• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

geeko

Shed_a_Ninja said:
I agree with other GAFfers:

Flash animation sucks.

That is all.

pinkiehicJ7RBT.gif

Zomba13

Any Bronies up for a Japan donation drive? The amount of pony haters wanting to donate for a thread lock but not donating since the thread got locked has made me want to give more, to make up for those guys flaking out.

Jintor

I'll put in a fifty. (Aus dollars, but)

How does this work? Do I just donate it and say I've donated it? Never done a forum one before.

Let's just keep it in this thread and not trumpet it around. I'm sick of fighting this battle against stupidity.

Zomba13

Jintor said:
I'll put in a fifty. (Aus dollars, but)

How does this work? Do I just donate it and say I've donated it? Never done a forum one before.

Let's just keep it in this thread and not trumpet it around. I'm sick of fighting this battle against stupidity.
No clue how it'd work. I'm rubbish at organising stuff >.>
I plan on donating at least £10. Want to give more but need to see how much money is coming out of my account this week.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Zomba13 said:
Any Bronies up for a Japan donation drive? The amount of pony haters wanting to donate for a thread lock but not donating since the thread got locked has made me want to give more, to make up for those guys flaking out.
thats cool but be careful this doesnt contribute to a sense of exclusion in this thread

Regardless of why you're doing it publicizing donations feels tacky. If you're able and willing to donate just go ahead and do it, then feel good knowing you did it for the right reason.

daffy

Banned
-COOLIO- said:
thats cool but be careful this doesnt contribute to a sense of exclusion in this thread
With the way some OT posters treat us like we're a separate entity its hard not to have that sense though :(

UNIVERSE PARADOX PROBLEM THING! MY HEAD A SPLODE!!
Why the FUCK does Rarity run a Dressmaker shop when all the Ponies never wear anything!?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
ChronicleX said:
UNIVERSE PARADOX PROBLEM THING! MY HEAD A SPLODE!!
Why the FUCK does Rarity run a Dressmaker shop when all the Ponies never wear anything!?
Actually, I think it's much better explained here than in a lot of other "animal protagonists running around partly naked, partly with clothes" cartoon shows: They are wearing dresses and stuff just for fashion, on balls, galas and the like. See how all fashion-affiliated ponys almost always wear something, most "casual" outfits are basically being naked, and everyone wears dresses at galas.

Now if someone could explain to me why Mickey just wears pants while Donald just wears a sweater.. ;)

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Hate all you want, but even if the thread didn't accomplish it's goal, me and another poster just sent off about 20 bucks to the JRC. For me that's good enough.
I guess we could say you had to pony up for it.

Sorry.

blamite

Dammit, Just watched the first two episodes, and I think I'm hooked.
This section from the OP pretty much nails it.
- A compact cast of easily identifiable, likeable characters, following certain archetypes but with surprisingly multi-layered personalities.
- A world with well-defined rules and mythology.
- Simple but well-written stories revolving around the theme of "friendship". This may seem somewhat limiting, but allows for relateable and realistic conflict between characters that can be resolved within the 22 minutes of each episode.
- Excellent voice acting for every. Single. Character.
- Extremely appealing character designs and surprisingly fluid and detailed flash animation, particularly for character expressions.
- Great comedy sense, with cartoon wackiness mixed in with surprising references to other shows and popular culture (nothing too obtrusive, don't worry).
- Morals that are transmitted in a way that doesn't feel like getting hit with a stick in the head, and that apply to adults as well as children.
- A lack of the cynicism that seems to infect most pop culture these days. This is a genuinely good-natured show, and a welcomed change of climate to those tired of the rudeness and nastiness that is pervasive in almost everything we see on TV.
Something something confound something

Cheerilee

Dead Man said:
So... I have a request. I have very low Pshop skills, hence my same, simple avatar for years, and I haven't watched the show, and probably never will, but if someone could add a pony into my avatar, maybe between the colour cycles, I would supply them with 1 internet. I am just sick of the hate this thread is getting.
If you would like a more subtle one, I inserted a silhouette of Derpy, using the medium color of your avatar, so she's only visible when it shifts to the extremes.

emLaW.gif

Matt_C

Not sure if this is on Direct TV but would a 3-4 niece follow this show? She is from the UK (lives in the US now) and likes Piggle Wiggle, Dora, PBS Kids, Nick JR, and Sesame Street. She attends a Montessori preschool and she acts a little tomboyish.
Never seen the show but the concept sure beats young girls watching iCarly and preeteen fame shows.

SmokyDave

Dead Man said:
So... I have a request. I have very low Pshop skills, hence my same, simple avatar for years, and I haven't watched the show, and probably never will, but if someone could add a pony into my avatar, maybe between the colour cycles, I would supply them with 1 internet. I am just sick of the hate this thread is getting.
We need to have words.

You're sleeping in the bath until this gets fixed.

Dead Man

ruby_onix said:
If you would like a more subtle one, I inserted a silhouette of Derpy, using the medium color of your avatar, so she's only visible when it shifts to the extremes.

emLaW.gif
Sorry, ivedoneyourmom, I think I need to use this one. Maybe I can figure out how to do that rotating avatar thing people seem to do.

SmokyDave said:
We need to have words.

You're sleeping in the bath until this gets fixed.
So... not in the sink any more? That's a promotion, right?

Cheerilee

Myke Greywolf said:
A Mod removed the Youtube links section from the OP WIP. Oh well.
That's a good thing. It means a mod cares. They don't want to see wholesale copyright violations, but they took the time to fix it themselves instead of just nuking the thread.

And on the topic of Derpy/Ditzy's name, Lauren's recent sketch of the character being auctioned off for charity says "Derpy" in the filename.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t19/loocyloo/Derpy_11.jpg

Jintor

That thread about the charity/SomethingAwful stuff is going places. I guess I should just be glad all the trolls are out there instead of in here. Interesting stuff, either way.

OMG Aero

Jintor said:
That thread about the charity/SomethingAwful stuff is going places. I guess I should just be glad all the trolls are out there instead of in here. Interesting stuff, either way.
I just read through that thread and it's hilarious how much some people are annoyed by the existence of this thread, to the point where I think one guy was getting a Firefox add on just to block avatars.
Shanadeus said:
Advice: Don't bring up or even defend MLP in that thread.

Let them just hate over there.
Yeah, it's pretty clear some people are trying to start flame wars to add to add fuel to their "Let's ban MLP" fire. It's exactly like what happened at /co/ and SA, so it's better and funnier to just watch them meltdown on their own over a thread they can just ignore.

Yeah, as long as they don't bring it in here.

I know it's immature as fuck but there's something satisfying knowing that PonyGAF's very existence is infuriating so many people. Especially Jenga. LOL.

Shanadeus said:
Huh, I must have accidentally removed it.
Hopefully we can still refer people to YouTube, just not with direct links.

Cheerilee

OMG Aero said:
I just read through that thread and it's hilarious how much some people are annoyed by the existence of this thread, to the point where I think one guy was getting a Firefox add on just to block avatars.
Back in the 80's, I knew a kid who would, whenever a My Little Pony or Barbie commercial aired on TV, get up, run to the TV, change the dial to another channel and count to 30 before changing it back.

I remember because it pissed me off occasionally having to miss 5 seconds of a show because of it. He was willing to get in a fistfight to make those commercials go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom