• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

icarus-daedelus said:
what the hell man, rarity is clearly the best >:-o

Rarity is great here's my dun dun duuuuuuuuun list!

1. Pinkie Pie
2. Fluttershy
3. Rarity
4.Rainbow Dash
5. Twilight/Apple Jack

A. Spike
B. Derpy

My avatar may be Rarity, but it's all about Fluttershy for me.

1. Fluttershy
2. The rest

It's hard to put a character in last place when I really like every one of them. And depending on the episode, they bounce up and down in the list easily. However, there is one constant. And that's Fluttershy being amazing almost all the time.

I am afraid of this thread.

I know that once I watch the show and post on here I will get laughed at because it was a trap all along to get me to watch some shitty show.

06nbarnhill said:

I know that once I do and I post on here I will get laughed at because it was a trap all along to get me to watch some shitty show.

We have much bigger fish to fry than trolling you.
Like getting people to admit that Pinkie Pie > Fluttershy.

06nbarnhill said:

I know that once I do and I post on here I will get laughed at because it was a trap all along to get me to watch some shitty show.

But see, it's not actually a shitty show. It's actually a really well-made show (from a technical perspective). Whether you can actually ENJOY it is the question you should ask yourself.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Shanadeus said:
1. Pinkie Pie
2. Fluttershy
3. Rarity
4. Twilight
5. Applejack/Rainbow Dash
Ultimoo said:
1. Pinkie Pie
2. Twilight Sparkle
3. Fluttershy
4. Rarity
5. Apple Jack
6. Rainbow Dash
Dai101 said:
  1. Fluttershy/Rarity
  2. TS
  3. Applejack
  4. Spike
  5. Derpy
    [*]Rainbow Dash
G-Fex said:
1. Pinkie Pie
2. Fluttershy
3. Rarity
4.Rainbow Dash
5. Twilight/Apple Jack
_291-.png

The fuck is with you people?

This thread blows my mind.

Not sure if anything can compete with this...... its a mutant combination of ultra opinionated salesagegaf and epic cuteness and love. I was unaware that this was even possible.

Maybe......just maybe.....I will watch ONE episode...in private.

06nbarnhill said:

Not sure if anything can compete with this...... its a mutant combination of ultra opinionated salesagegaf and epic cuteness and love. I was unaware that this was even possible.

Skip the first 2 if you want to watch the actual show.
They're good episodes, but they are completely different from the rest of the series.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
G-Fex said:
I cheated and skipped to The Stare master

*gasp* Rarity has a sister!

I don't understand how you've been in this thread for so long and yet you haven't watched them all.

Hell, even I've seen them all, and I'm the most normal out of the whole lot of you bronies!

geeko

1: Pinkie Pie ( She's an evil enchantress, and she does evil dances, and if you look deep in her eyes, she will put you in trances, Then what will she do? She'll mix up an evil brew, And she'll gobble you up in a big tasty stew, So... watch out!

2: Rarity (only after watching the diamond dog ep, LOL @ I thought you wanted whining!!)

3: fluttershy (<3 dragonshy episode, and staremaster)

4: Twilight (She brings the group together and her logical thinking makes me laugh "We'll do everything by the book, and that will make my slumber party officially fun."

5: Rainbow dash (Sonic Rainboom!!)

6: Apple Jack ( You still get my <3 applejack, its like SMB to SMB3, while one is more liked than the other both are cherished in my mind)

McNum

06nbarnhill said:

A single episode?

I'm thinking "Dragonshy" or maybe "Sonic Rainboom". Both are full cast episodes, although neither has a song. You'll want "Winter Wrap Up" for that. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong with either of these three episodes. I'd probably choose Dragonshy if I were to show the series to someone, but that's all because of Fluttershy's role in that one.

AIRic

I've only watched the first 10 episodes, but I would say :

1. Pinkie Pie
2. Fluttershy
3. Applejack
4. Twilight
5. Rainbow Dash
6. Rarity

The strongest thing about MLP, and what kept me going, is the animation. It's fun to see a series this colorful and stylish. You can see it's for children, but it still very watchable. The biggest problem is that it can be very predictable (understandable for a kid show). It's fun, i'll keep watching it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
McNum said:
A single episode?

I'm thinking "Dragonshy" or maybe "Sonic Rainboom". Both are full cast episodes, although neither has a song. You'll want "Winter Wrap Up" for that. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong with either of these three episodes. I'd probably choose Dragonshy if I were to show the series to someone, but that's all because of Fluttershy's role in that one.

I think The Ticket Master is another good pick for an introductory episode. You get a pretty good feel for the characters when they give their reasons for why they want to go to the gala.

G-Fex

ZealousD said:
I don't understand how you've been in this thread for so long and yet you haven't watched them all.

Hell, even I've seen them all, and I'm the most normal out of the whole lot of you bronies!

I do things, like well play games. I have a irrational fear of time. Since I have to sleep early like in an hour and a half. I guess that contributes to my fear of my job. So it's hard for me to find/dedicate time to movies and shows. This will be my third episode I watched today, I finished the gilda one and skipped to the staremaster to see fluttershy take care of the CMC.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Scribble said:
Funny, I just watched the Gilda episode. I thought that Gilda was going to have a change of heart at the end.

Gilda is a bitch. Trixie is awesome.

My current ranking:

1 - Fluttershy - how can one NOT love her? "yay."
2 - Twilight - an island of sanity in an ocean of madness.
3 - Pinkie - the above-mentioned ocean
4 - Spike - comedy gold coming from the much-needed male point of view
5 - Rarity - drama queen extraordinaire, but with smarts too
6 - Applejack - gotta love her stubborn, no-nonsense character
7 - Rainbow Dash - she's adorably brash, but her cockiness grinds with me

06nbarnhill said:

You loved How to Train Your Dragon and you have a cute Toothless avatar. You are evidently a person of fine taste and sensibility. You will like this show. Trust me.

Since you like dragons, go for episode 7 ("Dragonshy").

Currently watching Staremaster. The Cutie Mark crusaders managed to ruin Apple Bloom in one fell swoop. As far as my list goes...

1. Pinkie Pie.
2. Twilight Sparkle.
3. Fluttershy
4. Rainbow Dash.
5. Applejack (Southern draws annoy me.)
6 Rarity (I hate fashion obsessed women.)

samoset

Steamlord said:
I'm a bit bummed by Applejack's low ratings, but I understand the sentiments. She needs a good episode to bump her back up.
I actually really like Applejack's character. I just think it speaks to the show's quality that all the characters are as like-able as they are. Besides Applebuck season and Fall Weather Friends I can't really think of an episode where she is predominantly featured though.
Hopefully tomorrow's episode will change that

The fuck is going on here? Lists? I can't make a list, everybody is awesome!

I'm hoping they end this season with a really killer musical number. The songs in this show are pretty rad.

AJ is totally boss, by the way

samoset said:
Hopefully tomorrow's episode will change that

Oh, if she says "Potato" or "Crusaders", then tomorrow will be an excellent day.

Ooh, lists! Hmm, let's see:

1. Twilight/Rainbow Dash/Rarity/Fluttershy/Applejack/Pinkie Pie

Okay, just kidding. I won't cop out that much.

1. Fluttershy
2. Pinkie Pie
3. Rainbow Dash
4. Applejack
5. Twilight
6. Rarity

Please note that there's about a millimeter of separation between all of these (except Fluttershy, she's my favorite by a pretty big margin).

Edit: Also trading this avatar
jsmx2.gif
for this one
Hbh8A.gif
from Nishastra's guest avatars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom