• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoddGutts

Screw you guys but I think your opinion is wrong.... I like the Cutie Mark Crusaders! Would love for them to get a spin-off series. Love the stage play that they did. Though I can see why people don't like them because they take away time from the main Pony characters.

Shanadeus

Banned
mj1108 said:
brohoofhere.jpg
1290245827328-(n1294856592059).png

ZoddGutts said:
Screw you guys but I think your opinion is wrong.... I like the Cutie Mark Crusaders! Would love for them to get a spin-off series. Love the stage play that they did. Though I can see why people don't like them because they take away time from the main Pony characters.
I don't get the hate for them.
The CMC have a nice gimmick going for them that allow for a lot more creative and original situations.

Nishastra

Banned
I just wonder how long they can go on ignoring the solution to their problem when it's already been pointed out to them.

As soon as they figure it out, they're not the Cutie Mark Crusaders any more :p

Shanadeus

Banned
Nishastra said:
I just wonder how long they can go on ignoring the solution to their problem when it's already been pointed out to them.

Sure they can!
With their cutie marks they'll be crusading around trying to use their cutie marks correctly!

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
First time posting in here. I go away for a few hours and find my Something Awful thread pillaged and locked. Thanks, haters =/ WTF happened in that thread

EDIT: not blaming you guys

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Aruarian Reflection said:
First time posting in here. I go away for a few hours and find my Something Awful thread pillaged and locked. Thanks, haters =/ WTF happened in that thread

EDIT: not blaming you guys
Someone derailed that thread with the flavor of the week stupid answer, which other trolls picked up on and used to create another stupid thread that got locked too.

Meanwhile, in your thread, the trainwreck reached epic proportions, until there was no real motive to go on. Real interesting reading, though.

I'm sorry for your loss, man. The initial premise for your thread was genuinely interesting.

ZoddGutts

I have a feeling that a Cutie Mark Crusaders series would be more popular with the young kids only than with the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic series where adults can also enjoy.

OMG Aero

Nishastra said:

Given that the show is made so that you can watch any episode (Barring the two part pilot) in any order, I don't think they will ever get the marks.

tiff

Banned
Jintor said:
I simply cannot comprehend how people can accept so many weird things on gaf but can't comprehend that My Little Pony might possibly be kind of alright and is liked by people. I don't get it. What the hell?
I don't think that other weird things are accepted so much that other weird things have been established and being actively angry about them is kinda pointless at this point.

Plus people on the internet are assholes and fling vile shit about things they don't like and the people who like them.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
OMG Aero said:
Given that the show is made so that you can watch any episode (Barring the two part pilot) in any order, I don't think they will ever get the marks.

It will happen, I believe. If I "get" Lauren Faust right, she won't let Hasbro pull the plug on this without having a chance to give some closure to this universe. And this will include the cutie mark quest, as well as Celestia's plan for Twilight.

Clevinger

I simply cannot comprehend how people can accept so many weird things on gaf but can't comprehend that My Little Pony might possibly be kind of alright and is liked by people. I don't get it. What the hell?

Probably has a lot to do with leftovers of the way boys are brought up; you shouldn't like anything remotely effeminate, because that makes you a "faggot."

The reason you don't see this kind of reaction to any of the myriad childish and "pathetic" things people like and celebrate on GAF is because they're aimed at boys. Light sabers? Cool. Pokemon? Awesome. Pink ponies? Pedophile!

As Faust said, it's an outdated way of thinking. God forbid a man likes something cutesy. Blasphemy!

As I've said before, I could not care less what others think. So I will continue to watch and enjoy every single second of it.

Aaaaanyway, here's some YouTube junk that I have favorited.

300 Ponies
Daughters of Harmony. A mock movie trailer set to a song named "Sons of War".
The Elder Scrolls VI: Equestria. In case someone missed it.
Friendship is Magnets. The pony version of YouTube poop.
Pinkie Pie is INVINCIBLE + Sonic.
The Friends Forever Mix. I love this remix. I wish something like this would be used for the finale. Check out the Newgrounds link in the description where you can hear a better quality version and get a download link if you like.

Jintor

tiff said:
I don't think that other weird things are accepted so much that other weird things have been established and being actively angry about them is kinda pointless at this point.

Plus people on the internet are assholes and fling vile shit about things they don't like and the people who like them.

On that note, I've been meaning to ask you what series your avatar is from.

Koomaster

Shanadeus said:
Sure they can!
With their cutie marks they'll be crusading around trying to use their cutie marks correctly!
Or they can be mentors helping other young ponies find their cutie marks. Help them set up their own cutie mark crusader club of friends. And fight against discrimination against ponies who don't have their cutie marks yet. It could be the start of a big movement. :)

I would actually LOVE if they got a spin-off series. Like I have mentioned before, the main cast is so large and is the focus of the show. When an episode is just about the CMC, you almost feel cheated that it's not about the main cast, hence the 'hate'. If it was two separate shows, I bet people would watch them both and like the CMC more.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
ZoddGutts said:
Screw you guys but I think your opinion is wrong.... I like the Cutie Mark Crusaders!
Yes! Hell yes!
Would love for them to get a spin-off series.
No! :D

Nah, seriously, they need to stay in the main series, so many great scenes with them! The carpenters! The walk to the treehouse! The singing!

So, I just realized, it isn't right I'm the only only Brony here that doesn't have an Animated Avatar so could somepony make this into a GAF-Friendly size

Q2Qxl.gif

Thanks Snowman! You rock!

Subitai

ThreeSix said:
I'm not sure what the hell I just watched, but it's like my brain just received a direct kick from a pony.
I know that's what makes it stick out to more the Skyrim or Guile's Theme ones. It squeezes in maximum pony.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So, admittedly, I haven't seen much of Azumanga Daioh. But I'm getting the impression that this show is kinda like Azumanga Daioh with ponies.

Would that be accurate at all?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
ZealousD said:
So, admittedly, I haven't seen much of Azumanga Daioh. But I'm getting the impression that this show is kinda like Azumanga Daioh with ponies.

Sometimes not at all, sometimes you would wonder how accurate it is :)
I'd say it this way: Almost everyone who likes Azumanga Daioh will like MLP:FIM.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
..and on a totally unrelated note: Does anyone of you by any chance know a site where I may find .mid files of the series' songs?

@Confused: It's a Slice-of-Life Anime Comedy show, very, VERY funny and with a lot of heart in it. I still can't decide if I like it more than Lucky Star, but those two are basically two of the best things that happened to Anime Comedy so far :)

Confused101 said:
I have no idea what this is. Is this something I should be checking out too?

It's a popular Manga turned Anime from a few years ago. Really popular back then.

They're very comparable because they're both slice-of-life comedies with a very similar female cast of characters, not quite as off-the-wall as Lucky Star is.

ZealousD said:

It's a little less absurd and has less of a focus on comedy than AD, but it has the same combination of mundane slice of life-ey-ness with rock-solid characterization that requires a familiarity with and fondness for the characters to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom