• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Regulus Tera said:
That's pretty good. Do you have the name of the artist?
No, one of my Facebook friends who is also a MLP:FiM fan posted it there, but didn't leave a source link. I'm trying to track it down.

Cheerilee

On Youtube, if you set the closed captioning to "transcribed audio", a computer program will listen to the audio for you and type out what it thinks they're saying.

iJpHV.jpg

Koomaster

AceBandage said:
NeoGAF's Pony love is infamous...
It's going to be awkward when the next round of juniors come down the pipe and they all end up being MLP fans, drawn here because of the fanbase we have.

Did I say awkward, I meant awesome! \ ^_____^ /

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
McLovin said:
Why gaf why?! YOU USE TO BE COOL!!! .....maybe I should watch it -_-;

The only people that hate it are the ones who haven't watched it.

KtSlime

wsippel said:
Weird. You have an MGS avatar after all. MGS4 no less. You should be used to slightly insane, childish stuff. ;)

Playing hide and seek, listening to Hideo-chan on Snakes iPod was great!

Dogmaan, is that not how you played?

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
Shanadeus said:
How many episodes?
The two first ones are in no way a good indicator of the quality of the show.

I am probably going to appear to be a douche, So i'll start with some positives

The Graphic design is fantastic the web design nerd in me loves the use of colours.

The animation although flashy (as in Adobe), it still has personality and charm.

The problem is the content/writing, now i must stress TO ME or IMO, the stories do not contain enough material for adults to relate to, the stories are clearly (again IMO) aimed at 3-8 year olds, and the only thing that I can see that appeals to GAF Adults is some kind of Kawaii factor and in the worse case a furry/beastiality factor IMOIMOIMOxMillion

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
wsippel said:
Weird. You have an MGS avatar after all. MGS4 no less. You should be used to slightly insane, childish stuff. ;)

WE'RE FIGHTING FOR OUR LIVES IN AN INSANE FIREFIGHT TO DETERMINE THE FATE OF THE WORLD! MARRY ME! NO! YOU MARRY ME!

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
To be honest, I had kind of forgotten what my Avatar was (Gendo/Snake), I haven't chaned it for years.

WAR....War neve...etc etc

G-Pink

I've been with this thread for about 40 pages. Just haven't posted. I've seen all the episodes more than once and downloaded the Eurobeat Brony remixes as well.

Good grief, what a delightful group of characters, and what a fucking stunning looking, witty show.

Jintor

dogmaan said:
The problem is the content/writing, now i must stress TO ME or IMO, the stories do not contain enough material for adults to relate to, the stories are clearly (again IMO) aimed at 3-8 year olds, and the only thing that I can see that appeals to GAF Adults is some kind of Kawaii factor and in the worse case a furry/beastiality factor IMOIMOIMOxMillion

Well, it's true that they're aimed at kids, but it's not like that automatically means there's nothing there for us to relate to. There are a bunch of jokes that fly over kids heads, there's the strong writing, brilliant sense of comedic timing - it's just quality, really.

I can enjoy pretty much any form of media, so long as it's well made.

drifter444 said:

Wow, was the guy banned for posting the thread? Would be sad if true.

dogmaan said:
I am probably going to appear to be a douche, So i'll start with some positives
The Graphic design is fantastic the web design nerd in me loves the use of colours.
The animation although flashy (as in Adobe), it still has personality and charm.

Totally fine man, props that you gave it a chance unlike so many other people.

The spa ponies in the beginning of the episode have the same cutie mark.

Oh, they're different colors. Hmmmm.

Did someone notice that already?

Shanadeus

Banned
G-Pink said:
I've been with this thread for about 40 pages. Just haven't posted. I've seen all the episodes more than once and downloaded the Eurobeat Brony remixes as well.

Good grief, what a delightful group of characters, and what a fucking stunning looking, witty show.
What is this?

Master Milk said:
The spa ponies in the beginning of the episode have the same cutie mark.

Oh, they're different colors. Hmmmm.

Did someone notice that already?
I think all the paparazzi ponies had the same cutie mark (dollar signs)

A Sondheim or a Vogue reference is arguably some highbrow stuff (by animation standards, not just kids animation standards). The jokes aren't the level of Ricky Gervais standup or anything, but I'd argue it's more a matter of personal taste than pigeon-holing all the writing as juvenile.

That being said, the cutie-crusader episodes are almost unwatchable IMO

Shanadeus said:
I think all the paparazzi ponies had the same cutie mark (dollar signs)
Nah, though the cutie marks were reused for the earth ones and pegasus ones. And there was a pony with the hourglass cutie mark, too. Hmmm.

wsippel

Banned
meltingparappa said:
That being said, the cutie-crusader episodes are almost unwatchable IMO
Call of the Cutie was OK and The Stare Master was good, especially as a Fluttershy episode. I didn't like the last one, though - now that was just a tad too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom