where it's at. *irony*

In all seriousness, if I see a figure that I like somewhere, and it's not too expensive, I'll probably buy it. And then I'll finally be able to surround my über-manly Kamina figure with adorable ponies.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Myke Greywolf said:
In all seriousness, if I see a figure that I like somewhere, and it's not too expensive, I'll probably buy it.
whyks.jpg

Yeah, me too :) But it's kinda unlikely over here, as wsippel pointed out :(

I don't usually bother with figures apart from freebies, but I would be severely tempted if there was a Rainbow Dash figurine resting on a cloud. She could join my legless Tachikoma and busted Big Daddy.

Koomaster

Can we just like not talk to trolls at all. I just don't even want to read their opinions or their reasoning for such. ~______~;

As for the toys, I have been thinking about picking some up, but I was wondering if I should wait for the next line when they will look more like the characters in the show. Someone styled the hair of the current toys that are out now and did a REALLY great job. I am wondering how hard it would be to do that. I've been going back and forth between trying my hand at that, or waiting.

For the record, I collected the ponies in the 80's, so I already have a huge collection; so what's a couple more. ^____^;;

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Koomaster said:
Someone styled the hair of the current toys that are out now and did a REALLY great job.

- I would feel very weird styling some toys' hair.
+ They look awesome

Damn. I kinda hope I never find those by chance.

MacAttack

The hair on these ponies is a mess (like all cheap doll hair). They look all neat and manageable in the box but once you run the comb through them once they turn into a frizzy hairball. Unless you are a professional stylist you have no chance of getting it to look like that.

Then again I am just a dude with no hair styling experience, maybe fashion-GAF can set me straight on this one.

McDonalds MLP promo is over, they are now running a Barbie promo so dont go rushing out to the Arches trying to buy a happy meal.

Koomaster

MacAttack said:
The hair on these ponies is a mess (like all cheap doll hair). They look all neat and manageable in the box but once you run the comb through them once they turn into a frizzy hairball. Unless you are a professional stylist you have no chance of getting it to look like that.

Then again I am just a dude with no hair styling experience, maybe fashion-GAF can set me straight on this one.

McDonalds MLP promo is over, they are now running a Barbie promo so dont go rushing out to the Arches trying to buy a happy meal.
Yeah you'd have to work with extremely hot water to get the hair straight first before you did anything else with it. As shown by the pictures it's very possible to work with the hair. I honestly don't think they would look any worse off than they do straight out of the package unless you just completely chopped their hair off, lol.

So it's worth a try if you get one. Maybe try someone easy like Apple Jack's. I think the hardest one to do would either be Fluttershy (have to bleach it or something, it's way too pink - the person from the pics above did a great job of softening it up) or Rarity with the curls.

OMG Aero

ZealousD said:

Don't tar everyone with the same brush. Some people just watch the show.

Mechanical Snowman said:
oh man

http://i56.tinypic.com/kar0bd.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

That's so sad. Looks like Pinkie finally snapped and went on a mad rampage ;) The downcast balloon just makes that picture.

[QUOTE=Foxix]I'm just going to leave this here and let it linger:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3w3v7.gif

Okay, I'll bite... WHAT IS THIS? The suspense is killing me.

Baby Jesus said:
That's so sad. Looks like Pinkie finally snapped and went on a mad rampage ;) The downcast balloon just makes that picture.

Okay, I'll bite... WHAT IS THIS? The suspense is killing me.
Rarity's hoof when she'd been in the bath for too long. I love the way Foxix actually made it avatar size, as if anyone would want to use it :lol

And that Pinkie Pie image is just killing me ;_; I had to post it here to share the burden.

Mechanical Snowman said:
Rarity's hoof when she'd been in the bath for too long. I love the way Foxix actually made it avatar size, as if anyone would want to use it :lol

And that Pinkie Pie image is just killing me ;_; I had to post it here to share the burden.

THANK YOU! It would make a great avatar for a stealth pony fan ;) That Pinkie pic is eerie, you can read anything into it. Hopefully it's not Mr and Mrs Pie.

EDIT: I meant Mr and Mrs Cake. Mr and Mrs Pie would be even sadder :'(

G-Fex

K EVERYONE

I saw the rest of the pilot. I was all depressed about not wanting to play WoW for the first time ever. So I cheered myself up with PONIES.

gosh I love pinkie pie. Even princess luna was cute.

Squeeeeeee I kinda want a pinkie pie avvy

Dai101

Banned
Smision said:
You guys have MLP figure collections? Show off your rooms and your mlp shrines.

Nope. I just like the show and that's all. Hell, i don't even owned G.I. joe's when i was a kid.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
G-Fex said:
K EVERYONE

I saw the rest of the pilot. I was all depressed about not wanting to play WoW for the first time ever. So I cheered myself up with PONIES.

gosh I love pinkie pie. Even princess luna was cute.

Squeeeeeee I kinda want a pinkie pie avvy

NOW you can speak with some degree of authority about the show. Thank you for taking the time to watch it. Watching pony beats playing WoW any day of the week, IMHO.

If you don't fancy any of Foxix's avatars, I'll try to make one for you from the last episode as soon as I finish downloading the 1080p version. Lots of Pinkie Pie avatar fodder on this one. :)

G-Fex

Myke Greywolf said:
NOW you can speak with some degree of authority about the show. Thank you for taking the time to watch it. Watching pony beats playing WoW any day of the week, IMHO.

If you don't fancy any of Foxix's avatars, I'll try to make one for you from the last episode as soon as I finish downloading the 1080p version. Lots of Pinkie Pie avatar fodder on this one. :)

I need to look through Foxix's avatars. Though my avvy will be tough to top seeing as it's made me well who I am.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
eh, new episode was forgettable if not for pinkie.

i expect more from a fluttershy episode.

that scream almost gave me a stroke though.

FoxSpirit

TheExodu5 said:
Her mom better be called Bravewind.

Good god! *has to think about 'Braveheart'... you know, the space sheriff* >.<

Pandaman said:
eh, new episode was forgettable if not for pinkie.

i expect more from a fluttershy episode.

that scream almost gave me a stroke though.

Anna Wintour compels you to BOW to this episode :p

29ffu6u.jpg

Koomaster

G-Fex said:
I want to see fluttershy's parents!
I cannot wait for the Parent's Day episode. I wonder if we will see any cross breeding between Earth/Pegasus/Unicorn to produce our main cast. It would sort of make sense for Fluttershy to have Earth/Pegasus parents; as while she has wings, she is also very connected to the earth and animals. She doesn't live in the clouds like Rainbow Dash.

Also I wonder if Unicorns can be like Muggle Borns as in Harry Potter? The result of two Earth ponies can sometimes produce a Unicorn.

I'm already too excited thinking about this. :p

Jintor

Adult. Men. My. Little. Pony.

It doesn't sit well with me. That's normal. GAF is plagued with homosexuals and liberals who feel secure around another. People here support each other, so therefore we have these liberal, LBGT, and pedo threads that are acceptable.

Go out on the town and start a My Little Pony club... see how that sits with parents.

Also, over-sensitive grown ass men don't sit well with me either. That's pussy shit.

Jintor said:
Finally, a diligent response!

I bid ye all farewell for this thread. If anyone wishes to partake in further discussion, feel free to PM me.

I never said anyone here was a bad or terrible person, for the record ;).
Dude, I missed the entire discussion, but I don't see how saying "I don't want my kids around you" isn't an implication about the quality of the people you're talking to - joking or no. Pony-GAF is more sensitive about it because a week ago someone changed their thread title and the entire thread was basically consumed with people calling them creepy pedophiles for a day or two.

That said, I wouldn't want my kids meeting randoms from the internet either!

Honey Bunches of Alex
Banned
(Today, 10:58 AM)
Reply | Quote
Fwd

Feels good gaf

Uchip

Banned
Koomaster said:
I cannot wait for the Parent's Day episode. I wonder if we will see any cross breeding between Earth/Pegasus/Unicorn to produce our main cast. It would sort of make sense for Fluttershy to have Earth/Pegasus parents; as while she has wings, she is also very connected to the earth and animals. She doesn't live in the clouds like Rainbow Dash.

Also I wonder if Unicorns can be like Muggle Borns as in Harry Potter? The result of two Earth ponies can sometimes produce a Unicorn.

i would call any excitement about the cross breeding of unicorns too excited

G-Fex

Koomaster said:

And of course Pinkie Pie's parents! Teehee, imagine if they're all serious and go "Yes we're aware of Pinkie Pie" :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom