• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Steamlord said:
Oh shit, guys. I just saw this comment on the new pensivepony video:

"Faust actually said she was okay with having the episodes on here, and hasbro only owns the rights to the toys. So it's a spambot. Youtube, fix your bias claim function. LittleKurriboh got banned like 5 times cause of that." -PopGoesThePopper

I don't know whether this is accurate or not, but if it is, it would seem it really is the trolls.

That doesn't seem accurate. Faust has mentioned multiple times that she has bosses she answers to. If those bosses have enough authority to exert some creative control, than Faust likely does not hold the IP rights for the series.

Whogie

I'm sick of smoking Pikachu. Time for a pony avatar!
Myke Greywolf said:
I picked up Adventure Time after someone mentioned it here in the same terms, and it's great.

I did too. It's freaking fantastic.

Mr. Spinnington said:
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat is this thread

Pie.

ZealousD

Mr. Spinnington said:
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat is this thread

This thread is about ponies. Little ponies. Little ponies that, as it stands, happen to belong to me.

I am willing to share my little ponies with you. Because, that's what friends do. And friendship, is MAGIC.

no, this runs much deeper
Myke Greywolf said:
Arrogance is a big character turn-off to me. Rainbow Dash is capable of the best, but most of the time, she contents herself in being a jerk. She really needs a big lesson in humility.
2eq8j6w.jpg

Koomaster

Steamlord said:
Oh shit, guys. I just saw this comment on the new pensivepony video:

"Faust actually said she was okay with having the episodes on here, and hasbro only owns the rights to the toys. So it's a spambot. Youtube, fix your bias claim function. LittleKurriboh got banned like 5 times cause of that." -PopGoesThePopper

I don't know whether this is accurate or not, but if it is, it would seem it really is the trolls.
Well the worst that can happen then if the powers that be are cool with it is that every once in a while a channel/account will get banned. And that sucks and is a hassle, but with so many bronies about, new accounts will pop up and load up episodes. And sounds like Pensive pony would as well. Actually I believe a long time ago her/his account was also banned for a while before coming back.

So haters gonna hate, but bronies just gotta watch ponies. Not even a buffalo is gonna stop this pony train!

ZealousD

drifter444 said:
New episode is up, both parts!

Thanks!

I thought it was a weaker episode overall, but
Brayburn
was hilarious, and had some of the best jokes in the whole series.

Horse drawn horse drawn carriages, and mild west dances. I literally lol'd

daffy

Banned
Watched Episode 21 earlier today, Bloomberg is easily top tier :D

I wish there was some sort of live HD stream we could all watch together, like other tv shows in OT :( That way we could have less disjointed discussions about the latest ep. One person posting on one page, two on another etc.

Oh well, at least I got to watch it! :D

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Kay, first few minutes, and I already love Fluttershy's lines.

"I want to be a tree. <3"

"Huffy the magic dragon. :D"

Subitai

Yeah, I found that very enjoyable. The RD & AJ argument was amusing as was Pinkie Pie scaring RD sneaking around.

It would be nice if more disputes could be solved w/ apple pies.

ZealousD

Jintor said:
I found this episode quite funny, but I think it resolved weirdly.

Are you kidding? It's a perfect allegory for real life! The Israelis and the Palestinians could totally solve their endless land dispute wars if the Palestinians were given apple pie.

McNum

So the moral of this story is that all conflict can be solved with a food fight and delicious apple pie? And most definitely not a song and dance number about sharing. I must admit I liked to see a song like that backfire for once.

Still, funny episode, lots of stupid puns (the best kind) and visual gags to go along with a rather serious story.

Nishastra

Banned
ZealousD said:
Are you kidding? It's a perfect allegory for real life! The Israelis and the Palestinians could totally solve their endless land dispute wars if the Palestinians were given apple pie.
Just as long as they can keep Pinkie from singing anywhere near the peace process.

Jintor

McNum said:
So the moral of this story is that all conflict can be solved with a food fight and delicious apple pie? And most definitely not a song and dance number about sharing. I must admit I liked to see a song like that backfire for once.

Still, funny episode, lots of stupid puns (the best kind) and visual gags to go along with a rather serious story.

I loved that the song backfired.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
So, didn't anyone find it strange that Rainbow Dash, the damn spirit of loyalty, turned native and decided to side with the buffalo with barely the drop of a hat?

As someone on Ponychan said: "Savages, savages, barely even pony!"

Saw the episode a few hours ago. It was all right, definitely not as good as the last two, but still funny. And yeah, I thought Dash definitely seemed a tiny bit OoC.

It sucks what happened with MASTERLINKX's account. Even if it WAS a troll like some people are saying. It would've happened eventually as it's quite understandable. I just hope, that if it is Hasbro, they don't go crazy with takedowns for parodies, AMVs, and such.

OMG Aero

Myke Greywolf said:
So, didn't anyone find it strange that Rainbow Dash, the damn spirit of loyalty, turned native and decided to side with the buffalo with barely the drop of a hat?

It really seems like they mixed up the elements for Applejack and Rainbow. Applejack is always loyal to everyone and Rainbow is always brutally honest, often saying what she thinks regardless of how it will make anyone else feel.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
OMG Aero said:
It really seems like they mixed up the elements for Applejack and Rainbow. Applejack is always loyal to everyone and Rainbow is always brutally honest, often saying what she thinks regardless of how it will make anyone else feel.
It really seems that, for those two, their respective elements are something that they struggle with, rather than something that comes naturally to them. Dash, with her impulsiveness, finds it hard to keep her loyalty to any one cause, whereas Applejack, with her obsession for apple revenue, must find it hard to keep herself honest all the time.

Whogie

Well, the ponies were divided. She sided with Pinkie.

I've gotten bored of Art of the Dress and am more into Winter Wrap Up now. But I noticed something about Derpy during that song.

xTTTX.jpg

In other words:
JEyN9.jpg

Her eye problems are worse than we thought.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
John Dunbar said:
the train is drawn by horses fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Yeah, I didn't quite understand the need for a locomotive there..

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Whogie said:
Well, the ponies were divided. She sided with Pinkie.
Pinkie didn't side with anyone, she was just trying to find Spike. And later on, Pinkie made it known that her wish was that both parts should be willing to compromise, whereas Dash continued arguing in favor of the Buffalo.

Jintor

Myke Greywolf said:

She's loyal to whatever cause she finds worthiest

And the need for a locomotive was for lulz. Didn't you notice the horse-drawn horse carts? "IT'S YOUR TURN TO PULL NOW"

jediyoshi

Mechanical Snowman said:
E21 is now up in 720p.

Woot, thank you based Celestia. Watching the rip that still had commercials in it was soul crushing, not sure how the little ponies can put up with some of that stuff

Shanadeus

Banned
Latest episode was pretty fun, nice to see some focus on Rainbow Dash.

The characters really do become better when the episode is focused on them.

Mechanical Snowman said:
E21 is now up in 720p.
Yep, just saw this myself. Thanks goodness.

The episode was very good. Not quite as good as the last one, but still good. Fluttershy was great. Pinkie Pie though... what the hell? I laughed at how bad that was. I also agree that Dash was a little strange.

This kind of sums up my feelings on Pinkie Pie: (spoilers)
http://i52.tinypic.com/xkvcet.jpg

Whogie said:
But I noticed something about Derpy during that song.

http://i.imgur.com/xTTTX.jpg.
34q1mro.jpg

And just for fun...
Now you're thinking with ponies.
Forrest Derp

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Confused101 said:
Yep, just saw this myself. Thanks goodness.

The episode was very good. Not quite as good as the last one, but still good. Fluttershy was great. Pinkie Pie though... what the hell? I laughed at how bad that was. I also agree that Dash was a little strange.
I didn't think it was that good, it's definitely in the bottom half of the ranking for me. This was supposed to be an Applejack-focused episode, but Dash and Pinkie ended up stealing the show, and not in a particularly good way. My wife didn't like the episode very much, either. In Wikipedia, I read that this was by the same writer as "Feeling Pinkie Keen", and it seems this writer really has some trouble sticking to character.

Ikael

can someone explain the pony-hate that GAF has?

In one single image:

rock_band.png

GAF is full of "you should not be enjoying this completely harmless enternainement" type of people, see also: early wii launch nintendo topics.

In other communities less liberal than GAF, it also has to do about how any man that do not adheres to the societal expectations of what a male should like is obviously an homosexual depraved phedophile fag.

Myke Greywolf said:
In Wikipedia, I read that this was by the same writer as "Feeling Pinkie Keen", and it seems this writer really has some trouble sticking to character.
So is he the guy that's responsible for why that episode got so much backlash? Hm.

Kalnos

Banned
Ikael said:
GAF is full of "you should not be enjoying this completely harmless enternainement" type of people, see also: early wii launch nintendo topics.

In other communities less liberal than GAF, it also has to do about how any man that do not adheres to the societal expectations of what a male should like is obviously an homosexual depraved phedophile fag.

:lol

Nothing is better than the GAF armchair psychologist.

i just watched the episode. while i didn't really like pinkie pie's song, i thought it was hilarious when she came out of nowhere when the big pie/buffalo conflict was about to happen and started singing. i totally lost it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom