• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was in class, my Economics professor mentioned a random list of female toys for a math problem example, and mistakenly said they were TV shows.

One of the toys he mentioned was of course, My Little Pony. Someone said, "You know, My Little Pony is actually a show!"

I instantly thought of you guys. Lol.

Pinkie Pie totally was trolling in Ep 21.
Also, it was kind of very stereotypical for the buffalo to be Native Americans... they even gave them the crappy black and white war cry.

spindashing said:
When I was in class, my Economics professor mentioned a random list of female toys for a math problem example, and mistakenly said they were TV shows.

One of the toys he mentioned was of course, My Little Pony. Someone said, "You know, My Little Pony is actually a show!"

I instantly thought of you guys. Lol.

And now you totally regret not being a brony. Think of all the chicks
/fillies
you could have picked up in your class if you were to drop down some mad knowledge of Equestria on those fools.

The awkward wording of your post makes it seems that you think MLP is only a tv show? If so, it's totally a toy first, with a TV show made of it

TouchMyBox said:
And now you totally regret not being a brony. Think of all the chicks
/fillies
you could have picked up in your class if you were to drop down some mad knowledge of Equestria on those fools.

The awkward wording of your post makes it seems that you think MLP is only a tv show? If so, it's totally a toy first, with a TV show made of it
I will check out what the My Little Pony trend is all about. I am curious.

I do know it was a toy before. =P

Mechanical Snowman said:
Oh man imagine if spindashing started watching the show and then changed his avatar to a pony one. The prospect is almost too amazing to think about.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, now. =P

Mechanical Snowman said:
Oh man imagine if spindashing started watching the show and then changed his avatar to a pony one. The prospect is almost too amazing to think about.

What if he made an avatar of... Rainbow Dash spinning?

:O

Koomaster

Jintor said:
I loved that the song backfired.
Did it tho?

Looked like the Buffalo Chief was going to give up, had no real intention of destroying the town, just thought that the threat would force the ponies to back down. If she hadn't forced the conflict further, the Buffalo would have lost out big time and the ponies wouldn't have learned how to SHAAAAARRRRREEEE and CAAAAAAARRRRREEEEE!

Again, Pinkie Pie is the only one who knows what's up. ¬___¬

Also, was anyone else distracted by the town clock during that fight. I hate to point it out as it's such a nitpick, but the whole conflict started at noon, but during the fight the clock kept changing time all over the place. It was at like 9am, 11am, 12:10pm, etc. First time watching I was kind of distracted by that. For a show that's normally very focused on details that was pretty glaring.

KtSlime

Poor Pinkie Pie, she was totally spot on like always, but as always she couldn't convey to everyone how to solve the issue - Dear Celestia, I learned today that sometimes you will have friends
who's singing will cause terrible stampedes
…

Anyway, best line of the episode:
And over here we have horse drawn horse drawn carriages
. Very Faustian:)lol) in style.

Koomaster agrees with me, Pinkie Pie = clairvoyant, ever knowing super pony.

Nishastra

Banned
Koomaster said:
Also, was anyone else distracted by the town clock during that fight. I hate to point it out as it's such a nitpick, but the whole conflict started at noon, but during the fight the clock kept changing time all over the place. It was at like 9am, 11am, 12:10pm, etc. First time watching I was kind of distracted by that. For a show that's normally very focused on details that was pretty glaring.
It was just a REALLY LONG FIGHT :p

I can't say I noticed the clock.

There's lots of little things wrong in the show, though. While making avatars I noticed that the color order of Rainbow Dash's hair is inconsistent. Her hair is supposed to be colored like this when facing left and this when facing right, but if you look around, you'll see lots of instances where she's got the left-facing colors at all times. It bugged the hell out of me for a while, but I've gotten over it now :p

KtSlime

Nishastra said:
It was just a REALLY LONG FIGHT :p

I can't say I noticed the clock.

There's lots of little things wrong in the show, though. While making avatars I noticed that the color order of Rainbow Dash's hair is inconsistent. Her hair is supposed to be colored like this when facing left and this when facing right, but if you look around, you'll see lots of instances where she's got the left-facing colors at all times. It bugged the hell out of me for a while, but I've gotten over it now :p

Yeah, Lauren says that's by design.

Koomaster: Maybe it is a hidden message? Maybe I have watched too much Lost. :lol

Nishastra

Banned
ivedoneyourmom said:
Yeah, Lauren says that's by design.
What is, exactly? :p

In episode 21 Rainbow Dash usually has the left-facing hair color order no matter what, but there's a few scenes where she's facing right and has the other hair color order. There's also a brief moment where she has the other hair color order while facing left, which I hadn't seen before :p

KtSlime

Nishastra said:
What is, exactly? :p

In episode 21 Rainbow Dash usually has the left-facing hair color order no matter what, but there's a few scenes where she's facing right and has the other hair color order. There's also a brief moment where she has the other hair color order while facing left, which I hadn't seen before :p

The hair, according to Lauren it is always supposed to be in the same configuration no matter which side of the pony is facing the camera. However I know there are errors that can and are made in production.

Nishastra

Banned
ivedoneyourmom said:
The hair, according to Lauren it is always supposed to be in the same configuration no matter which side of the pony is facing the camera. However I know there are errors that can and are made in production.
Early on, it was (almost) always different depending on which way she was facing.

It's just kind of slowly degrading :p

Hopefully the animators can actually stick to a way of doing it at some point :p

geeko

How can you notice such miniscule things in such a entertaining show. I'm too distracted by all the pretty colors to notice.

ivedoneyourmom said:
Hay, at least we got some of Rarity's whiney voice at the beginning. Whiney Rarity > Celestia.
It's widdle Rarity who's all saddy waddy! Surely her best line in the whole season.

::SPOILERS::
::SPOILERS::

That whole dialogue on the train has to be the funniest yet, the Fluttershy being a tree one...

"She's not a tree Dashy!-

"I'd like to be a tree!"

Some amazing writing in this episode, really hilarious.

I found it strange that Fluttershy was flying quite a lot in this one, I wonder if her character is progressively becoming less shy or whether it's just anomalous behavior. Though there have been character developments that hint at the former being possible, like Twilight's magical abilities getting increasingly powerful.

And this just had to be done:

1yqoft.jpg

My new favourite episode of the season, and It has really made me reconsider my pony ranking since all the characters were so good in it.

Oh and:

2vkkb9c.jpg

LOL.

So, I've watched the first episode, and I can see why this show is so popular. It's pretty well written, as well as nicely designed. FUCKING CLIFFHANGER, MAN.

Not enough for me to be a Bronie, but you guys do get a lot of respect and cool points from me.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Does Pinkie Pie often break the fourth wall? I've noticed in gifs that the animators have her aware of screen wipes and transitions.

G-Fex

Thnikkaman said:
Does Pinkie Pie often break the fourth wall? I've noticed in gifs that the animators have her aware of screen wipes and transitions.

Pinkie Pie doesn't break the 4th wall, she flies over it with balloons.

Thnikkaman said:
More so than any other character. Spike has broken it once subtly and once explicitly as far as I know.

9gy7vl.jpg

Though that one was apparently an animation error.

shaowebb

I love that last episodes message.

Indians are so stupid that they'd sell you their sacred land for pie.

LOL.

JK but it does hilariously parody all the stereotypes you hear about indians selling stupidly important stuff for whiskey to settlers. Fantasy parodying reality or just super trolling at it's subtlest.

spindashing said:
So, I've watched the first episode, and I can see why this show is so popular. It's pretty well written, as well as nicely designed. FUCKING CLIFFHANGER, MAN.

Not enough for me to be a Bronie, but you guys do get a lot of respect and cool points from me.

All bronies in training feel the same way you do...

Next thing you know when you're bored and have an hour to kill, you'll find yourself watching another episode to entertain yourself. Next thing you know, you've joined the herd.

FoxSpirit

Mechanical Snowman said:
More so than any other character. Spike has broken it once subtly and once explicitly as far as I know.

9gy7vl.jpg

Though that one was apparently an animation error.

Yup... "animation error". Didn't notice that when watching.

KtSlime

Thnikkaman said:
Sure it was...

Pinkie Pie contains the reincarnated soul of Chuck Jones - She bends reality, rubbers her animation, is clairvoyant, bounds from place to place, builds contraptions, randomly appears, interacts with the unknown, interacts with the screens frame and swipes, halts scene changes, etc. The only thing she has yet to do is get in a duck season/rabbit season argument as far as I am concerned.

shaowebb

ivedoneyourmom said:
Pinkie Pie contains the reincarnated soul of Chuck Jones - She bends reality, rubbers her animation, is clairvoyant, bounds from place to place, builds contraptions, randomly appears, interacts with the unknown, interacts with the screens frame and swipes, halts scene changes, etc. The only thing she has yet to do is get in a duck season/rabbit season argument as far as I am concerned.

Or a fight with the animator's pencil.

Koomaster

Mechanical Snowman said:
You gotta Shaaaaarrreeee, you gotta Caaaaaarrreeee! (ad infinitum)

As horrible
awesome
as that whole thing was; it's pretty catchy, and gets stuck in your head.

Plus I am just imagining the whole behind the scenes stuff of this. I just imagine she is like; 'Okay everyone come back tomorrow' and had all this whole show set up. Made a stage and costumes, taught Spike the song, worked on choreography, etc. Just funny to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom