• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Zomba13 said:
Oh no guys, Hasbro has moved in on youtube. Masterlinkx's account has been terminated so no MLP from that channel anymore :(
Man, they could at least have waited until the season was over!...

Well, one just has to keep an eye on Equestria Daily or Ponychan, they always have an alternative.

Neki

Dai101 said:
There's MenloMarseilles‬‏ channel and MyLittlePony1080p and their channels are still up, for now
Be careful how loud you say that, Hasbro is always watching!

Enron

Banned
Dai101 said:
Uh oh.....

OFw1w.png

D:

I hear tell that this is the work of anti-ponyGAF

Nishastra

Banned
Obviously I don't know the details, but it's not necessarily actually Hasbro.

Anyone can report anything on Youtube, claiming to be whoever they want. Youtube will err on the side of caution and remove anything if the claim is even slightly reasonable (which it would be for Hasbro on these channels).

We'll just have to wait and see if the others go down too...

Zomba13

Nishastra said:
Obviously I don't know the details, but it's not necessarily actually Hasbro.

Anyone can report anything on Youtube, claiming to be whoever they want. Youtube will err on the side of caution and remove anything if the claim is even slightly reasonable (which it would be for Hasbro on these channels).

We'll just have to wait and see if the others go down too...
Am I being paranoid thinking it's Anti-Bronies doing it because they hate people enjoying stuff they don't like?

angelfly

Just watched the show for the first time and I love it. I watched the the first two episodes and after I get something to I'm going to watch the third. This show is great and so far Rarity and Fluttershy are my favorites of the bunch.

daffy

Banned
Zomba13 said:
Am I being paranoid thinking it's Anti-Bronies doing it because they hate people enjoying stuff they don't like?
I wouldn't doubt it. They can't handle our bonds of happiness with their cynical ways.

Foxix Von

careksims said:
Blu-ray or bust! Hopefully some bronies will come through with the today and last couple of episodes.

I think I saw the latest episode up on pensivepony. Not HD though. I think I'll hold out till then. If they all get terminated I can still catch it on the official site.
angelfly said:
Just watched the show for the first time and I love it. I watched the the first two episodes and after I get something to I'm going to watch the third. This show is great and so far Rarity and Fluttershy are my favorites of the bunch.

I might need to switch to a rainbow dash avatar if this keeps up, that pony needs a defense force.

Bah, I watched an EP from MAST3RLINKX just hours ago. It could have easily not been Hasbro's doing. If it was Hasbro, this does not bode well for any involved party. I hope MLP gets a Blu-ray release; I'm not willing to pay $3/EP that is linked to my iTunes account.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
CharlesSurge said:
Bah, I watched an EP from MAST3RLINKX just hours ago. It could have easily not been Hasbro's doing. If it was Hasbro, this does not bode well for any involved party. I hope MLP gets a Blu-ray release; I'm not willing to pay $3/EP that is linked to my iTunes account.

Can't blame them. They make it available on their web site, they want the ad revenue. Did you really think they'd turn a blind eye to their new market forever?

Not everyone can be the BBC and totally not care about piracy.

To put in terms that ponies can understand. Celestia is the BBC, and here she is commenting on piracy.

untfgdfgfdgdgitled.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
DrForester said:
Can't blame them. They make it available on their web site, they want the ad revenue. Did you really think they'd turn a blind eye to their new market forever?

Of course not. But they can do the whole "Contains content from:" thing and make money from the YouTube videos.

All this does is move the activity to The Pirate Bay.

G-Fex

DrForester said:
Lets see what happens to this thread if MLP is delayed for a month just before the last two episodes...

I don't know but it won't involve me going back to anime.

Anyways, what a fucking downer. I shouldn't have put ponies off for so long now I can't see any eps. Fuck all

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
G-Fex said:
I don't know but it won't involve me going back to anime.

Anyways, what a fucking downer. I shouldn't have put ponies off for so long now I can't see any eps. Fuck all

Madoka is unlike any anime you've ever seen. You're in a thread about My Little Pony, you'd think you'd be more open.

careksims

Seeing the 1st part of today's episode...

Bloomberg is awesome LOL!!! Dash! I know how spike feels when people are talking... and a

actual male pony that says more than one line!

CharlesSurge said:

I would buy the fuck out of a blu-ray release.

OMG, imagine special bonus features?

BEHIND THE SCENES INTERVIEWS?!

daffy

Banned
DrForester said:
Madoka is unlike any anime you've ever seen. You're in a thread about My Little Pony, you'd think you'd be more open.
Oh man, speaking of Madoka, I still have to watch eps 2 & 3 today! Gotta make time for that..

Nishastra

Banned
careksims said:
Seeing the 1st part of today's episode...

Bloomberg is awesome LOL!!! Dash! I know how spike feels when people are talking... and a

actual male pony that says more than one line!
Big Mac had numerous lines in Applebuck Season. Perhaps they're counterbalanced by all of his "Yup" lines, but still :p

Steamlord

Oh shit, guys. I just saw this comment on the new pensivepony video:

"Faust actually said she was okay with having the episodes on here, and hasbro only owns the rights to the toys. So it's a spambot. Youtube, fix your bias claim function. LittleKurriboh got banned like 5 times cause of that." -PopGoesThePopper

I don't know whether this is accurate or not, but if it is, it would seem it really is the trolls.

Shanadeus

Banned
Steamlord said:

"Faust actually said she was okay with having the episodes on here, and hasbro only owns the rights to the toys. So it's a spambot. Youtube, fix your bias claim function. LittleKurriboh got banned like 5 times cause of that." -PopGoesThePopper

I don't know whether this is accurate or not, but if it is, it would seem it really is the trolls.
Faust is bi-winning!

jediyoshi

Nishastra said:
Looks painful. Repeatedly.
Twilight's gonna poke an eye out one of these days.

Still GIFing through the diamond dog episode, forgot how good Spike's lines were in it

lp0xr.gif

The episodes going down isn't the worst thing, they're easy enough to find elsewhere. But they should really look the other way for any of the fan edited videos.

careksims

Steamlord said:

I do remember a lot of haters on Linkx channel because he used to do Nintendo vids. Some didn't like how it changed to a pony channel.

Steamlord

So if this is true, is there something we can do? Can someone let Faust know on dA (I would but I don't have an account)? She probably knows, but we need to do whatever we can.

Also, why is Hasbro, Inc. listed three times in Dai101's image? Seems fishy.

Nishastra

Banned
There's a lot that's fishy about this, so it wouldn't suprise me at all if it were a false claim.

For one thing, there are several other channels with episodes 1-20 that are still standing.

Steamlord said:
So if this is true, is there something we can do? Can someone let Faust know on dA (I would but I don't have an account)? She probably knows, but we need to do whatever we can.
It's already been done. Some time ago. Remember we're hardly the entire pony community here :p

Nishastra

Banned
Steamlord said:
Also, why is Hasbro, Inc. listed three times in Dai101's image? Seems fishy.
Yeah. Generally when there's real copyright claims, it'll list each one once, like this.

The fact that Hasbro is listed three times means it's probably an automated response, and once a human actually looks at the claims they'll likely see that they're false.

KtSlime

angelfly said:

Welcome.

Foxix, RD is awesome, there's nothing she can't do, I mean hay, I think Rainbow Dash is a pretty cool pony. seh made a Sonic Rainboom, savde 4 ponies, made Fluttershy scream, and doesn't afraid of anything!

DrForester said:
I like Madoka just fine, but I wouldn't say it is all that unique, it's pretty dark, but it's just Shaft being Shaft - it is an interesting take on mahou syojyo, but not one that is too far beyond what has been established in prior series. I like Shaft using Hidamari's style for characters, but I think my favorite part of the series is that ClairS does the OT.

Nishastra

Banned
Well, I've finally watched episode 21 now :p

I loved it. It was great to have a change of scenery, and the buffalo were awesome.

Also, I liked how the pie fight was played totally seriously.

Nishastra

Banned
I have 21 avatars at the moment, so you'll have to be a bit more specific :p

They're all either ponies or Stocking from Panty & Stocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom