• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanadeus

Banned
Myke Greywolf said:
It probaby won't start until later in the year.

Cue:

"Six months of pony reruns
And awesome summer days
We got our cool vacations
Time off from work to play
But the fan stuff is now running out
And we feel left in the cold
And even though I love season one
Those eps are getting old

It's time to welcome season two
And all fans new and green
But it's also time to say goodbye
This thread we now must clean
How can we start anew, you see?
What can each brony do?
How do we fit in without mad skills?
I haven't got a clue!

Season wrap-up, season wrap-up
Let's end our season one cheer
Because season two is here

Bringing here the lurking herds
A big fan's job begins
And shooing all the gloomy trolls
To let clean arguments in
We make fun avatars
And we let discussions flow
When new episodes come up
Their awesomeness will glow

Prospective fans hesitate
Because it seems too nice
We tell them it's a really cool show
In order to break the ice
We help them find eps and cool stuff
Show them all that they must know
We welcome all the lurking herds
So the whole fandom can grow

No easy task to keep thread clean
Make it all G rated reads
With patience and cool moderation
Everybody's fun it feeds
Videos, music, crafty stuff
Colorful fan art too
We must keep an watchful eye
It's just so much to do

Now that you know it's coming
You have to find your place
And know where you will stand
Tough task ahead you face
How will you post without trolling
Help the cool GAFfer way
If you want to belong you must
Do your best today
Do your best today

Because season two is here!"
WplOa.gif

Koomaster

Myke Greywolf said:
It probaby won't start until later in the year.

Cue:

"Six months of pony reruns
And awesome summer days
We got our cool vacations
Time off from work to play
But the fan stuff is now running out
And we feel left in the cold
And even though I love season one
Those eps are getting old

It's time to welcome season two
And all fans new and green
But it's also time to say goodbye
This thread we now must clean
How can we start anew, you see?
What can each brony do?
How do we fit in without mad skills?
I haven't got a clue!

Bringing here the lurking herds
A big fan's job begins
And shooing all the gloomy trolls
To let clean arguments in
We make fun avatars
And we let discussions flow
When new episodes come up
Their awesomeness will glow

Prospective fans hesitate
Because it seems too nice
We tell them it's a really cool show
In order to break the ice
We help them find eps and cool stuff
Show them all that they must know
We welcome all the lurking herds
So the whole fandom can grow

No easy task to keep thread clean
Make it all G rated reads
With patience and cool moderation
Everybody's fun it feeds
Videos, music, crafty stuff
Colorful fan art too
We must keep an watchful eye
It's just so much to do

Now that you know it's coming
You have to find your place
And know where you will stand
Tough task ahead you face
How will you post without trolling
Help the cool GAFfer way
If you want to belong you must
Do your best today
Do your best today

Because season two is here!"
I think I love you. Parody/tribute songs are the best! \ ^______^ /

Nishastra

Banned
I just rewatched the first two episodes...

It hadn't occurred to me before that Nightmare Moon's swirly aura is her hair. Which makes it kinda weird when she's moving around as only the aura :p

Also, I want to hear more of the song that's playing during the party in the library.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
ThreeSix said:
Past the point of no return now. I watch an episode with the intention of watching just one, and then it turns into another episode and then another. Why can't I stop!?

Glad to have you with us. I hope you continue to enjoy it. Now... Pony ranking, please! ;)

An anonymous on FiMchan tried to piece up the probable chronological order of the episodes, and did a remarkable job, if a little far-fetched at times.

- Summer
1+2 - Longest Day of the year / Shortest Night / The Summer Sun celebration is the Summer Solstice
9 - Twilight still thinks the ponies are morons, doesn't know that she shouldn't encourage Applebloom
6 - Some apples are ripe, not enough for Applejack to be in harvest mode, Twilight is still paranoid. Yes, this means she fights a Ursa in her first few weeks in Ponyville.
8 - Twilight's social interaction skills are coming straight out of a book, even her small talk. Applejack and Rarity hate each other on a near religious level.
10 - Applejack is worried about the still growing crop, Fluttershy's door is a single piece non-pony door.
7 - Fluttershy's door has been repaired to pony standard, Twilight is still full on aspie, Fluttershy has no self esteem. Magic was probably used to repair the town, which may have attracted the dragon.

- Fall
3 - Applejack is harvesting, leaves are yellowing, Fluttershy can't keep eye contact when speaking
12 - Harvest time, Twilight hangs around Pinkie to figure out how other ponies work.
18 - Leaves are yellowing, Apples are plentiful, Twilight is confounded by the cmc.
5 - Applejack is busy the entire episode and apples are ripe and plentiful enough for harvest, RD has been avoiding Pinkie for a while.
4 - Harvest time, Twilight is only mildly emotionally retarded in comparison to most of the season.
13 - End of Fall

- Winter
11 - WWU is the first day of Spring, Start of Spring, Twilight is trying to be normal in a somewhat functional way

- Spring
17 - Fluttershy is flying of her own free will, and is willing to take risks based on her own over confidence
15 - Twight isn't worried about offending her friends, Fluttershy has a developing backbone, Frog mating season is around march.
16 - Fluttershy has half a backbone and jewish mom powers, Twilight doesn't give the daily moral, Rainbow Dash fulfills her need to impress the Wonderbolts.
14 - Pre-Gala, Twilight is willing to pull strings after finding out Spike is capable of doing so.
20 - Twilight is paranoid about losing friends thanks to Pinkie, Fluttershy is willing to tell off Photo Finish AND torture herself for Rarity's sake.
19 - Rarity has been published about by 'Clothes Horse' directly, generic versions of the Gala dresses are in store.

Opinions?

Shanadeus

Banned
Myke Greywolf said:
Glad to have you with us. I hope you continue to enjoy it. Now... Pony ranking, please! ;)

An anonymous on FiMchan tried to piece up the probably chronological order of the episodes, and did a remarkable job, if a little far-fetched at times.

Opinions?
Sounds pretty okay.

I wonder if that list took Twilight's magical ability into consideration. It seems to evolve over time. For instance:

- In one episode she teleports accidentally, saying she didn't know that was going to happen.
- In another, we see her teleporting at will and with ease.
- And yet in another, we see her struggle to cross a ravine so I guess she hadn't figured out how to teleport yet.

I know it's common to have characters conveniently forget things for the sake of the story but it makes me wonder if Faust is secretly slipping a timeline under the radar even though Hasbro didn't want it.

PS... Twilight's run animation as she backs up to make the "leap of faith" in Feeling Pinkie Keen is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever seen her do. Makes me laugh every time.

Edit: This right here.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Mechanical Snowman said:
Btw did you write those lyrics Myke?

Eeeyup. I swear, it was like they were writing themselves. I had FAR more trouble translating the same song to portuguese, keeping the meanings intact while making it all still rhyme.

I'm quite proud of how it came out. :)

Myke Greywolf said:
Eeeyup. I swear, it was like they were writing themselves. I had FAR more trouble translating the same song to portuguese, keeping the meanings intact while making it all still rhyme.

I'm quite proud of how it came out. :)
Impressive, and man you are really doing your part for the Portuguese bronies.

Confused101 said:
PS... Twilight's run animation as she backs up to make the "leap of faith" in Feeling Pinkie Keen is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever seen her do. Makes me laugh every time.

Aw that is funny. I love Twilight, I don't think she's very liked here though ;_; The funniest thing I think she's done is eat those flower petals in The Ticket Master when she was really hungry. In fact I might make this my next avatar:

pZO5d.gif

Pony ranking is now:

Pinkie Pie > Fluttershy = Twilight = Spike > Applejack > Rarity = Rainbow Dash.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I brought my niece to a mall's toy store. They have MLP toys, but boy they do look different from the FiM cast.

That avatar almost makes it look like she spits them back out again.

Twilight is so straight laced that the little, off-kilter things she does makes her very amusing.

G-Fex

Well saw applebuck season and gilda the griffon episode.

I'm so upset, I want to gilda to die for yelling at Fluttershy GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Mechanical Snowman said:
The funniest thing I think she's done is eat those flower petals in The Ticket Master when she was really hungry.

No, I'd have to go with the last episode where she was trying her hardest not to spill the beans. Putting her head in the flower pot was pretty funny.

G-Fex

Actually can someone like foxix make me a pinkie pie avatar of her with the popcorn but with better quality than my gifsoup attempt?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Confused101 said:

Twilight's expression after she reaches the other side (5:50 on that video) always manages to crack me up. I also love the little "rubber ducky" sound effect they put on every time a character puts on a silly smile (see Fluttershy on "Stare Master" when she proposes her little "game of STFU" to the CMC's)

Her desperate efforts to keep her own mouth shut while Rarity and Fluttershy were talking to each other on episode 20 were also hilarious.

Twilight is still my second favorite after Fluttershy (was first, but slipped a little because of the lack of spotlight on the last few episodes).

OMG Aero

G-Fex said:
Actually can someone like foxix make me a pinkie pie avatar of her with the popcorn but with better quality than my gifsoup attempt?
Which episode is the popcorn from again? I could give it a go but it might take a while for me to get the frames.

akira28

So I think I get why the pony thing is cool, on multiple levels. Sheer novelty, chief among them, and our growing ability to publicly enjoy cute things without feeling we'd be socially challenged/punished. Plus you can tell they really put effort into it and do some really clever things. I saw a pony Karl Lagerfeld for god's sake. He was wearing a black jacket and sunglasses. Few little girls have the capacity for processing such things, so the requisite inside jokes are present and even more subtle. I think the producers just know the secret to good cartoonage. Have really good art, make it smart, put your heart into it, and somebody will love it.

And with that, why do I love this thing so much? It's like an apostasy to my childhood yet I crave more. Maybe because it's such a quick one-off, I can't get sick of it but, Kawaii Transformers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP6mF2JRl8g

G-Fex

CHEEZMO™ said:
Dammit, G-Fex. I was just getting used to your Applejack avatar.

Why you gotta change on me, man?

Cause applejack got me mad that she was all scaring the bunnies.

Plus Pinkie Pie got to torture Gilda and she enjoyed it :D

She has balloons and a flying contraption!

Shanadeus

Banned
akira28 said:
So I think I get why the pony thing is cool, on multiple levels. Sheer novelty, chief among them, and our growing ability to publicly enjoy cute things without feeling we'd be socially challenged/punished. Plus you can tell they really put effort into it and do some really clever things. I saw a pony Karl Lagerfeld for god's sake. He was wearing a black jacket and sunglasses. Few little girls have the capacity for processing such things, so the requisite inside jokes are present and even more subtle. I think the producers just know the secret to good cartoonage. Have really good art, make it smart, put your heart into it, and somebody will love it.

And with that, why do I love this thing so much? It's like an apostasy to my childhood yet I crave more. Maybe because it's such a quick one-off, I can't get sick of it but, Kawaii Transformers:

We should put together all these posts on why MLP is awesome in the new OP under the headline What Gaffers think of the show

Also, I just noticed that we have 144,010 views.
Does that mean that MLP is more popular than wrassling?

G-Fex

Shanadeus said:
We should put together all these posts on why MLP is awesome in the new OP under the headline What Gaffers think of the show

Also, I just noticed that we have 144,010 views.
Does that mean that MLP is more popular than wrassling?

Yes we do. Here's some excerpts from my review of MLP

"Powerful....A triumph."

Subitai

akira28 said:

Yes, good cartoonage it is.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
G-Fex said:
Cause applejack got me mad that she was all scaring the bunnies.

Plus Pinkie Pie got to torture Gilda and she enjoyed it :D

She has balloons and a flying contraption!
Yeah, Gilda was a bitch.

Can't be too upset about it though. Pinkie is much higher up my list than Applejack was.

Neki

Menmanelf said:
Pony rankings:

1: Twilight Sparkle
2: Pinkie Pie
3: Rainbow Dash/Rarity
4: Applejack/Fluttershy

Pinkie Pie is so much better than Twilight though. D: Twilight is still my second favourite though.

careksims

Happy to see a season 2 in the works.

Here's my list...

1. Rainbow Dash/Apple Jack
2. Twilight Sparkle
3. Pinkie Pie/Rarity
4. Fluttershy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom