• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: On April 14th, We've Got Movie Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

It's on UStream right?
Worked with the Youtube app last year, for me at least.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mst3k/bringbackmst3k#project_faq_156010

Their Marathon FAQ says that they are only streaming on the iOS/Android Pluto app and Yahoo Screen.

It doesn't say anything about UStream or YouTube.

It's possible to watch Yahoo on an Xbox One, though it's a rather unpleasant experience since you have to do it with the web browser rather than a dedicated app. There is no option listed for Playstation though.

mreddie

Their Marathon FAQ says that they are only streaming on the iOS/Android Pluto app and Yahoo Screen.

It's possible to watch Yahoo on an Xbox One, though it's a rather unpleasant experience since you have to do it with the web browser rather than a dedicated app. There is no option listed for Playstation though.

Yahoo Screen? Oh come on!

Sliver

I believe it's streaming on Yahoo Screen this year instead of YouTube which is unfortunate.

Edit: beat to the punch

U5D0re5.png

Sliver

I don't know why they are pushing this Pluto TV app if they are going to be on YouTube....a service that has an app on basically every platform in existence. Hopefully that tweet isn't just Joel making a mistake though.

Pretty sure PlutoTV is just a youtube livestream rehost anyway. Been watching the 24/7 MST3K channel on there, not too bad. But yeah, Joel could have definitely been clearer on all of it.

You know who'd make a good Mad henchman that has an in with Joel?

That Karan Soni kid from Other Space. He's got that totally oblivious, positive spirit that could be a great foil for a randomly irrational, evil Daughter Forester.

EDIT: Oh shit, he's in Deadpool and Ghostbusters. Never mind, the kid's too big now.

Sliver

You know who'd make a good Mad henchman that has an in with Joel?

That Karan Soni kid from Other Space. He's got that totally oblivious, positive spirit that could be a great foil for a randomly irrational, evil Daughter Forester.

EDIT: Oh shit, he's in Deadpool and Ghostbusters. Never mind, the kid's too big now.

People in the Kickstarter comments are thinking Neil Casey, he was in Other Space as well: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2654481/

A couple of really...dedicated fans even tried matching up google images of him with the silhouette. Dude looks like he could do TV's Frank kind of character pretty well.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I don't know why they are pushing this Pluto TV app if they are going to be on YouTube....a service that has an app on basically every platform in existence. Hopefully that tweet isn't just Joel making a mistake though.

It would not be a wise move to exclude Youtube when they are promoting a Kickstarter.

People in the Kickstarter comments are thinking Neil Casey, he was in Other Space as well: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2654481/

A couple of really...dedicated fans even tried matching up google images of him with the silhouette. Dude looks like he could do TV's Frank kind of character pretty well.

That would seriously be a perfect choice. Loved him on Other Space.
Yeah that guy definitely had a Frank look about him. He would be good as well.

I am a bit surprised there hasn't been any noticeable bump from the Felicia Day announcement. I've not been watching the numbers like a hawk, but it the gains from yesterday to today seem pretty much on par with the normal trend we had going.

Maybe there isn't as much overlap as we thought/hoped?

Tom_Cody

I am a bit surprised there hasn't been any noticeable bump from the Felicia Day announcement. I've not been watching the numbers like a hawk, but it the gains from yesterday to today seem pretty much on par with the normal trend we had going.

Maybe there isn't as much overlap as we thought/hoped?
They've had a bit of a bump yesterday and today, but nothing gigantic. It should be enough to ensure that they pass Joel's recent goal of reaching $2.75M by tomorrow (half way though the top goal by half way through the campaign length).

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/mst3k/bringbackmst3k/#chart-daily

border

I'm not really sure if it was reasonable to expect some huge bump from Felicia Day anyhow. Even as an internet celebrity, she has been pretty low-profile for the last couple of years. I don't think she has the kind of rabid following of fans that will go nuts just to see her in anything.

Darren870

It does seem like 12 episodes isn't all that feasible anymore, but I think it could still squeak by for 9.

Yea, honestly I hope they just do 12 in the end. It's the only reason I backed it really! I could care less about the knick knacks and items. I don't need any clutter in my house.

Just want 12 new episodes!

It does seem like 12 episodes isn't all that feasible anymore, but I think it could still squeak by for 9.

It's on pace to hit half of 5.5 million at the halfway point of the campaign. Not counting a turkey day bump it could very feasibly hit that amount, but it'll be really close to the end of the campaign.

They've had a bit of a bump yesterday and today, but nothing gigantic. It should be enough to ensure that they pass Joel's recent goal of reaching $2.75M by tomorrow (half way though the top goal by half way through the campaign length).

Oh neat, I hadn't seen this before but it confirms what I was thinking.

And this is without taking into account Turkey Day or the usual last minute rush that most big Kickstarter campaigns get.

Sliver

I'm psyched for this, guys. I like all the casting picks so far.

Except for the Wil Wheaton rumors

Yeah, honestly Wil Wheaton might be the only thing that could ruin it for me. Unless he brings out some fine acting to get as far away from his real life persona as possible. I find the dude insufferable on the board game shows he hosts.

Ah thanks for the link, that does help contextualize it - and you are right, there definitely was a bump yesterday looking at this chart. I guess I had just hoped for another big bump like when they announced Jonah Ray as the host, and the first 24 hour challenge.

But you are right, we are well on track to the 2.75 million mark by tomorrow. If not sooner - as right now it's at 2.7 already. $50k isn't chump change, but it definitely should be doable with the Turkey Day shenanigans to come as well.

Man.. it might just make the 5.5 million if it keeps up at this pace. Steady, with nice bumps here and there - then when we get to the last 72-48 hours you'll get that last crazy push from everyone else as the campaign winds down. (which correct me if I am wrong, but is pretty typical especially in a campaign that has met it's "goal" already and is pushing for strech goals, correct?)

mclem

Man.. it might just make the 5.5 million if it keeps up at this pace. Steady, with nice bumps here and there - then when we get to the last 72-48 hours you'll get that last crazy push from everyone else as the campaign winds down. (which correct me if I am wrong, but is pretty typical especially in a campaign that has met it's "goal" already and is pushing for strech goals, correct?)

Yeah, I'm expecting a full 1M from the last few days, frankly, and my predictions have been made with that in mind.

opoth

Banned
I really hope we make 3.3mil by the end of the marathon. I think we'll get another update tomorrow describing the "major bonus" (hopefully the lost KTMAs) which should help quite a bit too.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Don't think it would ruin it for me, but I also would be disappointed in Wil Wheaton. He's settled into a character in every role he does recently, and I don't care to see it repeated on MST3K.

-Gozer-

I haven't seen Will Wheaton act in anything besides TNG.

Anyone care to link me to an example as to why some people seem to be worried about this?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The silhouette is the least convincing part. That isn't the shape of Wheaton's head and he's never had that haircut.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Damn, I wish I had a job at the moment.
Would be the first Kickstarter I would put $200 towards.

Sliver

How much of a chance do you guys think we have of getting 12 episodes? I don't follow many Kickstarters, but I think with a couple more solid announcements, rewards and a good Turkey Day it might be doable. Or just one mega-nerd millionaire.

Blader

How much of a chance do you guys think we have of getting 12 episodes? I don't follow many Kickstarters, but I think with a couple more solid announcements, rewards and a good Turkey Day it might be doable. Or just one mega-nerd millionaire.

Hamill could've funded this whole thing single-handedly already!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

I'd love to see Netflix pick it up. Things get more interesting when kickstarters get millions in backing from consumers.

So far I like everything I've seen regarding the new cast/chemistry/comedy. It seems like everybody's heart is in the right place. Hoping we can break that $5 mil barrier but if not at least we'll get something. And the shows don't take too awful long to produce so we probably won't have to wait forever either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom