• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jogarrr

Pretty good episode.
Not as good as the last two.

I was hoping for more of a focus on Apple Jack. But, I laughed my ass off at Huffy the Magic Dragon and Pinky's song. Pinky, always trying to steal the spotlight. :p

"You gotta shaarrrre, You gotta caaarrree!"

Koomaster said:
An important lesson for bronies and non-bronies. Ayep yep.

Haha, this is true :p

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hey, I will! I'll take one of the avatars, you take the other! But I get first pick! =D

kikori

Neo Member
After seeing so many MLP avatars around, my curiosity was piqued and I had to see what this show was about. I just started watching the first episode and... I can't stop. I mean, I have to, I'm at work and I have stuff to do, but... I can't! I think I'm hooked.

Foxix Von

kikori said:
After seeing so many MLP avatars around, my curiosity was piqued and I had to see what this show was about. I just started watching the first episode and... I can't stop. I mean, I have to, I'm at work and I have stuff to do, but... I can't! I think I'm hooked.

Yup that's generally how it goes. And unless Duckroll was joking in the suckerpunch thread it also looks like he's along for the ride as well haha.

Koomaster

jediyoshi said:
Episode delivered.

Drawing ponies gag = So good
Yeah I seriously laughed at Horse Drawn Horse Drawn Carts. That and Wild West Dances and Mild West Dances. The town tour in general was just funny.

Foxix said:
Yup that's generally how it goes. And unless Duckroll was joking in the suckerpunch thread it also looks like he's along for the ride as well haha.
Makes me wonder if some moderators and other high profile members are closet bronies.

Nishastra

Banned
ZealousD said:
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I'd still like an avatar. :O
I did one.

A1NX2.gif

Unfortunately, I managed to fall asleep right before the new episode and also didn't record it, so now I have to wait for it to show up on Youtube :p

ZealousD

Nishastra said:
I did one.

A1NX2.gif

Unfortunately, I managed to fall asleep right before the new episode and also didn't record it, so now I have to wait for it to show up on Youtube :p

Thanks! I'll go on ahead and take it. =)

Foxix Von

So it seems like there is a starting trend of performing guitar covers of MLP songs. Gentlecolts, I think we are witnessing the start of something with amazing potential.

Electric
Evil Enchantess (death metal)
Art of the Dress: Metal Version (Intro only, no bass, very rough mix)
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic OP Guitar Cover

Acoustic
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic- Art of the Dress Guitar Cover
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Winter Wrap Up Guitar Cover

Bonus videos?
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Winter Wrap Up (COVER) ok so the guy cant sing all that great but it's a fantastic attempt.
16 Bit Remix - My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Theme Song It's awesome, and sonic the hedgehog themed!

Edit: There are mashups now hahaha.
Uptight Wrap Up (My Little Pony vs. Stevie Wonder) MLP stevie wonder mashup. Wat.
Giggle at the Rejects (All-American Rejects vs. My Little Pony) Pinkie's vocals laid over their music.... it works surprisingly well...

geeko

I checked the wiki, and your right. That means I'm all caught up :(

Now I have to play the waiting game.

YAY for pony day!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Menmanelf said:
I prefer Dash's arrogance to Fluttershy's shyness myself. With arrogance, at least sometimes gives oppotunities for us to enjoy some air being taken out of their egos, but with shyness, you always get the same reaction.

So far, the only times I've found Fluttershy interesting are when she's being assertive. She's an adorable character yes, but so far not a very interesting one.
Fluttershy is friggin' moe done right. Being adorable is just the reason they give us to be rooting for her to rise above her limitations. She's the mirror image of Dash, sure, but since her "exception" moments are inspirational and not awkward, she gets my preference.

Other that that, she's just Chiyo-chan levels of adorable.

Dai101

Banned
Ultimoo said:
omg Rarity digging for diamonds is LOL. best facial expressions and noises.

edit: omg, Rarity whining is even better, LOL.

edit2: omg, crying, I love Rarity. D:

Welcome to the Rarity Army bronie.

Foxix Von

Mechanical Snowman said:
Makes me wonder if some moderators and other high profile members are closet bronies.
Oh I'm sure I mean we know we've got Gary Whitta but he hasn't posted in here either. I'm sure there's gotta be more closet bronies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Mechanical Snowman said:

Guys might want to watch out on the youtube episode links of they ever do get taken down and the studio starts asserting itself. Right now I think they're probably just shocked at the unexpected fanbase, but I'm sure they're making plans to somehow make it work for them. Then it will kind of be a piracy thing.

Then you go to the old Anime/Doctor Who/Top Gear standby. Never speak of how you watch it. It's like Volemort.

DrForester said:
Guys might want to watch out on the youtube episode links of they ever do get taken down and the studio starts asserting itself. Right now I think they're probably just shocked at the unexpected fanbase, but I'm sure they're making plans to somehow make it work for them. Then it will kind of be a piracy thing.

Then you go to the old Anime/Doctor Who/Top Gear standby. Never speak of how you watch it. It's like Volemort.
What did my quote have to do with your post?

A moderator already removed YouTube links to the episodes, though said nothing explicit on the matter regarding discussion. I'd hope it's still fair game as long as we don't directly link.

Nishastra

Banned
It's been assumed so far that what Hasbro really wants out of the series is to sell toys, and thus the more people who see it, the better.

Also, they do make the episodes available free online a week after they air, if only for a couple of weeks.

Either way, I DO get the channel and can start just recording them myself if it should ever come to that :p

G-Fex

I missed the ep today oh well whatever.

I was tallying by the lists the favorite pony of all of MLP gaf and .

Whooooo can it be?
believe it or not..

It's Pinkie!

#1 Pinkie Pie
#2 Fluttershy
#3 Rainbow Dash
#4 Twilight Sparkle
#5 Rarity
#6 Applejack

G-Fex said:
I missed the ep today oh well whatever.

I was tallying by the lists the favorite pony of all of MLP gaf and .

Whooooo can it be?
believe it or not..

It's Pinkie!

Obviously. She is by far the best.

Koomaster

Nishastra said:
It's been assumed so far that what Hasbro really wants out of the series is to sell toys, and thus the more people who see it, the better.

Also, they do make the episodes available free online a week after they air, if only for a couple of weeks.

Either way, I DO get the channel and can start just recording them myself if it should ever come to that :p
If/when they release dvds/blurays of the show they may be more proactive with the youtube stuff.

Nishastra

Banned
Koomaster said:
If/when they release dvds/blurays of the show they may be more proactive with the youtube stuff.
And if/when they release DVDs, I'll buy them! :p

I had a sudden mad urge to make a "buzzard that can really buzz" avatar, so...

CpSyD.gif

If anyone wants it for some reason... :p

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Just think about possible DVD extras. Audio commentary. Making ofs. All songs in digital quality. Oh god.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Koomaster said:
I would certainly buy BD's, maybe not DVD's. But since I'm in Europe, I think it will never happen. :(

Bufbaf said:
Just think about possible DVD extras. Audio commentary. Making ofs. All songs in digital quality. Oh god.
xqUDq.gif

Myke Greywolf said:
I would certainly buy BD's, maybe not DVD's. But since I'm in Europe, I think it will never happen. :(
What does region have to do with it? And I'm not getting my hopes up about a Blu release, thought it would be fantastic.

Saiyar said:
I would be surprised if there wasn't some sort of LE with pony figures.
Well since Hasbro is all about the merchandising, this would be a very good business idea for them.

curiouswitch

Neo Member
Unfortunately a lot of kids tv shows don't make it onto dvd/bluray. Kim Possible was widely popular and it is only now being released but only if you are a disney club member.

Good chance they'll all show up on netflix though.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Bufbaf said:

I would be surprised if there wasn't some sort of LE with pony figures.

ZealousD

curiouswitch said:
Unfortunately a lot of kids tv shows don't make it onto dvd/bluray. Kim Possible was widely popular and it is only now being released but only if you are a disney club member.

Good chance they'll all show up on netflix though.

They're on iTunes right now I believe. Something like $3 an episode?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Mechanical Snowman said:
What does region have to do with it? And I'm not getting my hopes up about a Blu release, thought it would be fantastic.
I would not want to have disks that I'm not able to watch with my equipment. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom