• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
NTBcH.gif

Looks like we got us a competition. Challenge you to a hoof race from Fall Weather Friends.

Hmm, I guess I could. Let me go look for one. Need something a little bit political. I liked that one with Rainbow Dash with the American flag.

Shanadeus

Banned
Agh, they're both okay but both also have big problems.

Mechanical Snowman said:
2rc3i4y.jpg

How's this? The fade in effect was a bitch.

Yeah, the transition between open eyes and closed eyes look a bit weird.

I'm leaning towards this one:

EDIT: If you could make it so that it's just her talking and eyes open (maybe with her cheeks moving up and down) then it'd be perfect.

Dr. Pangloss said:
NTBcH.gif

Looks like we got us a competition. Challenge you to a hoof race from Fall Weather Friends.

But Piny Pie look very horizontally compressed

Foxix Von

Mechanical Snowman said:
I'll let Dr. Pangloss sort it out. If they're different enough Foxix can just throw mine onto the avatar megapage.

Speaking of Foxix, where is he?

Nope.

Right here! Since Shanadeus snagged it I don't need to edit it into the wall. Err unless I need to edit something else into it?

Choppasmith said:
Equestria Daily has an interview with MLP Composer and Songwriter Daniel Ingram
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/03/daniel-ingram-interview-has-arrived.html#more

Coolest part

OMGOMGOMGOMG /dash
Every.. pony... solo

will organise a week off in preparation of being rendered inept and emotionally unstable by cuteness of such magnitude. And I look forward to Fluttershy singing, I am still bitter that everypony got a solo in Wrap Up but her, when she has the nicest voice.

Yeah Foxix don't worry about it, they're too similar for two people to be using 1 each :)

Foxix Von

Shanadeus said:
You can edit this one into it:

2rc3i4y.jpg

I could, but to avoid mixups I've been removing any duplicate avatars that are of the same scenes. If you guys really want it up there I'll edit it in but, seeing two people with nearly the exact same face is sort of strange, no?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Choppasmith said:
Equestria Daily has an interview with MLP Composer and Songwriter Daniel Ingram
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/03/daniel-ingram-interview-has-arrived.html#more

Coolest part

This is a great interview, and that part also had me become hyped to heaven and back. I can't wait to hear that!

Not only is the man a talented composer ("Winter Wrap-Up" is one of the catchiest tunes I've heard lately), he's in on the Internet popularity phenomenon and cool with it.
Bufbaf said:
The song is kinda, uh, yeah, but the video editing in this video is so good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1GRj6CNSGg
This "song" always makes me laugh, for some reason. Rainbow Dash on it, makes it about 20% cooler.

Shanadeus

Banned
Foxix said:
I could, but to avoid mixups I've been removing any duplicate avatars that are of the same scenes. If you guys really want it up there I'll edit it in but, seeing two people with nearly the exact same face is sort of strange, no?
You're right.

Wouldn't want anyone else with a too similar avatar.

Foxix said:
Mechanical Snowman said:
Yeah Foxix don't worry about it, they're too similar for two people to be using 1 each :)

On an unrelated note, I re-watched Friendship is Magic just now and it's so good. I don't know why it has adopted a sort of reputation of being worse than the main show. In the first episode there is hilarious chemistry between Twilight and Spike, particularly when she talks to him in baby talk, and when he laughs at her crazy hair.

All the main characters are also at their best in this episode and are a good example of what to expect from each through out the series. In fact I'd say it's quite impressive how the characters are presented as accurately as they are during their brief screen time; there are no inconsistencies between their introduction and how they act in every other episode (apart from when the narrative forces it like in Suited for Success).

All in all it's one of my new favourite episodes, and while it might not give such a good example of the episodic format that all the other episodes utilise it's definitely up there in writing / animation / character quality.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
LiK said:
finally saw some clips. WTF is this? and why are the ponies so damn cute? i mean, they're practically MOE!

Only Fluttershy and the CMC's are truly moe on the show. The rest of it is just cute.

Now THIS is moe:
S5ElE.jpg

Mechanical Snowman said:
On an unrelated note, I re-watched Friendship is Magic just now and it's so good. I don't know why it has adopted a sort of reputation of being worse than the main show.

I started rewatching too, and I think I have to agree with you. It moves a little more slowly in a couple of parts, and there are a few background musical bits that are a little off, but otherwise it's really good. I think I just hadn't warmed up to the characters at that point, so I started seeing episodes as 'better' once I had a mental model for them.

Also helps rewatching it in 720p :D

Dai101

Banned
Myke Greywolf said:
Only Fluttershy and the CMC's are truly moe on the show. The rest of it is just cute.

Now THIS is moe:MOE.jpg]

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH""""""""!!!!!! My eyes .........

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Choppasmith said:
Seriously, what is it with you and that image? What's the deal with this character?
He's an evil manipulative bastard.
To go any more specific than this, I'd advise you to watch the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Cheerilee

Mechanical Snowman said:
On an unrelated note, I re-watched Friendship is Magic just now and it's so good. I don't know why it has adopted a sort of reputation of being worse than the main show. In the first episode there is hilarious chemistry between Twilight and Spike, particularly when she talks to him in baby talk, and when he laughs at her crazy hair.

All the main characters are also at their best in this episode and are a good example of what to expect from each through out the series. In fact I'd say it's quite impressive how the characters are presented as accurately as they are during their brief screen time; there are no inconsistencies between their introduction and how they act in every other episode (apart from when the narrative forces it like in Suited for Success).

All in all it's one of my new favourite episodes, and while it might not give such a good example of the episodic format that all the other episodes utilise it's definitely up there in writing / animation / character quality.
The cutie mark crusaders even make an appearance in it, despite their not being formed yet.

Shanadeus

Banned
The number of Pony avatars are slowly but steadily growing.
Who's next to become a full-fledged brony?

Myke Greywolf said:
Now, come on. You might not appreciate the style, but you've got to admit that it is quality work.
Well, I guess.... it iiis well drawn....

Shanadeus said:
The number of Pony avatars are slowly but steadily growing.
Who's next to become a full-fledged brony?

If Boondocks (and in particularly the kickball episode) wasn't so damn awesome, I'd get one just to troll the gaming side.

Jintor

Can you think of other fan groups that adopt names for themselves? I remember Avatar fans were Avatards and Firefly fans were Browncoats, but I can't remember, say, Buffy fans having a nickname or other stuff...

Bel Marduk said:
Unfortunately these avatars are hard to ignore.

So are anime avatars, repeated female bouncing breast avatars, k-pop avatars, 'hilarious' meme avatars, etc, etc. Live with it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Jintor said:
Can you think of other fan groups that adopt names for themselves? I remember Avatar fans were Avatards and Firefly fans were Browncoats, but I can't remember, say, Buffy fans having a nickname or other stuff...

Most famous fan nickname is probably Trekkies

tiff

Banned
Myke Greywolf said:

Now THIS is moe:
http://i.imgur.com/S5ElE.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
HNNNNNGGGGGG

[QUOTE=Jintor]So are anime avatars,[/QUOTE]
Whoa now. Whoa now.

[I]Whoa now.[/I]

Shanadeus

Banned
I just realized that we need to fix a photobucket account or something where we can gather the most memorable MLP pics and image macros.

Sblargh

Banned
Watched the first episode and thought you guys were insane, then watched the second part and I'm totally sold. Great finding GAF, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom