• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: On April 14th, We've Got Movie Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 MILLION!

3_zpsgrtuifgo.jpg

BigDug13

I feel like the way they developed the tiers means it will have a snowball effect. The closer they get to the 10-12 episode tier the more that $100 pledge appears to be worth while. Right now paying $100 for 3 episodes seems dumb but when the money gets to 10 episodes, the dollar value of the $100 tier gets way better.

mclem

I think that the underperformance on Turkey Day all but rules out 12 episodes, but 9 may still be possible with a final push in the last few days.

It's a bit obfuscated now given that there's store purchases as well, so there's some quantity that's hidden from us. Wonder if Joel will keep us posted on that; I couldn't resist the 87-episode bundle.

Still expecting another million in that final push based on the size of the initial push, so in my (probably innacurate!) eyes, 9 episodes is a lock.

Tobor

I think it was a mistake to do this during the holidays. Money is tight for a lot of people this time of year.

In spring, around tax return time, this would be doing much better.

It's a bit obfuscated now given that there's store purchases as well, so there's some quantity that's hidden from us. Wonder if Joel will keep us posted on that; I couldn't resist the 87-episode bundle.

Still expecting another million in that final push based on the size of the initial push, so in my (probably innacurate!) eyes, 9 episodes is a lock.

Turkey Day was the 5th biggest day of the Kickstarter. The add-ons might have pushed it to 4th or even 3rd biggest day if they sold a 300-400 of those add-ons. Which seems reasonable to me.

Today is tracking to hit around $100,000 so that would keep the 5 day average over $100,000. Which is pretty incredible for a Kickstarter in the middle of its run. Especially when you consider it started smaller than similar Kickstarters. Keeping that momentum going is hard and Joel and crew have done an incredible job.

Eegah

Turkey Day was the 5th biggest day of the Kickstarter. The add-ons might have pushed it to 4th or even 3rd biggest day if they sold a 300-400 of those add-ons. Which seems reasonable to me.

My order number last night at 11pm eastern was 00445. This translates to over $66,000 if all those orders were the "complete" package. Along with the $40,000 from the big ticket rewards, that would make approximately $100,000 hidden from the displayed Kickstarter total.

I'm very skeptical of reaching 5.5M, but 4.4 seems likely at this point.

Tom_Cody

My order number last night at 11pm eastern was 00445. This translates to over $66,000 if all those orders were the "complete" package. Along with the $40,000 from the big ticket rewards, that would make approximately $100,000 hidden from the displayed Kickstarter total.

Same here. I think they will hit $4.4M without much trouble, but won't make it to $5.5M. I would be happy to be wrong though.

They have 14 days left. If they settle into $25K-$50K per day then that will result in $300K-$600K leading into the final two days, and then they could likely get another $1M in the final two days. I think my projection is fairly conservative, and that gets them safely above $4.4M.

mclem

Speaking of which, I'm missing my receipt. What's the subject line, to help me try to pick it out of my spam folder?

Abounder

Banned
I think it was a mistake to do this during the holidays. Money is tight for a lot of people this time of year.

In spring, around tax return time, this would be doing much better.

I thought fall had the biggest successes for kickstarter (like Star Citizen but perhaps that's an anomaly)

Anyway I think the project will hit its max goal, if it had Joel and Mike from the get-go or merchandise like MST3k figurines it would be faster . Loved the marathon

There will be a lot of last minute buyers like myself simply because of the price points.

If they keep adding old episodes that seems to be the best way to do mini campaigns. People don't seem to mind contributing at least 35 to ensure more old digital episodes get added.

What was the campaign yesterday even for anyway? A shoutout for spending $85? Pretty lame if I'm being honest.

I am very tempted to pick up the complete package.
http://mst3k.com/kickstarter/addons/digital-episode-collection

I considered getting this but I already have every episode in a digital format (got them back in the "grey area" days) and there are so many episodes that are not included. I would spend $50 more if they had more from Season 3. It's missing the Gamera episodes, Master Ninja, and a lot from Season 8 as well.

I actually graphed this all out because I really wanted to buy this but had to justify it in my mind. After seeing what was missing, I couldn't pull the trigger.

B.K.

It's missing the Gamera episodes, Master Ninja, and a lot from Season 8 as well.

I don't know about the rest, but Shout Factory has lost the rights to the Gamera movies. That's why they aren't included. You could buy them from Vimeo earlier this year, but they removed them after they lost the rights to the movies.

mclem

I don't know about the rest, but Shout Factory has lost the rights to the Gamera movies. That's why they aren't included. You could buy them from Vimeo earlier this year, but they removed them after they lost the rights to the movies.

Is there a list of everything that had at some point been released on DVD but is not in the package? I know the Gamera ones, and I'm sure there was an early (Rhino-era) package that dropped a movie after only a few were printed (A Godzilla one?)

Brashnir

all backers who pledge $85 or more on Kickstarter* will get to include a name of their choice in the credits of a new MST3K!

There's going to be like 700 people named "Big McLargehuge" in the credits, isn't there?

Sliver

Hopefully the news helps in some way? Campaign came to a crawl post thanksgiving

Yeah, I'm hoping so too. Pretty much given up on 12 episodes, but 9 is still do-able. Plus I think with 9 it still sends a message and would hopefully result in MST3K being picked up somewhere (my hopes would be Netflix and Amazon).

Yeah, I'm hoping so too. Pretty much given up on 12 episodes, but 9 is still do-able. Plus I think with 9 it still sends a message and would hopefully result in MST3K being picked up somewhere (my hopes would be Netflix and Amazon).

6 is a lock, 9 is almost surely going to happen with the final push. Yea 12 seems impossible at this point.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Whhhhaaaaat.

I imagine the overlap between Oswalt fans and Msties is pretty large, so hopefully this motivates some people on the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom